PDA

View Full Version : Grant sidelined

Axe Man
21-01-2014, 05:39 PM
Grant sidelined (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2014-01-21/grant-sidelined)

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/Media/Images/296682-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

Forward Jarrad Grant will miss the start of the 2014 AFL Premiership Season after sustaining a foot fracture at training on Friday.

Medical Services Manager Andrew McKenzie said scans revealed a fracture to Grant’s foot, which required surgery to stabilise the area.

“Jarrad got landed on in a tackle on Friday, and subsequently sustained a fracture to his left foot, which scans later confirmed,” McKenzie said.

“Jarrad underwent surgery yesterday and is expected to remain in a boot for the next six weeks.

“He will have a review with the surgeon to determine when he will return to play after that time.”

General Manager of Football Graham Lowe said Grant was positive despite the injury and has turned his attention to a swift recovery.

“Jarrad is in relatively good spirits, and is now looking forward to diligently rehabilitating his injury,” Lowe said.

“It’s an unfortunate occurrence, but we’re confident Jarrad will bounce back from this set-back.”

Grant has played 58 games for the Bulldogs since being drafted in 2007.

It's a shame this has happened after it seemed to click for Jarrad at the end of last season. Hopefully he can comeback in the same sort of form. At least it wasn't Williams or Higgins foot for a change I guess!

chef
21-01-2014, 06:30 PM
Damn, suppose better now than in the middle on the season.

GVGjr
21-01-2014, 06:41 PM
It's not great news . Lets hope for a speedy recovery

bulldogtragic
21-01-2014, 07:01 PM
I'd like to see Jarrad spend his time in the gym, and every second outside of that with Macca. Great silver lining to have him spend 100 hours learning, understanding and emersing himself in what is being taught and why, and how, should be a valuable learning experience for any player.

ratsmac
21-01-2014, 07:12 PM
That's too bad, he finished last season pretty good. I agree BT, send him straight to the gym while his foot heals.

Happy Days
21-01-2014, 08:31 PM
F***

The mid size illuminati falls at the first hurdle. Without Grant to play straight man Stringer's arrogance and Richard Sherman-esque post game interviews will come off far too dickish.

Get well soon Jarrad.

Remi Moses
22-01-2014, 12:51 AM
Crap news . The only positive is he won't miss much footy.

Mantis
22-01-2014, 11:37 AM
Crappy news.. Is one player who needs to hit the ground running in 2014.

Hopefully he has a seemless recovery and is back before we know it.

neddie
22-01-2014, 03:39 PM
Great pity, at the end ,of last season he showed us he has talent , with a full recovery hopefully he will still have it.

Eastdog
24-01-2014, 01:42 AM
Great pity, at the end ,of last season he showed us he has talent , with a full recovery hopefully he will still have it.

He was very effective in the forward line for us when he came in last year. It's a setback for him and us. He must be frustrated. Hoping for a good recovery and before you know it he'll be back.

LostDoggy
25-01-2014, 11:44 AM
This is not good news! Having just moved and finally getting settled in northern NSW I realize just how much I'm going to need Woof - no afl news up here, save a little on the Swans and GWS! In the words of someone famous........I'm back!!!!

ledge
25-01-2014, 01:03 PM
They reported on the news yesterday out for 3 months

BornInDroopSt'54
25-01-2014, 05:51 PM
They reported on the news yesterday out for 3 months

Seriously bad news. I'm no expert but that would seem to mean he might as well have not done a preseason and that the whole season is close to a write off. So bad considering that he had come back from the dead to show his special talents and that he could perform at the highest level.
Harden your steel on the anvil of life Jarrad and come back forged like the sword of Cuchulainn.

1eyedog
31-01-2014, 07:27 PM
^^^ He's probably done a good chuck of running you'd imagine?