PDA

View Full Version : Things you would like to see the new AFL CEO do

Eastdog
03-03-2014, 05:11 PM
With Andrew Demitrou resigning as AFL CEO today what do you want to see the new CEO do to improve the AFL as a whole.

bulldogtragic
03-03-2014, 05:13 PM
Genuine equalisation.
Not be afraid of Eddie.
Either support us 100% (option 1) or offer us massive cash & draft concessions for SOME Tassie games (option 2)

bornadog
03-03-2014, 05:30 PM
Buy Eithad Stadium and give us our share of the takings there.

Scrap the FIXture and have a genuine draw

Share on air, free to air times like Friday nights.

Give more a go on ANZAC day or create more blockbusters such as Good Friday for us. We already have Essendon/Collingwood ANZAC Day, Dreamtime for Richmond/Essendon, Queens Birthday Collingwood/Melbourne. Essendon and Collingwood to lose one and two other clubs come in. Two clubs for Good Friday - Say Hawks /Dogs as the Clash of East v West. Only need to Create something for Carlton, North, Saints, Geelong.
You could have Season Opener Carlton/Geelong, and then something for Saints North on another day. - or they could do ANZAC Day at Eithad that night???

Interstate clubs could also do an ANZAC Day, or Derby Day.

chef
03-03-2014, 06:35 PM
Keeping us alive is all I ask.

bulldogtragic
03-03-2014, 06:41 PM
Keeping us alive is all I ask.

Not me, that's what the big clubs want. Just to keep us keeping the numbers at 18, never really threatening them.

I want to be able to have a club that can win a premiership, have blockbuster games and entice sponsorship.

KT31
04-03-2014, 10:52 AM
How about just giving us a fair go on all fronts.
Although what I consider a fair go seems to differ from the AFL's and so called power teams perspective.

Ozza
06-03-2014, 03:13 PM
The only thing I'd ask is that we get a better fixture.

At least one Friday night match for every team in the competition. Less 4:40 twilight matches where we are in the 'who cares' timeslot.

Apart from that - we've gotten an extremely fair go from AD's administration by and large. The purchase of Etihad is being fasttracked, which will obviously benefit us greatly.