Round 22: Matt Taberner - Freo
Round 23: Jack Martin - Gold Coast

Maddog37
25-03-2014, 03:14 PM
Supercoach special IMHO.

wimberga
25-03-2014, 04:23 PM
Well deserved - he was very impressive.

There was an article suggesting he was this years Ollie Wines.

Bit much after just 1 game but as said, he was very impressive.

Lets hope we see big Bonts in this list sooner rather than later.

I wonder how many Rising Star bets are now in doubt given Jack Martins injury?

Go_Dogs
25-03-2014, 06:48 PM
Dunstan was bound to do well, strong bodied, inside player who was a leader at U/18 level and very commited.

Well done to him.

I think we'll see Hunter snare one soon.

bornadog
07-04-2014, 11:14 PM
Josh Kelly round 3 - looks a ready made player

bulldogtragic
07-04-2014, 11:25 PM
Josh Kelly round 3 - looks a ready made player

I never understood the knocks on Josh. I think everyone jumped once his sprints (and most other stuff) improved rather well from combine to combine.

As an aside, I can't wait for a recruit of ours to win this thing.

Remi Moses
08-04-2014, 10:16 PM
Didn't like the Pick 2 trade, and gotta say the Dees are going to regret giving that pick up.

bornadog
15-04-2014, 10:48 AM
Round 4: Luke McDonald - North

azabob
15-04-2014, 11:08 AM
Didn't like the Pick 2 trade, and gotta say the Dees are going to regret giving that pick up.

Did you hear king of deflection Paul Roos say they did not rate Kelly as the number 2 pick so they wouldn't have picked him regardless.

bulldogtragic
15-04-2014, 11:12 AM
Did you hear king of deflection Paul Roos say they did not rate Kelly as the number 2 pick so they wouldn't have picked him regardless.

Roos talks rubbish on this. I'm happy that North were made to use a top 10 pick for McDonald.

soupman
15-04-2014, 11:16 AM

Tbf who's to say that's a lie?

They rejected him the previous year in the mini draft in favour of Hogan despite having about 40 key forwards already and maybe they rated Billings or someone else.

And besides it's smarter to try and avoid the media actually being able to nail down a Kelly vs Tyson scenario (despite Salem coming in the trade as well).

Greystache
15-04-2014, 01:03 PM
Tbf who's to say that's a lie?

They rejected him the previous year in the mini draft in favour of Hogan despite having about 40 key forwards already and maybe they rated Billings or someone else.

And besides it's smarter to try and avoid the media actually being able to nail down a Kelly vs Tyson scenario (despite Salem coming in the trade as well).

And what seems to be getting lost in the discussion is Tyson is playing much better footy than Kelly at the moment. There's plenty of hype around Kelly, but Tyson is doing better, and Salem may well end up as good. It's ridiculous how early people make judgement on who should've been picked in front of who.

After their first year's everyone was calling Palmer and Rich the best of their draft pool, and clubs had screwed up letting them slip to 7, but a few years on Palmer is at best a plodder, and Rich hasn't kicked on (mostly due to the limitations that were the reason he slipped).

Ollie Wines is being called the supposed rightful number 1 pick after 1 season and 4 games (with Macrae the only one getting an exemption), and funnily enough he was also the most physically developed midfielder in his draft, but the short sighted don't give that any thought.

bulldogtragic
15-04-2014, 01:18 PM
And what seems to be getting lost in the discussion is Tyson is playing much better footy than Kelly at the moment. There's plenty of hype around Kelly, but Tyson is doing better, and Salem may well end up as good. It's ridiculous how early people make judgement on who should've been picked in front of who.

After their first year's everyone was calling Palmer and Rich the best of their draft pool, and clubs had screwed up letting them slip to 7, but a few years on Palmer is at best a plodder, and Rich hasn't kicked on (mostly due to the limitations that were the reason he slipped).

Ollie Wines is being called the supposed rightful number 1 pick after 1 season and 4 games (with Macrae the only one getting an exemption), and funnily enough he was also the most physically developed midfielder in his draft, but the short sighted don't give that any thought.

Your first point is an interesting philosophical debate which I think a few on WOOF were thinking about last year, me included. Collingwood had the picks for Freeman and Sheed, we have Bontempelli. The thinking being swapping a top 4 pick to Collingwood last year for their two picks later in the first round. Much like the situation with Melbourne, do two potentially very good players amount to potentially one very, very good player? Interesting debate last year and will obviously continue on.

What i'd love to have a list full of first round draft kids that I could just throw away two first round picks to get another top 5 pick (#2).

bornadog
22-04-2014, 01:49 PM
Round 5: Matt Crouch - Crows

Throughandthrough
22-04-2014, 04:46 PM
silly question, but i'm guessing Macrae isnt eligible? Did he play too many matches last year?

KT31
22-04-2014, 04:49 PM
silly question, but i'm guessing Macrae isnt eligible? Did he play too many matches last year?

Macrae and Talia both were nominated last year, I assume that means they cannot be nominated again.

bornadog
22-04-2014, 05:07 PM
Macrae and Talia both were nominated last year, I assume that means they cannot be nominated again.

You need to play less than 10 as at the start of the year.

Greystache
22-04-2014, 05:30 PM

Yes, 13 games

Go_Dogs
22-04-2014, 06:56 PM

It's a fair point that most seem to look at immediate returns and fail to consider what can happen over the course of a few years, or indeed, over an entire career.

Ollie might just be the exception to the rule, to the extent that he has basically came in and played the role that he'll play over his career, a predominately inside midfielder with a good defensive game. His disposal isn't elite, but I wouldn't consider it a weakness. If he ends up receiving a hard tag, like Libba has the past few weeks, he may struggle - but at the moment he's lucky to be playing in a side with a lot of depth in the middle and he'll probably be able to escape that as others, such as Hartlett, Boak, Polec will be the ones teams prefer to tag. Rich and Palmer, whilst they had great first years, were not (from my memory) doing as much of the heavy lifting as Wines has done to date.

I don't think Wines will end up the best player from his draft, but all things being equal, he should have a pretty long, successful career.

The 2013 draft is going to be a very interesting one to reflect on in a few years time for similar reasons. Luke Dunstan and Matt Crouch seem players who also fit that same mould and have put some runs on the board so far this season. These guys were taken a bit later, but it appears drafting is trending that way and some clubs are able to get good value late first round and beyond for players that should have long careers as inside mids. It may soon reach a point where clubs go too far and underrate scope for improvement in players who have the bigger builds - just as much as fans and those in the media are quick to pump up those who play better, immediately.

azabob
22-04-2014, 07:59 PM
Nice post griff#16

KT31
23-04-2014, 10:50 AM
You need to play less than 10 as at the start of the year.

Thank you BAD.

bornadog
05-05-2014, 11:50 PM
Update
Round 1: Luke Dunstan - St Kilda
Round 2: Dylan Buckley - Carlton
Round 3: Josh Kelly - GWS
Round 6: James Aish - Lions
Round 7: Tom Langdon - Pies

Axe Man
06-05-2014, 10:48 AM
At pick 65 Langdon was one of the last players taken in the 2013 draft (excluding all the rookie promotions). Looks like the massive recruiting resources Collingwood have at their disposal have paid off here. Wouldn't mind having this bloke on the list rather than Fuller at this stage.

azabob
06-05-2014, 11:17 AM
At pick 65 Langdon was one of the last players taken in the 2013 draft (excluding all the rookie promotions). Looks like the massive recruiting resources Collingwood have at their disposal have paid off here. Wouldn't mind having this bloke on the list rather than Fuller at this stage.

Not sure the resources played a big part this time. He was recruited from the Sandringham Dragons.

Axe Man
06-05-2014, 12:09 PM
Not sure the resources played a big part this time. He was recruited from the Sandringham Dragons.

It's not my assertion, it was something I heard in the media. They may have just got lucky with Langdon, I've got no idea personally. However I still think greater resources can help in recruiting local players. More staff and more time to look at a greater number of players in a level of detail that we probably can't afford to.

lemmon
06-05-2014, 02:42 PM
He was tipped to go the year before as well but was told to go back and work on his intensity, I think he was on a few clubs lists

bornadog
13-05-2014, 02:05 PM
Round 8: Jarman Impey - Port

Ghost Dog
13-05-2014, 03:46 PM
It's not my assertion, it was something I heard in the media. They may have just got lucky with Langdon, I've got no idea personally. However I still think greater resources can help in recruiting local players. More staff and more time to look at a greater number of players in a level of detail that we probably can't afford to.

It's hard to say. Port seem to be doing well and they are not that well resourced compared to larger clubs.

bornadog
22-05-2014, 02:46 PM
Round 8: Jarmen Impey - Port
Round 9: Lewis Taylor - Lions

updated

bornadog
28-05-2014, 12:48 PM
Round 8: Jarmen Impey - Port
Round 9: Lewis Taylor - Lions
Round 10: Kade Kolodjashnij - Gold Coast

update - was he that good?

Mantis
28-05-2014, 04:17 PM

Not really, 21 touches, but no real influence... However he has been pretty good through the year so far so maybe a result of consistent performances rather than one stand-out game.

It's a pretty thin list so far.

LostDoggy
28-05-2014, 05:03 PM

I didn't really notice him to be honest

bornadog
03-06-2014, 12:01 AM
Round 11: Zach Merrett - Essendon

bornadog
10-06-2014, 03:11 PM
Round 12: Joe Daniher - Essendon

bulldogtragic
15-06-2014, 07:01 PM
If Bont don't get it this week, then he may never. Good reward for a good game hopefully.

anfo27
15-06-2014, 07:10 PM
If Bont don't get it this week, then he may never. Good reward for a good game hopefully.

I wouldn't bet on it bt. Hrovat, Smith & libba all missed out after playing great games.

bornadog
15-06-2014, 07:14 PM

I think he will

LostDoggy
15-06-2014, 07:25 PM
Round 13: Marcus “The Bontemplation”.

boydogs
15-06-2014, 09:23 PM
Great second half but may need to build a catalogue of form before he gets the nod

bornadog
15-06-2014, 10:40 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BqKptDQCQAA0nsF.jpg:large

Remi Moses
15-06-2014, 11:34 PM
What a nice photo

KT31
16-06-2014, 10:31 AM
Great photo and he deserves to the nod this week.

Murphy'sLore
16-06-2014, 10:32 AM
And hopefully someone actually watched the game this week because it was Collingwood...

LostDoggy
16-06-2014, 10:48 AM
Was thinking Jeremy McGovern would get it ahead of Bonts, but just noticed he is actually 22.

LostDoggy
16-06-2014, 03:00 PM
Or Salem perhaps? Hope not, but they tend to like flashy stuff like kicking the sealer.

soupman
16-06-2014, 03:10 PM
Or Salem perhaps? Hope not, but they tend to like flashy stuff like kicking the sealer.

He also only had 4 touches. I'd be very surprised if he won it, no matter the enormity of the goal he kicked.

LostDoggy
16-06-2014, 03:38 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BqKptDQCQAA0nsF.jpg:large

Don't know them from a bar of soap, but feel like framing that photo and putting it above the mantle.

bulldogtragic
16-06-2014, 03:49 PM
Thats a dead set photo for the dogs museum. Right next to Monty kissing the dog logo.

azabob
16-06-2014, 05:49 PM

Only had four touches for the entire game (was the sub). He didn't exactly kick a goal of the year type goal.

LostDoggy
16-06-2014, 06:40 PM
Only had four touches for the entire game (was the sub). He didn't exactly kick a goal of the year type goal.

Clarification, guys: I'm not in any way suggesting Salem should get it. I'm saying the way they pick the Rising Star some weeks is an absolute farce, and therefore I wouldn't be surprised.

boydogs
16-06-2014, 09:10 PM
Round 13: Marcus Bontempelli - Western Bulldogs :)

G-Mo77
16-06-2014, 09:17 PM
Don't know them from a bar of soap, but feel like framing that photo and putting it above the mantle.

Same M.R.M.

Terrific capture there from the camera man. I'd have it part of a collage, I've got heaps of grabs like this and would love to put them together and hang it on my wall.

Go_Dogs
16-06-2014, 09:26 PM
Well done Bonti! Nice little interview up on the official website.

Webby
16-06-2014, 09:55 PM
He's a guest on AFL 360 tomorrow night, btw.

bornadog
16-06-2014, 10:31 PM
round 1: Luke dunstan - st kilda
round 2: Dylan buckley - carlton
round 3: Josh kelly - gws
round 4: Luke mcdonald - north
round 5: Matt crouch - crows
round 6: James aish - lions
round 7: Tom langdon - pies
round 8: Jarmen impey - port
round 9: Lewis taylor - lions
round 10: kade kolodjashnij - gold coast
round 11: zach merrett - essendon
round 12: Joe daniher - essendon
round 13: Marcus bontempelli - westernbulldogs

yes!!

bornadog
25-06-2014, 07:27 PM
Round 14: Jack Billings - Saints

azabob
25-06-2014, 09:06 PM
Round 14: Jack Billings - Saints

Very clever and skillful player. I think I heard 26 disposals at 100% efficiency on the weekend.

Pickenitup
30-06-2014, 08:18 PM
Any chance Jakey Stringer for the award this week 4 goals should be enough

bornadog
30-06-2014, 08:51 PM
Round 15: Harry Cunningham - Swans

bulldogtragic
30-06-2014, 08:53 PM
Any chance Jakey Stringer for the award this week 4 goals should be enough

(In my best little Britain Voice) BAD says nooo.

jeemak
30-06-2014, 08:59 PM
Must have been an excellent 8 kick, 9 handball, no score and no tackle game from Cunningham.

bornadog
30-06-2014, 09:02 PM
Must have been an excellent 8 kick, 9 handball, no score and no tackle game from Cunningham.

Yeah what a game :confused:

jeemak
30-06-2014, 09:04 PM
They hadn't had one yet, and it's been three days since they've been in the media so fair enough.

bulldogtragic
30-06-2014, 09:07 PM

Wow, that's the hard to achieve and much coveted thing known in basketball and football as the 'triple bugger all'...

It's getting harder to not be pessimistic with anything AFL...

bornadog
30-06-2014, 09:14 PM
Wow, that's the hard to achieve and much coveted thing known in basketball and football as the 'triple bugger all'...

It's getting harder to not be pessimistic with anything AFL...

I think he has been rewarded with past performances and not just this round.

This award could be something really good and something one can strive for if there was more transparency on how they pick the weekly winners. Stringer with his 4.2 was clearly one of the better players of the round.

The selectors have merely looked at the top highest disposal earners and said, well the ones above Cunningham have been nominated so he is next in line with 17 disposals. All without checking out other factors like goals, goal assists etc.

jeemak
30-06-2014, 09:15 PM
I knew Rising Star voting was a joke when Jason Tutt got 26 touches and four goals on debut..........

anfo27
30-06-2014, 09:26 PM
Can't believe we've been stiffed again. I said to my brother when he was lining up for his fifth that if he kicks this he will get the rising star nomination. As we all know he missed but still should have got the nomination.

josie
30-06-2014, 10:16 PM
Is Stringer eligible for rising star award? He played more than a handful of games last year and a number earlier this year....

anfo27
30-06-2014, 10:21 PM
Is Stringer eligible for rising star award? He played more than a handful of games last year and a number earlier this year....

He is eligible Josie. Cut off point is 10 games and 21 years old and jake played nine or ten so just scrapes through.

jeemak
30-06-2014, 10:21 PM
You have to have played ten or fewer games and be under 21 years of age at the start of the year to be eligible.

Stringer played ten last year.

jeemak
30-06-2014, 10:22 PM
Josie, ignore post 69 and concentrate on post 70. It's much better and much more informative.

Ozza
04-07-2014, 10:24 AM
Bontempelli is now equal favourite with the bookies, for what its worth.

Bonti & Langdon
followed by;
Kolodnashnij
Kelly
Aish
Dunstan
Daniher

Really a wide open race, best performed between now and the end of the year will win........or just a GWS/GCS/SWANS player hand picked by the league.

boydogs
04-07-2014, 03:01 PM
I thought Billings would be up there

josie
05-07-2014, 10:01 PM
You have to have played ten or fewer games and be under 21 years of age at the start of the year to be eligible.

Stringer played ten last year.

Goodness - I'm surprised he missed out then. Thanks Jeemak.

jeemak
05-07-2014, 10:53 PM
Excellent work Josie.

bornadog
08-07-2014, 03:11 AM
Round 16: Troy Menzel - Carlton

The Underdog
08-07-2014, 09:20 AM
Menzel has me seriously at risk of liking a Carlton player. So conflicted.

Happy Days
08-07-2014, 02:35 PM
Menzel has me seriously at risk of liking a Carlton player. So conflicted.

You should seek out his interviews this week he's adorably stupid.

anfo27
13-07-2014, 04:11 PM
Surely Hrovat will not be ignored after that performance!

azabob
13-07-2014, 04:42 PM
Surely Hrovat will not be ignored after that performance!

Wonder if he can be nominated the same week as most likely being fined for wrestling? You know, the AFL want a certain image portrayed.

Pickenitup
14-07-2014, 08:10 PM
Our Boy The Rat has got the award this week

bulldogtragic
14-07-2014, 08:13 PM
Our Boy The Rat has got the award this week

Bouy-yeah-yeah Ratman.

chef
14-07-2014, 08:14 PM
Great stuff.

jeemak
14-07-2014, 08:22 PM
Great stuff. Now we just need for Stringer to get one.

ratsmac
14-07-2014, 09:10 PM
Nice work rat.

ratsmac
14-07-2014, 09:11 PM
Great stuff. Now we just need for Stringer to get one.

And Hunter as well (I think he is still eligible)

Greystache
14-07-2014, 09:23 PM
Good news, congratulations to the little man.

LostDoggy
14-07-2014, 10:24 PM
Congrats to Hrovat. Love his aggression

anfo27
14-07-2014, 10:49 PM
Well done wee man!

I think Hunter and Stringer are playing well enough to each get a nomination before the year is done.

bulldogtragic
20-07-2014, 07:16 PM
Too early to say it... :)

GVGjr
20-07-2014, 07:42 PM
If Stringer ices the game he would have to get the nomination

Go_Dogs
20-07-2014, 09:35 PM
If Stringer ices the game he would have to get the nomination

I think he's due regardless of them falling over the line.

KT31
20-07-2014, 11:01 PM
I think he's due regardless of them falling over the line.

Think he will get the nod this week, from memory they nominate two in split rounds..

jeemak
21-07-2014, 12:34 AM
Just checked the GWS stats and whilst there were some good players that the AFL could ensure get the nod over Jake, they've all played too many games prior to 2014 for that to be an issue.

He should definitely get the nod this week.

Pickenitup
28-07-2014, 08:29 PM
Cant believe Jake missed out turn it up!

bulldogtragic
28-07-2014, 08:33 PM
Cant believe Jake missed out turn it up!

Who got it?

Pickenitup
28-07-2014, 08:33 PM
Patton

jeemak
28-07-2014, 08:40 PM
That is absolutely disgraceful. Nothing more, nothing less.

What a bloody joke.

Pickenitup
28-07-2014, 08:50 PM
AFL are a joke Jake kicks five but no we must give it to the AFL love child Team GWS and a guy who kicks two goals.

jeemak
28-07-2014, 08:59 PM
I'm going to email the club on this one, and strongly suggest they need to raise the proverbial eye brow.

That's twice it's happened to Stringer, once with Sydney and now with GWS. There's no coincidence with the teams and players selected, and those that weren't.

azabob
28-07-2014, 08:59 PM
AFL are a joke Jake kicks five but no we must give it to the AFL love child Team GWS and a guy who kicks two goals.

Don't forget Stringer was awarded second best on ground by the coaches, where as Patton didn't score a vote.

Pickenitup
28-07-2014, 09:18 PM
This decision not to give it Jake means lets not get excited with Bonti winning the Award at the end of the year cause im sure The AFL will look at a Giants Player .

ratsmac
28-07-2014, 09:38 PM
Screwed again. Oh well, we'll have the last laugh when our no frills team wins the premiership in 3 years time ;-)

In Patton's defence he did take 9 marks playing in the forward line. I wish we had someone take 9 marks in our forward line.

The Underdog
28-07-2014, 09:41 PM
To be fair, the decision process, parameters for selection and award itself have always been a joke, so this shouldn't be a surprise.

jeemak
28-07-2014, 09:49 PM
To be fair, the decision process, parameters for selection and award itself have always been a joke, so this shouldn't be a surprise.

You're right. I'm not going to be emailing the club.

Posting when angry isn't normally my thing.

ReLoad
28-07-2014, 10:00 PM
Guys, it's ok, it's part of a grand plan, expect Patton to be a dog :)

Flamethrower
29-07-2014, 10:34 AM
I am surprised that so many think Bontempelli is favourite to win the award. There are at least 4 players who have been nominated who have had better seasons overall than the Bont. If it was awarded to the player most likely to be the best, then Marcus would be a certainty...he has the highest upside, but IMHO he hasn't had the best season overall. The next 5 weeks could change that though, especially if the Bont stars against the Hawks and Swans.

Greystache
29-07-2014, 10:38 AM
I am surprised that so many think Bontempelli is favourite to win the award. There are at least 4 players who have been nominated who have had better seasons overall than the Bont. If it was awarded to the player most likely to be the best, then Marcus would be a certainty...he has the highest upside, but IMHO he hasn't had the best season overall. The next 5 weeks could change that though, especially if the Bont stars against the Hawks and Swans.

He is the favourite, it's not people's opinion. He's paying $2, then there's daylight to the rest of the field starting with Dunstan at $5.

Sedat
29-07-2014, 11:09 AM
The reality is that the weekly rising star award nominations are as contrived as the AFL fixture. Weekly nominations lost all credibility when Libba was ignored for the entire 2011 season when he was a contested ball magnet and tackling machine virtually all season - his consistency and excellence was never rewarded and he is now the best player in the competition under 23.

If an eligible player can kick 5 goals in any game against a strong defensive unit, they really should be nominated (ie: Kerridge last year when he kicked 6 against Norf). And if that player kicked a bag a couple of weeks earlier and was ignored for a 12 possession Sydney based midfielder on the basis of 'consistency', then they should absolutely not be ignored the next time around. That they have for another Sydney based player tells you all you need to know about the integrity of the weekly nominations.

This award is obviously used by the AFL as a PR exercise to generate some column inches in their developing markets. There is so little that is pure and unencumbered in the AFL anymore - everything is contrived and compromised.

soupman
29-07-2014, 01:18 PM

Thats the thing though, nobody knows what the award is for.

If its for most likely to be a "star", as the name suggests, then Bontempelli wins.
If its for the player who had the biggest positive impact for his club this season, then Dunstan might win.
If its for the player who has had the best consistent season then McDonald wins.

It would be much more transparent if they did the following:
-Actually defined whether the award was a reward for a good season or a prediction of a great career.
-The weekly nominations were voted on by a panel (I believe Kevin Sheehan does it by himself) atm, and it was explained why the nominee for that round was nominated. And if more than one player was deserving then why not give it to both?

Greystache
29-07-2014, 01:34 PM
Thats the thing though, nobody knows what the award is for.

If its for most likely to be a "star", as the name suggests, then Bontempelli wins.
If its for the player who had the biggest positive impact for his club this season, then Dunstan might win.
If its for the player who has had the best consistent season then McDonald wins.

It would be much more transparent if they did the following:
-Actually defined whether the award was a reward for a good season or a prediction of a great career.
-The weekly nominations were voted on by a panel (I believe Kevin Sheehan does it by himself) atm, and it was explained why the nominee for that round was nominated. And if more than one player was deserving then why not give it to both?

And he's admitted doesn't watch most of the games. He usually just looks at the stats sheet and mixes that with who he rated in their underage years. Then the award is decided by a panel of media "experts" who only see the players whose team played in games they covered. For what is such a prestigious award the process is a farce.

soupman
29-07-2014, 04:04 PM
And he's admitted doesn't watch most of the games. He usually just looks at the stats sheet and mixes that with who he rated in their underage years. Then the award is decided by a panel of media "experts" who only see the players whose team played in games they covered. For what is such a prestigious award the process is a farce.

It's what you would expect of the local junior leagues.

bornadog
04-08-2014, 08:51 PM
Round 19: Darcy Gardiner - Lions

LostDoggy
07-08-2014, 09:03 AM
Luke Dunston out for the season. Was probably the only bloke that could have challenged Bonti in the last few matches.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
07-08-2014, 10:47 AM
Luke Dunston out for the season. Was probably the only bloke that could have challenged Bonti in the last few matches.
Lewis Taylor from Brisbane could be a shot. Has played e ery game this year.

Throughandthrough
07-08-2014, 11:08 AM
Bonti guaranteed, surely!

Greystache
07-08-2014, 11:30 AM
Bonti guaranteed, surely!

He looked tired on the weekend. He can't afford to drop off or others will go past him, especially seeing as he missed the start of the season with his knee.

Bulldog4life
07-08-2014, 12:08 PM
Wouldn't Aish be up there. Played all season I think.

Axe Man
07-08-2014, 12:22 PM
Top chances according to Sportsbet:

Bonts $1.85
Langdon $6.00
Aish $6.00
Dunstan $6.50
Merrett $9.00
Kolodjashnij $10.00
Taylor $15.00
McDonald $17.00
Patton $21.00
Stringer $26.00 (despite the fact he will need to have 55 possessions and kick 23 goals in a game to get a nomination:mad:)

soupman
07-08-2014, 02:50 PM

SHould still be a chance. This means he will miss about 5-6 matches for the year, which is about how many Bontempelli wil miss, just at opposite ends of the year.

Aish, Taylor, Merrett and Langdon are the other main challengers, luckily none of them are from the expansion clubs.

mighty_west
07-08-2014, 06:53 PM
Lewis Taylor from Brisbane could be a shot. Has played e ery game this year.

David King on 360 last night said Lewis is a shoe in to take it, just his own opinion off course and said the same thing, has played every game this season.

azabob
11-08-2014, 08:38 PM
Well done Jake Stringer on receiving this weeks nomination!

Scraggers
11-08-2014, 08:57 PM
That's three Bulldogs nominated this year. Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

bulldogtragic
11-08-2014, 08:58 PM
That's three Bulldogs nominated this year. Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

All over 190cm.

boydogs
11-08-2014, 09:06 PM
All over 190cm.

Hrovat got one not Macrae

bulldogtragic
11-08-2014, 09:09 PM
Hrovat got one not Macrae
Damn his parents genes... :)

Would you believe 3 out of 4 of our last RS nominations were over 190cm.

azabob
11-08-2014, 09:17 PM

I find that hard to believe...

Greystache
11-08-2014, 09:21 PM

Fine. 2 over 190cm and one under 160cm!

bulldogtragic
11-08-2014, 09:21 PM
I find that hard to believe...

Ok. Would you believe were surrounded by a Boy Scout with rabies?

bulldogtragic
11-08-2014, 09:22 PM
Fine. 2 over 190cm and one under 160cm!

Deal. But we acknowledge Hrovat plays tall. Final offer. :)

ratsmac
11-08-2014, 09:27 PM
Booya! Nice work Jakey!

Now for Lachie Hunter to turn it on and get himself a nomination.

bornadog
11-08-2014, 11:46 PM
Deal. But we acknowledge Hrovat plays tall. Final offer. :)

Stringer, Hrovat, Bonts, Macrae, Talia all in last two years.

bulldogtragic
12-08-2014, 12:04 AM

And Talia seems a long way back from favour. We must play Hunter and every other kid to make it 6 in two years. Would be a record surely for a non expansion club...?

bornadog
12-08-2014, 09:44 AM
And Talia seems a long way back from favour. We must play Hunter and every other kid to make it 6 in two years. Would be a record surely for a non expansion club...?

Adelaide had four last year and have one this year. Lions have three this year, one last year.

bulldogtragic
12-08-2014, 10:30 AM
Adelaide had four last year and have one this year. Lions have three this year, one last year.

Cheers BAD. So one more would be a record over 2 years... Cue Lachie Hunter!

KT31
12-08-2014, 11:57 AM
Well done and deserved to Jake, he is an excitement machine and another cracking endorsement of the direction our club is headed.

Murphy'sLore
12-08-2014, 12:01 PM

And don't forget Libba didn't even get one.

LostDoggy
12-08-2014, 02:17 PM
And don't forget Libba didn't even get one.

It's not forgotten. :) :mad:

Doggy
14-08-2014, 08:13 AM
There is a poll in the Herald sun on who readers believe should win the Rising star.
Bonti is leading with 21% of the votes with Langdon second with 17%

LostDoggy
14-08-2014, 10:15 AM
There is a poll in the Herald sun on who readers believe should win the Rising star.
Bonti is leading with 21% of the votes with Langdon second with 17%

Thats factoring in the Collingwood hoard who will vote on anything Collingwood in droves. Remember Steele Sidebottom winning the best name in world sport.

Dancin' Douggy
18-08-2014, 03:56 PM
Bonti has narrowed to $1.33 in betting markets.

bornadog
18-08-2014, 04:41 PM
Bonti has narrowed to $1.33 in betting markets.
Started the year at 50

Pickenitup
18-08-2014, 05:11 PM
I think Bonti 's game yesterday has got him over the line for the rising star.
No other Young Player has had the impact Marcus has had on Games.
I have heard some people say he hasn't played every game but that's crap you have to look at the impact players have had on games and Bonti has had a massive impact on turning games around for us.

Remi Moses
18-08-2014, 05:24 PM
If I have to hear "What about Lewis Taylor?" One more time I will scream !
Taylor's had a great debut year, but Bontempelli has been a game breaker .

ratsmac
18-08-2014, 05:53 PM
If I have to hear "What about Lewis Taylor?" One more time I will scream !
Taylor's had a great debut year, but Bontempelli has been a game breaker .

I know yeah! I heard that twat Dwayne Russell say during the Collingwood Brisbane match "Taylor is pretty much etching his name on the rising star award at this rate," and Gerald Health chipped in and said "there's a young bloke at the western bulldogs that will have something to say about that." Like I don't really need another reason to hate Dwayne Russell and he comes out with that dribble.

Taylor is going to be a good player for sure, but he certainly no Marcus Bontempelli!

bornadog
19-08-2014, 12:26 AM
Round 21; Jake Lloyd - Swans

bornadog
26-08-2014, 11:17 PM
Round 22: Matt Taberner - Freo

Remi Moses
27-08-2014, 01:25 AM
I know yeah! I heard that twat Dwayne Russell say during the Collingwood Brisbane match "Taylor is pretty much etching his name on the rising star award at this rate," and Gerald Health chipped in and said "there's a young bloke at the western bulldogs that will have something to say about that." Like I don't really need another reason to hate Dwayne Russell and he comes out with that dribble.

Taylor is going to be a good player for sure, but he certainly no Marcus Bontempelli!

Someone put the boots in the other night. Russell was carrying on after Collingwoods win against GWS like it was their greatest ever achievement. Caller called AW and just told him to call the game and give the hysterics away, and good old Dwayno carried on like a 12 year old. For about 5 minutes sooked it up promising he won't be " happy" when calling anymore!
What a tosspot

Sedat
27-08-2014, 10:51 AM
Someone put the boots in the other night. Russell was carrying on after Collingwoods win against GWS like it was their greatest ever achievement. Caller called AW and just told him to call the game and give the hysterics away, and good old Dwayno carried on like a 12 year old. For about 5 minutes sooked it up promising he won't be " happy" when calling anymore!
What a tosspot
Come on Remi, it was a hell of a win against a side almost as undermanned and that has won 8 games in its entire history. Sign up Bucks for another 10 years.

Greystache
27-08-2014, 10:54 AM
Come on Remi, it was a hell of a win against a side almost as undermanned and that has won 8 games in its entire history. Sign up Bucks for another 10 years.

I couldn't agree more, get it done Collingwood. Also extend Davoren and the rest of the "dream team" that came together after Malthouse. It'll be funny watching the AFL trying to justify giving them 10 Friday night games each year when they're finishing 15th!

bornadog
27-08-2014, 11:45 AM
Who will be this year's Rising Star?

IF THE 2014 NAB AFL Rising Star Award goes the way our writers expect then it will be a very close race between the Western Bulldogs' Marcus Bontempelli and Brisbane Lion, Lewis Taylor.

There's no doubt midfielder Bontempelli has provided some amazing highlights and a genuine goal-of-the-year contender, but many of theAFL.com.au writers preferred the consistency of small forward Taylor.

read more h (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-08-27/who-will-be-this-years-rising-star)ere

LostDoggy
27-08-2014, 01:38 PM
Bonti needs a big one against the Giants to seal the deal. Because as mentioned in this article the AFL will do everything in it's power to ensure the academy player from an expansion market, gets the nod.

Everyone says it doesn't matter, but I will be filthy if The Bont doesn't win this award.

Remi Moses
27-08-2014, 02:40 PM
Bontempelli's got a great highlights reel?
WTF? Just emphasises there are to many people reporting on the game at the moment .
Love him to win it, but I won't be distraught if he doesn't.

KT31
27-08-2014, 11:14 PM
Bontempelli's got a great highlights reel?
WTF? Just emphasises there are to many people reporting on the game at the moment .
Love him to win it, but I won't be distraught if he doesn't.

Stringer has a great highlights reel, Bont's has stood up this season and been a leader on the field.
Like you I won't be upset if he doesn't win it, but IMO he deserves it.

bulldogtragic
27-08-2014, 11:28 PM
Sorry to buck the trend, but he's easily been the best eligible kid this year. By manufacturing a plastic team's kid to win it almost justifies Dwayne Russell's question to Bonts about whether he was concerned about being drafted by us. Just let sport be sport and let manufactured entertainment be just that.

Ozza
28-08-2014, 09:58 AM
I'm going along to the Rising Star next Wednesday. Will be shattered if Bonti doesn't win it!!

bornadog
28-08-2014, 10:00 AM
I'm going along to the Rising Star next Wednesday. Will be shattered if Bonti doesn't win it!!

We have never won this award and really deserve it this year. Bonti has been sensational and he is the best kid I have seen over 190cm since Chris Grant.

Enjoy the night (I hope)

jeemak
28-08-2014, 10:28 AM
Who is on the voting panel?

That will tell us whether we're in for disappointment or not.

Axe Man
28-08-2014, 03:48 PM
Leppitsch doing his bit to push Taylor and Aish:

No Queensland vote could rob Lion of Rising Star: Leppa (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-08-28/leppa-fearful-of-lion-snub)

Who is on the voting panel?

That will tell us whether we're in for disappointment or not.

The Rising Star selection panel is headed by AFL CEO Gillon McLachlan and also includes Kevin Bartlett, Luke Darcy, Mark Evans, Danny Frawley, Glen Jakovich, Cameron Ling, Matthew Richardson, Warren Tredrea and Kevin Sheehan.

Greystache
28-08-2014, 04:07 PM
The Rising Star selection panel is headed by AFL CEO Gillon McLachlan and also includes Kevin Bartlett, Luke Darcy, Mark Evans, Danny Frawley, Glen Jakovich, Cameron Ling, Matthew Richardson, Warren Tredrea and Kevin Sheehan.

*!*!*!*! me. Have you ever seen a bigger ragtag group reactionary agenda pushers. This is supposed to be a reputable award and that's the best group they can come up with!

I can imagine the conversations.

Kevin Bartlett- "Give it to the Richmond kid". Kevin there's no one from Richmond nominated. "What? This is an outrage, I demand a rule change to stop this happening again"

Luke Darcy- "I'd like to hear what everyone else thinks before I give my opinion."

Danny Frawley- Jason Dunstall looks like a gorilla, ha ha **Head wobble**

Glen Jackovic- "Dah I'm from Perf". Glen we're voting on the Rising Star Award. "Dah, Perf!!!"

Warren Tredrea- "*!*!*!*!en give it to the South Australian of I'll *!*!*!*!en smash ya". Which South Australian Warren? "Do you want me to *!*!*!*!en Smash ya?!"

Gillon McLachlan and Mark Evans- "Which winner would have the best marketing value for the league and sell the narrative we're pushing best? Hmmm, we vote for Josh Kelly".

Kevin Sheahan- "Well I haven't actually seen a game this year, but I remember I liked Jack Martin as an under 18, so him"

Matthew Richardson- "Rich Richo Man, what do ya reckon BT? BT??"

Cameron Ling- "What the *!*!*!*! am I doing in the room with these mutants".

Sedat
28-08-2014, 04:19 PM
He's had plenty of experience working with morons who have no understanding of the game, seeing as he is employed by Channel 7

Dancin' Douggy
28-08-2014, 05:02 PM
*!*!*!*! me. Have you ever seen a bigger ragtag group reactionary agenda pushers. This is supposed to be a reputable award and that's the best group they can come up with!

Kevin Bartlett- "Give it to the Richmond kid". Kevin there's no one from Richmond nominated. "What? This is an outrage, I demand a rule change to stop this happening again"

Luke Darcy- "I'd like to hear what everyone else thinks before I give my opinion."

Glen Jackovic- "Dah I'm from Perf". Glen we're voting on the Rising Star Award. "Dah, Perf!!!"

Warren Tredrea- "*!*!*!*!en give it to the South Australian of I'll *!*!*!*!en smash ya". Which South Australian Warren? "Do you want me to *!*!*!*!en Smash ya?!"

Gillon McLachlan and Mark Evans- "Which winner would have the best marketing value for the league and sell the narrative we're pushing best? Hmmm, we vote for Josh Kelly".

Kevin Sheahan- "Well I haven't actually seen a game this year, but I remember I liked Jack Martin as an under 18, so him"

Very funny stuff Greystache

Remi Moses
28-08-2014, 05:07 PM

Ahh made me chuckle

KT31
29-08-2014, 09:25 AM

Made me laugh Greystache.:)

LostDoggy
29-08-2014, 09:53 AM
Severe ignorance of the like/thanks buttons!

Murphy'sLore
29-08-2014, 11:41 AM
We need an additional ROTFLMAO button.

Greystache
29-08-2014, 12:08 PM
I've heard an update on the first round of voting from my spy at AFL house. It went like this;

Cameron Ling is reading them out

The first vote is from Danny Frawley- Great it's a drawing of what appears to be a gorilla pleasuring himself. "Get it, it's the Chief". Thanks Danny

Second is from Glen- Glen I specifically asked you not to write in Crayon... and this just says guilty... and guilty doesn't have a Z in it!

Next doesn't have a name on it, but it says 12 eggs, milk, bread, and 4 apples. Shifter Sheahan I think you may have written down this week's grocery shopping list. Anyway moving on.

Now we have Luke Darcy who's written- "I think they're all deserving winners, I love the way they all go about it, and everyone of them is an elite player in our competition". And Luke you've finished it by adding "Best in The Business". Terrific having you on the panel Luke.

Next up is Gillon who's written- "I vote for that kid from the expansion club, you know the one I'm talking about". No I don't Gillon but thanks for trying.

And now Mark Evans who's written- "the bloke that Gillon voted for". Thanks for that Mark.

Moving on to KB, you've written- "I don't know, just kick it long, that's what we did in the 70's and it worked". KB I think this might be your game plan from when you were coaching Richmond in the 80's.

This isn't going well, but we'll move onto Warren Tredrea- Warren it looks like you've just spat on the piece of paper and folded it up. "Get *!*!*!*!ed or I'll *!*!*!*!en smash ya". Ok, thanks again Warren.

And finally Richo- And it looks like he nodded off before he could cast a vote.

I think we're going to have to come back for another round of voting fellas, that's if I don't hang myself at the prospect of another meeting with you guys.

KT31
29-08-2014, 12:11 PM
Severe ignorance of the like/thanks buttons!

Like !

See what I did there ?:D

bornadog
01-09-2014, 04:47 PM

LostDoggy
01-09-2014, 05:19 PM
Hopefully Bont iced the award after his game on Sunday. Two goals (includng a clutch set shot in the last) plus 18 odd possesions.

Scorlibo
02-09-2014, 10:24 AM
I don't like the narrative that's emerging with Lewis Taylor as the undersold and romantic trier who is being overshadowed by just a highlights reel - The Bont. There's only one explanation for anyone in the media thinking along these lines: they don't watch our games. Bontempelli has been as consistent as anyone in the last half of the season and now deserves this award. He didn't have it won when he became favourite, but he should now.

Ozza
02-09-2014, 10:28 AM
I don't like the narrative that's emerging with Lewis Taylor as the undersold and romantic trier who is being overshadowed by just a highlights reel - The Bont. There's only one explanation for anyone in the media thinking along these lines: they don't watch our games. Bontempelli has been as consistent as anyone in the last half of the season and now deserves this award. He didn't have it won when he became favourite, but he should now.

Summed up my thoughts exactly.
And now that I'm going along, I'm finding myself more invested in the result!!
To me, Taylor racks up possessions, but is a dime a dozen. Bonti is a special player who is already influencing games.
You only have to have seen him last weekend....game up for grabs and has a set shot from 50 - WHACK! He's a big time player, and can do both the grunt work and the flashy stuff.

westdog54
02-09-2014, 10:32 AM
I've heard an update on the first round of voting from my spy at AFL house. It went like this;

Cameron Ling is reading them out

The first vote is from Danny Frawley- Great it's a drawing of what appears to be a gorilla pleasuring himself. "Get it, it's the Chief". Thanks Danny

Second is from Glen- Glen I specifically asked you not to write in Crayon... and this just says guilty... and guilty doesn't have a Z in it!

Next doesn't have a name on it, but it says 12 eggs, milk, bread, and 4 apples. Shifter Sheahan I think you may have written down this week's grocery shopping list. Anyway moving on.

Now we have Luke Darcy who's written- "I think they're all deserving winners, I love the way they all go about it, and everyone of them is an elite player in our competition". And Luke you've finished it by adding "Best in The Business". Terrific having you on the panel Luke.

Next up is Gillon who's written- "I vote for that kid from the expansion club, you know the one I'm talking about". No I don't Gillon but thanks for trying.

And now Mark Evans who's written- "the bloke that Gillon voted for". Thanks for that Mark.

Moving on to KB, you've written- "I don't know, just kick it long, that's what we did in the 70's and it worked". KB I think this might be your game plan from when you were coaching Richmond in the 80's.

This isn't going well, but we'll move onto Warren Tredrea- Warren it looks like you've just spat on the piece of paper and folded it up. "Get *!*!*!*!ed or I'll *!*!*!*!en smash ya". Ok, thanks again Warren.

And finally Richo- And it looks like he nodded off before he could cast a vote.

I think we're going to have to come back for another round of voting fellas, that's if I don't hang myself at the prospect of another meeting with you guys.

This reminds me of Will Ferrell doing 'Celebrity Jeopardy' on SNL.

Bontempelli was outstanding yesterday.

bornadog
02-09-2014, 10:33 AM
This reminds me of Will Ferrell doing 'Celebrity Jeopardy' on SNL.

Bontempelli was outstanding yesterday.

Wasn't bad on Sunday either. How did he go with Mad Monday, he is only 18 :D

LostDoggy
02-09-2014, 10:34 AM

Taylor was one of my favorites from the draft. Couldn't belive he slipped so far with his reading of the play, pace and dual disposal ability. If the award goes by consistant performances across the year then Bonts should have the Terang-Mortlake Flyer biting his heels.

westdog54
02-09-2014, 10:36 AM
Wasn't bad on Sunday either. How did he go with Mad Monday, he is only 18 :D

What can I say? The last couple of days have just mashed into one angry rant for me. :)

Scorlibo
02-09-2014, 10:45 AM
My most respected statistical indicator: http://www.afl.com.au/stats/player-ratings/overall-standings#first_year_players/true

Bont is a clear standout being second on the list with only 16 games played.

Maddog37
02-09-2014, 01:33 PM
At the end of the day Bonts is a Bulldog and that is what matters.

bornadog
02-09-2014, 02:17 PM
At the end of the day Bonts is a Bulldog and that is what matters.

Nice to win the award and promote our club with positive news.

westdog54
02-09-2014, 02:31 PM

BAD before the thread goes on any further, can I offer my sincere thanks for the work you have put into creating and updating this thread.

bornadog
02-09-2014, 02:33 PM
BAD before the thread goes on any further, can I offer my sincere thanks for the work you have put into creating and updating this thread.
Thank you.

kruder
02-09-2014, 06:07 PM
When is it announced?

bornadog
02-09-2014, 06:08 PM
When is it announced?

Tomorrow

Bulldog4life
02-09-2014, 06:24 PM
Going to be on SEN from Noon onwards.

LostDoggy
03-09-2014, 01:39 PM
Lewy Taylor has been back into around $2 in last couple of hours. Not good signs...

bornadog
03-09-2014, 01:41 PM
Lewy Taylor has been back into around $2 in last couple of hours. Not good signs...

Yeah I am not confident considering the selection panel.

Bulldog4life
03-09-2014, 01:52 PM
Kevin Bartlett made a point to say it is the player who played the best this year not who will be the best player in the future.

LostDoggy
03-09-2014, 01:57 PM
Kevin Bartlett made a point to say it is the player who played the best this year not who will be the best player in the future.

Still a strong case for Bonts hopefully. His impact on games has been greater than Taylor's..he just hasn't played as many of them...and he's still the shortest priced fav. Shouldn't matter, he's going to be a great play regardless, but i'll be seriously annoyed if he misses out.

Greystache
03-09-2014, 02:01 PM

So he's making his disclaimer of why he voted for Taylor.

It's virtually impossible to win it as a Melbourne based player. 6 of the previous 8 winners have been from interstate and the only time's they weren't were because there was no decent alternative those years. Yet at the same time you have cretins like Bartlett and Mike Sheahan accusing anyone suggesting a Melbourne based player might win of narrowing mindedly ignoring anyone outside Melbourne.

Webby
03-09-2014, 02:02 PM

Bartlett's been running that line for ages because he enjoys going against the grain.

If I know the AFL, in a two horse race between us and a sacred cow expansion club, the expansion club will get the chocolates every time... Not that the Norwich Rising Star is particularly important, anyway.. I recall Anthony Bannick (?) beating Chris Grant out in 1990..

Bulldog4life
03-09-2014, 02:03 PM
So he's making his disclaimer of why he voted for Taylor.

It's virtually impossible to win it as a Melbourne based player. 6 of the previous 8 winners have been from players and that's only because there was no decent alternative those years. Yet at the same time you have cretins like Bartlett and Mike Sheahan accusing anyone suggesting a Melbourne based player might win of narrowing mindedly ignoring anyone outside Melbourne.

Thought the same thing.

Bulldog4life
03-09-2014, 02:05 PM
Bartlett's been running that line for ages because he enjoys going against the grain.

If I know the AFL, in a two horse race between us and a sacred cow expansion club, the expansion club will get the chocolates every time... Not that the Norwich Rising Star is particularly important, anyway.. I recall Anthony Bannick (?) beating Chris Grant out in 1990..

He also the one who didn't give Ryan Griffen a vote if I remember correct....I think that is right.

Greystache
03-09-2014, 02:10 PM
He also the one who didn't give Ryan Griffen a vote if I remember correct....I think that is right.

That was only to make sure Deledio was less chance to lose it. His argument was he hadn't seen a Bulldogs game that season so he couldn't reasonably give Griffen a vote, yet that being the case he thought it was still reasonable he be on the panel.

The bloke's a tool, football will take a big step forward the day he's permanently gone from it. On a side note I watched some of the 1995 State of Origin game on Foxtel last night, if that's the football Bartlett is desperate for us to return to I'll stop watching. What a shithouse standard that was, terrible skills, no strategy, and boring as batshit. Got about a quarter into it and turned it off.

Bulldog4life
03-09-2014, 02:17 PM
3 judges votes counted Bonti voted 2nd 3rd and 4th I think. Doesn't look likely to win. Cameron Ling had him 4th.

bornadog
03-09-2014, 02:17 PM
Based on Stats compared to all Rising Stars:

Bonti
Ranked 1st among rising stars in Total Inside 50s
Ranked 1st among rising stars in Inside 50s Per Game
Ranked 2nd among rising stars in Contested Possessions Per Game
Ranked 4th among rising stars in Clearances Per Game
Ranked 3rd among rising stars in Total Contested Marks
Ranked 3rd among rising stars in Total Clearances

Stringer

Ranked 4th among rising stars in Total Goal Assists
Ranked 1st among rising stars in Total Goals
Ranked 3rd among rising stars in Total Contested Marks
Ranked 1st among rising stars in Goals Per Game
Ranked 4th among rising stars in Marks Inside 50 Per Game

Hrovat

Ranked 2nd among rising stars in Disposals Per Game
Ranked 2nd among rising stars in Contested Possessions Per Game
Ranked 2nd among rising stars in Handballs Per Game

Taylor

Ranked 3rd among rising stars in Total Inside 50s
Ranked 1st among rising stars in Total Kicks
Ranked 1st among rising stars in Total Disposals
Ranked 2nd among rising stars in Total Handballs
Ranked 3rd among rising stars in Uncontested Possessions Per Game
Ranked 3rd among rising stars in Total Effective Disposals

Bulldog4life
03-09-2014, 02:21 PM
Aish has got a number of good votes.

bornadog
03-09-2014, 02:22 PM
Where are you seeing that B4L

LostDoggy
03-09-2014, 02:22 PM
Bont also kicked 15 goals from the midfield. Taylor was like 11 playing half forward in every game. Anyway I know who I'd rather in the tri-colours. Actually I'd keep all 3 of our nominees over Taylor.

bornadog
03-09-2014, 02:26 PM
Bonti leads the voting

LostDoggy
03-09-2014, 02:26 PM
Bonti now has the lead! Go you good thing!!

Bulldog4life
03-09-2014, 02:27 PM
Where are you seeing that B4L

Listening on SEN. Bonti on top now with 18 votes!

bornadog
03-09-2014, 02:30 PM
Listening on SEN. Bonti on top now with 18 votes!

Yes thanks, I have it on in the background as well while I work, so missed the initial votes.

Bulldog4life
03-09-2014, 02:32 PM
Yes thanks, I have it on in the background as well while I work, so missed the initial votes.

Ditto BAD. Half way mark. 5 judges to go.

Twodogs
03-09-2014, 02:32 PM
Go Bont!

LostDoggy
03-09-2014, 02:33 PM
Bont - 18 Votes
Taylor - 16 Votes
McDonald - 15 Votes
Aish - 14 Votes

Half way point.

KT31
03-09-2014, 02:39 PM
Go you good thing !!!

Scorlibo
03-09-2014, 02:43 PM
Stringer without a vote so far... crazy.

bornadog
03-09-2014, 02:45 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BwlCjEcCcAMmCDk.jpg:large

LostDoggy
03-09-2014, 02:47 PM
KB still hasn't voted. Which is a real worry....

bornadog
03-09-2014, 02:48 PM

Was a Bulldog supporter growing up - come on KB, 5 votes to Bonti

Greystache
03-09-2014, 02:49 PM

Don't be surprised if he doesn't give the Bonti a single vote. Not only does he cast his own votes, he tries to elevate their importance by leaving out his choice's natural contender.

Scorlibo
03-09-2014, 02:53 PM
Bontempelli, Stringer and Hrovat were number one, two and four respectively for player ratings points per game this season:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-02/aish-is-ratings-rising-star

1. Bontempelli - 11.7 points per game
2. Stringer - 10.3 ppg
3. Dunstan - 10.2 ppg
4. Hrovat - 9.5 ppg
5. Langdon - 9.4 ppg
6. Aish - 9.3 ppg

If the AFL were serious about this award, they would give it based on their own official player ratings! Take the media bias out of it!

Bulldog4life
03-09-2014, 02:54 PM
On a positive note KB was at our last game.

LostDoggy
03-09-2014, 02:57 PM
Did Macca just say that "With Crossy, Boydy and Cal Ward leaving our midfield we had to build it"

Scorlibo
03-09-2014, 02:58 PM
Did Macca just say that "With Crossy, Boydy and Cal Ward leaving our midfield we had to build it"

In the time frame he was talking about, Crossy hadn't left either. I think he was talking about long-term midfield making.

bornadog
03-09-2014, 02:59 PM
Macca talking about the Beast - Power to weight ratio tested off the scale - Stringeeeeeeerr

Bulldog4life
03-09-2014, 03:02 PM

Yes I was surprised too.....

Scorlibo
03-09-2014, 03:34 PM
Taylor - 30
Bontempelli - 29
McDonald - 26

Two sets of votes still to come. Would be laughable if Taylor won imo.

bornadog
03-09-2014, 03:35 PM
Not only does he cast his own votes, he tries to elevate their importance by leaving out his choice's natural contender.

Virtually spot on giving McDonald the 5 votes - bloody wanker

bulldogsthru&thru
03-09-2014, 03:36 PM
Taylor - 30
Bontempelli - 29
McDonald - 26

Two sets of votes still to come. Would be laughable if Taylor won imo.

one vote left. not looking likely. not too fussed as its a laugh who actually votes for this. means nothing

Greystache
03-09-2014, 03:39 PM
Virtually spot on giving McDonald the 5 votes - bloody wanker

What was his 5-1?

Sedat
03-09-2014, 03:40 PM
What was his 5-1?
McDonald, Taylor, Bontempelli, Aish, Dunstan

LostDoggy
03-09-2014, 03:40 PM
What was his 5-1?

McDonald
Taylor
Bont
Aish
Dunston

(Not 100% sure on the last 2)

bornadog
03-09-2014, 03:41 PM
What was his 5-1?
McDonald 5, Taylor 4, Bonti 3

Greystache
03-09-2014, 03:43 PM
McDonald, Taylor, Bontempelli, Aish, Dunstan

Nothing like a small lockdown defender with average skills to scream rising star :rolleyes:

bornadog
03-09-2014, 03:48 PM
Go Bonti

Scorlibo
03-09-2014, 03:48 PM
(*&Y((&*^(^(*&(*&*(!!!!

Fuming.

bornadog
03-09-2014, 03:49 PM
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

craigsahibee
Come 2025 I think we will be miles in front of today's count.

Scorlibo
Taylor - 39
Bontempelli - 38

bulldogsthru&thru
03-09-2014, 03:50 PM
Screwed once again. oh well id prefer Bonts career to do the talking than some pitiful award which became a joke when Deledio won it

Bulldog4life
03-09-2014, 03:51 PM
Bloody Danny Frawley...you idiot.

bornadog
03-09-2014, 03:51 PM

and KB

LostDoggy
03-09-2014, 03:52 PM

surprised he showed up! Go back to the asylum you maggot!

bornadog
03-09-2014, 03:53 PM

Sums up the voting

Greystache
03-09-2014, 03:55 PM
No surprise. Factor in the 20% loading to any interstate contender and it's very difficult for a Melbourne based player.

Anyone got the list of votes.

KT31
03-09-2014, 03:55 PM

You are among friends, you will be forgiven if you use sterner languish if you like.
I know I did !!!!!

Drunken Bum
03-09-2014, 03:56 PM
It really doesn't bother me that Bonts didn't win, it's a nothing award and it was to be expected but god i hate how contrived they make these things. There's no doubt in my mind that they sit around and decide what order the votes should be read out to try and generate some excitement which is completely nullified by the fact that the presenters already know the winner and do a terrible job of making it exciting at all.
Just further proof that the afl is sports entertainment more than a sport in my mind

Axe Man
03-09-2014, 03:56 PM
The selectors' votes were as follows:

Gillon McLachlan
5 – Lewis Taylor
4 – Marcus Bontempelli
3 – Luke McDonald
2 – James Aish
1 – Harry Cunningham

Mark Evans
5 – Lewis Taylor
4 – Marcus Bontempelli
3 – James Aish
2 – Luke Dunstan
1 – Harry Cunningham

Danny Frawley
5 – Lewis Taylor
4 – Marcus Bontempelli
3 – Luke McDonald
2 – Kade Kolodjashnij
1 – Harry Cunningham

Warren Tredrea
5 – Luke McDonald
4 – Marcus Bontempelli
3 – Lewis Taylor
2 – Kade Kolodjashnij
1 – Jarman Impey

Glen Jakovich
5 – Lewis Taylor
4 – James Aish
3 – Marcus Bontempelli
2 – Luke McDonald
1 – Luke Dunstan

Cameron Ling
5 – James Aish
4 – Luke McDonald
3 – Tom Langdon
2 – Marcus Bontempelli
1 – Luke Dunstan

Luke Darcy
5 – Marcus Bontempelli
4 – Luke McDonald
3 – Lewis Taylor
2 – Kade Kolodjashnij
1 – James Aish

Matthew Richardson
5 – Lewis Taylor
4 – Marcus Bontempelli
3 – Luke McDonald
2 – James Aish
1 – Josh Kelly

Kevin Bartlett
5 – Luke McDonald
4 – Lewis Taylor
3 – Marcus Bontempelli
2 – James Aish
1 – Luke Dunstan

Kevin Sheehan
5 – Marcus Bontempelli
4 – Lewis Taylor
3 – Luke McDonald
2 – Tom Langdon
1 – Kade Kolodjashnij

LostDoggy
03-09-2014, 03:57 PM
genuinely annoyed and disappointed. FU AFL :mad:

jeemak
03-09-2014, 03:58 PM
So why do people rate Cameron Ling again?

bulldogsthru&thru
SO Lingy screwed us the most!

Bulldog4life
Cameron Ling didn't give Taylor a vote!

LostDoggy
It really doesn't bother me that Bonts didn't win, it's a nothing award and it was to be expected but god i hate how contrived they make these things. There's no doubt in my mind that they sit around and decide what order the votes should be read in to try and generate some excitement which is completely nullified by the fact that the presenters already know the winner and do a terrible job of making it exciting at all.
Just further proof that the afl is sports entertainment more than a sport in my mind

I don't mind it in the Brownlow. Needs to be an investigation regarding a leak though. What were the betting fluctuations on Taylor today?

Bulldog4life
03-09-2014, 03:59 PM
I don't mind it in the Brownlow. Needs to be an investigation regarding a leak though. What were the betting fluctuations on Taylor today?

Came in quite a bit...not sure how many points though.

LostDoggy
03-09-2014, 04:01 PM
Should have stopped voting at Gill. He is a legitimate COAT!

bulldogsthru&thru
03-09-2014, 04:01 PM
At the end of the day its an award judged by hacks contrived by the useless media who think games are won based on possessions. Lucky for us games of football are not decided this way so lets just see how Bonts career plays out :)

Greystache
03-09-2014, 04:03 PM
No shock Gillon and Mark Evans had the expansion market player at the top, that's 7 of the last 9 winners from interstate clubs.

It's as contrived as everything else in the AFL, merely a marketing opportunity masquerading as an award. And they wonder why people in Victoria are walking away from the game in droves.

Drunken Bum
03-09-2014, 04:05 PM

I find it excruciatingly painful the way the brownlow votes are read with unnecessarily long pauses especially if a player happens to have the same first initial as someone who the votes might be important to, so cringeworthy, just read the votes already.

LostDoggy
03-09-2014, 04:06 PM
Happy and surprised Darcy did the right thing!