PDA

View Full Version : Macca's Message - Round Five

bornadog
22-04-2014, 10:42 PM
http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/video/2013-04-22/maccas-member-message-round-five%20?camefrom=EMCL_275070_12890323

Murphy'sLore
23-04-2014, 10:56 AM
A lot less chipper this week.

Remi Moses
23-04-2014, 03:46 PM
Good to see . He sounded filthy, and looked pretty annoyed about that performance.
Some ordinary efforts.

The Pie Man
23-04-2014, 04:03 PM
Good to see . He sounded filthy, and looked pretty annoyed about that performance.
Some ordinary efforts.

Yeah he sure did - particularly unhappy with our work without the ball.

Tipping there were some uncomfortable discussions had Monday

KT31
23-04-2014, 04:51 PM
A lot less chipper this week.

As we all are ML.

LostDoggy
23-04-2014, 06:25 PM
With Adelaide this week who have probably played the most attacking football of any club this year, it wil be interesring to see how we can control that this week. Given we were chopped up by Carlton who played that same game style.

Playing the crows this week is probably a great time to get them. With last weeks poor effort we should bring the manic pressure early which could really unsettle the crows gamestyle

Ozza
24-04-2014, 09:54 AM
Adelaide also had 119, 127 and 134 scored against them in the first 3 weeks. So its clear they want to play a free flowing game, and can be easy to score against, themselves.

I'm hoping we can slow them down a bit, apply heaps of pressure and get the game on our terms.

The Bulldogs Bite
24-04-2014, 11:45 AM
I'm hoping we can slow them down a bit, apply heaps of pressure and get the game on our terms.

If we can't, we'll be smashed.

1eyedog
24-04-2014, 01:14 PM
If we can't, we'll be smashed.

Yep we don't move the ball well enough nor is our skill set up to the level it needs to be for shootouts. It seems that this is what we tried to do against the Blues and we failed miserably.

Ozza
24-04-2014, 03:20 PM
Yep we don't move the ball well enough nor is our skill set up to the level it needs to be for shootouts. It seems that this is what we tried to do against the Blues and we failed miserably.

I don't think we intentionally found ourselves in a shootout. Hence, Macca saying explicitly that we didn't get the game on our terms, and that we moved away from many of the things that are central to the way we want to play.

I'm very comfortable with our chances of getting the game on our terms, and getting the result against Adelaide on Sunday.

always right
24-04-2014, 04:56 PM
It's important that we establish the game on our terms very early even if it means grinding out a defensive first quarter. Once the game develops into a shootout, it can turn to shite very quickly as we found out last week.

I don't care if it isn't pretty.....let's keep the game under control and that break it open when we get the ascendency. Simple eh?

bornadog
24-04-2014, 04:59 PM
It's important that we establish the game on our terms very early even if it means grinding out a defensive first quarter. Once the game develops into a shootout, it can turn to shite very quickly as we found out last week.

I don't care if it isn't pretty.....let's keep the game under control and that break it open when we get the ascendency. Simple eh?

Minson needs to be on song from the word go and tap the ball to the midfield or we will be gone. Jacobs is a tall guy and pretty good tap ruckman.