PDA

View Full Version : McCartneyisms we love

Ghost Dog
15-02-2014, 08:04 PM
So, we love the coach, and like Rocket ( and most brilliant coaches for that matter) he's a bit on the eccentric side. What are your favorite McCartneyisms?

For me, I love it when he gets gripped by the red headed Jekyll, as witness when Hughsey went down to the Whitten oval last year for his 'super spray' segment, and he overstepped the mark with Ayce Cordy: got the blue eyed devil stare- hilarious.

lemmon
15-02-2014, 09:41 PM
Couldn't tell whether that was genuine or part of the act...

Always been a fan of the "improving them as people" talk

Maddog37
15-02-2014, 10:18 PM
I loved it at the presentations to members when he said more than once when referring to GWS & GC " we'll get em back". Seemed so confident and made my mind tick over about what he knows that we don't.

LostDoggy
16-02-2014, 11:54 AM
I love how he's always spoken about the Western Bulldogs as "our Club", and the supporters as "our people". Macca wants us to be "tribal" Western Bulldogs people and I believe he's the kind of "Chief" supporters can love and follow. Could be a good theme for the cheer squad...

ratsmac
16-02-2014, 05:24 PM
So, we love the coach, and like Rocket ( and most brilliant coaches for that matter) he's a bit on the eccentric side. What are your favorite McCartneyisms?

For me, I love it when he gets gripped by the red headed Jekyll, as witness when Hughsey went down to the Whitten oval last year for his 'super spray' segment, and he overstepped the mark with Ayce Cordy: got the blue eyed devil stare- hilarious.

http://youtu.be/HBqDYR_c-hI

Hughesy looked really nervous at that point. Hehe

Twodogs
16-02-2014, 10:51 PM
I don't know if this counts as a Maccaism but it made me laugh. At one of the last training sessions ate last year the boys were lining up to do some competitive work just before the first balls rolled Macca said "I want this some with intensity, but I don't want you to hurt each other" all the players winced.

Mofra
17-02-2014, 10:19 AM
I do like the term "footyfied" he used in a speech at the end of year 2013 (rising star speech?) - good way of getting his point across.

bulldogtragic
17-02-2014, 03:12 PM
I loved the rising star speech, my favourite being his texting to a young player, specifically the follow up text to the player (words to the effect of), "it's not going to be a social catch up".

BulldogBelle
17-02-2014, 09:06 PM
Definitely "Bulldogs people" and "Quality Bulldogs person" as already covered, I've stolen that for my local team and it's fantastic. He's a master of the simple things

Mofra
18-02-2014, 10:44 AM
I loved the rising star speech, my favourite being his texting to a young player, specifically the follow up text to the player (words to the effect of), "it's not going to be a social catch up".
"See you tomoz"
Someone mentioned it was Dahl he was talking about?

bulldogtragic
18-02-2014, 11:31 AM
"See you tomoz"
Someone mentioned it was Dahl he was talking about?

My guess was Stringer, but I can easily believe it was Luke.