PDA

View Full Version : Monty named Senior Assistant

LostDoggy
30-01-2014, 12:17 PM
Moving into the role after handling strategy and opposition analysis last season.

bornadog
30-01-2014, 04:33 PM
Don't know what I can say about this :confused:

azabob
30-01-2014, 05:50 PM

Why are you confused?

Montgomery is obviously (to those inside the club, not to some on this forum) doing a very good job and the club has promoted him accordingly.

Bulldog Revolution
30-01-2014, 06:30 PM

Its in Montys nature to be forthright - he was tough on Brian Lake in Eades final year, and you'd hope he would have learnt from that experience

Is there something else you've seen that suggests he's not a good coach?

The Doctor
30-01-2014, 11:27 PM
excellent news

Go_Dogs
30-01-2014, 11:41 PM
excellent news

I agree, seems like a logical appointment and Monty must be great at following instruction and helping to convey the message.

LostDoggy
31-01-2014, 10:39 AM
There will always be many different opinions about individuals but I'd like to think that the club is best positioned to make decisions on who is performing and should be subsequently promoted accordingly.

I've met Monty once up here in Darwin and he was a great guy to have a chat with so communication seems to be one of his attributes.

lemmon
31-01-2014, 02:42 PM
I'm fine with it, we all talk about wanting to bring in outside backroom talent but it is the sign of a healthy organisation that promotes from within. With the likes of Lowe, Graham and now Monty taking on more responsibility it's a sign we have some very talented people already within the organisation