PDA

View Full Version : I'd love to be at the club this week...

bulldogtragic
17-03-2014, 01:17 PM
How exciting it is at the club. Such excitement, players trying to be fit (Bob especially), Stew Crameri running out officially in the tri colours, kids like Honeychurch & Bonts hoping for a dream round one debut and generally turning all our positive energy into good footy.

If they could bottle this excitement we'd be a rich club.

Bob's on 249 games, I really want him to play in WA, but I really want 250 to be in Melbourne.

Just like the excitement before round 1, 1997, sometimes hope and excitement can lead us anywhere.

Pumped!

Twodogs
17-03-2014, 01:26 PM
Too right BT.

I'm really looking forward to this weeks game. Having seen a fair bit of preseason training, last weeks intra club, the Season launch and HOF last Wednesday and the two NAB challenge matches I'm jumping out of my Winfrey waiting for the actual games to start. I really, really wish this weeks game was in Melbourne.

bornadog
17-03-2014, 02:08 PM
Looking forward to the season, but hate the trip to Perth. I just hope we are competitive and show something for the fans.

1eyedog
17-03-2014, 03:57 PM
Think we can surprise a few teams this year (and so-called footy experts) who have us bottom 4. Hoping we can do a Port Adelaide this year and make the 8. If the kids play well and our vets stand up there's no reason why we can't given how woeful middle of the road clubs like Collingwood, Carlton and Richmond played on the weekend.

Cyberdoggie
17-03-2014, 04:45 PM
Think we can surprise a few teams this year (and so-called footy experts) who have us bottom 4. Hoping we can do a Port Adelaide this year and make the 8. If the kids play well and our vets stand up there's no reason why we can't given how woeful middle of the road clubs like Collingwood, Carlton and Richmond played on the weekend.

The so called experts have been very conservative with predictions for the year, basically just repeating last year ladder without Port in most examples.

I think there will be a big shake up this year. We've already seen that GWS and GC can win matches now and will be powerhouses before too long. Carlton and Collingwood look like they are on the way down and the tiges still have some big weaknesses.

The shake up could include a side like ours but I think it's not going to be easy week 1 over in the west.

Danny the snakeman
17-03-2014, 04:56 PM
Being in perth im very happy to be going on sunday,seeing as most years we play here only once It would be nice to see a win over here .

Ozza
17-03-2014, 05:29 PM
I think its incredibly important to get a round 1 win this year. I know the Perth trip is difficult - but we have to go there expecting to win.

Not to get too ahead of the game - but we have North and Richmond to follow, and both of these teams are hunting finals and even top 4 positions in their minds. They will be tough matches. Lose all 3...and we head to a GWS home game, against a team that may well be 3-0 (GWS have Saints and Dees the next two).

The confidence derived from a good, tough early win could be huge for our season.

The bulldog tragician
17-03-2014, 09:51 PM
I think its incredibly important to get a round 1 win this year. I know the Perth trip is difficult - but we have to go there expecting to win.

Not to get too ahead of the game - but we have North and Richmond to follow, and both of these teams are hunting finals and even top 4 positions in their minds. They will be tough matches. Lose all 3...and we head to a GWS home game, against a team that may well be 3-0 (GWS have Saints and Dees the next two).

The confidence derived from a good, tough early win could be huge for our season.

Well said. Confidence and momentum are everything. This is a tough but not impossible assignment and you are right Ozza, its outcome will flow through to our attitude in those first few games, either bursting our bubble or reinforcing that we're on track.