2. Liberatore
3. Wallis
4. Cordy

Most Important/Best Overall:

1. Liberatore
2. Wallis
3. Hunter
4. Cordy

Don't sit on the fence and say equal rankings. It's not about who is under who as a criticism, it's about who is above who owing to how good they will perform. :)

GVGjr
19-02-2014, 11:34 PM
BT, you ask the hard questions but I totally agree with your rankings.

Libertore will improve on his great form of last year. Hunter has the pace and reads the tempo of the game so well given his age and Wallis is going to be the hard worker. Cordy I still haven't given up hope on but he needs a good season.

Drunken Bum
19-02-2014, 11:56 PM
I find it hard to see Libba being the 2nd most improved of that lot given his already high level, personally I'd have it as something along the lines of

1 Hunter
2. Cordy
3. Wallis
4. Libba

I do think Libba will improve and would have to be a serious chance at the brownlow it's just that the others have much more scope for improvement given their lower starting positions

agree with most important, although Hunter and Wallis is a toss up IMO

Greystache
20-02-2014, 10:21 AM
Most Improved over the Year:

1. Hunter
2. Wallis
3. Liberatore
4. Cordy

1. Liberatore
2. Wallis
3. Hunter
4. Cordy

I expect by season's end Wallis and Hunter will be pretty close, with Libba still way out in front.

You could also add by the end of their career D'Marquis, in which case I'd have

1. Libba
2. Hunter
3. Wallis

4. Cordy

Go_Dogs
20-02-2014, 11:01 AM
Nice work BT.

I think Hunter has the highest ceiling for improvement this year - he just looks like he can become a consistent performer and play the majority of matches, impact the scoreboard and influence the game. I can see he and Wallis having pretty similar impacts over the course of the year in their own, different ways - both can become high quality AFL players and I think we'll see that with some consistency this year.

For mine Cordy has huge scope for improvement and although he only played a bit last night, I think he showed some signs that he is ready to take that next step. Spending significant time in the ruck at VFL should help him too.

Improvement:

1. Hunter
2. Cordy
3. Wallis
4. Libba

Best:

1. Libba
2. Wallis/Hunter
3. Cordy

Bulldog Joe
20-02-2014, 01:03 PM
While I haven't seen the game against St Kilda I am encouraged by the reports on Cordy. Stats indicate that he was prepared to tackle and he was at least competitive in the ruck.

I see Hunter as the one who can really come on and be an AA level player, while Libba is already there.

Wallis also looks set to be at least a really good contributor and may also make A grade standard.

looking very good all round.

bulldogtragic
20-02-2014, 05:00 PM
Most Improved over the Year:

1. Hunter
2. Wallis
3. Liberatore
4. Cordy

1. Liberatore
2. Wallis
3. Hunter
4. Cordy

I expect by season's end Wallis and Hunter will be pretty close, with Libba still way out in front.

You could also add by the end of their career D'Marquis, in which case I'd have

1. Libba
2. Hunter
3. Wallis

4. Cordy

Too narrow there Rick.

It's an early call, but by the end of their career there will most likely be another Libba and Kellett. If Darcy keeps improving add a Macpherson too. I liked Zaine's year too as an underage. And maybe a Foster too. There's another Wallis too, but that's a longer shot.

w3design
25-02-2014, 05:55 PM
I expect Libba will get the opposition's top tagger if he doesn't go to Griff each week. And while I too expect Libba to improve again, on the basis of increased fitness and experience, I don't expect the same degree of improvement we saw last season again. From here on it is likely to be incremental. If he jumped that much again those predicting a Brownlow would not be far off the mark.

Hunter I expect to really jump up, but for mine Wal with his extra season under his belt, I expect him to be the biggest jumper.

So my ranking on amount of improvement as distinct from best player would look a bit like this :
1. Wal.
2. Hunter
3. Libba
4 Cordy. I still hold out considerable hope of Ayce coming on, but again expect his improvement to be incremental rather than spectacular.