PDA

View Full Version : NAB Bankers and Anchors

GVGjr
26-02-2014, 10:44 PM
We all know the drill. Lets hear your thoughts on the:

The Bankers = 3 players that we banked on to do the right thing during the game

The Anchors = 3 players that weighed us down by their errors or poor play

Please limit it to no more than three of each, but feel free to make honourable/dishonourable mentions. As usual try to make it constructive criticism.

The thread is named in honour of a popular WOOF Contributor, The Banker, who passed away on 22/04/2012 after a six month battle with cancer.

G-Mo77
26-02-2014, 10:50 PM
Bankers.

Jackson Macrae - Oozes class.
Koby Stevens - Slowed down a little in the 2nd half. Like what he's done so far in the preseason.
Jake Stringer - Don't think he did a lot in terms of stats but liked what he did.

Not going to anchor anyone in the pre-season. Only thing I can think of is that horrible umpiring decision against Young in the 3rd.

bornadog
26-02-2014, 10:53 PM
Bankers

1. Macrae - had a very good three quarters, faded out a bit but I thought he was pretty good all night
2. Stevens - ditto per Macrae, disposal still needs improving but a lot better.
3. Higgins/ Williams - got through unscathed.

Anchors

1. Ability to convert goals , had our chances.
2. Inability to stop Freo going coast to coast
3. Our hand balling and not able to hit players on the chest.

The bulldog tragician
26-02-2014, 10:53 PM
Bankers: McRae was just sublime. Stevens and Cooney

Anchors: poor night for Goodes. Our defence just didnt gel together. Our goal kicking very costly.

I thought the match showed where we are at. Promising signs, concentration lapses, skills still unreliable.

GVGjr
26-02-2014, 11:00 PM
Bankers: McRae was just sublime. Stevens and Cooney

Anchors: poor night for Goodes. Our defence just didnt gel together. Our goal kicking very costly.

I thought the match showed where we are at. Promising signs, concentration lapses, skills still unreliable.

I think you have summed this up perfectly. Just some improvements on concentration and skill level would do wonders for us.

GVGjr
26-02-2014, 11:20 PM
Bankers

1 Stevens looking a lot fitter and stronger in the contests than last year. He's obviopusly done the hard work so I hope the rewards follow.
2 Macrae looks right at home and his skills and endeavour was first rate.
3 Our tackling has improved on last year.

Anchors

1 Lack of continuity in the back line. Morris worked hard but it didn't gel.
2 Missing set shots on goals. I know I bang on about it and it's early in the season but Wood and Crameri missed shots they shouldn't have.
3 A big gap between our best and worst performances on the day.

robb
27-02-2014, 12:22 AM
Bankers

Stevens, cooney & McRae

Anchors

1. Williams and Higgins (watchers tonight totally unacceptable efforts)

2. Goodes, Picken, young and Jong (not sure if they are up to afl standard)

3. Boyd's efficiency rate

Remi Moses
27-02-2014, 05:13 AM
Bit tough on Higgins and Williams there^^
Think both have a bit to prove, but neither have played in 12 months.

always right
27-02-2014, 12:47 PM
Bit tough on Higgins and Williams there^^
Think both have a bit to prove, but neither have played in 12 months.

Understandedly Tom looked a little tentative and will benefit from the run. Higgins was promising butI found his lack of urgency when Suban kicked his goal unchallenged a little surprising for a bloke who hasn't played in 12 months. Was expecting him to be over enthusiastic rather than hanging back.

Remi Moses
27-02-2014, 02:44 PM
Understandedly Tom looked a little tentative and will benefit from the run. Higgins was promising butI found his lack of urgency when Suban kicked his goal unchallenged a little surprising for a bloke who hasn't played in 12 months. Was expecting him to be over enthusiastic rather than hanging back.

Scott Lucas on SEN commented that Shaun has to be better defensively to play in the back 6.
The coach said the same thing, and agree he has to play with more urgency.

Ozza
27-02-2014, 06:21 PM
Bankers

Stevens, cooney & McRae

Anchors

1. Williams and Higgins (watchers tonight totally unacceptable efforts)

2. Goodes, Picken, young and Jong (not sure if they are up to afl standard)

3. Boyd's efficiency rate

Picken has played over 100 AFL games, and finished top 5 in a best and fairest. Pretty safe to say he is 'up to AFL standard'.

Goodes and Young showed pretty clearly last season that they are both very capable.