PDA

View Full Version : Just Another Philosophical Thread

bulldogtragic
14-04-2014, 10:12 PM
I had reason to reflect the other day about the meaning of things, values, people, beliefs etc and then about whether certain people are drawn to things, change with things or whether those things change them. Enter our club and people.

1. What does it mean for YOU to be a member/supporter of the WBFC?
2. What are the values you see in the club?
3. How has your experience in our history impacted you?

1. For me it's more than a game or mere club, but an institution. It's about sticking fat with the people who believe from year to year we are closer to experiencing a grand final win as a pinnacle and embracing result that encapsulates our hopes in celebrating all the players that have built us towards that moment when, not if, it comes. It's a community of people, and embracing and enthralling binding narrative.

2. I see our clubs values as so close to mine, I'm not sure if the club attracts people with those values, or people are attracted to our club having these values. We don't cheat, we don't work around rules or salary caps, we manfully toil from game to game and year to year. We've never put a premiership before our soul and club fabric, and I can live with this. I compare to some other clubs near our historical drought who have sold their soles or not showed a culture to define themselves as a role model to their members. I can look in the metaphorical mirror and say to the reflection that we may not have have the flags or cups, but we can look in the mirror with pride. The uncluttered trophy cabinets is not because of lack of talent, lack of effort of lack of character. I see values of hard work, standing up to adversity, giving back to our club, honesty, quality, passion and always looking to be better while never looking to blame others.

3. Sub consciously, I take many of those values into life more generally. I've never had a problem being the small guy and more recently standing up for the little guy. That relationships, quality of character, trying, fighting are qualities to be admired. More importantly that rules need be obeyed and cheating those rules is not a viable option just to win, if you care about the fabric of your life generally. I'd like to think that in time, history will show that the good guys will get that evasive silverware and set an example for all those that believe in the method.

Personally I've never looked to too many VFL/AFL players as role models, but not being brought up with religion the institution I've had from 'day dot' is the Footscray cum Western Bulldogs Football Club as a teacher of values in the formative years. I think the overt and covert narratives around and inside the institution are wonderful life lessons, life values or perspective on life, what it means to be successful and an outlet of passion like no other. I think my underpinning values, outside of family driven ones, come from the experiences of growing up Bulldog.

Love to know how you read your Bulldog experiences, be it 18 or 80 years, as a role model or indicator of your own values system, or not, as it may be.

F'scary
14-04-2014, 11:54 PM
Moved a stone's throw from the ground about 12 years ago. I could feel the presence of the club even from inside the house. It was weirding me out. Took a 6 pack to the outer one wintery Thursday's training night. Sat there and thought I can do this, I can follow this team right here.

Twodogs
14-04-2014, 11:55 PM
That's a long post.

LostDoggy
15-04-2014, 09:42 AM
I had reason to reflect the other day about the meaning of things, values, people, beliefs etc and then about whether certain people are drawn to things, change with things or whether those things change them. Enter our club and people.

1. What does it mean for YOU to be a member/supporter of the WBFC?
2. What are the values you see in the club?
3. How has your experience in our history impacted you?

1. For me it's more than a game or mere club, but an institution. It's about sticking fat with the people who believe from year to year we are closer to experiencing a grand final win as a pinnacle and embracing result that encapsulates our hopes in celebrating all the players that have built us towards that moment when, not if, it comes. It's a community of people, and embracing and enthralling binding narrative.

2. I see our clubs values as so close to mine, I'm not sure if the club attracts people with those values, or people are attracted to our club having these values. We don't cheat, we don't work around rules or salary caps, we manfully toil from game to game and year to year. We've never put a premiership before our soul and club fabric, and I can live with this. I compare to some other clubs near our historical drought who have sold their soles or not showed a culture to define themselves as a role model to their members. I can look in the metaphorical mirror and say to the reflection that we may not have have the flags or cups, but we can look in the mirror with pride. The uncluttered trophy cabinets is not because of lack of talent, lack of effort of lack of character. I see values of hard work, standing up to adversity, giving back to our club, honesty, quality, passion and always looking to be better while never looking to blame others.

3. Sub consciously, I take many of those values into life more generally. I've never had a problem being the small guy and more recently standing up for the little guy. That relationships, quality of character, trying, fighting are qualities to be admired. More importantly that rules need be obeyed and cheating those rules is not a viable option just to win, if you care about the fabric of your life generally. I'd like to think that in time, history will show that the good guys will get that evasive silverware and set an example for all those that believe in the method.

Personally I've never looked to too many VFL/AFL players as role models, but not being brought up with religion the institution I've had from 'day dot' is the Footscray cum Western Bulldogs Football Club as a teacher of values in the formative years. I think the overt and covert narratives around and inside the institution are wonderful life lessons, life values or perspective on life, what it means to be successful and an outlet of passion like no other. I think my underpinning values, outside of family driven ones, come from the experiences of growing up Bulldog.

Love to know how you read your Bulldog experiences, be it 18 or 80 years, as a role model or indicator of your own values system, or not, as it may be.

Well said BT, nice post.

bulldogtragic
15-04-2014, 10:18 AM
That's a long post.

And I didn't mention for all my/our life getting the you haven't won a flag for 40, 50 years etc, and the lesson about understanding people's negativity or sarcasm and be able to ignore that stuff as a strategy for life with other remarks. Now whenever I hear that it's a positive reinforcement that we didn't rort the salary cap, cheat, drug our kids etc, and that the ability to look at yourself in the mirror and feel proud & self respected is another form of success - which gets reinforced with every comment about our last flag.

bornadog
15-04-2014, 10:26 AM
And I didn't mention for all my/our life getting the you haven't won a flag for 40, 50 years etc, and the lesson about understanding people's negativity or sarcasm and be able to ignore that stuff as a strategy for life with other remarks. Now whenever I hear that it's a positive reinforcement that we didn't rort the salary cap, cheat, drug our kids etc, and that the ability to look at yourself in the mirror and feel proud & self respected is another form of success - which gets reinforced with every comment about our last flag.

You mean 60 years:mad:

bulldogtragic
15-04-2014, 10:28 AM
You mean 60 years:mad:

Sorry, 60 now, but growing up it was 40 or 50. But each year were getting a year closer I guess.

bornadog
15-04-2014, 10:30 AM
Sorry, 60 now, but growing up it was 40 or 50. But each year were getting a year closer I guess.

When I was in high school in the late 60's/70's my woodwork teacher a mad Footscray supporter would always say to me , next year its our year. I am still bloody waiting and now I am heading to 60.

bulldogtragic
15-04-2014, 10:57 AM
When I was in high school in the late 60's/70's my woodwork teacher a mad Footscray supporter would always say to me , next year its our year. I am still bloody waiting and now I am heading to 60.

So he was a few years off then! :)

But its an interesting exercise to think about what your Bulldog journey has given you in life lessons, perhaps a finite point between patience and impatience? Or if you can't have premierships, at least you can have a quiet and respected dignity unlike a certain team from St Kilda.

Or of the flip side, imagine your grand kids (assuming you have them, or will have soon) in wood work class with a #standbyhird teacher last year and this year preaching the life lessons of everybody is to blame except the person who would be most responsible and the implied acceptance or tolerability of disgusting the behaviour.

Murphy'sLore
15-04-2014, 10:57 AM
I used to hate football. I saw the boys' club mentality, the misogynist antics, the arrogance and self-importance, and turned off. Now I've come to appreciate the courage, the loyalty, the resilience and romance of our native game.

But I still think that Footscray/Western Bulldogs is one of the few clubs that I could feel proud to be a member of, for exactly the reasons bulldogtragic outlined above. Hopeless romantic, maybe :o

Eastdog
16-04-2014, 03:10 PM
For me I love the never say die attitude of our club. This was put to the forefront in the year I was born 1989 with our Footscray fightback. Been a supporter of the Dogs for just over 13 years now and this is my 2nd year as Bulldogs member. Whether we are good or bad I will always stick with the Dogs.

bulldogtragic
30-05-2014, 08:14 PM
Gotta say, this malaise, is what gives us character and why we're a different breed to Essendon and Collingwood flogs. I often say to folks that you understand money most when you don't or have never had it. Same goes for winning games of football. When we move next into our next winning phase, god willing it's soon, I think we should bottle these thoughts up and appreciate the wins. I think back 6 years or so and whether I really appreciated winning far more than we lost, and I'm thinking I probably didn't. But come next winning phase I think I will appreciate winning more than I previously did.

westdog54
30-05-2014, 11:25 PM
Funny you mention it. I can well remember in 2009/10 some people, myself included, often complaining about games where we won comfortably. I'd love that luxury right now.

BornInDroopSt'54
31-05-2014, 12:59 AM
When we were on top of our game the other teams just looked like duffers.

bulldogtragic
14-06-2014, 05:53 PM
To the opening post, how does a child (or even adult) compute the Essendon drugs saga. If kids take life lessons from their environment, the behaviour, attitude and open bloody mindedness to attack everyone without taking any real responsibility is surely not healthy. Turning the head of a doping program into a cult like victim and giving him millions whether he returns or not is surely counter productive to young Essendon followers.

westdog54
14-06-2014, 06:22 PM
When the adults are swallowing it whole the kids don't have a hope in hell.

The victims here are the 17 other teams who are working within the rules and have to put up with baseless allegations of "well all the clubs are doing it, why are we the only ones being looked at?"

bulldogtragic
14-06-2014, 06:35 PM
When the adults are swallowing it woke the kids don't have a hope in hell.

The victims here are the 17 other teams who are working within the rules and have to put up with baseless allegations of "well all the clubs are doing it, why are we the only ones being looked at?"

Yep, I don't understand how clubs can try to brainwash their fans, especially kids. The same attitude was present at the time Carlton finally got done for salary cap rorting. Any wonder those two teams pretty much have the worst behaved crowds, because everything seems defendable when you've grown up with these messages. This is what I mean about our lessons as people growing up bulldog.

westbulldog
15-06-2014, 11:42 PM
That is simply a great post BT. I have been in the west for 32 years and am often asked "Why don't you barrack for the Eagles ?" They don't understand....they have to be joking ! As a 5 year old from Kingsville I was in the grandstand with my mother and aunt (who lived in Gordon st) when Charlie Sutton was coach. I saw the incomparable Ted Whitten in the 60's. I saw Bernie Quinlan and Barry Round play their first game. I see the loyalty and honesty at this club - of the supporters and of those players who never left just for a paycheck - Grant, West, Johnson, Smith. I have stood in the outer as a teenager at Glenferrie oval, soaked and cold as Hawthorn demolished us. In the forward pocket of the outer at the Mount Mistake end with a few mates, each with a cold can in one hand and a boiling hot pie dribbling over the other. They were in old jeans, old jackets with sandshoes that wouldn't be fit for a day crabbing. During the week they just happened to be captains of industry. 24/7 they were mad Bulldogs supporters. I got over for the Freo game recently, the crowd was sparse and of course we lost. Level 1 at the Coventry end was semi deserted but I barracked and I yelled for the Dogs just as I had done since I was a kid...........barrack for anyone else ? They must be joking.......

GVGjr
15-06-2014, 11:46 PM
westbulldog terrific addition to a great thread. Thanks for sharing.

LostDoggy
16-06-2014, 12:43 AM
The Dogs fit perfectly with my values when it comes to sport because it's not about winning at all. It's how you fight.

That's why Essendon, Carlton, Collingwood, West Coast, etc. will never understand it, never really appreciate the beauty of sport, the very reason we get something personally from watching a bunch of blokes kick a leather clad balloon around.

This won't change even if we never win a flag. It's watching the journey that enriches my life.

Bulldog Joe
16-06-2014, 07:56 AM
The Dogs fit perfectly with my values when it comes to sport because it's not about winning at all. It's how you fight.

That's why Essendon, Carlton, Collingwood, West Coast, etc. will never understand it, never really appreciate the beauty of sport, the very reason we get something personally from watching a bunch of blokes kick a leather clad balloon around.

This won't change even if we never win a flag. It's watching the journey that enriches my life.

and why the win over Collingwood is just special as that fight comes out when so many think we have no chance. Amazing how wins in lean years or so enjoyable.

bulldogtragic
16-06-2014, 11:08 AM
That is simply a great post BT. I have been in the west for 32 years and am often asked "Why don't you barrack for the Eagles ?" They don't understand....they have to be joking ! As a 5 year old from Kingsville I was in the grandstand with my mother and aunt (who lived in Gordon st) when Charlie Sutton was coach. I saw the incomparable Ted Whitten in the 60's. I saw Bernie Quinlan and Barry Round play their first game. I see the loyalty and honesty at this club - of the supporters and of those players who never left just for a paycheck - Grant, West, Johnson, Smith. I have stood in the outer as a teenager at Glenferrie oval, soaked and cold as Hawthorn demolished us. In the forward pocket of the outer at the Mount Mistake end with a few mates, each with a cold can in one hand and a boiling hot pie dribbling over the other. They were in old jeans, old jackets with sandshoes that wouldn't be fit for a day crabbing. During the week they just happened to be captains of industry. 24/7 they were mad Bulldogs supporters. I got over for the Freo game recently, the crowd was sparse and of course we lost. Level 1 at the Coventry end was semi deserted but I barracked and I yelled for the Dogs just as I had done since I was a kid...........barrack for anyone else ? They must be joking.......

Thanks westbulldog, I appreciate someone saying something about me not negative. I'm glad I've tapped into something, because for me it's been a journey from the beginning. For 5 seconds I almost thought about following the Hawks because am my mates were because they didn't lose, but my family were good valued people and Footscray represented my family, and our generations of working class struggle in the Western Suburbs. They are me, and I am them and no matter happens we always have this. People not from our journey will say it's a cop out, but sport is not always about winning. Some of the most memorable moments in Australian sport is not simply winning, it's the story, struggle and people may attempt humour by talking about 1 flag. But our history is choc full of amazing moments and life lessons. Not to steal anyone else's life lessons, Chris Grant told me there was more to life than money and loyalty was another form of currency. This feeling in my values system was what broke when Nat Brown left. It just seemed wrong with what I thought it meant to be bulldog. This club is on a journey, has been since we kicked everyones arse in the VFA. I don't think rusted on members who don't renew (for non monetary reasons) get this part of being bulldog too. The journey and people along the way is everything, there are always life lessons big reputations like Alan Joyce didn't equate to success, money isn't everything, winning isn't everything and so on. Some of us might be more positive, some like me like to ask questions and some can have no patience. But if we are all on this journey together then giddy up. As a metaphor, new memberships are like people betting on the bulldogs to win a premiership. There's not many, but as we become more successful and the odds tighten more bets/members will get on. If we do get the flag the next cycle, those who got in with two years will get a massive return on investment. Those of us who bet on us from the beginning will get the biggest emotional return of any member in Australian sport and I'm not missing out on it. I can only hope more ex-members get to understand this. That we learn great life skills and perspective along our journey is a bonus.

(P.s. As to those who don't like I talk about a myriad of things, ask questions or disagree, feel equally free to pass judgement on this thread.)

bulldogtragic
12-11-2015, 10:27 PM
I'm trying to keep this on the down low for my fellow woofers, so I've put it in a thread that that doesn't reflect the obvious tid bit. Don't ask me how I know, but it's somehow got to me that an AFL list manager who is not ours seems to have requested a highlights package on a relatively unknown kid from Tassie. Which was made on the very, very down low after an impressive screening. But the video has made its way onto YouTube to little attention and I'm not expecting Gangnam Style like hits on the video. Hopefully, somehow, the lid my be blown off this attempt to hide him and get this kid very late or even rookie draft. There seems to be have been a concerted effort to keep him hidden from the other 17 teams. But if it's come to this forums attention, then his name might be one to watch out for come draft time. By the way, he's said to study Bob Murphy very closely and trying to model such a game. I also understand his agility and sprints are classified "elite" by the testers. He might not be what we need, and bugger them hiding him, but what do you think of the kid?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEcKPCJOcPQ&feature=youtu.be

GVGjr
12-11-2015, 10:42 PM
BT, you're a master of the understated pump ups of players. Donnelly has come a long way since he played for the Tassie Mariners in 2013 and he's now an accomplished attacking defender.

He rated a mention on here (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-25/state-league-gems-who-are-the-rough-diamonds-in-the-afl-mix) but I think he has gone unnoticed by many.

You have probably blown the lid off now :)

Twodogs
12-11-2015, 10:53 PM
BT. We have been trying to keep him quiet all year and you name him a week out from the draft.

Mate!

boydogs
12-11-2015, 10:57 PM
Looks good BT. Very balanced on the move

bulldogtragic
12-11-2015, 11:01 PM
BT. We have been trying to keep him quiet all year and you name him a week out from the draft.

Mate!

Someone else was trying to keep him even quieter and I'd super spew if they got him dirt cheap. I figure it evens the field of market value for us or them. Forget Emma Quayle or Cal Towmey this year and last. I got Tom Boyd last year and found SD this year. I should really be put on someone's payroll... :D

GVGjr
12-11-2015, 11:04 PM
Looks good BT. Very balanced on the move

Do you think he is a player who could be drafted?

Greystache
12-11-2015, 11:05 PM
You're a sharp one BT, reckon you've let the cat out of the bag for some club.

He played 18 games in the TFL last year and got in the best players 10 times. That's off the charts!!

GVGjr
12-11-2015, 11:11 PM

He played 18 games in the TFL last year and got in the best players 10 times. That's off the charts!!

I just did a bit of a search and found that he was tagged about 3 times late in the year. Not many defenders in state leagues get tagged unless they have wrecked some havoc earlier in the season and teams don't want to get burned a 2nd time.

From memory he was mainly a winger when he played for the Mariners but a spot in the back six looks to be his go.

bulldogtragic
12-11-2015, 11:13 PM

I'm trying to do my bit. I'm not sure Jason Mac wants another attacking defender, so it might be a price thing for us. But I think my source said his agility and sprints if tested at the national combine would but in the top few percentile. Now that's off the charts too!! He's this draft's 'Cinderella', I guess it's a case of whether enough recruiting teams can make a good assessment in under 2 weeks.

LostDoggy
12-11-2015, 11:18 PM
I must be slow on the uptake BT. If it's another club interested in this guy, what's with the secrecy, non-descript thread bit??

bulldogtragic
12-11-2015, 11:22 PM
I must be slow on the uptake BT. If it's another club interested in this guy, what's with the secrecy, non-descript thread bit??

I have to protect my sources sometimes, and in this case. Daniel & Michael were very clear to me and made me on a pinky-swear to not reveal the source or anything that might lead to the source...

GVGjr
12-11-2015, 11:26 PM
Article here (http://www.themercury.com.au/sport/local-sport/big-wins-put-tigers-in-the-game-ahead-of-tough-tsl-clash/story-fnj92b0f-1227431811301) might be worth a read

LostDoggy
12-11-2015, 11:27 PM
I have to protect my sources sometimes, and in this case. Daniel & Michael were very clear to me and made me on a pinky-swear to not reveal the source or anything that might lead to the source...

Will those two scalliwags never learn?.....

bulldogtragic
12-11-2015, 11:37 PM
Will those two scalliwags never learn?.....

No... :D Some of my good oil is good.

Last year I announced a 7 year $6m deal for Tom Boyd on woof and Twitter. An 1/2 hour later journos who follow my stuff got onto the club who announced this offer was being made to Tom and GWS told of same. I kept my 2 years of Zaine watching and Zaine love quiet enough. And this year my tea leaves say this kid is worth paying close attention to, because one club and head recruiter is and hoping to steal him for nothing. Who knows, once clubs review his test results and look again.... Watch this space...

LostDoggy
12-11-2015, 11:43 PM
Cheers BT. Like all woofers, I'm sure, I appreciate the heads up.

boydogs
13-11-2015, 01:25 AM
Do you think he is a player who could be drafted?

For sure, reminds me of Pearce Hanley. Not the type we need, but he looks like a player to me

boydogs
13-11-2015, 01:31 AM
So BT are we meant to spread the word or keep a lid on it? I'm keen to ask a few people about him now

GVGjr
13-11-2015, 06:02 AM
So BT are we meant to spread the word or keep a lid on it? I'm keen to ask a few people about him now

I don't think its a secret a lot of followers would know him but I'd be surprised if many have followed his progress closely this season.

The Doctor
13-11-2015, 09:05 AM
he certainly kicks better than his old man!

Bulldog4life
13-11-2015, 11:54 AM
I don't think its a secret a lot of followers would know him but I'd be surprised if many have followed his progress closely this season.

Recruiters are EVERYWHERE GVG.

Happy Days
13-11-2015, 12:42 PM
Nice kick, does seem to put a bit of air under it at times but looks like a type we will need coming through in a couple of years.

I am very, very suss on anyone who makes their own 10-minute highlight package though.

merantau
13-11-2015, 03:10 PM
Honesty, integrity, loyalty, resilience, optimism, determination, courage - if everyone grew up with these values the world would be a vastly better place. The Bulldogs epitomize these values. You get knocked down - get up again! Don't ever doubt Bulldog people - we are in it for the long haul.
I lost a lot of respect for my older brother when, as an adult, he changed to Essendon. He's not the same person anymore.

Bulldog4life
13-11-2015, 03:18 PM
Honesty, integrity, loyalty, resilience, optimism, determination, courage - if everyone grew up with these values the world would be a vastly better place. The Bulldogs epitomize these values. You get knocked down - get up again! Don't ever doubt Bulldog people - we are in it for the long haul.
I lost a lot of respect for my older brother when, as an adult, he changed to Essendon. He's not the same person anymore.

Heathen!

jeemak
13-11-2015, 03:27 PM
He seems to be getting his just deserts now, as is my brother who changed to Carlton as an eight year old.

GVGjr
13-11-2015, 03:34 PM
he certainly kicks better than his old man!

You know Chris?

GVGjr
13-11-2015, 03:44 PM
Nice kick, does seem to put a bit of air under it at times but looks like a type we will need coming through in a couple of years.

I am very, very suss on anyone who makes their own 10-minute highlight package though.
Done by a mate at the request of a club. Otherwise I would agree.

The Doctor
13-11-2015, 03:49 PM
You know Chris?

he was a pretty good footballer at school level. went to the same school for a couple of years

merantau
13-11-2015, 04:03 PM
He seems to be getting his just deserts now, as is my brother who changed to Carlton as an eight year old.
I guess we have to cut an eight year old a bit of slack, but a 38 year old - no way. He said to me once in the 90s "Gee, the Dogs are going well."
"Pity you don't barrack for them anymore." was my terse reply.

Twodogs
13-11-2015, 05:00 PM
Wow. That's pretty low. Essendon.

One of my relos decided she would barrack for North back in the 70s. We don't see them anymore.

bornadog
13-11-2015, 05:48 PM
Whenever my daughter gets married, her husband better be a doggies supporter, or he better not make her change, and grandchild MUST be doggies supporters. I will make sure and influence them.

comrade
13-11-2015, 06:33 PM
Looks pretty good on the footage but I'm wary of picking up a state league smokie after the Matt Fuller experiment turned into an utter bust.

It's also tied into my aversion to left footed South Australian flankers which is my I'm hoping we steer clear of Riley Bonner.

merantau
13-11-2015, 07:45 PM
Living in Bendigo you don't often meet Bulldog supporters but whenever I see someone wearing Bulldog colours I always talk to them. I've never been brushed off. There's always an instant rapport and it comes from knowing that we are not just your common garden football supporters. We are more than that. We are for real. Anyone can jump on a bandwagon for a free ride. We've been pushing the bandwagon down the road, up the hill, digging it out of the sand, freeing it from the mud, putting the wheels back on and mending the axles. And we'll keep on doing it until we reach our destination. Why? Because that's who we are and that's what we do.
When I tied my heart to the Bulldog's wagon it was for keeps.

bulldogtragic
13-11-2015, 07:50 PM
Living in Bendigo you don't often meet Bulldog supporters but whenever I see someone wearing Bulldog colours I always talk to them. I've never been brushed off. There's always an instant rapport and it comes from knowing that we are not just your common garden football supporters. We are more than that. We are for real. Anyone can jump on a bandwagon for a free ride. We've been pushing the bandwagon down the road, up the hill, digging it out of the sand, freeing it from the mud, putting the wheels back on and mending the axles. And we'll keep on doing it until we reach our destination. Why? Because that's who we are and that's what we do.

Hang around The All Seasons Hotel like a groupie. They're Stringers player sponsor and he's known to frequent and spend time chatting with the bulldog faithful.

Bulldog4life
13-11-2015, 08:05 PM
Whenever my daughter gets married, her husband better be a doggies supporter, or he better not make her change, and grandchild MUST be doggies supporters. I will make sure and influence them.

I love the concept BAD but take it from me a lot easier said than done. I have 3 daughters "all" with husband/boyfriends following other teams. Two following Hawthorn and one Geelong. Despite threats about leaving them out of my Will they won't listen.

Twodogs
13-11-2015, 08:20 PM
I love the concept BAD but take it from me a lot easier said than done. I have 3 daughters "all" with husband/boyfriends following other teams. Two following Hawthorn and one Geelong. Despite threats about leaving them out of my Will they won't listen.

When it comes to who follows what team I am hoping force of personality, love of the product and dirty lowdown threats will carry the bulldog argument for me.

Bulldog4life
13-11-2015, 08:30 PM
When it comes to who follows what team I am hoping force of personality, love of the product and dirty lowdown threats will carry the bulldog argument for me.

I started here first Twodogs. Maybe I should have left it to last.

bulldogtragic
13-11-2015, 08:32 PM

A threat is only as good as the intention to do it. Next family dinner hold it at The Slater & Gordon boardroom, catered and and have a lawyer do a power point presentation of your proposed new will and testament followed by a highlight package of Jake Stringer. When they rush to join as Bulldogs For Life you can send me a bottle of Grange! :D

Eastdog
13-11-2015, 08:47 PM

Well said merantau. Were you overseas before Bendigo in Indonesia? Any Doggies people over there?

Bulldog4life
13-11-2015, 08:54 PM
A threat is only as good as the intention to do it. Next family dinner hold it at The Slater & Gordon boardroom, catered and and have a lawyer do a power point presentation of your proposed new will and testament followed by a highlight package of Jake Stringer. When they rush to join as Bulldogs For Life you can send me a bottle of Grange! :D

If your magical powers work BT make that 2 bottles!

bulldogtragic
13-11-2015, 09:01 PM
If your magical powers work BT make that 2 bottles!

Deal. :D

merantau
13-11-2015, 09:38 PM
Well said merantau. Were you overseas before Bendigo in Indonesia? Any Doggies people over there?
I spend about 4 months a year in Lombok. We have a Homestay there. You can see it on youtube. Just type in "Serah's Homestay" and you'll get a 4.5 minute clip.
I've got one local interested in the Doggies. I gave him one of my member's caps which he loves. Fortunately, we get most games live on the Australia Plus network.

Twodogs
13-11-2015, 10:42 PM

I have a fair bit of family up in Bendigo and they are all bulldog supporters.

Twodogs
13-11-2015, 10:44 PM
I started here first Twodogs. Maybe I should have left it to last.

Start with the carrot, move onto the heart strings then finish with the stick. If that doesn't work try a temper tantrum.