PDA

View Full Version : AFL coaches: who is under most pressure?

bornadog
22-01-2014, 04:05 PM
The Age have published their list here (http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-coaches-who-is-under-most-pressure-20140122-317vd.html).

This is what they said about Macca:

Contracted to end of 2016
State of Play: Endured a difficult initiation in his first season as the Dogs lost their last 11 games of 2012 and faded out badly in the second half of matches. However the faith he showed in teaching the young players a contested brand of football was rewarded at the end of 2013 when the Dogs finished off the season well to notch eight wins for the year - three more than 2012. Seeing signs of the team they could become under McCartney, the Dogs opted to extend his contract by two years.

What coaches do you think are under the pump for 2014?

I think the one that must deliver is Brad Scott.

Ghost Dog
22-01-2014, 04:13 PM
The Age have published their list here (http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-coaches-who-is-under-most-pressure-20140122-317vd.html).

This is what they said about Macca:

What coaches do you think are under the pump for 2014?

I think the one that must deliver is Brad Scott.

Agree, but Mick would want his lot to fire this season. They were just lucky to make finals and papered over their mediocre season.

bulldogtragic
22-01-2014, 04:38 PM
Isn't Scott contracted for another 32 years though?

Twodogs
22-01-2014, 08:47 PM

Yep. North are thinking of extending him to 'coach for the rest of his natural life' though.

bulldogtragic
22-01-2014, 10:40 PM
Yep. North are thinking of extending him to 'coach for the rest of his natural life' though.
Well they should since his already been inducted into the North hall of fame and engraved his name as Coach on the next team of the century...

I don't get what type of 'culture' Brayshaw is trying to impose on the club with some of his decisions, especially in renewing Scott for so long and then defending him every time he cracks the sads beyond all reasonableness in the north colours as the face of their brand. I'd rather a few years of 'cracking in' jokes than cracking the sads moments week in and out.

Rant over...

Remi Moses
23-01-2014, 12:56 AM

Yes, and if Norf fall it will be the fault of the umpires, the roof being open and various other vagaries. He needs to deliver, as does Hardwick.
Malthouse will be under pressure( bringing in his Collingwood crowd).