PDA

View Full Version : The Bulldog Yearbook

Eastdog
26-11-2013, 01:29 PM
Got mine today in the mail. Anyone get theirs?

Murphy'sLore
26-11-2013, 01:30 PM
Mine arrived yesterday. Like the matte production, very classy.

whythelongface
26-11-2013, 01:32 PM
Yes got mine yesterday. Excellent read thus far.

BulldogBelle
26-11-2013, 02:36 PM
The line from Bmac "that chant at half time against Melbourne made the hair on the back of my neck stand up" was just fantastic. And "I love our Bulldogs people" had me walking around fist-pumping. Can't wait for next season!

Eastdog
26-11-2013, 03:30 PM
The line from Bmac "that chant at half time against Melbourne made the hair on the back of my neck stand up" was just fantastic. And "I love our Bulldogs people" had me walking around fist-pumping. Can't wait for next season!

Yeah that chant was great. We may not have the biggest supporter base but we are certainly up there in terms of passion.

Eastdog
26-11-2013, 09:33 PM
Nice to see WOOF listed under our player sponsors.

GVGjr
26-11-2013, 09:34 PM
Nice to see WOOF listed under our player sponsors.

Jason Johannisen is the sponsored player

Go_Dogs
26-11-2013, 11:22 PM
My copy arrived today, looking forward to having a good read tomorrow.

SonofScray
27-11-2013, 02:46 PM
Got my copy, got my name in their for attending every home game this year. Only missed a few of the interstate ones as well.

Similar to St 07, I loved reading Nod's response to that chant at half time. Even thinking about it now just made my eyes well up a bit. For mine it was a watershed moment in the development of this Club after a few years of absolute rock bottom performances and lack of competitive spirit. It really got to me how spineless some of our efforts in Eade's last season, Smorgon's last season and the early tenure of Nod were. There was just no one in the Club up for a stoush in any facet of the world of footy.

The coach promised us ruthless animals, we didn't get it straight away but in bits and pieces it started to come and when the dust up occurred, it stirred something in the stands that you just don't get every week anymore. A real sense of tribalism, us v them and a bit of bloodlust as well. It united the Club, all the stakeholders and the team were one in that instant and it conformed for me we were on an upward swing.

2013 was an enjoyable season, despite the struggles. I've marked it down as the year I genuinely felt that a flag will wag in my lifetime.

Happy Days
27-11-2013, 03:51 PM
Jason Johannisen is the sponsored player

You're the best Gaz

OLD SCRAGGer
27-11-2013, 04:03 PM

TOTALLY AGREE !!! Bring on 2014 I say !!!!!!!!!:)

AndrewP6
28-11-2013, 11:14 PM
Mine arrived yesterday. Like the matte production, very classy.

I'm probably in the opposing camp, I think it looks cheap. Much prefer the gloss.

Murphy'sLore
29-11-2013, 10:55 AM
Nah, gloss is vulgar. Like the spot gloss on the cover though.

always right
29-11-2013, 05:37 PM
We certainly have a wide range of personalities on this board....from the rose-coloured-glasses types to the glass-half-empty types (pardon the cliches). Makes for interesting reading.

comrade
29-11-2013, 05:55 PM
I'm probably in the opposing camp, I think it looks cheap. Much prefer the gloss.

I can't wait for the day we win a flag with a stirring 3 goal win and I log onto WOOF, and Andrew has posted:

"Yeah, but we should have won by 4 goals".

:D

bornadog
29-11-2013, 06:04 PM
We certainly have a wide range of personalities on this board....from the rose-coloured-glasses types to the glass-half-empty types (pardon the cliches). Makes for interesting reading.

The world would be boring if we all agreed and liked the same things.

AndrewP6
29-11-2013, 09:47 PM
I can't wait for the day we win a flag with a stirring 3 goal win and I log onto WOOF, and Andrew has posted:

"Yeah, but we should have won by 4 goals".

:D

If I'm still alive when that day comes, I'll be too drunk to post on WOOF. :)

Bulldog4life
29-11-2013, 09:49 PM
If I'm still alive when that day comes, I'll be too drunk to post on WOOF. :)

Good come back Andrew.:)

craigsahibee
30-11-2013, 10:12 PM
:eek:Drunk posts are sometimes the best posts.

Or they seem like they are at the time.