PDA

View Full Version : Life education van visits St Kilda

Ghost Dog
20-11-2013, 12:23 PM
Link (http://insidesauce.com/alan-richardson-brings-life-education-van-to-st-kilda/)

http://insidesauce.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/lifeed-300x168.jpg

The Life Education Van - usually reserved for primary school children - has made a special appearance at the St Kilda Football Club.

Following Ahmed Saad’s delisting for taking a banned substance, newly appointed St Kilda coach Alan Richardson has acted swiftly in improving the culture at his new club, enlisting the services of the Life Education Van to school his players in important life skills and the dangers of drugs and alcohol.

The van aims to educate people with a 10-12 year old’s intelligence and is usually reserved for yearly visits to primary schools around Victoria, but Richardson has used his connections with State government to call in a special favour.

“I am going to rebuild this club from the ground up,” said Richardson. “And if that means educating the playing list in basic life skills, physical education and vital organs and the dangers of drugs and alcohol then that is what I will do.”

Nick Riewoldt’s former agent, Ricky Nixon, has been invited as a guest speaker and hopes to discuss the pitfalls of the AFL lifestyle.

“If I can stop one player from making the same mistakes I did; where to buy the quality Charlie, which nights to avoid at Eve Nightclub, it will be worth it.”

comrade
20-11-2013, 12:26 PM
Link (http://insidesauce.com/alan-richardson-brings-life-education-van-to-st-kilda/)

http://insidesauce.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/lifeed-300x168.jpg

The Life Education Van - usually reserved for primary school children - has made a special appearance at the St Kilda Football Club.

Following Ahmed Saad’s delisting for taking a banned substance, newly appointed St Kilda coach Alan Richardson has acted swiftly in improving the culture at his new club, enlisting the services of the Life Education Van to school his players in important life skills and the dangers of drugs and alcohol.

The van aims to educate people with a 10-12 year old’s intelligence and is usually reserved for yearly visits to primary schools around Victoria, but Richardson has used his connections with State government to call in a special favour.

“I am going to rebuild this club from the ground up,” said Richardson. “And if that means educating the playing list in basic life skills, physical education and vital organs and the dangers of drugs and alcohol then that is what I will do.”

Nick Riewoldt’s former agent, Ricky Nixon, has been invited as a guest speaker and hopes to discuss the pitfalls of the AFL lifestyle.

“If I can stop one player from making the same mistakes I did; where to buy the quality Charlie, which nights to avoid at Eve Nightclub, it will be worth it.”

Haha, I thought this was legit until the Ricky Nixon quote.

Ghost Dog
20-11-2013, 12:59 PM
hehe. Check out some of the other articles. Some funny ones. A bit like ' the onion' for AFL.

Twodogs
20-11-2013, 01:45 PM
Heh!

I'm with comrade in thinking it was legit. It's a funny site-Briabane targeting foreign exchange students to cut down on the go home factor is a classic.

LostDoggy
20-11-2013, 03:18 PM
Still believed it was legit after reading Ricky Nixon's quote... what a classic!

Happy Days
20-11-2013, 05:22 PM
Yeah Inside Sauce is awesome, found out about it earlier in the year when a mate linked me to an artice "Malthouse instructs Yarran to bring in cones after training; told to go *!*!*!*! himself", out of concern for my SC Draft team.

Twodogs
28-11-2013, 11:40 AM
Still believed it was legit after reading Ricky Nixon's quote... what a classic!

I thought Ricky's comments confirmed it's authenticity. It's just the sort of thing he'd say.

comrade
28-11-2013, 12:08 PM
I thought Ricky's comments confirmed it's authenticity. It's just the sort of thing he'd say.

And he'd end it with "toot toot".

Strange cat.