PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Family Day

Eastdog
21-12-2013, 02:57 AM
http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/club/events/family-day

Everyone is invited to the 2014 Western Bulldogs Family Day!

Join the Western Bulldogs as we celebrate the start of Season 2014 with our fans and friends.

This year’s Family Day will include:

Player Training from 9.30am – 11am
Player Autograph Signings
Kids Activities
Variety of Food Vendors
Appearance by Woofer
See the players be presented with their 2014 jumpers
Musical Entertainment

When: Sunday, 9 February 2014, 9:30am – 2.30pm

Venue: Victoria University Whitten Oval, 417 Barkly Street, West Footscray

*Entry is by Gold Coin Donation

always right
21-12-2013, 10:21 AM
What date is the East West day?

LostDoggy
21-12-2013, 10:24 AM
What do you guys think about a WOOF get-together afterwards? Any takers?

GVGjr
21-12-2013, 10:27 AM

This won't answer your question but it's normally around Australia day weekend.
You could email the club east-west@westernbulldogs.com.au

Eastdog
21-12-2013, 09:30 PM

I emailed the East-West club so hopefully they'll get back to me soon on the details AR.

always right
22-12-2013, 12:02 AM
I emailed the East-West club so hopefully they'll get back to me soon on the details AR.

Eastdog
02-02-2014, 07:41 PM
Weather Forecast

Courtesy of BOM

Sunday 9 February
Summary Min 24 Max 36 Possible shower.
Melbourne area
Mostly sunny morning. The chance of showers later in the day. Winds northerly 25 to 35 km/h shifting southerly during the day.

ratsmac
02-02-2014, 11:05 PM
Weather Forecast

Courtesy of BOM

Sunday 9 February
Summary Min 24 Max 36 Possible shower.
Melbourne area
Mostly sunny morning. The chance of showers later in the day. Winds northerly 25 to 35 km/h shifting southerly during the day.

It's not a bulldog family day unless it's stinking hot!!

bornadog
03-02-2014, 03:32 PM
FAMILY DAY ACTIVITIES, ATTRACTIONS & COMPETITIONS

Mission Foods: The major partners of the Western Bulldogs will be giving away packets of corn-chips across the Victoria University Whitten Oval, while a limited number of Mission Foods Lunch Tubes will be given away at the Footscray End marquee.

Victoria University Marquee: Western Bulldogs players Mitch Wallis and Jason Tutt will be signing autographs at the VU marquee between 12:00pm and 1:00pm, while there will be VU inflatable hand giveaways, as well as free health checks and the Vertek machine to test your vertical leap .

White King Marquee: Official ball partner White King will be hosting a handball competition, with all entrants going into the draw to win a signed match ball. Players Shaun Higgins and Koby Stevens will be signing autographs here between 12:00pm and 1:00pm. White King staff will also be giving away discount vouchers for their product which can be redeemed at Sims Supermarket located up the road on Barkly Street , West Footscray.

Slater & Gordon Marquee: All Australian ruckman Will Minson will be signing autographs in the Slater & Gordon Marquee between 12:00pm and 1:00pm, where you can also enter the raffle throughout Family Day to win a signed 2014 Western Bulldogs Guernsey, and grab giveaways including stress balls and balloons.

Samuel Smith & Sons: The official wine partner of the Western Bulldogs will be holding a free wine tasting on the level one terrace of the main building overlooking Victoria University Whitten Oval, including famed Australian label Yalumba.

Family Day Major Raffle: Enter the draw at various locations around the Victoria Univeristy Whitten Oval on Family Day for your chance to win one of the following great Bulldogs prizes.

1st Prize - Western Bulldogs Round 2 match day experience for two, valued at over $600.

2nd Prize - Two tickets to the 2014 Season launch, Wednesday 12th March at Crown Palladium.

3rd Prize - $50 merchandise voucher

Rewards Program Treasure Hunt: Receive your playing card at the entry point and then visit locations around the ground to receive unique codes for your chance to earn up to 500 bonus points! If you haven’t already signed up to our rewards program, sign up here at http://rewards.westernbulldogs.com.au/

Footscray End Marquee: Featuring plenty of activities for kids and families, the Footscray End will have a balloon artist, face painting, a colouring-in station and plenty of fun competitions! Pop in and say hello to Woofer who will also be making his way around the ground!

Cheer Squad Marquee: Visit the Cheer squad to have your photo taken with our player cut outs and try out the official Western Bulldogs Cheer Squad flags and floggers. Also start thinking of your best banner slogan and submit your entry to win! Cheer Squad ambassador Jordan Roughead will be signing autographs between 12:00pm and 1:00pm in the Cheer Squad marquee.

Bulldogs Shop Merchandise Marquee: Get all your Western Bulldogs Merchandise at Family Day! Exclusive new Youth Retro Range available in store and in the merchandise trailer. Huge Merchandise SALE in the marquee. All stock heavily reduced.

AndrewP6
03-02-2014, 07:52 PM
We've got an official wine partner! Might come in handy.

Remi Moses
03-02-2014, 08:08 PM
Mission corn chips
I'm there

Eastdog
03-02-2014, 10:07 PM
Mission corn chips
I'm there

Misson have been great with us and its important we maintain our sponsorship deal with them. There main headquarters are based out in Epping.

Remi Moses
09-02-2014, 01:57 AM
Hope they baton down the hatches after hearing that forecast.

Twodogs
09-02-2014, 02:45 AM
Mission corn chips
I'm there

I want a lunch tube. I'm really keen to find out what's in them.

Eastdog
09-02-2014, 12:05 PM
I'm not at the Family Day but how is the turnout. Must be stinking hot out there atm. What's been going on there so far. I believe the player training session has just finished according to the website. Any one catch your eye in the training session for any woofers there.

Remi Moses
09-02-2014, 02:19 PM
I've come home, although I enjoy hot weather that was unbareable.
I thought with the heat they might have shortened the day. Let's be honest everyone wants to hear from the coach the prez and see the players get their numbers.
Unfortunately a lady was struck by a pole in one of the marquees, there was blood and she was in shock.
Couldn't understand why they didn't have an ice-cream van, and would of thought a killing could have been made.

bulldogtragic
09-02-2014, 02:37 PM
Have a water Remi.

Weather aside, it doesn't sound like the organisers of today or the east-west day have earned their salary.

LostDoggy
09-02-2014, 02:46 PM
I volunteered today. Really fun day except the marquees threatened to turn into hardwood spears and flying plastic mats. Didn't really think it was that bad heatwise although the players would have suffered. Just watching the clinic they put on.

Hunter is going to be ridiculous
Darley is so much bigger in person and he's very quick. Looks the goods and I don't quite get why we only had to pay the packet of chips to get him. Hope GWS list is not so good they remain comfortable with the trade. Think he'll get some games for us.
Dahlhaus just keeps on giving. He looks as good or better that his great run last year. Gun. Deserves the accolades its not just the hair

They were the eye catchers for me.

Club was really good with the volunteers. Fist time I've done that but would do it again. They involved us, they appreciated us and they thanked us. Doesn't always happen in professional sport and it ticked another box for me about how strong our culture has become.

Remi Moses
09-02-2014, 02:48 PM
The city west water was Beeing utilised.
Very wise concept, but with a couple of kids in tow would have been nice to get a refreshment of some sort.

Remi Moses
09-02-2014, 02:52 PM
I volunteered today. Really fun day except the marquees threatened to turn into hardwood spears and flying plastic mats. Didn't really think it was that bad heateise although the players would have suffered. Just watching the clinic they put on.

Hunter is going to be ridiculous
Darley is so much bigger in person and he's very quick. Looks the goods and I don't quite get why we only had to pay the packet of chips to get him. Hope GWS list is not so goo they remain comfortable with the trade. Think he'll get some games for us.
Dahlhaus just keeps on giving. He looks as good or better that his great run last year. Gun. Deserves the accolades its not just the hair

They were the eye catchers for me.

Club was really good with the volunteers. Fist time I've done that but would do it again. They involved us, they appreciated us and they thanked us. Doesn't always happen in professional sport and it ticked another box for me about how strong our culture has become.
Difficult day for everyone, and the volunteers are much appreciated

bulldogtragic
09-02-2014, 03:02 PM
Salt of the earth stuff! Our club needs every little bit of anything and everything from our small base, stoked to hear you did your bit and that the club did it back !

josie
09-02-2014, 05:36 PM
Salt of the earth staff! Our club needs every little bit of anything and everything from our small base, stoked to hear you did your bit and that the club did it back !

Had some experience as SuperDog. Club treated volunteers very well. Reasonable turnout of members considering tough weather conditions. All the players looked very buffed and nice to see Markovic & Lower as co-captains of VLF club interviewed.

Example of how family orientated the club are, Murphy was not in attendance due to elbow injury & not being able to sign autographs. HR person I sat beside in info tent took details of young supporter who was disappointed he did not see Murphy, to arrange for some kind of contact or card or suchlike to be sent from Murph to little tacker. Lovely gesture.

Go Dogs !!