PDA

View Full Version : Campbell recommitted

ledge
07-02-2014, 05:02 PM
Until the end of 2016 and wanted to sign earlier is excited about where the club is.

bulldogtragic
07-02-2014, 05:41 PM
Harsh. Cordy got 3, and he only gets 2. Good news though.

Pickenitup
07-02-2014, 06:05 PM
Great News I Expect Big Things From The Big Fella This year!

azabob
07-02-2014, 07:25 PM
He is there for another three full years, what's the difference?

azabob
07-02-2014, 07:26 PM
Great news - he has a lot of upside.

Jason McCartney is doing a wonderful job signing up our young talent. Kudos to JMAC and all those who employed him.

bornadog
07-02-2014, 07:27 PM

Jason McCartney is doing a wonderful job signing up our young talent. Kudos to JMAC and all those who employed him.

Ditto on Jmac.

josie
07-02-2014, 09:21 PM

Hear, hear Azabob

And he is only 22. He looks dangerous up forward and has courage. I thought his first game of 2013 (against Tigers I recall) was so appalling that he'd never play seniors again. Great to see the bloke be given another chance and turn things around. I'm hoping he's presence spurs Cordy to better things too. Also note from photo on Dog's website he is vying for "the bearded one" status. Long live the beard !!!

Greystache
07-02-2014, 10:21 PM
Pleased with this news. I've watched Campbell closely over his 2 years at the club and he continues to get better and better. His athleticism was his biggest weakness and it is improving at a fantastic rate. With the way he's developing his forward craft he may become too valuable to become a first ruck long term.

GVGjr
07-02-2014, 10:36 PM
His overall fitness seems to be the biggest issue for me and hopefully this preseason he has taken a step forward in that area. Good to have him re-signed.

The Bulldogs Bite
07-02-2014, 10:38 PM
His athleticism was his biggest weakness and it is improving at a fantastic rate. With the way he's developing his forward craft he may become too valuable to become a first ruck long term.

It's quite remarkable isn't it? He was very much a big, lumbering guy who took the odd pluck when he first came to the club. His mobility has improved and he's got stronger - it's the reason he's become a real threat up forward. As you say Grey, if he keeps developing, he may become too valuable to play as a first ruck. That'd be a great problem to have!

Happy Days
08-02-2014, 02:11 AM
After his game against Richmond I would have SPEWED UP at this decision.

Kudos to the club for developing his all round football playing ability so obviously in such a short time. Very exciting prospect.

Greystache
08-02-2014, 02:44 AM
It's quite remarkable isn't it? He was very much a big, lumbering guy who took the odd pluck when he first came to the club. His mobility has improved and he's got stronger - it's the reason he's become a real threat up forward. As you say Grey, if he keeps developing, he may become too valuable to play as a first ruck. That'd be a great problem to have!

I guess it depends on what you value more, but it seems we have the same view point. I think it's harder to find a key forward who can do a quality stint in the ruck than it is to find a full time ruckman. I've never doubted Campbell's ability, I'm just now starting to question his most optimum position.

Remi Moses
08-02-2014, 09:47 PM
Tremendous upside big Tom

ratsmac
09-02-2014, 12:35 AM
As others have mentioned, the Richmond game was a big disappointment. Well done to Tom and the club for turning things around so quickly. My old man says they should put number 24 on his back!

BornInDroopSt'54
09-02-2014, 12:20 PM
As others have mentioned, the Richmond game was a big disappointment. Well done to Tom and the club for turning things around so quickly. My old man says they should put number 24 on his back!
:)
Reincarnations can't happen if the first person is not dead but they have more than big, hollow, square jaws in common.

KT31
09-02-2014, 01:34 PM
Well done to the big Fella, after his effort and improvement last season it is well deserved.
Hopefully he will continue to improve and become must pick for selection.

Ghost Dog
09-02-2014, 01:49 PM
Sure beats carting furniture doesn't it big fella! Love the beard. Reminds me of that other giant we used to have...

Mofra
10-02-2014, 10:49 AM
He's propbably 3 years off being fully developed as a footballer - good signs, seems very coachable