10-04-2014, 03:58 PM
Round 4 Fixture

Date Home vs Away Venue AEST Local TV

Fri 11 Apr Richmond v Collingwood MCG 7:50pm 7:50pm Seven

Sat 12 Apr Carlton v Melbourne MCG 1:45pm 1:45pm Seven

Sat 12 Apr Port Adelaide v Brisbane Lions Adelaide Oval 2:10pm 1:40pm Foxtel

Sat 12 Apr GWS Giants v Western Bulldogs StarTrack Oval 4:40pm 4:40pm Foxtel

Sat 12 Apr Gold Coast Suns v Hawthorn Metricon Stadium 7:40pm 7:40pm Seven

Sat 12 Apr Geelong Cats v West Coast Eagles Simonds Stadium 7:40pm 7:40pm Foxtel

Sun 13 Apr Sydney Swans v North Melbourne SCG 1:10pm 1:10pm Foxtel

Sun 13 Apr St Kilda v Adelaide Crows Etihad Stadium 3:20pm 3:20pm Seven

Sun 13 Apr Fremantle Dockers v Essendon Patersons Stadium 4:40pm 2:40pm Foxtel

bornadog
10-04-2014, 04:35 PM
First game is hard to pick and I am not sure who to go for in my tips.

Eastdog
10-04-2014, 09:46 PM
I'll be putting my tips in tomorrow.

Eastdog
11-04-2014, 02:22 PM
Put my tips in just now. Tipped Collingwood tonight to win and as its a margin game I tipped 14 points. I tip us each week so no different this week against GWS. Went also for Freo and St Kilda who in both of those games are not favourites.

Remi Moses
11-04-2014, 06:29 PM
Collingwood by 15 pts
Clubs know Richmond's weakness ( contested footy)

G-Mo77
11-04-2014, 09:59 PM
How weak are Richmond? Collingwood seemed in their head before the ball was even bounced. Cotchin a disgrace, instead of bitching go and find the footy and try to win it.

bulldogtragic
11-04-2014, 10:25 PM
How weak are Richmond? Collingwood seemed in their head before the ball was even bounced. Cotchin a disgrace, instead of bitching go and find the footy and try to win it.

Maybe North last year, maybe not. But any more an overhyped side than Richmond this year??

G-Mo77
11-04-2014, 10:44 PM
Maybe North last year, maybe not. But any more an overhyped side than Richmond this year??

GWS after round one were going to destroy the world. :-)

The hype machine is strong which is why they always fall so hard. Their self proclaimed gun players are so mentally fragile, Cotchin, Deledio, Martin, Reiwoldt, when the heat goes up just watch how these guys perform. Their body language on the field is pitiful when the chips are down.

bulldogtragic
11-04-2014, 11:48 PM

The hype machine is strong which is why they always fall so hard. Their self proclaimed gun players are so mentally fragile, Cotchin, Deledio, Martin, Reiwoldt, when the heat goes up just watch how these guys perform. Their body language on the field is pitiful when the chips are down.

The mental fragility is a great, yet valid point. I have no idea why, as Hardwick wasn't as a player, but their big issue is between the ears. It can't be a coincidence they have so many of them. When they're flat track bullying they look great, but that's less and less games each year as teams are passing them, like us!! :)

Remi Moses
11-04-2014, 11:54 PM
Ever year.

Remi Moses
11-04-2014, 11:58 PM
One team worked both ways, the other works one way.
Cotchin needs help, but the others are worried about their own game.
Gee if Bontempelli turns out half as good as Pendlebury you'd be delighted.
Funny listening to Richmond fans moaning about key players being out, and putting Shaun 4 possession Hampson in there.

Remi Moses
12-04-2014, 12:02 AM

What about some of Vickery's non efforts.
The Fox boys covered it at half time, it was embarrassing .

bulldogtragic
12-04-2014, 12:04 AM
One team worked both ways, the other works one way.
Cotchin needs help, but the others are worried about their own game.
Gee if Bontempelli turns out half as good as Pendlebury you'd be delighted.
Funny listening to Richmond fans moaning about key players being out, and putting Shaun 4 possession Hampson in there.

As for Hampson, Carlton should be charged with theft of a round 2 draft pick. While Richmond charged with stupidity.

G-Mo77
12-04-2014, 12:12 AM
What about some of Vickery's non efforts.
The Fox boys covered it at half time, it was embarrassing .

Subbed at half time. I don't think the coach could send a message any clearer than that.

Go_Dogs
12-04-2014, 08:50 AM
Subbed at half time. I don't think the coach could send a message any clearer than that.

I think he was injured.

Not a great game to watch, I fell asleep before half time. Richmond have a lot of work to do if they want to recover and play finals, they've got a tough few weeks ahead although I assume their draw gets a little easier after that.

LostDoggy
12-04-2014, 05:13 PM
Collingwood by 15 pts
Clubs know Richmond's weakness ( contested footy)

And kicking, marking and most of heart...

bulldogtragic
12-04-2014, 05:15 PM
Carlton & Richmond embarrassed. If we win, that's a high paying winning trifecta.

How many calls from Adelaide & Port Adelaide to Bryce Gibbs this week?

azabob
12-04-2014, 05:35 PM
How many calls from Adelaide & Port Adelaide to Bryce Gibbs this week?

If they were smart, none.

Remi Moses
12-04-2014, 08:56 PM
Did Carlton get done ? Total disrespect for Melbourne by dropping Waite and Garlett.

GVGjr
12-04-2014, 09:09 PM
Did Carlton get done ? Total disrespect for Melbourne by dropping Waite and Garlett.

I don't think they got dropped for any other reason than form and effort.

I haven't seen Mick's press conference yet but I will try to.

AndrewP6
12-04-2014, 10:07 PM
Mick was fairly restrained in his presser, might've been working with the PR dept. :D

Topdog
12-04-2014, 10:25 PM

I know he was poor last night but I think you are wrong about Cotchin. The rest are funny to watch. All think they are kings but when the heat is on they falter.

Topdog
12-04-2014, 10:27 PM

They were dropped to send a message. Not sure how you get disrespectful from that. Both have been very poor and their horrible kicking has cost Carlton a win already.

Funnily enough without them they managed to kick even worse.

GVGjr
12-04-2014, 10:30 PM
Mick was fairly restrained in his presser, might've been working with the PR dept. :D

Just saw it, A far better effort than the previous weeks.

Ghost Dog
12-04-2014, 11:15 PM
Mick is over the top sometimes, but to be fair, some of the questions asked are pretty dumb. What about the guy trying to draw a long bow to 2004?

Twodogs
12-04-2014, 11:24 PM
It was restrained, patient uncle Mick.

Remi Moses
12-04-2014, 11:57 PM
They were dropped to send a message. Not sure how you get disrespectful from that. Both have been very poor and their horrible kicking has cost Carlton a win already.

Funnily enough without them they managed to kick even worse.
Maybe right, but I just reckon they thought they'd get over Melbourne .
Guarantee regardless how they play for The Northern Preston Blue Bullants, they'll be back in.

Remi Moses
12-04-2014, 11:59 PM
Mick is over the top sometimes, but to be fair, some of the questions asked are pretty dumb. What about the guy trying to draw a long bow to 2004?

The issue is he belittles people. The whole presser is there for everyone to see, yet mick represents the club in a poor light.

bornadog
13-04-2014, 12:03 AM
West Coast goaless after quarter time. They really got thrashed.

Remi Moses
13-04-2014, 12:14 AM
The first time since round 23 1992 v wait for it... Footscray. That the eagles hadn't kicked a goal after quarter time.
Remember that day having hail storms and about 7 degrees.
Geelong should build a statue at every corner of Stephen Wells.
Horlin-Smith, Guthrie the list goes on and on.
Are Brisbane staking our title of the AFL's Irrelevant cup?

Ghost Dog
13-04-2014, 12:16 AM
The issue is he belittles people. The whole presser is there for everyone to see, yet mick represents the club in a poor light.

I know, but I find it so entertaining I hope he keeps it up:D

Twodogs
13-04-2014, 02:50 PM
The first time since round 23 1992 v wait for it... Footscray. That the eagles hadn't kicked a goal after quarter time.
Remember that day having hail storms and about 7 degrees?

Oh yeah.

The Bulldogs Bite
13-04-2014, 04:50 PM
Huge loss for Sydney, equally as important win for North.

Two big stories IMO.

azabob
13-04-2014, 05:35 PM
Huge loss for Sydney, equally as important win for North.

Two big stories IMO.

What do we make of Sydney? They are losing games they should be winning. Only one win for the year and a percentage under 100. Top four is out of the question, can they turn it around and make the top 8?

bornadog
13-04-2014, 05:37 PM
What do we make of Sydney? They are losing games they should be winning. Only one win for the year and a percentage under 100. Top four is out of the question, can they turn it around and make the top 8?

Hard to gauge and they have stuffed up my tipping this year.

Hotdog60
13-04-2014, 05:58 PM
Hard to gauge and they have stuffed up my tipping this year.

Not mine this week, Somehow my gut feeling was that they would struggle a bit this year. I wonder what the buddy deal had on the other players and the AFL knocking back their cost of living bonus.

Bulldog4life
13-04-2014, 06:49 PM
Not mine this week, Somehow my gut feeling was that they would struggle a bit this year. I wonder what the buddy deal had on the other players and the AFL knocking back their cost of living bonus.

Thinking the same with Daisy and the Blue Boys.

Hotdog60
13-04-2014, 07:00 PM
Thinking the same with Daisy and the Blue Boys.

I also forgot Tippett so between those two they would be on a large chunk of salary cap. Wether they back end it or front end it or how ever the bean counters work it. Someone else will have to miss out on a pay rise.
With Carlton I wouldn't be surprised if Mick goes the big hatchet job come years end.

Remi Moses
13-04-2014, 08:22 PM
Haven't seen any of today's games, but are Norf playing a more contested game?
Somehow doubted Freo!! Had a thought that Freo's system would beat Essendon.
Fell for the hype of the Bombres

1eyedog
14-04-2014, 12:21 AM
Great to see the Aints put back in their boxes. They should get a couple of hidings like that this season.

bornadog
14-04-2014, 09:59 AM
Haven't seen any of today's games, but are Norf playing a more contested game?
Somehow doubted Freo!! Had a thought that Freo's system would beat Essendon.
Fell for the hype of the Bombres

I think they are playing a more contested game. Their backline is also holding up well and they have the big targets up forward. They were missing a few midfielders yesterday and still beat Sydney. Buddy isnot getting the delivery he did at Hawthorn, but gee the umpires have got to get on to Thompson who constantly holds and wrestles his opponents.

comrade
14-04-2014, 12:07 PM
Great to see the Aints put back in their boxes. They should get a couple of hidings like that this season.

Our next few against Carlton and Adelaide are definitely danger games. Carlton will be stinging and Adelaide are better than 1-4 as they proved against the Aints.

Mantis
14-04-2014, 12:20 PM
Our next few against Carlton and Adelaide are definitely danger games. Carlton will be stinging and Adelaide are better than 1-4 as they proved against the Aints.

At our stage of development I don't think we are a given to beat anyway. The competition is quite even and if we are below are best we will struggle.. as we saw early on against GWS.