PDA

View Full Version : Rate a team in 2014: Adelaide

Dry Rot
10-01-2014, 01:28 AM
The second of three of what I'd call the 2013 disappointment sides.

Played some really good footy in 2012 to make a prelim, but never looked likely in 2013.

Take Walker and Tippett out of any side and they'd struggle, but I couldn't help thinking they may have over achieved in 2012.

They get Walker back sometime in 2014, and an ageing Pods and the over rated Betts to bolster that forward line.

But were they over achievers a season ago? I see a 10-13th finish for them in 2014.

The Bulldogs Bite
10-01-2014, 02:25 AM
They have some quality, but the loss of Tippet, Vince and early draft picks is very costly both in the now and the future.

Competitive, chance to make the 8, but they won't challenge anytime soon because of the tampering and subsequent losses.

Go_Dogs
11-01-2014, 10:17 AM
I think they're in for a tough year, but may surprise and bounce back.

I'm not a huge fan of their list, although they have some good players in key areas. Dangerfield, Sloane and Crouch form a good midfield combination. Talia and Walker are good key position players. Brodie Smith has a bright future.

Think they'll finish in the 10-14 range.

Remi Moses
11-01-2014, 07:13 PM
The loss of Tippett and Tex hurt horribly last year.
Massively reliant on jenkins( not sold on him) and Tex returning.
Can make the eight and in the vicinity of West Coast.
Jacobs needs to return to form

Happy Days
11-01-2014, 09:39 PM
I think they're in for a tough year, but may surprise and bounce back.

I'm not a huge fan of their list, although they have some good players in key areas. Dangerfield, Sloane and Crouch form a good midfield combination. Talia and Walker are good key position players. Brodie Smith has a bright future.

Think they'll finish in the 10-14 range.

I disagree with you, but for the reasons you listed.

They don't have the depth of talent to really challenge, but DANGERFIELD. TOP 4.