PDA

View Full Version : Essendon dances to its own tune...again.

Ghost Dog
28-11-2013, 04:32 PM
THE AFL is investigating whether Essendon breached league rules for allowing rookie draft candidates train with the club ahead of yesterday's draft.

The Bombers face more scrutiny from the AFL - and potentially more fines - after allegations up to 12 players may have trained with the club ahead of the rookie draft.

Under the competition rules, all clubs must notify the AFL when any unlisted players train with them, from which the league sends out regular permission-to-train lists.

An AFL spokesman today confirmed the investigation was underway to ascertain whether multiple players - some who were subsequently picked up by rival clubs - had been training with the Bombers without permission.

"Yes, we are aware of it, and we are following it up," the AFL spokesman said.

If proven, there could be a financial sanction applied to Essendon of potentially up to $4000 per player.

The investigation comes only three months after the AFL handed out the biggest penalty in the game's history to Essendon for its governance failures during the sports supplements scandal.

In late August the AFL booted the Bombers out of the finals, handed the club a $2 million fine and imposed draft penalties as well following a protracted investigation into the club's controversial supplements program.

Go_Dogs
28-11-2013, 04:34 PM
They just continue to thumb their noses at the AFL.

Wouldn't it be great to see them get sanctioned over this? Undoubtedly my most disliked club now.

LostDoggy
28-11-2013, 04:42 PM
They just continue to thumb their noses at the AFL.

Wouldn't it be great to see them get sanctioned over this? Undoubtedly my most disliked club now.
Now?
For the last 60 years for me

Ghost Dog
28-11-2013, 04:50 PM
:DThe AFL could run its equalisation fund purely off the fines it hands out to Windy hill.

Twodogs
28-11-2013, 05:48 PM
:DTthe AFL could run its equalisation fund purely off the fines it hands out to Windy hill.

Wouldn't that snot them!

Not such smug gits after all.

bulldogtragic
28-11-2013, 06:18 PM
Sometimes it's hard to wonder why we always play by the rules and are a solid citizen of the comp.

Greystache
28-11-2013, 07:15 PM
Perhaps they were just seeing how the kids would react to the jabs before committing to them.

azabob
28-11-2013, 08:20 PM
Sometimes it's hard to wonder why we always play by the rules and are a solid citizen of the comp.

Yep, I hear what you are saying.

SonofScray
28-11-2013, 08:53 PM
Fair dinkum. Just throw them out. They are cheats, plain and simple.

Nuggety Back Pocket
28-11-2013, 10:28 PM
The Essendon FC Board is ultimately responsible for its current predicament. To allow the ego of James Hird to run rampart has greatly dented the reputation of one of the League's most powerful clubs. Paul Little, the new Essendon President to then turn around and give Hird a further 2 year contract after his 12 month suspension beggars belief. This once proud club is now reeling from what has been an absolute disaster. Clubs like Hawthorn and Geelong through strong leadership and governance has highlighted that nothing replaces character and integrity.

Remi Moses
28-11-2013, 10:33 PM
Little and the rest have played the " us against them" card throughout.
They have form a decade or so ago when they hid ( Davies) from being drafted .
Thankfully he turned out to be a bust , and I think they got fined .
The arrogance of this club knows no end .

The Doctor
28-11-2013, 11:35 PM
Little is fast becoming the most despicable President since Big Jack. At least you could get a laugh out of Jack or laugh at him.

Throughandthrough
29-11-2013, 12:43 AM
Now?

Adelaide Crows say hello

Scraggers
29-11-2013, 12:59 AM
Now?

Adelaide Crows say hello

West Coast Eagles say hi !!

KT31
29-11-2013, 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by EJ Smith View Post
Now?

Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
Adelaide Crows say hello

Saint's say G'day and then they say lets all get drunk, take our clothes off and do anything we please.

josie
29-11-2013, 08:26 PM
Saint's say G'day and then they say lets all get drunk, take our clothes off and do anything we please.

A laugh a day keeps the doctor away - thanks KT31 for my daily dose !!

W W Biscuit
29-11-2013, 08:46 PM

We have integrity. I'm proud of the way our club goes about things. I think we are great bunch of people with very solid values. The way it should be :)

LostDoggy
29-11-2013, 10:47 PM
+1

We have integrity. I'm proud of the way our club goes about things. I think we are great bunch of people with very solid values. The way it should be :)
Often, when you have the character and integrity to do the right thing, you suffer for it. That's what makes it all the more respectable.

SonofScray
30-11-2013, 10:26 AM
Agree BAS, it just adds to the value of a flag which wags. There will be no doubt that the win was ours and ours alone.

mjp
30-11-2013, 05:07 PM

Let's not get on too high a horse with regards this issue.

LostDoggy
30-11-2013, 09:58 PM
Little is fast becoming the most despicable President since Big Jack. At least you could get a laugh out of Jack or laugh at him.

Adelaide Crows say hello

Right there with you T&T!

Happy Days
01-12-2013, 07:08 PM
Has thumbing their nose at the AFL actually gotten Essendon anywhere in the last decade?

ratsmac
01-12-2013, 07:13 PM
The Essendon FC Board is ultimately responsible for its current predicament. To allow the ego of James Hird to run rampart has greatly dented the reputation of one of the League's most powerful clubs. Paul Little, the new Essendon President to then turn around and give Hird a further 2 year contract after his 12 month suspension beggars belief. This once proud club is now reeling from what has been an absolute disaster. Clubs like Hawthorn and Geelong through strong leadership and governance has highlighted that nothing replaces character and integrity.

Well said NBP

bulldogtragic
07-12-2013, 12:39 PM
$20,000 fine for this infringement.

LostDoggy
07-12-2013, 01:06 PM
Good ��

LostDoggy
07-12-2013, 01:18 PM

Very well put NBP. It seems that they took doing "Whatever it takes" a little too literally. Integrity is priceless and with blokes like Peter Gordon and Brendan McCartney leading our Club we are in great hands.

Dancin' Douggy
08-12-2013, 10:00 PM
I had the very VERY unfortunate displeasure of spending a few microseconds this afternoon with a highly deluded Essendon supporter.
So, in a nutshell.....

James Hird never did anything wrong. He's an EXTREMELY intelligent man, everything they took was legal WHEN THEY TOOK IT. But then the rules got changed............
It's all Demetriou's fault and he'll be gone by the end of the year.

Just absolute spew up, cult mentality material.

I was at a child's birthday party, and rather than listen to the drivel, I volunteered to be the guy minding the front gate to make sure the kids didn't run on the road.

(There were no kids in the front yard at the time)

bulldogtragic
08-12-2013, 10:03 PM
I had the very VERY unfortunate displeasure of spending a few microseconds this afternoon with a highly deluded Essendon supporter.
So, in a nutshell.....

James Hird never did anything wrong. He's an EXTREMELY intelligent man, everything they took was legal WHEN THEY TOOK IT. But then the rules got changed............
It's all Demetriou's fault and he'll be gone by the end of the year.

Just absolute spew up, cult mentality material.

I was at a child's birthday party, and rather than listen to the drivel, I volunteered to be the guy minding the front gate to make sure the kids didn't run on the road.

(There were no kids in the front yard at the time)
And no kids ran on the road. Just an everyday Aussie hero! :)