PDA

View Full Version : What Happens If ...

Scraggers
28-01-2014, 12:05 PM
This could also be titled "Plan B"

I like the way the current list is building, and believe that our current structure will have us playing finals footy in 2015.

But, what happens if ... Big Will Minson goes down with a knee, or Griff does a groin. What is our Plan B?

Big Tom Campbell or Ayce Cordy, are they good enough to ruck? Do we go for a smaller option in Roughead? Can Griff be replaced in the centre? Are our emerging youngens ready for that next step?

Do we have a Plan B?

bulldogtragic
28-01-2014, 12:32 PM
This could also be titled "Plan B"

I like the way the current list is building, and believe that our current structure will have us playing finals footy in 2015.

But, what happens if ... Big Will Minson goes down with a knee, or Griff does a groin. What is our Plan B?

Big Tom Campbell or Ayce Cordy, are they good enough to ruck? Do we go for a smaller option in Roughead? Can Griff be replaced in the centre? Are our emerging youngens ready for that next step?

Do we have a Plan B?
Minson: Roughead was a great ruckman in the juniors, I don't know how he's fairing now, but I'd put him into the ruck with Campbell to assist. Depending on how Jones is playing, I'd move him down back and move Talia and Dale around. This is assuming Tom contracts some air borne disease not known to the western world and is out for the year. If not, I'd move tom around as required.

Griffen: I'd put it on Cooney (if fully fit) to stand up and give him more time in the centre than last year. Libba is in the guts, Wally seems to be good at the tagging role. Boyd would take it upon himself to stand up, Smith is coming back, Macrae is in for a good year in hoping, Hrovat and Hunter can rotate around the centre and forward flanks, of which both are very footy smart, Dahl could be thrown some responsibility and if Macca is true to form Stringer and Crameri can lend the bigger bodies when Macca wants to push the button on them during the games.

For me, we have good midfield depth, but they really need another two years to be more dominant than they will be this year. I would hate to lose Griff, but we could wallpaper over the crack.

You are dead right on Minson though. I would have liked to go after a ruckman as (like Tommy) if you are banking on Ayce to ruck to a high standard you might be losing your money. Let's just pray he stays fit!!

bulldogtragic
11-06-2017, 10:00 PM
Minson: Roughead was a great ruckman in the juniors, I don't know how he's fairing now, but I'd put him into the ruck with Campbell to assist.

....Depending on how Jones is playing, I'd move him down back.....

and move Talia and Dale around. This is assuming Tom contracts some air borne disease not known to the western world and is out for the year. If not, I'd move tom around as required.

Griffen: I'd put it on Cooney (if fully fit) to stand up and give him more time in the centre than last year. Libba is in the guts, Wally seems to be good at the tagging role. Boyd would take it upon himself to stand up, Smith is coming back, Macrae is in for a good year in hoping, Hrovat and Hunter can rotate around the centre and forward flanks, of which both are very footy smart, Dahl could be thrown some responsibility and if Macca is true to form Stringer and Crameri can lend the bigger bodies when Macca wants to push the button on them during the games.

For me, we have good midfield depth, but they really need another two years to be more dominant than they will be this year. I would hate to lose Griff, but we could wallpaper over the crack.

You are dead right on Minson though. I would have liked to go after a ruckman as (like Tommy) if you are banking on Ayce to ruck to a high standard you might be losing your money. Let's just pray he stays fit!!

Nailed it 3.5 years ago. The All Australian Full Back, Liam Jones. :D

bornadog
11-06-2017, 11:56 PM
Nailed it 3.5 years ago. The All Australian Full Back, Liam Jones. :D

What about trying Redpath down back???

bulldogtragic
12-06-2017, 12:02 AM

That was in my 2015 file. But I'm not sure on that anymore.

GVGjr
12-06-2017, 12:10 AM

We've tried him there before for Footscray. From memory it wasn't great.

bornadog
12-06-2017, 12:12 AM
We've tried him there before for Footscray. From memory it wasn't great.

He is more mature now, but yeah, not sure how he would go.

boydogs
13-06-2017, 12:16 AM
Jones was on the improve as a forward when he left, he was part of the group that asked for a trade at the end of 2014

We didn't give up on him, he left us

Topdog
13-06-2017, 01:30 PM
Redpath is not athletic enough to go down back.

KT31
14-06-2017, 11:03 PM

To slow and turning circle of the Queen Mary.