PDA

View Full Version : No. 1 Ticket Holder 2014 ???

bulldogtragic
03-12-2013, 02:28 PM
No Politics or Stupidity. I'm sick of my threads on this being railroaded and then rightfully deleted!

It seems or current #1 ticket holder is moving away from our region and interstate, taking time out to lecture and write books and step away from the spot light more generally. This is what the press has reported her as saying anyway.

I'm assuming we might mutually thank each other and specifically her for her service and find someone else who can take on the mantle. If that's the case, thank you Julia for promoting the dogs at every opportunity and enjoy academia and semi retirement. The timing seems right for each other for a change.

So if we are looking to replace, who are the candidates?
Is it about thanking those who move heaven and earth for us?
Is it about using their celebrity to help gain exposure?
Can we/should we give it to someone who has had it before?

I'll start by saying someone with this title should have a decent record of supporting, including long term membership. Ideally someone with some level of celebrity to promote the club, but this is not essential for mine. I think it should also be someone who hasn't had the title before, as a personal opinion.

bornadog
03-12-2013, 02:43 PM
Who is your choice BT?

I will have to have a think about it before posting, but I would like someone that is going to promote the club, who has been a life long supporter and is seen in the public eye as someone well respected.

Scraggers
03-12-2013, 02:44 PM
Mark Casey - Lawn Bowls for Australia (avid Bulldog supporter)

Wil Anderson - Comedian (avid Bulldog supporter)

I would be happy for both or either of these gentlemen to be the number one ticket holder

LostDoggy
03-12-2013, 02:53 PM
Surviving members of the 54 premiership should hold it jointly.

Eastdog
03-12-2013, 03:15 PM
John Roskam - Institute of Public affairs Executive director (avid Bulldogs Supporter)

Chris Hemsworth - Actor (avid Bulldogs supporter)

Dan Lonergan - Sports commentator and writer (avid Bulldogs supporter)

Mark Stevens - Journalist current 7 sports chief football reporter (avid Bulldogs supporter)

EasternWest
03-12-2013, 03:24 PM
No Politics or Stupidity. I'm sick of my threads on this being railroaded and then rightfully deleted!

It seems or current #1 ticket holder is moving away from our region and interstate, taking time out to lecture and write books and step away from the spot light more generally. This is what the press has reported her as saying anyway.

I'm assuming we might mutually thank each other and specifically her for her service and find someone else who can take on the mantle. If that's the case, thank you Julia for promoting the dogs at every opportunity and enjoy academia and semi retirement. The timing seems right for each other for a change.

So if we are looking to replace, who are the candidates?
Is it about thanking those who move heaven and earth for us?
Is it about using their celebrity to help gain exposure?
Can we/should we give it to someone who has had it before?

I'll start by saying someone with this title should have a decent record of supporting, including long term membership. Ideally someone with some level of celebrity to promote the club, but this is not essential for mine. I think it should also be someone who hasn't had the title before, as a personal opinion.

What about David Smorgon for services rendered?

Eastdog
03-12-2013, 03:28 PM

Absolutely that another great option. Smorgo did a lot for our club as president.

bornadog
03-12-2013, 03:37 PM
John Roskam - Institute of Public affairs Executive director (avid Bulldogs Supporter)

No Thanks can't stand that right wing Nazi

Don't really know him

Whinger, doesn't promote the club, taught his kids not to follow the dogs so they won't be a misery guts like him

Mark Stevens - Journalist current 7 sports chief football reporter (avid Bulldogs supporter)

Maybe

Many actors follow the dogs like William McInness, so not sure what Chris has over them.

Greystache
03-12-2013, 03:53 PM

I just threw up a little.

He does more harm than good for the club. He's just an immature football fan who makes emotional outbursts with little consideration of the bigger picture, he'd fit right in on the Facebook page. If he really gave a shit about the club he would use his media mouth piece to assist the club, all he does is run it down and create instability.

boydogs
03-12-2013, 03:57 PM
Disagree on Mark Stevens, surely you can't give it to a journo then expect them to write independent articles. Like to hear other suggestions but Wil Anderson sounds good.

Mofra
03-12-2013, 04:32 PM
Out of interest, who was it prior to Julia?

Bulldog Joe
03-12-2013, 04:42 PM
Craig Parry (golfer) could be a candidate.

The Underdog
03-12-2013, 04:58 PM
Many actors follow the dogs like William McInness, so not sure what Chris has over them.

International profile. Appeal to a younger demographic. Money.

Not sure what his interest level would be but he is certainly on the upper end of names with cache.
Have to have a think about other potential options.

Eastdog
03-12-2013, 04:58 PM

Fair point BAD. Chris doesn't have much over William.

Eastdog
03-12-2013, 04:59 PM
Out of interest, who was it prior to Julia?

I believe Peter Gordon our current president was the number 1 male ticket holder before Julia but I'm not entirely sure on that.

hotdog
03-12-2013, 04:59 PM
Mark Seymore- H&C? Avid fan

I am in favour of Smorgo. Has done a lot for the club over the years.

Eastdog
03-12-2013, 05:01 PM
Irene Chatfield (Special supporter who saved our club from merging)

bulldogtragic
03-12-2013, 05:03 PM
Who is your choice BT?

I will have to have a think about it before posting, but I would like someone that is going to promote the club, who has been a life long supporter and is seen in the public eye as someone well respected.
Same, I'm thinking seriously about this. I think the strategy (for lack of a better term) needs to be answered before I pick a name. Ie, what is the purpose or role of the position.

I see 3 different types of holders:

1) fame - they are famous enough to use the office to get more exposure and air time for membership - of the list above, Wil Anderson would be in with a shot as he has 100,000+ twitter followers, but does his image fit with the culture BMac and Peter are setting? I can't think of too many other 'famous' Aussies who identify themselves publicly as a bulldog. But I'm open to names.

2) reward - Does the club start a rotation policy with the office. That is, they can set up a council who select the most dedicated long term member each year who have done the most for the club in the 12 months. Call it motivation, call it acknowledgment or reward, but a member who just does so much for the club in whatever sense and they get the office for a year. If it's this year, Scharlaine Cairns would be a worthy starter of the yearly rotation policy.

3) business - do we target a high profile businessman and use the office as a fund raising arm. If it's this way then links or membership to the club have to be sacrificed. Please don't shoot me, but I'd aim for Rupert Murdoch. The selling point is that he is a very successful Australian, this position can remind the public of that, and give him a common man trait. If you've read about him and prime ministers, he backs the winner every time - and we are in the cycle where us winning reflects on him. From there I'd target News Ltd for sponsorship. They can change the logo for whatever newspaper is relevant to the venue/state we are playing. - if it's going to be strictly business and money, start at the top and work down?

Ie, Wil Anderson, Scharlaine Cairns and Rupert Murdoch (type) say very different things about our club, they also represent different opportunities to get exposure and generate dollars.

P.s. ED, I'm sure you got Lonergan's details off a website, but that's one if the worst calls for anything I've heard for a while.

GVGjr
03-12-2013, 05:22 PM
I don't know what the right answer is but there are a number of people that have served the club well over the years like the coterie organisers and I would favour that style of appointment over sporting or political ones 'unless' there is a real benefit to the club to nominate a particular personality.

It doesn't have to be a well known person every time.

Daughter of the West
03-12-2013, 06:32 PM
I was going to suggest First Dog, but then wasn't sure it would get past the stupidity clause (he would probably disagrees! :D).

I like the David Smorgon idea but I guess it doesn't give us a new "angle", so to speak. It would, however, be fitting given his contribution to the club.

Do we have any members who have been a paid up member of the club for a ridiculously long time (40, 50 years)? Might not be a high profile thing to do, but it gives back to someone who has given of themselves to the club for a significant part their lives.

LostDoggy
03-12-2013, 07:22 PM
James Packer.. everything he touches turns to gold
Business and lovelife

SonofScray
03-12-2013, 07:37 PM
I think you go for someone with a public profile who will happily acknowledge the tag in their everyday pursuits. Will Anderson would be my choice. I'd love him to do a bit of media with us. Even MC.

LostDoggy
03-12-2013, 08:06 PM
Mark Casey - Lawn Bowls for Australia (avid Bulldog supporter)

Wil Anderson - Comedian (avid Bulldog supporter)

I would be happy for both or either of these gentlemen to be the number one ticket holder

Wil has my vote.

Smorgo a good option.

Same, I'm thinking seriously about this. I think the strategy (for lack of a better term) needs to be answered before I pick a name. Ie, what is the purpose or role of the position.

I see 3 different types of holders:

1) fame - they are famous enough to use the office to get more exposure and air time for membership - of the list above, Wil Anderson would be in with a shot as he has 100,000+ twitter followers, but does his image fit with the culture BMac and Peter are setting? I can't think of too many other 'famous' Aussies who identify themselves publicly as a bulldog. But I'm open to names.

2) reward - Does the club start a rotation policy with the office. That is, they can set up a council who select the most dedicated long term member each year who have done the most for the club in the 12 months. Call it motivation, call it acknowledgment or reward, but a member who just does so much for the club in whatever sense and they get the office for a year. If it's this year, Scharlaine Cairns would be a worthy starter of the yearly rotation policy.

3) business - do we target a high profile businessman and use the office as a fund raising arm. If it's this way then links or membership to the club have to be sacrificed. Please don't shoot me, but I'd aim for Rupert Murdoch. The selling point is that he is a very successful Australian, this position can remind the public of that, and give him a common man trait. If you've read about him and prime ministers, he backs the winner every time - and we are in the cycle where us winning reflects on him. From there I'd target News Ltd for sponsorship. They can change the logo for whatever newspaper is relevant to the venue/state we are playing. - if it's going to be strictly business and money, start at the top and work down?

Ie, Wil Anderson, Scharlaine Cairns and Rupert Murdoch (type) say very different things about our club, they also represent different opportunities to get exposure and generate dollars.

P.s. ED, I'm sure you got Lonergan's details off a website, but that's one if the worst calls for anything I've heard for a while.

If we made Rupert Murdoch a number one ticket holder, I'd barrack for the Eagles for the rest of my life.

I think you go for someone with a public profile who will happily acknowledge the tag in their everyday pursuits. Will Anderson would be my choice. I'd love him to do a bit of media with us. Even MC.

Yeah, would be fantastic.

The bulldog tragician
03-12-2013, 09:23 PM
Wil Anderson would be fine. But I think I have mentioned before, that the mother/ daughter that were featured in Year of the Dogs (Pat and Jenny) would send a great message of what our club is about. Loyalty.

Many no 1 ticket holders who are 'celebrities' are lucky to see a game or two each year. And i'd doubt that anyone ever decided to follow a club on that basis. I can barely name any club's no 1 ticket holders, even very successful clubs. (Costello for the Bombres?)

I don't think it makes much difference to our numbers or prestige, so why not give it to people real fans can relate to.

That said, Wil Anderson does promote us, has a genuine love of the club, and good reach among younger people, so he'd also work well.

SonofScray
03-12-2013, 09:37 PM
Felicity Kennet was Geelong's no.1 ticket holder for a while, it was almost a certain to be mentioned anytime she was in the media.

ReLoad
03-12-2013, 11:50 PM

For one i think our number one ticket holder should at least go to a game, or at least have seen a game in the last 15 years.

They should probably be Australian.

They need to represent our club and everything it stands for.

They need to have a positive public image as association affects the club.

They need to be less than 140 years old.

Rupert fails on all the above. (does he even barrack for us? god i hope not)

jeemak
04-12-2013, 12:58 AM
I consider Rupert Murdoch to be one of the most horrible and evil people on the planet, in a business sense. There's not many people that have done more for the dumbing down of western societies than he has. I really couldn't think of anyone less worthy to represent the West, and its football team.

I'd be happy with Gordon taking on the mantle. He deserves it more than anyone irrespective of whether he is the president of the club.

Eastdog
04-12-2013, 01:57 AM
Is it possible that we can have no number 1 ticket holder. I believe Collingwood does not have a number 1 ticket holder.

Remi Moses
04-12-2013, 02:47 AM

Interesting hearing Dan Praise Brendan McCartney, during one of their Grandstand Crosses to the Shield game. Said he's doing a good job!
Far cry from 12 months ago!

Remi Moses
04-12-2013, 02:49 AM
I consider Rupert Murdoch to be one of the most horrible and evil people on the planet, in a business sense. There's not many people that have done more for the dumbing down of western societies than he has. I really couldn't think of anyone less worthy to represent the West, and its football team.

I'd be happy with Gordon taking on the mantle. He deserves it more than anyone irrespective of whether he is the president of the club.

Yep. I'll barrack for Carlton if he came on board.

Eastdog
04-12-2013, 03:00 AM
Interesting hearing Dan Praise Brendan McCartney, during one of their Grandstand Crosses to the Shield game. Said he's doing a good job!
Far cry from 12 months ago!

Would you consider Dan an avid supporter of us Remi.

Eastdog
04-12-2013, 03:01 AM
Yep. I'll barrack for Carlton if he came on board.

Someone like Rupert Murdoch would fit in well on the Carlton board.

Ghost Dog
04-12-2013, 03:29 AM
Getting Rupert Murdoch would be like having Mr Burns from the Simpsons on your board. eww.

Remi Moses
04-12-2013, 05:09 AM
Would you consider Dan an avid supporter of us Remi.

He is, although I heard his kids follow someone else.
He is very pessimistic ( to put it mildly)on the Dogs.
Each to their own I guess

bulldogtragic
04-12-2013, 08:03 AM
Let me re-focus some conversation.

3) business - a person with sizeable wealth who may/will be able generate business support and more sponsorship for the club, not necessarily a billionaire, maybe a hundred millionaire like Brisbane have with Brad Sugars hanging around their club.

LostDoggy
04-12-2013, 08:04 AM
It didn't click for me that Chris Hemsworth might be a Bulldog supporter. Many moons ago i went to primary school with his cousins in a small rural backwater, and Rob was a big Bulldog fan.

There's more deserving for services rendered, but if the token appointment is purely for exposure and marketing i don't think you could get bigger than Chris Hemsworth at the moment.

LostDoggy
04-12-2013, 08:26 AM
It didn't click for me that Chris Hemsworth might be a Bulldog supporter. Many moons ago i went to primary school with his cousins in a small rural backwater, and Rob was a big Bulldog fan.

There's more deserving for services rendered, but if the token appointment is purely for exposure and marketing i don't think you could get bigger than Chris Hemsworth at the moment.

Who is Chris Hemsworth?

LostDoggy
04-12-2013, 08:28 AM
Thor / Avengers movies / Home and Away (i think)

SonofScray
04-12-2013, 09:15 AM
Who is Chris Hemsworth?

One of the biggest emerging Hollywood stars of the past few years. Ladies going weak at the knees for him. His brother was banging Miley Cyrus for a while.

Torpedo
04-12-2013, 09:25 AM
The Hemsworths were a local family back in the 60s/70s. The actors' dad attended Maribyrnong HS. Think the family had a small truck business IIRC.

Murphy'sLore
04-12-2013, 01:34 PM
John Roskam is a Bulldogs supporter? How is that even possible? Surely everything he believes in is diametrically opposed to everything the Bulldogs stand for (whatever nebulous values that might be…)

LostDoggy
04-12-2013, 02:58 PM
One of the biggest emerging Hollywood stars of the past few years. Ladies going weak at the knees for him. His brother was banging Miley Cyrus for a while.

Ewwww. I honestly don't see what the fuss about Miley Cyrus is.

I guess this is a sign I'm getting old eh?

SonofScray
04-12-2013, 06:58 PM
Ewwww. I honestly don't see what the fuss about Miley Cyrus is.

I guess this is a sign I'm getting old eh?

:D You must have an aversion to crabs. Which is fine. I'd hope that our no. 1 ticket holder was one of McCartney's "good people."

Eastdog
04-12-2013, 11:18 PM
Evan Thornley - Entrepreneur and former Australian Labor Party politician (Im aware he supports the Bulldogs but not sure how passionate he is).

Merv Hughes - Former Australian Cricketer

bulldogtragic
04-12-2013, 11:35 PM
Evan Thornley - Entrepreneur and former Australian Labor Party politician (Im aware he supports the Bulldogs but not sure how passionate he is).

Merv Hughes - Former Australian Cricketer
Thornley has some serious cash. Never heard him associated with us.

Greystache
04-12-2013, 11:37 PM
Clive Palmer is a Bulldog supporter originally from Williamstown. What could go wrong?!

bulldogtragic
04-12-2013, 11:43 PM
Clive Palmer is a Bulldog supporter originally from Williamstown. What could go wrong?!
Oh, Greystache, Greystache, Greystache... :)

Eastdog
04-12-2013, 11:54 PM
John Roskam is a Bulldogs supporter? How is that even possible? Surely everything he believes in is diametrically opposed to everything the Bulldogs stand for (whatever nebulous values that might be…)

Here is a mini bio of him from the Q&A website and it say his "a lifelong member of the Western Bulldogs Football Club":

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/qanda/txt/s2820332.htm

Eastdog
04-12-2013, 11:59 PM
Thornley has some serious cash. Never heard him associated with us.

Here are some details from a while back from when he was a politician and it states his interest was the Western Bulldogs Football Club.

http://www.parliament.curriculum.edu.au/parl.php3?ID=70&srch=&list_params=

Happy Days
05-12-2013, 12:40 AM
The #1 Ticketholder is a dumb vanity position given to the richest person with the highest profile, who takes time out of their "busy schedule" to do something so arduous as support a football club.

Let's maybe not bother?

Eastdog
05-12-2013, 12:50 AM
The #1 Ticketholder is a dumb vanity position given to the richest person with the highest profile, who takes time out of their "busy schedule" to do something so arduous as support a football club.

Let's maybe not bother?

Yeah I'm more with you Happy Days. I do not think its essential to have a number 1 ticket holder.

strebla
05-12-2013, 03:57 AM
For mine its Chris Hemsworth is a great choice.As Thor he attracts kids and female fans is a second generation Bulldog at least and we get one up on the Pies and the Blues!!!!.Just throwning this one out there Mrs Liberatore has been a regular at our games for many many years and would be a most worthy no 1 ticket holder also.

Murphy'sLore
05-12-2013, 10:32 AM
Here is a mini bio of him from the Q&A website and it say his "a lifelong member of the Western Bulldogs Football Club":

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/qanda/txt/s2820332.htm

Well, I guess I have to believe it. Still surprises me though.

I guess it gives him something to put on his CV to make him seem more human.

bornadog
05-12-2013, 10:51 AM
Well, I guess I have to believe it. Still surprises me though.

I guess it gives him something to put on his CV to make him seem more human.

He has been a Bulldog supporter for a long time.

Eastdog
05-12-2013, 02:51 PM
Garry Spencer - Liberal Party candidate at this year's election in the electorate of Isaacs (said in his bio that his been a keen supporter of us for over 30 years).

hotdog
05-12-2013, 03:00 PM
I remember reading this article from Will Anderson http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/508/willandersonsp6.jpg/ a few years back and thought at the time he is certainly no fair weather supporter. He is one of us, shares our pain...

bulldogtragic
05-12-2013, 03:17 PM
Garry Spencer - Liberal Party candidate at this year's election in the electorate of Isaacs (said in his bio that his been a keen supporter of us for over 30 years).
Are just throwing up random names ED, or are you seriously suggesting these people?

Eastdog
05-12-2013, 03:33 PM
Are just throwing up random names ED, or are you seriously suggesting these people?

I don't believe necessarily these people will become number 1 ticket holders for our club BT but yes according to their Bios they are supporters of our club so I'm not just pulling names out of a hat.

Mofra
05-12-2013, 05:12 PM
He's out-crazied Bob Katter already.

I say go for profile :)

bornadog
05-12-2013, 05:17 PM
I don't believe necessarily these people will become number 1 ticket holders for our club BT .

Then why nominate them?

How about a proper analysis from you on your first choice. :)

SlimPickens
05-12-2013, 05:20 PM
Then why nominate them?

Gotta have some idea who the people are first ;).

bornadog
05-12-2013, 05:27 PM
Gotta have some idea who the people are first ;).

ok, go to this (http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=6283&highlight=famous) thread that may help you

Eastdog
05-12-2013, 05:33 PM
Then why nominate them?

I stated in a previous post on this thread in that I was in agreeance with Happy Days that I do not believe its essential to have a number 1 ticket holder.

bulldogtragic
05-12-2013, 05:34 PM
Then why nominate them?

Got to agree, if we are going to nominate every bulldogs member, this thread will crash the system :)

bornadog
05-12-2013, 05:36 PM
Ok, My pick is Les Twentman

We are the community club and he works in the community helping so many under privileged and homeless people.

bornadog
05-12-2013, 05:37 PM
I stated in a previous post on this thread in that I was in agreeance with Happy Days that I do not believe its essential to have a number 1 ticket holder.

Then why nominate about 25 people??

LostDoggy
05-12-2013, 05:44 PM

There's a bloke down the end of my street. Say's he's supported the boys for almost 50 years, but Eastdog hasn't nominated him as yet.

Poor fella's not happy.

bulldogtragic
05-12-2013, 05:46 PM
Geez I'm confused...

But Les Twentyman is a good call BAD.

Eastdog
05-12-2013, 05:48 PM

I changed my mind.

bornadog
05-12-2013, 05:49 PM
Geez I'm confused...

But Les Twentyman is a good call BAD.

We use to have a number one male and number one female. Do they still do that?

Eastdog
05-12-2013, 05:51 PM

I don't believe they do anymore but it used to be correct me if I'm wrong Peter Gordon and Lynne Kosky for us.

bulldogtragic
05-12-2013, 05:53 PM
I like that set up. Maybe we did do that but Julia's profile was too big for the other to get noticed??

But I'd do the male and female.

What do you think ED?

Eastdog
05-12-2013, 05:55 PM
I like that set up. Maybe we did do that but Julia's profile was too big for the other to get noticed??

But I'd do the male and female.

What do you think ED?

My position BT was the same as HD in that I don't believe it's a essential to have one.

bulldogtragic
05-12-2013, 06:09 PM
My position BT was the same as HD in that I don't believe it's a essential to have one.
... Fair enough.

Mofra
06-12-2013, 10:26 AM

We are the community club and he works in the community helping so many under privileged and homeless people.
I think everyone would be happy with that pick.

Failing that, Merv Hughes would also be popular - and Clive Palmer is high profile if we really wanted to jump the shark and head straight into "batshit crazy" territory.

always right
06-12-2013, 10:41 AM
There's a bloke down the end of my street. Say's he's supported the boys for almost 50 years, but Eastdog hasn't nominated him as yet.

Poor fella's not happy.

I laughed:D

If passion is the main criteria.....I nominate Eastdog!

Eastdog
06-12-2013, 12:08 PM
I laughed:D

If passion is the main criteria.....I nominate Eastdog!

Nah I'm sure there are more people more passionate but in saying I am quite passionate :)

KT31
06-12-2013, 12:16 PM
What about the kid from Degrassi High, he lifted the clubs OS.:D

LostDoggy
06-12-2013, 02:21 PM
No politicians, I would cringe every time they showed Julia with a bulldogs scarf on.

westdog54
06-12-2013, 04:07 PM
Ok people, lets get back on track.

If you think someone would make a good #1 ticket holder, nominate them.

If you don't think we need a number 1 ticket holder, say so and leave it at that.

Throwing out the names of random bulldog supporters is dragging down the thread.

bulldogtragic
06-12-2013, 04:12 PM
Ok people, lets get back on track.

If you think someone would make a good #1 ticket holder, nominate them.

If you don't think we need a number 1 ticket holder, say so and leave it at that.

Throwing out the names of random bulldog supporters is dragging down the thread.
Nice reminder.

So far Wil Anderson and Les Twentyman seem to be getting traction. Scharlaine Cairns, Chris Hemsworth and Merv Hughes also mentioned.

If we are doing male and female, there must be other women who have not done it before.

Maddog37
06-12-2013, 04:14 PM
It is all about publicity isn't it? Hemsworth would be good on that basis.

always right
06-12-2013, 04:21 PM
Don't need one.

LostDoggy
06-12-2013, 04:22 PM

Completely agree. Fantastic man and lifelong Bulldogs supporter who would make the perfect number one ticket holder for the community club of the AFL.

LostDoggy
06-12-2013, 04:54 PM
Would be happy to see us pull a publicity stunt and sign up Cate Blanchett for Female and Chris Helmsworth for Male. Sign them both up on a 3 year marketing contract and get them to PR the hell out of the club. We need some sort of sexy linkage if we are going to bother. Might help attract a different demographic.

Otherwise just scrap it.

bornadog
06-12-2013, 05:23 PM
Would be happy to see us pull a publicity stunt and sign up Cate Blanchett for Female and Chris Helmsworth for Male. Sign them both up on a 3 year marketing contract and get them to PR the hell out of the club. We need some sort of sexy linkage if we are going to bother. Might help attract a different demographic.

Otherwise just scrap it.

if that is what you want then how about :

http://us1.webpublications.com.au/static/images/articles/i301/30136_5lo.jpg

Possibly our fairest supporter.

LostDoggy
06-12-2013, 05:29 PM
Ha. Yeah or that. All I know is that I know Eric Bana is a Saints supporter and I had no idea Helmsworth was "one of us" Opportunity missed or opportunity to gain? I'm also not sure the saints leverage warnie or Bana as effectively as perhaps they might.

bulldogtragic
06-12-2013, 05:50 PM
Ha. Yeah or that. All I know is that I know Eric Bana is a Saints supporter and I had no idea Helmsworth was "one of us" Opportunity missed or opportunity to gain? I'm also not sure the saints leverage warnie or Bana as effectively as perhaps they might.
Eric Bana wore a saints polo while watching a saints game and commentating on it with Adam Sandler in funny people. I'm certain Bana put it in as it had not much to do with the story line.

I really enjoy the movie too, despite that.

1eyedog
06-12-2013, 09:00 PM

Otherwise just scrap it.

Any spare funds should flow into the football department.

LostDoggy
06-12-2013, 10:53 PM
Any spare funds should flow into the football department.

It's not a gift. You'd do it to grow membership $ and only if you thought it might generate a return. I'd love more money in the footy department as well but sometimes the short term marketing investment will lead to a longer pay off. We need to try some stuff; pleased the club already is trying other new initiatives.

jeemak
06-12-2013, 11:26 PM
Eric Bana wore a saints polo while watching a saints game and commentating on it with Adam Sandler in funny people. I'm certain Bana put it in as it had not much to do with the story line.

I really enjoy the movie too, despite that.

Yeah, Funny People was alright.

I like Twentyman as a candidate. Though, I'd only support Twentyman if Twentyman liked Twentyman as a candidate.

I like Twentyman as a name.

LostDoggy
09-12-2013, 02:18 PM
Call it the number 20 ticketholder

Axe Man
19-12-2013, 04:49 PM
Alan Johnston has been named no. 1 ticket holder. Not a high profile appointment but well deserved by the sounds of things, congratulations Alan.

Johnston named no.1 ticket holder (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2013-12-19/johnston-named-no1-ticket-holder)

From fan to sponsor to board member, Alan Johnston has assumed many roles when supporting his beloved Club the Western Bulldogs and in 2014 he will take on another - as the official Number One Ticket Holder.

Johnston has been a loyal member and fan over many decades, with his involvement in an official capacity beginning as a sponsor in 1981, through his business Penfold Motors.

Club legend Charlie Sutton was first to extend his hand to Johnston in 1981 to join the Bulldogs board, which he graciously accepted, holding the position for a number of years.

Since then his involvement has been ongoing, joining the board for a second time in 1996 as part of a taskforce, alongside David Smorgon, Ray Baxter and Rick Kennedy.

Alan and his wife Joy continue to support the Club today through sponsorships in association with their business ventures and are also significant contributors to the Western Bulldogs Forever Foundation.

The love of the Bulldogs has been passed on to his children and grandchildren as Johnston continues to attend as many games as he can each season.

Bulldogs Chief Executive Simon Garlick said Johnston had an profound impact on the Club throughout his time and is a fitting appointing for the Number One Ticket Holder status.

“Alan is not the most high profile of our supporters but his contribution is incredible over decades for our football Club,” Garlick said.

“He has been in an official capacity a board member on two separate occasions but I think in between those times his contribution in official capacities can’t be underestimated.

“He is as supportive, as generous, as giving of his time to this football Club as anyone I’ve encountered.

“I think it is a really appropriate appointment, it’s a really exciting one to have someone of Alan’s status to lead us into 2014.”

bornadog
19-12-2013, 05:27 PM
Well deserved and congratulations to Alan.