PDA

View Full Version : Rocket - SEN

LostDoggy
25-10-2007, 07:41 PM
Did anyone hear it? It was one of the softest interviews ever. We got nothing out of it.

I really think he had a chance to set a few things straight and the interviewers went soft on him. It's all just a mate chatting to a mate on there rather than getting him to start addressing some of the issues that we all know about.

The Coon Dog
25-10-2007, 08:06 PM
The only thing I got was a feeling that Rocket & the Club, couldn't give a stuff about Jordan McMahon. Seemed very happy that we got pick 19 for him.

Did say the defensive coach had been appointed but wouldn't name him. When pressed by Robbo he did say he hadn't played with him & he was a Premiership player. It's Peter Dean (according to bee dee on BF, who is generally on the mark).

He also said NO to the club acquiring Ben Cousins.

Mantis
25-10-2007, 08:27 PM
Liked how he threw it back on Robbo re: the McMahon issue. Other than that it was a bit disappointing, but I suppose there isn't really much to talk about.

And on Robbo, he would have it be the worst interviewer around, likes to remain everyone's mate and doesn't have the balls to ask a tough question as it may offend and get someone off-side. As Mr T says, "Get some nuts!!!'

LostDoggy
25-10-2007, 08:39 PM
Liked how he threw it back on Robbo re: the McMahon issue. Other than that it was a bit disappointing, but I suppose there isn't really much to talk about.

And on Robbo, he would have it be the worst interviewer around, likes to remain everyone's mate and doesn't have the balls to ask a tough question as it may offend and get someone off-side. As Mr T says, "Get some nuts!!!'

There is heaps to talk about.

Rocket why did you lose Matthew Drain? Why would he leave the Dogs to go to the Saints?
Who is now the senior assistant coach?

Rocket Caroline Wilson alluded to the fact that you and Campbell Rose aren't on speaking terms? Is this correct or not?

Rocket what does the Williamstown alignment give that the Werribee one didn't?
Where you happy that the Werribee alignment dissolved?

Rocket what will you be doing to address the shocking display that the Doggies put on over the last 7 weeks of the season?

It was the fluffiest of interviews and seriously SEN need to lift their game when they get coaches on.

LostDoggy
25-10-2007, 08:42 PM

He didnt mind potting us in the Hun last week with all the support staff changes, I was waiting for him to bring it up, but he didnt.........soft.

Bulldog Revolution
25-10-2007, 08:49 PM

Rocket why did you lose Matthew Drain? Why would he leave the Dogs to go to the Saints?

Rocket Caroline Wilson alluded to the fact that you and Campbell Rose aren't on speaking terms? Is this correct or not?

Rocket what will you be doing to address the shocking display that the Doggies put on over the last 7 weeks of the season?

It was the fluffiest of interviews and seriously SEN need to lift their game when they get coaches on.

I didn't hear the interview but there are certainly a lot of questions to be answered - nice to see you laying them out like that Billy

Sockeye Salmon
25-10-2007, 09:34 PM
The only thing I got was a feeling that Rocket & the Club, couldn't give a stuff about Jordan McMahon. Seemed very happy that we got pick 19 for him.

Did say the defensive coach had been appointed but wouldn't name him. When pressed by Robbo he did say he hadn't played with him & he was a Premiership player. It's Peter Dean (according to bee dee on BF, who is generally on the mark).

He also said NO to the club acquiring Ben Cousins.

Robbo also asked if the guy was a former Carlton player and Eade kinda admitted it was. I immediately thought Peter Dean.

Robbo also said he thought pick 19 was way over the odds for McMahon and Eade admitted he was pretty happy with the outcome.

LostDoggy
25-10-2007, 09:35 PM
The are only catering for their masses.
Have you heard some of the people that ring into SEN, they couldn't put 2 and 2 together.

westdog54
25-10-2007, 09:42 PM
The are only catering for their masses.
Have you heard some of the people that ring into SEN, they couldn't put 2 and 2 together.

Like that Carl from West Footscray?

LostDoggy
25-10-2007, 09:48 PM

Well maybe at times. I tried listening on the way home about 4:30 and I felt like smashing the car it was so inane.

I consider Francis Leach an intelligent man from his background of the Indie music scene, 3RRR, and being an association and Australia football fan. I don't know how he can work with Schwatter and some of the half wits that ring in.

LostDoggy
25-10-2007, 09:55 PM
Well maybe at times. I tried listening on the way home about 4:30 and I felt like smashing the car it was so inane.

I consider Francis Leach an intelligent man from his background of the Indie music scene, 3RRR, and being an association and Australia football fan. I don't know how he can work with Schwatter and some of the half wits that ring in.

The format is all wrong. They open the lines to much to idiots and I find I'm switiching channels because I'm getting sick of the whole happy birthday OX rubbish. Does every caller think really it's still funny?

They are also giving idiots the chance to show the audience that they are idiots and yet go soft and cut short interviews with coaches and spotsmen. Come 6pm I think I might switch back to AW.

Sockeye Salmon
25-10-2007, 10:03 PM
The format is all wrong. They open the lines to much to idiots and I find I'm switiching channels because I'm getting sick of the whole happy birthday OX rubbish. Does every caller think really it's still funny?

They are also giving idiots the chance to show the audience that they are idiots and yet go soft and cut short interviews with coaches and spotsmen. Come 6pm I think I might switch back to AW.

I find that I listen for a while before inevitably screaming out "shut up you ****wit" and turning the radio off. 10 minutes later I turn it back on and start again.

Repeat until you vomit.

LostDoggy
25-10-2007, 10:08 PM
I find that I listen for a while before inevitably screaming out "shut up you ****wit" and turning the radio off. 10 minutes later I turn it back on and start again.

Repeat until you vomit.

I'm very tempted to write to them and list all the things they are doing wrong. I wonder if a petition might work?
I have been finding myself actually turning the sound down. Surely they know that a lot of people are getting very iritated with it.
Andrew Maher isn't one of my favourites but he makes sure that the morning show isn't over taken by idiot callers. It's never the less dragged down in a big way by Brownless though.

Twodogs
25-10-2007, 11:20 PM

He'd know that 2 + 2 = 5, dont you worry about that.

Mantis
26-10-2007, 09:37 AM

I will answer all them for you, or give you the answers Eade would have given.

1. Matthew Drain - Left for a better opportunity.

2. Senior assistant - What do you mean? Was Bond this as he had been there the longest? Does it really matter..

3. CEO/ Coach relationship - (What is he going to say they hate each other??? Get real.)

4. Willi swap - (Would probably never say this, but..) Now have control of the coach with Brad Gotch at the helm. Will be in a much better position to control the development of the young players... No mixed messages.

5. Last 7 weeks - Will train very hard through the pre-season.. Obviously our fitness, depth and size were shown up. Had a few injuries which knocked us around as well as quite a few who ran out of steam due to no pre-season. In a much better position this year with Skip the only player who will have an interrupted start to the pre-season.

aker39
26-10-2007, 09:58 AM
3. CEO/ Coach relationship - (What is he going to say they hate each other??? Get real.)

The question needed to be asked.

A senior journalist has reported that the coach and CEO have had a major falling out. Any 1/2 decent journalist would have used the opportunity to grill Rocket on that.

Robbo is a shocking Journo. I rang a couple of weeks ago and asked him when he was going to do his one on one interview with Chris Grant. He managed to do one with Hird & Archer, yet couldn't manage to do one with Granty. I'm still waiting for it.

As soon as 6 o'clock comes around, I switch to 3AW, until Dwaynne pisses me off and I give up.

Mantis
26-10-2007, 10:19 AM
The question needed to be asked.

A senior journalist has reported that the coach and CEO have had a major falling out. Any 1/2 decent journalist would have used the opportunity to grill Rocket on that.

Robbo is a shocking Journo. I rang a couple of weeks ago and asked him when he was going to do his one on one interview with Chris Grant. He managed to do one with Hird & Archer, yet couldn't manage to do one with Granty. I'm still waiting for it.

As soon as 6 o'clock comes around, I switch to 3AW, until Dwaynne pisses me off and I give up.

Where has it been reported?? On some ABC program which no-one watches. If it was front page of Age sport or Caroline had wrote a featured article then it is worth while chasing. At present she has not named a team or the participants in this dispute. We all think it's us, but are we really sure??

I heard Robbo speak about the Grant interview and was of the understanding that Mark Stevens would be doing this interview over the coming months. Would make much more sense for Stevens to do the interview as he is a mad keen Dogs fan and would be in a better position to ask the questions we want answers to.

aker39
26-10-2007, 10:24 AM
. At present she has not named a team or the participants in this dispute. We all think it's us, but are we really sure??

You may not watch The Offsiders, but I do, and it is the best (only) sports show on free to air TV.

Caroline Wilson clearly said that there was a problen between the CEO and the coach at the Western Bulldogs.

Topdog
26-10-2007, 10:25 AM

They are doing things the American TV way. Much like Springer and the likes give the idiots a time to shine SEN does.

It's so annoying how so many of them have no ****ing idea what they are talking about. I swear the hosts are sometimes just as bad. They completely misinterpret interviews and then give out wrong information.

Mantis
26-10-2007, 10:30 AM
You may not watch The Offsiders, but I do, and it is the best (only) sports show on free to air TV.

Caroline Wilson clearly said that there was a problen between the CEO and the coach at the Western Bulldogs.

So why wasn't it picked up by the various other media outlets if it is such a big issue? Is it because we are not a high profile club or is it because it's a beat-up?

hargs37
26-10-2007, 10:33 AM
Hey I've just got back from ten days in the gold coast and SEN was straight on in the car as soon as the key was turned. !0 days without any sport news at all. the local rags are terrible, the Australian gave me nothing and every sentence they say ends with 'Ay'...Ay!

GVGjr
26-10-2007, 10:42 AM

2. Senior assistant - What do you mean? Was Bond this as he had been there the longest? Does it really matter..

4. Willi swap - (Would probably never say this, but..) Now have control of the coach with Brad Gotch at the helm. Will be in a much better position to control the development of the young players... No mixed messages.

5. Last 7 weeks - Will train very hard through the pre-season.. Obviously our fitness, depth and size were shown up. Had a few injuries which knocked us around as well as quite a few who ran out of steam due to no pre-season. In a much better position this year with Skip the only player who will have an interrupted start to the pre-season.

Follow up to question number one. "With Bond moving on there wasn't opportunities within the Dogs coaching structure?"

For question number three he either says there is no issues and it's just a beat up or he waters it down as a difference of opinion that has been sorted. At least it would be on record.

I don't see the sense in having him on if the intentions are not to ask the hard questions of him. We are fairly confident that there is some problems at the club and yet for whatever reasons the questions are not being asked of it.

Mantis
26-10-2007, 10:57 AM
Follow up to question number one. "With Bond moving on there wasn't opportunities within the Dogs coaching structure?"

For question number three he either says there is no issues and it's just a beat up or he waters it down as a difference of opinion that has been sorted. At least it would be on record.

I don't see the sense in having him on if the intentions are not to ask the hard questions of him. We are fairly confident that there is some problems at the club and yet for whatever reasons the questions are not being asked of it.

Drain was High Performance Manager, correct?? Did he have an official match-day role? I know he sat in on team selection, but not sure what his job entailed.

I would have thought the job at St.Kilda would be pretty similiar to one he had with us, amybe a bit more coin. It has been posted both here and on BF that he had an handshake agreement that he would have a job with us next year, but for some reason or another left, probably due to the uncertainty around our club at present. Probably jumped before you are pushed, but he was probably safe with us, but he probably didn't want to wait and find out.

Sockeye Salmon
26-10-2007, 11:16 AM
They are doing things the American TV way. Much like Springer and the likes give the idiots a time to shine SEN does.

It's so annoying how so many of them have no ****ing idea what they are talking about. I swear the hosts are sometimes just as bad. They completely misinterpret interviews and then give out wrong information.

Last night some clown rang up asking about the "Embley to Carlton in the PSD" rumour that Brian Waldron brought up last week.

Leech and Schwartz then started waffling on about how much room Carlton would have in their salary cap and the concensus was they could afford him.

EMBLEY IS STILL CONTRACTED, YOU MORONS!
EVERYONE IN FOOTBALL KNOWS IT AND SO SHOULD YOU!

LostDoggy
26-10-2007, 02:15 PM

You seem to think Eade is incapable of giving honest or straight forward answers which is surprising. I might be wrong with that assumption but I for one expect him to provide honest answers when interviewed otherwise he simply shouldn't do them.
I also expect that when SEN announce that they will be interviewing Rodney Eade that they actually interview him rather than just having a lightweight chat. They are clearly either under prepared or don't want to challenge the status quo with a fellow SEN colleague.

The questions I originally posed were just off the top of my head but ones that I thought the interview would be roughly based on which clearly it wasn't.

By the way in my opinion a senior assistant coach is hugely important to the club. At the moment it looks like it's Leon Cameron who would fill in for Eade on match day if he was sick or not available on the day.

I fully intend to write to Robbo and tell him what I think.

Mantis
26-10-2007, 03:12 PM
You seem to think Eade is incapable of giving honest or straight forward answers which is surprising. I might be wrong with that assumption but I for one expect him to provide honest answers when interviewed otherwise he simply shouldn't do them.

Quite to the contrary, but he has already answered many of the questions you asked either in that interview or in previous interviews, press conferences, etc..

I also expect that when SEN announce that they will be interviewing Rodney Eade that they actually interview him rather than just having a lightweight chat. They are clearly either under prepared or don't want to challenge the status quo with a fellow SEN colleague.

Totally agree

The questions I originally posed were just off the top of my head but ones that I thought the interview would be roughly based on which clearly it wasn't.

As you have pointed out it was never going to be a hard hitting interview.

By the way in my opinion a senior assistant coach is hugely important to the club. At the moment it looks like it's Leon Cameron who would fill in for Eade on match day if he was sick or not available on the day.

I know where you are coming from, but I would hope that Eade and his assistants would do, and I have heard they will, a lot more match day specific training over the pre-season. This is the time to drum into the players the type of football we will play. Actual match day coaching I think is a bit over-rated, agree it is still important, but all the work has to be done in the next 6 months.

I fully intend to write to Robbo and tell him what I think.

Good for you. I would be interested to see how you get on with this.

aker39
08-11-2007, 11:44 AM
Where has it been reported?? On some ABC program which no-one watches. If it was front page of Age sport or Caroline had wrote a featured article then it is worth while chasing. At present she has not named a team or the participants in this dispute. We all think it's us, but are we really sure??

So why wasn't it picked up by the various other media outlets if it is such a big issue? Is it because we are not a high profile club or is it because it's a beat-up?

Are you convinced know that Caro was talking about Rocket & Rose

Maybe you should start watching Offsiders know.

LostDoggy
08-11-2007, 11:46 AM
Are you convinced know that Caro was talking about Rocket & Rose

Maybe you should start watching Offsiders know.

And it's not Caro reporting it at the moment (Nor Robbo for that matter)
Offsiders = good show