View Full Version : 2014 AFL - Round 3 Discussion

Eastdog
02-04-2014, 08:09 PM
Round 3 Fixture

Date Home vs Away Venue AEDT Local TV

Fri 4 Apr Hawthorn v Fremantle Dockers MCG 7:50pm 7:50pm Seven

Sat 5 Apr Western Bulldogs v Richmond Etihad Stadium 1:45pm 1:45pm Seven

Sat 5 Apr Adelaide Crows v Sydney Swans Adelaide Oval 2:10pm 1:40pm Foxtel

Sat 5 Apr Gold Coast Suns v Brisbane Lions Metricon Stadium 4:40pm 3:40pm Foxtel

Sat 5 Apr West Coast Eagles v St Kilda Patersons Stadium 7:40pm 4:40pm Foxtel

Sat 5 Apr Collingwood v Geelong Cats MCG 7:40pm 7:40pm Seven

Sun 6 Apr GWS Giants v Melbourne GIANTS Stadium 1:10pm 1:10pm Foxtel

Sun 6 Apr North Melbourne v Port Adelaide Etihad Stadium 4:10pm 4:10pm Foxtel

Sun 6 Apr Essendon v Carlton MCG 7:10pm 7:10pm Seven

Eastdog
04-04-2014, 08:44 PM
Tipped Hawthorn tonight by 8 points as it was the margin game in our WOOF tipping comp. Outsiders I went for were Brisbane over Gold Coast and as I always do each week tip us against Richmond :)

bulldogsman
04-04-2014, 09:32 PM
Freo getting smashed in the contest.

bulldogtragic
04-04-2014, 10:52 PM
Can you believe we were at the same rebuilding stage at the same time as this Hawthorn side.

Remi Moses
05-04-2014, 01:03 AM
We started our rebuild when McCartney came in .
Hawks started when Clarkson took over in 04.
I'll never forget Steve Quartermain commenting onair when the appointment was made
"Obviously they're really struggling" . Hmmm
Great targeting of mature players and addressed their needs for quick
skilled ball users.

Something we need to do
Very un-freo type performance tonight

Sedat
05-04-2014, 01:37 PM
Grand Final replay. Friday night prime time footy. The perfect stage for Spangher's return :)

Greystache
05-04-2014, 09:01 PM
Grand Final replay. Friday night prime time footy. The perfect stage for Spangher's return :)

And cheesy Barlow running through the midfield of the VFL game today :D

bulldogtragic
05-04-2014, 10:32 PM
St Kilda equal score near 3 qtr time is showing just how bad we were. I'd like to think were miles in front of that gutter trash rabble.

Taylor Adams is a garden variety thug, I really, really, really dislike him.

Remi Moses
05-04-2014, 10:56 PM
St Kilda equal score near 3 qtr time is showing just how bad we were. I'd like to think were miles in front of that gutter trash rabble.

Thinking the same re. Adams .
Master of the cheap shot

Greystache
05-04-2014, 11:08 PM

Pathetic faux hard man dwarf.

Don't worry I'm sure he'll get another conviction shortly and be put in prison where he belongs. Fits right in at Collingwood.

bulldogtragic
05-04-2014, 11:10 PM
I might set a few off. But Geelong got Selwood and Hawkins for a first and third round pick for a generation while we've been paying for our father sons. Watching them both dominate annoys me for some reason.

bulldogtragic
05-04-2014, 11:15 PM
Pathetic faux hard man dwarf.

Don't worry I'm sure he'll get another conviction shortly and be put in prison where he belongs. Fits right in at Collingwood.

Maybe he and Marley can call Dids to go round bashing at strip joints and shoot guns with outlaw would be murderers. We might not have the couple of premierships they have the last 50 years, but I put a price on club fabric, principles and people that represent my jumper and my people. They can smelt their cups to keep raising bail while we wait patiently for success.

Remi Moses
06-04-2014, 03:34 AM
Not having brown or Reid has hurt the pies significantly.
Geelong just keep on winning
Stkilda put in a spirited effort against the eagles.
Brisbane have lost Daniel Rich for 12 months. They're in for a world of pain.

ledge
06-04-2014, 08:38 AM
Our father sons are travelling pretty well, what's there to
Be upset about ? Hawkins was a father son .
Hunter and liberatore and wallis are all better than Hawkins in my opinion, and both hunter and liberatore could be better than Selwood.
We picked up
Blokes like Honeychurch at 60, now that's cream that has the potential to float right to
The top, keep an eye out for him.

Mantis
06-04-2014, 09:51 AM
Hunter and liberatore and wallis are all better than Hawkins in my opinion, and both hunter and liberatore could be better than Selwood.
We picked up
Blokes like Honeychurch at 60, now that's cream that has the potential to float right to

Did you have a big night on the drink?

bulldogtragic
06-04-2014, 11:01 AM
We picked up

Hawkins was picked in the third round, despite the fact he would have gone in the top few picks. Jon Brown was taken on a lower threshold that would have seen us in the same threshold have picked up Ben Reid and Sam Reid and Billie Smedts etc. I find it frustrating that the rules were ok just long enough to change them to stuff us.

Remi Moses
06-04-2014, 02:30 PM
I see Kim Koster has a son coming through.
Koster played 90 odd games for the crows.
I feel distinctively very bloody old!!

Remi Moses
06-04-2014, 04:31 PM
Going to hurt The Dees seeing Josh Kelly at pick 2 star.
Tyson's going to be a good player, but this kid's elite.

mjp
06-04-2014, 05:59 PM
Going to hurt The Dees seeing Josh Kelly at pick 2 star.
Tyson's going to be a good player, but this kid's elite.

Elite - and a hair away from being a West Coast Father-Son (his Dad won two Sandovers playing for East Perth in the late '70s. I have no idea how long Kelly spent at North Melbourne but he would have been there long enough to play 100 games...he might have been close to Father Son there as well.

Remi Moses
06-04-2014, 07:08 PM
Elite - and a hair away from being a West Coast Father-Son (his Dad won two Sandovers playing for East Perth in the late '70s. I have no idea how long Kelly spent at North Melbourne but he would have been there long enough to play 100 games...he might have been close to Father Son there as well.

I remember Dad Beeing a rangy left footer off half back.
Very much the quintessential WA player of the time( nice kick and liked the open spaces)

G-Mo77
06-04-2014, 08:10 PM
I turned on the TV and found the footy on live tonight. I'm pretty ignorant when the Bulldogs aren't playing. Sunday night footy seems to be here and here to stay. Personally I don't like it, what's everyone else's thoughts.

GVGjr
06-04-2014, 08:21 PM
I turned on the TV and found the footy on live tonight. I'm pretty ignorant when the Bulldogs aren't playing. Sunday night footy seems to be here and here to stay. Personally I don't like it, what's everyone else's thoughts.

Not really for me but if the Dogs are playing I will do my best to get there.

I suppose it's entertaining for the fans that prefer the TV but near on impossible to take kids to the game and have them front up to school bright eyed on a Monday

lemmon
06-04-2014, 08:34 PM
Pains me to say it but how good do Essendon look? I wouldn't say they have many genuine stars but just have good, even quality on all lines. Will be top four

Sedat
06-04-2014, 08:37 PM
Played 60-odd games I heard on the radio this weekend.

Greystache
06-04-2014, 08:40 PM
Pains me to say it but how good do Essendon look? I wouldn't say they have many genuine stars but just have good, even quality on all lines. Will be top four

Their recruiting from the state leagues has been excellent. Hibberd, Baguley, Bellchambers, Ambrose, Hardingham etc. What I wouldn't give to go back to 2009 and choose Carlisle with our first pick.

G-Mo77
06-04-2014, 09:19 PM
On paper you'd think Carlton are good enough for finals. They look like a rabble right now, Judd out obviously hurts, they just don't seem to have it.

G-Mo77
06-04-2014, 09:31 PM
Gotta love channel 7. A heart rate monitor on the coach, really highlighting what the people want to see.

bornadog
06-04-2014, 11:15 PM
On paper you'd think Carlton are good enough for finals. They look like a rabble right now, Judd out obviously hurts, they just don't seem to have it.

Although I hate Essendon, I hate Carlton even more and to see them get thumped finishes off a great weekend.

Remi Moses
07-04-2014, 02:21 AM
Gotta love channel 7. A heart rate monitor on the coach, really highlighting what the people want to see.

What about the awful magazine style show on Saturday night. The lie detector, the fluffy garbage.

Remi Moses
07-04-2014, 02:26 AM
The issue for Carlton is they refuse to realise where they're at.
They talked up a list "cull" at the end of last season( kept everyone)
They basically got into the finals by Essendon's stupidity, then beat a team who choked and thought their list wasn't that bad after all.
They refuse to "rebuild", hey because Carlton don't rebuild.Constantly mired in the old Football world of thinking.

chef
07-04-2014, 07:15 AM
Not really for me but if the Dogs are playing I will do my best to get there.

I suppose it's entertaining for the fans that prefer the TV but near on impossible to take kids to the game and have them front up to school bright eyed on a Monday

Pretty sure it's a school holidays thing.

Bulldog Joe
08-04-2014, 09:14 AM
The issue for Carlton is they refuse to realise where they're at.
They talked up a list "cull" at the end of last season( kept everyone)
They basically got into the finals by Essendon's stupidity, then beat a team who choked and thought their list wasn't that bad after all.
They refuse to "rebuild", hey because Carlton don't rebuild.Constantly mired in the old Football world of thinking.

Have a guy I see regularly who is a Carlton fan.
He was very keen in the pre-season and talked up Everitt's form.
My response was "if Everitt is the answer you're asking the wrong question"
I also told him I hoped Carlton could finish 2nd as that would make us premiers, because we would definitely finish ahead of them.

Last week he said Carlton are us bad as us and I confidently told him they were worse. Also predicted we would be at least 3 and 3 after 6 rounds.