PDA

View Full Version : Is there a dynasty in this list?

bulldogtragic
27-01-2014, 01:31 PM
I've been looking at the age profile of our list.

Two Questions:

Is there a premiership building in this list?

If so, in your assessment of the age profile, is there a Geelong/Hawthorn/Sydney type dynasty in the list?

always right
27-01-2014, 04:17 PM
F*** me. One NAP Cup since 1954 and you want to talk about a potential dynasty? Let's take this one premiership at a time. One would be enough to put me in a permanent state of euphoria.

Twodogs
27-01-2014, 04:51 PM
I want several. I want to own an era so that when people look back they'll say "that was when the bulldogs we're dominant"

but one would be nice.

bulldogtragic
27-01-2014, 05:13 PM
F*** me. One NAP Cup since 1954 and you want to talk about a potential dynasty? Let's take this one premiership at a time. One would be enough to put me in a permanent state of euphoria.
Yeah, Nah, perhaps I wasn't clear. My English is, how do you say, inelegant.

What I was focusing on was the age profile of the list. Let's pretend in 2009 we got the big dance, and if you want to torcher yourself we won. The age profile was such that we would not have been able to domino that performance for the next few years. Such was the age profile of the list.

See Brisbane, WCE, Sydney, Geelong, Hawthorn, their age profiles were such that they have contested 14 positions in Grand Finals over the past decade.

So my question goes to, Stringer, Macrae, Jones, Libba, Hrovat, Wallis, Marcus, Smith, Talia, Hunter etc, etc, - if there is a premiership or GF in the list with some new add ins in the next couple of years, is there the potential for this to a longer period up at the pointy end then say a couple of years.

My question was deliberately in two parts. One, is their success with this list. Two, if so, than I think we might be able to have many years up their like young teams were like Geelong and Hawthorn specifically.

This is a question if rationality, consequence and considered thought. The term dynasty does imply that we succeed at the GF more than once, that I do accept, but I am concerned with others thoughts as to the likely success of the list, and then the question as to the age profile suggesting we may have longer at the top, ie 92 (1), 97 and 98 (2), 2008-10 (3). It would seem we are younger than past groups bouncing back from our low water marks. Even if it takes 4 years, our profile is around 23-29 years old. Free Agency top up of players wanting a flag, and a good period at the top seems logically upon acceptance of success with the list within a few years. Just testing my thinking on the WOOF masses.

I don't tend to get overexcited unless it's about Jarrad Grant. And for your information, screaming as a grown man at Barry Hall as he monstered Dawson and took the medal was rather enjoyable. :)

GVGjr
27-01-2014, 05:59 PM
I've been ever so slightly encouraged by the way we have been developing the list since just before Macca's arrival at the club. We have done this through solid drafting, good trading and with the money that has been invested in the football department I believe our player development will take a huge leap forward.

From a playing list point of view, we need to find a key defender and a key forward.

A dynasty is a long way off but I'm really looking forward to this season. Lets hope it's start to some sustained success.

Dazza
28-01-2014, 01:21 PM
We still have a fair few gaps to fill with quality players.

KPF, KPD, HBF and probably the ruck.

bornadog
28-01-2014, 02:25 PM
We can build a dynasty if the guys all under 22 years old stick with the club and are successful together. From Roughead's year down to the latest recruits, they can form the basis of a dynasty. Its early days to see if they are good enough, but many have shown they can play.