PDA

View Full Version : Bulldogs Intra Club

Cyberdoggie
17-02-2014, 04:25 PM
It's been a few years but finally it looks like the intra club is back!

Well at least it will be the Western Bulldogs vs Footscray Bulldogs.

Thursday 13 March 2014, 6pm – Whitten Oval

Looks like it will be the lead in game to round 1 for the WB side after the NAB challenge is completed so we will see shoot out for round 1 spots.

Might have to lock this one in the schedule.

Ghost Dog
17-02-2014, 04:29 PM
Ah I wish I could be there to roar when the Footscray Bulldogs take the field.

bornadog
17-02-2014, 11:26 PM

Looks like it will be the lead in game to round 1 for the WB side after the NAB challenge is completed so we will see shoot out for round 1 spots.

Not exactly great timing.

Twodogs
18-02-2014, 12:13 AM
Not exactly great timing.

It's work friendly though.

BornInDroopSt'54
18-02-2014, 11:07 AM

It's gone into the diary. Two Bulldog sides at the Whitten Oval for an historical game, not to be missed. I wonder if there'll be a "Foots-cray clap, clap, clap Foots-cray..." chant.

bulldogtragic
18-02-2014, 11:34 AM
If it's a Footscray home game, does that mean Western Bulldog supporters have got to be along the Doug Hawkins wing?

Mofra
18-02-2014, 12:25 PM
If it's a Footscray home game, does that mean Western Bulldog supporters have got to be along the Doug Hawkins wing?
Maybe they'll bring a few traditions back.

The Hyde St Band will play, cans of beer will be available, ditto a dude selling peanuts, and Glenn Coleman will be breaking a point post during the halftime break.

bulldogtragic
18-02-2014, 12:31 PM

The Hyde St Band will play, cans of beer will be available, ditto a dude selling peanuts, and Glenn Coleman will be breaking a point post during the halftime break.

I'd just be happy with the smell of hotdogs and GVG's favourite hot jam donuts, but I'd spend even bigger dollars for that WO experience again. I sincerely hope those have left the sanctum of the club because they wanted 'Footscray Forever' come back into the fold now, the VFL name should be a win for them, so I hope we can count on a few extra members and a few more at games.

As an aside, I'm just thinking, imagine the modern played and hyper-media if a player landed or slipped on a 20 cent coin after halftime these days...

Twodogs
18-02-2014, 12:38 PM

Mick Malthouse could make a guest appearance in the coaches box on the Doug Hawkins wing.

bulldogtragic
18-02-2014, 12:44 PM
Serious question again, can we go onto the ground at the breaks to listen to the coaches.

I'd have a long return trip to get to the ground, but to stand around the smaller packs and then the main group would just about get me over the line.

Greystache
18-02-2014, 01:27 PM
I sincerely hope those have left the sanctum of the club because they wanted 'Footscray Forever' come back into the fold now, the VFL name should be a win for them, so I hope we can count on a few extra members and a few more at games.

I wouldn't hold my breath BT. Those who'll only support on their own terms will always find another cause to be aggrieved about and thus withdraw their support again.

Serious question again, can we go onto the ground at the breaks to listen to the coaches.

I'd have a long return trip to get to the ground, but to stand around the smaller packs and then the main group would just about get me over the line.

I wouldn't expect so in the intra-club, but on game day in the VFL you should definitely be able to. If for no other reason than there's no chance the club could afford enough security to stop you!

bulldogtragic
18-02-2014, 01:49 PM
I wouldn't hold my breath BT. Those who'll only support on their own terms will always find another cause to be aggrieved about and thus withdraw their support again.

I wouldn't expect so in the intra-club, but on game day in the VFL you should definitely be able to. If for no other reason than there's no chance the club could afford enough security to stop you!

I'm hearing you Rick. It sort of goes to my line of thinking that we should have no interest in listening to any feedback from them. I'm sure Simon, I know that Cam Rose, did spend much time in engaging them back to the club. If this isn't enough to bring them back, then the club should block their phone numbers and emails. I get quite annoyed from time to time, but I've never made my commitment to club dependant on things. I could see where they were coming from in one sense, but the club has given back, so come back or find anothe sport is my thinking.

I still traumatically remember one of 'the black bombers' doing security at the WO after the game behind the goals. A kid my age (circa 12yo) ran onto the ground before acceptances and the kid got closelined by this massive guy and he had this smug look on his face. Then 30 guys bigger than him (my old man included) from the crowd went to jump the fence and he ran away. So as long as he isn't at the ground I'm with a shot.

I love listening to the huddles, and I remember one day at Willi going to the huddle and my cousin Lauren was a trainer, so I used to catch up with her at Willi games and get feedback, especially on bulldogs players and culture after Willi moved to the dogs.

Greystache
18-02-2014, 02:16 PM
I still traumatically remember one of 'the black bombers' doing security at the WO after the game behind the goals. A kid my age (circa 12yo) ran onto the ground before acceptances and the kid got closelined by this massive guy and he had this smug look on his face. Then 30 guys bigger than him (my old man included) from the crowd went to jump the fence and he ran away. So as long as he isn't at the ground I'm with a shot.

I don't know D'Marquis, he'd probably be in his 60's now, might actually a good time to see him again. Just look for the old dude with the saggy tattoos and the grey Mitchell Johnson 'tache.

Twodogs
18-02-2014, 03:13 PM

You'll be able to hear the coach. I can hear him from my front yard if the wind is blowing in the right direction.

bornadog
18-02-2014, 04:51 PM
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/mmsalih/ZAH_dogs_LN-20130815215752188613-300x0_zps6fc69342.jpg (http://s202.photobucket.com/user/mmsalih/media/ZAH_dogs_LN-20130815215752188613-300x0_zps6fc69342.jpg.html)

Twodogs
18-02-2014, 05:34 PM
Any particular reason you posted Lin's pic BAD?

bornadog
18-02-2014, 05:38 PM
Any particular reason you posted Lin's pic BAD?

Lin is wearing the Footscray Jumper

Sorry, meant to say we will have fun with the two jumpers on the ground:D

Twodogs
18-02-2014, 05:44 PM
One team might have to wear their away jumper

bulldogtragic
18-02-2014, 06:33 PM
I don't know D'Marquis, he'd probably be in his 60's now, might actually a good time to see him again. Just look for the old dude with the saggy tattoos and the grey Mitchell Johnson 'tache.

Even worse, getting 3 hours of why worthers originals should change their recipe so they don't stick to his dentures. I'd rather go out in public wearing double denim if you know what I mean.

merantau
18-02-2014, 08:14 PM
"Peanuts, shillin' a bag. Peanuts!"

The Doctor
18-02-2014, 11:29 PM
Maybe we could just chant "BULLDOGS, clap clap clap, BULLDOGS, clap clap clap" just to confuse the players :)

bulldogtragic
18-02-2014, 11:47 PM
If Jayden Foster is playing, I might just do the road trip.

I really hope he comes on this year, and his foot injury is long gone.

Remi Moses
19-02-2014, 12:49 AM
Is Jayden Foster on any of our lists?

bulldogtragic
19-02-2014, 10:46 AM
I was to understand he was doing some training with us over the pre-season, so I've assumed Calder are not in the frame as I've not seen anything from them to indicate they are giving him the spot. I could be very wrong, but even if he's just training around the fringes, exposing him to match simulation on (for example) Redpath would be a good snap shot of where he is.

w3design
25-02-2014, 05:40 PM
Their respective strips could be interesting. Who is the HOME team ? Footscray I presume.

The Doctor
25-02-2014, 11:14 PM
Foster is still with the Cannons.

bulldogtragic
25-02-2014, 11:22 PM
Foster is still with the Cannons.
Thanks Doc.