PDA

View Full Version : 5 Seasons (Daniel Giansiracusa)

jeemak
28-10-2013, 10:54 AM
http://www.theage.com.au/interactive/2013/5seasons/Giansiracusa.html

Great insight into Gia's 2013 season. Enjoy!

azabob
28-10-2013, 11:12 AM
jeemak - your a star.

thanks for posting.

w3design
28-10-2013, 12:01 PM
a beautiful story.

w3design
28-10-2013, 12:01 PM
don't you just love Emma Quayle.

Hotdog60
28-10-2013, 12:13 PM
Great reading thanks

LostDoggy
28-10-2013, 02:00 PM
Fantastic insight.

Murphy'sLore
28-10-2013, 02:47 PM
Terrific reading. It's great to get this kind of glimpse behind the scenes.

And, dare I say, nice pics too ;)

JohnGentStand
28-10-2013, 03:06 PM
Honest and nicely written

Scraggers
28-10-2013, 03:18 PM
I really enjoyed that !!

BulldogBelle
28-10-2013, 04:15 PM
What a fantastic piece. In a world where football journalism has a perverse fixation with writing stories that would comfortably fit into a script of bold and the beautiful this is something engaging, raw and refreshing.

Remi Moses
28-10-2013, 05:13 PM
Emma's one of the best . Nice article

Go_Dogs
28-10-2013, 05:56 PM
That was brilliant.

LostDoggy
28-10-2013, 06:01 PM
Great story. Wish the generic supporter base had given him more of the support he deserved over his broader career. The whole no Gia for captain rubbish of a few years ago was unutterably sad and he didn't deserve the rubbish that went around. Great read about a true clubman. Thank you Emma. Thank you Gia!

bornadog
28-10-2013, 07:18 PM
Terrific reading. It's great to get this kind of glimpse behind the scenes.

And, dare I say, nice pics too ;)

Steady on :D

strebla
29-10-2013, 01:08 PM
Great story. Wish the generic supporter base had given him more of the support he deserved over his broader career. The whole no Gia for captain rubbish of a few years ago was unutterably sad and he didn't deserve the rubbish that went around. Great read about a true clubman. Thank you Emma. Thank you Gia!

I was one one of the people who didn't want him to be captain. I didn't rate his work rate which I was wrong to do he has been a loyal and hard working dog that has always been the case. I think his lack of pace just made him look as if he didn't work hard enough but gee he is a smart footballer and knows where to go on a footy field.

Hotdog60
29-10-2013, 01:42 PM
I was one one of the people who didn't want him to be captain. I didn't rate his work rate which I was wrong to do he has been a loyal and hard working dog that has always been the case. I think his lack of pace just made him look as if he didn't work hard enough but gee he is a smart footballer and knows where to go on a footy field.

It's interesting the perception's that supporters can have of players. We can all misjudge a player without know in reality were that player is at. The article was a good insight into how things go in the background. I've done my share of bagging a player for lack of effort when the reality could be he that he is half crippled with pain.

strebla
29-10-2013, 01:59 PM
It's interesting the perception's that supporters can have of players. We can all misjudge a player without know in reality were that player is at. The article was a good insight into how things go in the background. I've done my share of bagging a player for lack of effort when the reality could be he that he is half crippled with pain.

Never ever bag players he just frustrated me no end I think his last 3 years I have relaxed and enjoyed watching the wily old fox. We as supporters do tend to put players in marked boxes or in my case question their work rate but truth be known he is as hard a worker as anyone and I was being close minded because he wasn't as tough at the footy as say a Mitch Hahn and I found that hard to deal with. I now feel he is tough in other smarter ways unlike me who is like a bull at a gate and has no thought process .

The bulldog tragician
29-10-2013, 09:04 PM
A really wonderful insight and a reminder of all the players go through and how little we know of the pain and sacrifice they go through. I'm so glad Gia will not be going elsewhere. And I'd like to say thanks for his selfless dedication over the years too .

LostDoggy
29-10-2013, 09:48 PM
Very good article, enjoyable read. Has anyone read the other stories from the 5, any good ? Noticed one is about Nick Vlastuins' first year.

LostDoggy
30-10-2013, 09:18 AM
Very good article, enjoyable read. Has anyone read the other stories from the 5, any good ? Noticed one is about Nick Vlastuins' first year.

That one and the Boyd one I thought were both very good.

jeemak
01-11-2013, 09:30 PM
There was an excerpt from this article on The Age web page today, talking about Gia's position in the team after the Adelaide game.

What struck me the most, was the sheer recognition from him that his form was bad and that injury wasn't an excuse for his performances, even though it was clearly playing on his mind and affecting him physically.

This gave an excellent insight to Gia's attitude towards preparing and declaring yourself fit for games, and made me think about the excuses for ordinary performances a player of poor repute who left our club a couple of years ago made when things started to turn against him.

Humility and honesty towards one's own situation and subsequent output is highly valued by AFL clubs, and I'm very glad we have been given the opportunity to read commentary from a player from our club as it was happening. This is why Gia will always be a treasured club person, while some others may not.