PDA

View Full Version : Foxtel

GVGjr
01-01-2014, 03:48 PM
Bulldogs vs Carlton on Fox footy at the moment. Might just have to watch it ;)

mjp
01-01-2014, 04:54 PM
I watched our game vs Saints last week....Vanessa just shook her head kind of sadly.

dadsgirl16
02-01-2014, 09:07 AM
I recorded it and watched last night....got excited all over again!!

Sedat
02-01-2014, 09:42 AM
I can't bring myself to watch footy in the middle of summer. My mindset is cricket, a-league and epl. For me, watching or even thinking about footy after the drafts and before the nab cup is completely unnatural and foreign.

bornadog
02-01-2014, 11:08 AM
I can't bring myself to watch footy in the middle of summer. My mindset is cricket, a-league and epl. For me, watching or even thinking about footy after the drafts and before the nab cup is completely unnatural and foreign.

Ditto for me.

Greystache
02-01-2014, 02:15 PM
I IQ'd quite a few games during the season. I've rewatched St Kilda, Carlton, Adelaide, WCE, and the second Melbourne game this summer.

GVGjr
02-01-2014, 08:49 PM

I'm the opposite, I can't wait to get down to some pre-season training sessions and have a look at the new players and the physical development of some of the younger guys.

The cricket will spark up again for me once we go the South Africa. The A league doesn't do much for me.

Getting a chance to watch us beat Adelaide as I did today keeps me excited about the season ahead.

Bulldog4life
03-01-2014, 11:31 AM
I'm the opposite, I can't wait to get down to some pre-season training sessions and have a look at the new players and the physical development of some of the younger guys.

The cricket will spark up again for me once we go the South Africa. The A league doesn't do much for me.

Getting a chance to watch us beat Adelaide as I did today keeps me excited about the season ahead.

Agree. I watch most of the games we won on Foxtel over the summer. I need that footy fix and it makes me keener for the season ahead.

LostDoggy
03-01-2014, 11:52 AM
Agree. I watch most of the games we won on Foxtel over the summer. I need that footy fix and it makes me keener for the season ahead.

Sometimes I watch the games we lost, especially if by a sizable margin to a team I detest. Sharpens the hatred. :D

BornInDroopSt'54
03-01-2014, 12:59 PM
Yes. It and we are seasonal and as such need the change to spring anew I reckon. The off season, I still yearn for the footy season, especially atm, but there is a broader life. I'm thinking about cycling around the world. I'd have to sell everything...

LostDoggy
06-01-2014, 10:01 PM
I've downloaded all our 2013 victories and flick through them now and then.

(also downloaded our loss to Melbourne, just to watch the last quarter)

jeemak
06-01-2014, 11:35 PM

I can't help but think your vehement attitude towards seasonal sport may have been enhanced by our exceptional Ashes performance this summer!

It's certainly made me more enthusiastic about watching cricket over footy, that's for sure.

The A-League doesn't do it for me. I despise the Victory, mainly because Kevin Muscat is a thug of the highest order and he's so firmly entrenched in their culture. Plus, Heart and the A-League in general are barely watchable to me.

So we come back to me not having Foxtel, and limited ability to view EPL and other northern hemisphere sports which makes any Bulldogs news very much a priority.

Remi Moses
07-01-2014, 12:47 AM
I can't help but think your vehement attitude towards seasonal sport may have been enhanced by our exceptional Ashes performance this summer!

It's certainly made me more enthusiastic about watching cricket over footy, that's for sure.

The A-League doesn't do it for me. I despise the Victory, mainly because Kevin Muscat is a thug of the highest order and he's so firmly entrenched in their culture. Plus, Heart and the A-League in general are barely watchable to me.

So we come back to me not having Foxtel, and limited ability to view EPL and other northern hemisphere sports which makes any Bulldogs news very much a priority.

I respect your opinion Jeemak most times, but that stuff with Victory and Muscat is way off mate. Yes Muscat like out much loved Libba has done things on the field he'd regret, but the whole associating Muscat with their culture is plain wrong.

Remi Moses
07-01-2014, 12:48 AM
Sorry to go off topic.
Why can't Fox footy give us a pre-season update or just anything other than repeating each game ad-nauseum.

The Bulldogs Bite
07-01-2014, 01:45 AM
Sorry to go off topic.
Why can't Fox footy give us a pre-season update or just anything other than repeating each game ad-nauseum.

It became irritating fast.

They could have at least showed games from yesteryear, instead of 2013 over and over and over again.

jeemak
07-01-2014, 10:17 AM
Sorry to go off topic.

Cost.

jeemak
07-01-2014, 10:20 AM
I respect your opinion Jeemak most times, but that stuff with Victory and Muscat is way off mate. Yes Muscat like out much loved Libba has done things on the field he'd regret, but the whole associating Muscat with their culture is plain wrong.

Fair enough Remi. Apologies if you've taken offence.

Sedat
07-01-2014, 05:56 PM

Always been obsessed about cricket Jeemak, even when we were rubbish in the mid 80's. I swear there were some summers in high school that I didn't miss a ball bowled in every single test and ODI. I've always switched off from the footy once the season is over - trade week and the drafts have extended my interest in footy in the last 10 years or so through Oct/Nov, but I just can't get interested in Dec/Jan/early Feb until NAB Cup rolls around.

I actually think the a-league is a far better quality product than what is given credit for. Brisbane's performance against the Victory on the weekend was as high a quality of domestic soccer ever seen in this country, and would not look out of place in many of the smaller European top flight leagues.

bornadog
07-01-2014, 06:30 PM
I just can't get interested in Dec/Jan/early Feb until NAB Cup rolls around.

I am not even that interested in the NAB Cup. I will of course watch us play (on Foxtel), but I think I have only been to one match in about 2003/4 when Carlton beat us at Eithad. I got put off when Carlton supporters were hi fiving each other when they kicked goals, as if the game meant something. I have also been to a few practise matches at WO and Princes Park over the years, more out of interest to see some young players. I didn't even make the GF of the NAB cup because I was away.

Like you love the test cricket, but don't watch too many ODI anymore. Attended many during the 1980's, especially to watch the Windies.

jeemak
07-01-2014, 07:07 PM
Always been obsessed about cricket Jeemak, even when we were rubbish in the mid 80's. I swear there were some summers in high school that I didn't miss a ball bowled in every single test and ODI. I've always switched off from the footy once the season is over - trade week and the drafts have extended my interest in footy in the last 10 years or so through Oct/Nov, but I just can't get interested in Dec/Jan/early Feb until NAB Cup rolls around.

I actually think the a-league is a far better quality product than what is given credit for. Brisbane's performance against the Victory on the weekend was as high a quality of domestic soccer ever seen in this country, and would not look out of place in many of the smaller European top flight leagues.

Don't doubt the A-League is likely to have improved over the years - mates of mine have said the same thing. I suppose I use the summer for getting out and about, and can't think about more than test cricket (and the odd one-dayer/hit and giggle) from a sports watching perspective.