PDA

View Full Version : Mitch Wallis and his role moving forward

The Bulldogs Bite
24-04-2014, 12:14 PM
Mitch Wallis was a highly touted junior and was taken at Pick #22 in the 2010 National Draft, considered a steal. We all know about his first class attitude and his strong leadership skills, but he's had a difficult beginning to his career.

In his first season he managed 6 games, with concerns over his ability to win the ball and dispose of it effectively. In 2012 he improved out of sight, managing 19 games and averaging 22 disposals. Last year he began the year slowly, but still managed to play 18 games, becoming a tagger and averaging 18 disposals per game. In his first 5 games of this season, Wallis has had a couple of solid games (most notably his game on Ward) but his numbers are well down, averaging only 12 disposals per game (equal career low).

What is Mitch Wallis' role moving forward? He's played 48 games, is 21 years old and has seemingly been pigeonholed as a midfield tagger. He isn't winning enough of the ball, has been beaten badly a couple of times (Cotchin & Murphy), isn't quick and doesn't hurt the opposition with his disposals. I worry that as a 21 year old and with his limitations, already being crafted as a tagger doesn't bode well for his future and longevity in the game. Typically these roles are for players 25-30 years of age who are trying to save their career (eg. Crowley a few years ago, Lower for us, McCaffer), not 21 year olds who were formerly first round picks/highly touted juniors just a few years earlier.

Does Wallis need to reinvent himself, head back to the VFL and become a premier inside mid? Does he need to add other strings to his bow, such as playing off a HFF/HBF (eg. Picken style)? Alternatively, do we see a future for him only as a tagger who is currently in a bit of a form slump?

LostDoggy
24-04-2014, 12:31 PM
I'd prefer him to be a close checking shadow, not the tight marking tagger that he's been playing as so far this season. I still think he needs the freedom to win his own ball. He visibly looks as though he's so intent on negating his opponent that his other natural football smarts are clouded.

1eyedog
24-04-2014, 12:38 PM
I think he needs to play the role Boyd use to play i.e. a defensive midfielder rather than a tagger. Surely he has done his apprenticeship watching up close how the really good players go about doing things. He needs to be freed up a bit now and given clear instructions that he should win his own ball while maintaining a strongly defensive attitude when he hasn't got it / can't get it. I think he is better than a tagger and I am concerned the role might stifle him and actually halt his development. .

I still seem him becoming a very good player in 2-3 years.

MrMahatma
24-04-2014, 03:43 PM
It'd be disappointing if he only ever becomes a tagger, but that said, we've had many picks higher than 22 that haven't even made it to that level so it's not a complete was - just a shame given everyone thought we were getting a steal that year.

jeemak
24-04-2014, 03:57 PM
He needs to be stronger and fitter to be able to balance both the negative and the positive sides of game.

His ball use and decision making will become better once he takes care of his strength and fitness. Whilst he's not as tall or as largely framed, I think a good example of the type of footballer he should try to be is Jobe Watson.

Mitch has the capacity to be dangerous by hand and competent by foot, and I think over time he will be able to accumulate more ball at the senior level which is something a lot of young midfielders struggle with.

Ozza
24-04-2014, 04:34 PM
It's way too early to be declaring Wallis a designated tagger - or otherwise. Judgements are perpetually made far too early on players by supporters.

That he is playing as a tagger right now could be either to further his development, could be based on what the team most needs from him right now - or both. The AFL, both past and present, is littered with examples of players who don't have great pace or a penetrating kick, who have been very important contributors to good sides, to premiership sides. Jeemak has used Jobe Watson as a pretty good example. I'd say the likes of Luke Ball, Jimmy Bartel, Joel Corey, Josh Kennedy (Syd), Jude Bolton and Cameron Ling are all examples that come to mind of players with some common attributes.
I'm not saying Mitch will be as good as all, or any of these, but they are examples of players who if written off or pigeonholed due to pace or kick penetration concerns - after 40 games - would seem crazy in retrospect.

Getting back to my first point on players being judged or pigeonholed by supporters....what was it - 6,7 weeks ago - maybe even after round 1 - Liam Picken apparently couldn't play as a small defender - that 'experiment didn't work'. He's been amongst our most consistent performers this year - and apart from the periods he spent on Le Cras (who is an absolute star)...Picken has taken the honours in all other matches.

bornadog
24-04-2014, 05:01 PM
- and apart from the periods he spent on Le Cras (who is an absolute star)...Picken has taken the honours in all other matches.

The was the worst match up of all time, blind freddy could have told the MC that.

Ozza
24-04-2014, 05:07 PM
The was the worst match up of all time, blind freddy could have told the MC that.

Why is it a bad match up on paper - without the benefit of hindsight?

Picken has the pace and the defensive attributes to go with the oppositions best player. We put our best defensive small/medium sized player on their best small/medium sized forward-mid.

Greystache
24-04-2014, 05:10 PM

Who was a better match up? LeCras routinely beats Morris.

bornadog
24-04-2014, 05:15 PM
Why is it a bad match up on paper - without the benefit of hindsight?

Picken has the pace and the defensive attributes to go with the oppositions best player. We put our best defensive small/medium sized player on their best small/medium sized forward-mid.

Le Cras is also good in the air.

Who was a better match up? LeCras routinely beats Morris.

Does he? I will take your word on that, because I can't remember the last time he played on him.

The Bulldogs Bite
24-04-2014, 05:18 PM
It's way too early to be declaring Wallis a designated tagger - or otherwise. Judgements are perpetually made far too early on players by supporters.

I'm not declaring him an out and out tagger, but he's being played like one and has been for much of the last season and a bit.

My question was about whether or not we should 'release the shackles', as I agree with comments above that he's so worried about his man (often gives free kicks away as a result) that he has been forgetting about playing footy on its merits/instincts.

Arguably the way we're playing him at the moment is stifling his development.

Ozza
24-04-2014, 05:24 PM
I'm not declaring him an out and out tagger, but he's being played like one and has been for much of the last season and a bit.

My question was about whether or not we should 'release the shackles', as I agree with comments above that he's so worried about his man (often gives free kicks away as a result) that he has been forgetting about playing footy on its merits/instincts.

Arguably the way we're playing him at the moment is stifling his development.

I guess the key word is arguably.

I hear what you're saying - but I would be guessing the clubs development guys and coaches figure that his run with roles on elite are further developing his running patterns and game sense also.

Bulldog Joe
24-04-2014, 05:36 PM
Wallis, despite his celebrated status from junior days, is still learning and adjusting to AFL senior footy. His current role would be teaching him plenty about elite players. With his dedication he should be able to apply that knowledge as his career develops.

A comparison has been made in the thread to Jobe Watson. In his early years Watson was almost delisted as they could not find a role for him. He has moved to an elite level only from around age 24 or 25.

Wallis has time on his side and, despite some poor games this year, he has shown he can contribute. I suspect he may need a spell as the schedule has been pretty tough to start the year.

Greystache
24-04-2014, 07:35 PM
A comparison has been made in the thread to Jobe Watson. In his early years Watson was almost delisted as they could not find a role for him. He has moved to an elite level only from around age 24 or 25.

Watson was also fat as a house, uncommitted, and running with the ruckmen at the back of the packs during preseason. He became elite in his early 20's when he finally applied himself.

We can question a lot of things about Wallis, but attitude and application are not amongst them.

Hotdog60
24-04-2014, 07:35 PM
Looks like Wally has been dropped.

MrMahatma
24-04-2014, 09:58 PM

Or rested? Like Hunter was last week.

Hard to tell.

MrMahatma
24-04-2014, 10:19 PM

Actually, just watched Macca's presser. Definitely dropped. Both him and Williams.

josie
25-04-2014, 01:49 AM
Thanks Jeemak, Ozza, Bulldog Joe...

Hoping Wallis is able to follow Job Watson's example.

I recall Liberatore & Wallis when they first played a few years ago that everyone was touting Wallis moreso than Liberatore. In those early games I thought Liberatore's decision making & kicking were better and possibly a bit quicker too. Both going through tough start to the year, Libber being tagged and Wallis not so successful as tagger. Hope they keep each others spirits up and can work through it successfully.

Remi Moses
25-04-2014, 03:10 AM
Agree we do judge players to quickly.
We've got a lot of similar types, but with Boyd coming to the end he's going to rise in the pecking order.

Happy Days
25-04-2014, 01:08 PM
I don't see why he can't turn into a Luke Hodge-lite sort of player who marshals the backline; he's actually quite strong through the core and I'm happy enough with his decision making (about time we mention some strengths of his in this thread, no?).

I think a good player he could model himself off is Greystache's guy Nick Smith. Makes sure everyone is on point, isn't really quick either but makes a habit of messing up guys like Cyril.

Just a thought; I'm willing to concede that a full time midfield birth is unlikely, but at the same time tagging feels underwhelming (not to mention he gets torched too often)

1eyedog
25-04-2014, 01:25 PM
I don't see why he can't turn into a Luke Hodge-lite sort of player who marshals the backline; he's actually quite strong through the core and I'm happy enough with his decision making (about time we mention some strengths of his in this thread, no?).

I think a good player he could model himself off is Greystache's guy Nick Smith. Makes sure everyone is on point, isn't really quick either but makes a habit of messing up guys like Cyril.

Just a thought; I'm willing to concede that a full time midfield birth is unlikely, but at the same time tagging feels underwhelming (not to mention he gets torched too often)

Really? Hodge's attributes are his long precision field kicking and ability to mark the ball from opposition kicks which to me would be two of Wallis' main weaknesses.

Bulldog Revolution
25-04-2014, 02:16 PM
I've like Wallis application to his role, but he needs to get more of the ball and use it more constructively - for me its as simple as that

Happy Days
25-04-2014, 04:17 PM
Really? Hodge's attributes are his long precision field kicking and ability to mark the ball from opposition kicks which to me would be two of Wallis' main weaknesses.

I meant a really stripped back version. Like really really stripped back. I'm not saying he's a raking kick by any means, but I do think he's a solid, if understated one.

Perhaps Hodge is too much of a reach but I meant to play in that sort of mindset. We can't call his intercept marking a strength for obvious reasons but I see no reason why he couldn't affect a contest; he's not exactly a small guy. If instructed to play this way I have no doubt he'd at least throw himself fully at it, which is half the battle in wrecking contests anyway.

The Bulldogs Bite
25-04-2014, 05:39 PM
Wallis couldn't be further different in terms of playing styles to Hodge.

Wallis is drawn to the ball in contests, whereas Hodge reads the play exceptionally well and often sits back. Wallis is more of a 'see ball get ball' type of player, nothing wrong with that, it's why I would like to see him concentrate on playing his own game and developing as an accumulating inside mid.

Bulldog Revolution
25-04-2014, 09:10 PM
... it's why I would like to see him concentrate on playing his own game and developing as an accumulating inside mid.

And this is where his game has faltered this year. Last year he was winning more of his own footy, and using it more positively, particularly his hands in close. He's lost the balance between attack and defence.

jeemak
26-04-2014, 12:21 AM
I can't see any version of Wallis emulating any version of what Hodge does across half back eventuating.

The tagging role for me is a means to an end as far as Wallis is concerned, where the outcome is a defensively hardened accumulator with good hands and an adequate kick. If he can become that then it will be good for our club.

Sedat
26-04-2014, 01:44 AM
Wallis is drawn to the ball in contests, whereas Hodge reads the play exceptionally well and often sits back. Wallis is more of a 'see ball get ball' type of player, nothing wrong with that, it's why I would like to see him concentrate on playing his own game and developing as an accumulating inside mid.
Agree with this. Unfortunately for Mitch, that puts him behind Griffen, Boyd, Libba, Cooney, Macrae, and arguably even Smith, Stevens and Dahl in the midfield ball-winning rotations. I think it is a huge worry that a 21yo is already pigeon-holed as a tagger, and to be honest he has not been a raging success in the role this season - he was very good late last season to be fair. It is not work-rate or application, which is even more concerning because he is obviously doing absolutely everything he can from a preparation perspective. Maybe he can develop his forward line craft so as to become an asset up forward in a similar way to what Dahl provides to us? I see parallels between Mitch and Steele Sidebottom, who is quite effective as a secondary mid rotation and a clever forward craftsman, even though he too lacks a yard of pace.

bornadog
31-05-2015, 03:23 PM
I thought he played his best game last night for the club.

I must admit I was wondering whether he was going to make it, but now I can see he is a vital cog in our midfield.

1eyedog
23-06-2015, 11:42 AM
How good is Mitch Wallis? I'll go out on a limb and say by end of year he'll be as good as and important to us as Libba. A big plus is he's kicking goals too. A hard, inside midfielder who kicks goals! Wow. Loving what he brings, thanks Steve.

Bulldog4life
23-06-2015, 12:51 PM
How good is Mitch Wallis? I'll go out on a limb and say by end of year he'll be as good as and important to us as Libba. A big plus is he's kicking goals too. A hard, inside midfielder who kicks goals! Wow. Loving what he brings, thanks Steve.

And he doesn't miss. A very accurate kick for goals. Always feel confident when he or Dickson are lining up for goal.

craigsahibee
23-06-2015, 02:29 PM
Libba's knee has forced our hand with Mitch. It may have happened anyway, but the injury to Tom has meant that Mitch's role is now more balanced with both attack and defense. Before hurting his hand last year Mitch played some solid footy when he made his way back into the Seniors. I might be a footy romantic, but there is nothing better than seeing the son of a former idol tearing it up in the hoops. Mitch will be a future Captain of our great footy club, just like his old man.

1eyedog
23-06-2015, 04:32 PM
And he doesn't miss. A very accurate kick for goals. Always feel confident when he or Dickson are lining up for goal.

Consummate professional.

stefoid
23-06-2015, 05:39 PM
Libba's knee has forced our hand with Mitch. It may have happened anyway, but the injury to Tom has meant that Mitch's role is now more balanced with both attack and defense. Before hurting his hand last year Mitch played some solid footy when he made his way back into the Seniors. I might be a footy romantic, but there is nothing better than seeing the son of a former idol tearing it up in the hoops. Mitch will be a future Captain of our great footy club, just like his old man.

Like Picken, he has been trusted by the coach to play both ways because Bev doesnt do hard tags, so I guess we would have seen more of 'rounded' mitch anyway.

F'scary
23-06-2015, 07:19 PM
Wallis was pretty much playing like he is now last season, he copped an injury that ended it early. That was the problem.

Dancin' Douggy
23-06-2015, 08:28 PM
God we're just so choc full of talent right now. Please let us hold it together and win a goddamn flag. Or 2

bornadog
14-06-2016, 03:55 PM
Mitch has been fantastic this year and as TBB asked in his earlier posts, should we release the shackles; well Bevo did and he has become one of the best inside mids.

Mitch lacks pace, but his strength around the packs has been phenomenal.

Ozza
14-06-2016, 04:21 PM
Mitch has been fantastic this year and as TBB asked in his earlier posts, should we release the shackles; well Bevo did and he has become one of the best inside mids.

Yes, his ability to get his body into the best position for a contested ground ball (or occasionally for a mark) is fantastic, protecting the ball drop/bounce and being in a position to get a handball away.

Ghost Dog
14-06-2016, 04:50 PM
Yes, his ability to get his body into the best position for a contested ground ball (or occasionally for a mark) is fantastic, protecting the ball drop/bounce and being in a position to get a handball away.

Mitch is the master of the burrow and lunge handpass out of a gordian knot of players. That curly head pops out of an impossible mess of limbs to fire off a handball, to get things rolling.

The Bulldogs Bite
14-06-2016, 05:00 PM

Yep - Bevo has been fantastic for Mitch.

Very consistent, reliable, hard working inside mid. No surprise with Libba back, we've become one of the best midfield groups in the league - these two are genuine beasts.

The do we tag vs do we not tag is interesting from a more general perspective. Norf got carved up by Dangerfield but I also understand Bevo's sentiment that having a purely negating player around the stoppages/clearances effectively puts you a man down. I think we've got the right mix - when Mitchell got out of hand, Daniel went to him and did a good job.

Bulldog4life
14-06-2016, 06:28 PM
As well as playing well all year Mitch and Libba both did a tremendous job during the latter part of the final quarters against West Coast and Port.

always right
14-06-2016, 06:41 PM
Wallis is often the bloke who gets us back into games with his intensity. He's a leader.

LostDoggy
14-06-2016, 10:09 PM
Strange how he is not really mentioned as a possible captain. Rarely plays a bad game.

Go_Dogs
11-01-2018, 08:31 PM
Bump.

Mitch Wallis is one of the most intriguing players in 2018 as far as I'm concerned.

After returning with a bang from his very significant injury in 2016, he faded a little as the season progressed and struggled to have the same impact he had in 2015 and 2016, particularly with his clearance numbers. I remember seeing him as a junior and his ability to run stood out, so it's pleasing to hear he's been up front in our time trials.

Whilst we are likely to want him doing some heavy lifting around the contest and clearance, his ability to find space, accumulate and potentially drift forward if the right match up presents to take overhead marks and kick goals can add a lot to our side.

A couple of concerns I have about his game are:-

1. Lack of willingness to kick the ball (k:h ratio) and lack of hurt factor
2. His pace

Sam Mitchell has an incredible reputation and was never quick. His kicking was certainly better than Mitch's (off both sides) but I'm not sure he'd be known for penetration with kicking, more being very neat and efficient with great vision. Don't think Mitch can get to his level but I'd like to see him model his game on what Mitchell was able to do.

What are others expecting from Mitch this year? What are his strengths and weaknesses and how can he make some small changes in his game to impact our performance?

Also, interesting going back and reading what we were talking about 3.5 years ago re Mitch. It's easy to forget the level he was building to before his injury.

Twodogs
11-01-2018, 08:52 PM
I'd like to see him have a year where he reconsolodates and finds his way back to building towards the player we all know he can be. i know he had a few backward steps last year but I think that Mitch will be keen to get on his bike and go forward.

jeemak
11-01-2018, 10:26 PM
I don't remember anyone who plays with the positional workload Mitch does who has come back from such an horrendous broken leg as well as Mitch did.

That's possibly because none have really had any, since Nafan Brown?

Folks tend to forget how elite his work inside with hands can be when he has someone to share the load with, for example, a slim Libba. I agree Go_Dogs, he needs to use his feet more, because whilst he's not a flashy player he is a smart and much of the time creative player who unlike many other midfielders of his ilk, can go forward and hit the scoreboard.

At the end of 2016 he was rated elite by Champion data. If he's genuinely over his physical impairments, then I don't see why at 25 he can't take a step forward from where he was just prior to injuring himself.

Bulldog Joe
11-01-2018, 10:27 PM
Really think Wallis is under rated by our fans.

Champion Data regularly had him elite and with a solid pre-season he should be close to his best.

I expect him to be a valuable contributor through the midfield and also be one of our main goal scoring mids.

Twodogs
11-01-2018, 10:49 PM

Champion Data regularly had him elite and with a solid pre-season he should be close to his best.

I expect him to be a valuable contributor through the midfield and also be one of our main goal scoring mids.

We are a bit light on for genuine goal kicking mids in the Natan Brown/Luke Power mould aren't we? At best with most of our guys it's one or the other, either play forward and kick goals or play in the midfield like Luke Dalhaus or Tom Liberatore. It would be great if we could turn up one or two more

Like Bontompelli who can kick goals from the midfield. Jack Macrae would be ideal if we could get him to have a shot he often finds himself 20-30 metres out directly in front after running flat out forward of the ball. But he invariably turns around and looks to give it off. I hope they are working hard on his ability to slot those shots. Jack makes good decisions in other part but has a panic attack in front of goal for some reason.

Bulldog Joe
12-01-2018, 11:02 AM
We are a bit light on for genuine goal kicking mids in the Natan Brown/Luke Power mould aren't we? At best with most of our guys it's one or the other, either play forward and kick goals or play in the midfield like Luke Dalhaus or Tom Liberatore. It would be great if we could turn up one or two more

Like Bontompelli who can kick goals from the midfield. Jack Macrae would be ideal if we could get him to have a shot he often finds himself 20-30 metres out directly in front after running flat out forward of the ball. But he invariably turns around and looks to give it off. I hope they are working hard on his ability to slot those shots. Jack makes good decisions in other part but has a panic attack in front of goal for some reason.

I actually spoke to Jack at a function in December and my message to him was "Take the **** shot!!"

Twodogs
12-01-2018, 01:36 PM
I actually spoke to Jack at a function in December and my message to him was "Take the **** shot!!"

When I played footy the whole idea was to get the ball, kick a goal and get your name in the Mail on Wednesday. I'd have a shot kicking out from fullback after the opposition had kicked a point if it was humanly possible. It was why I played cricket too, if you made 20 or took 3 wickets, you got your name in the paper in Wednesday. My mates and I used to collect the cuttings, or our mums' did anyway, and how many you had could be a big thing.

I can't understand why you wouldn't want to take a shot at goal whoever you could.

jeemak
12-01-2018, 03:22 PM
Yep, kicking a goal was a way of ensuring you got in the match report. Can have a bad day, miss out on being in the best players, but still get in the paper if you kicked a goal.

Twodogs
12-01-2018, 05:33 PM
Yep, kicking a goal was a way of ensuring you got in the match report. Can have a bad day, miss out on being in the best players, but still get in the paper if you kicked a goal.

"Should've kicked it to me, I was in the clear" "Yioure always in the clear because you're a shit player" is one I remember. If I was such a shit player how else am I meant to get in the local paper?

GVGjr
12-01-2018, 07:02 PM

He does need that good pre-season and to be very fit in my opinion.
I know Bevo hasn't really embraced it but could Wally play a more defensive type role in 2018?

I'd really like him to have a good 2018 but I'm not sure what position best suits him. Perhaps he and Jong could alternate between mid and half forward roles.

Twodogs
12-01-2018, 10:02 PM
I know Bevo hasn't really embraced it but could Wally play a more defensive type role in 2018?

I'd really like him to have a good 2018 but I'm not sure what position best suits him. Perhaps he and Jong could alternate between mid and half forward roles.

Foot of the pack with his head over the footy. At Tom and Josh's feet in the forward line. That's where he will thrive.

Bulldog Joe
13-01-2018, 07:41 AM

Bevo has not embraced tagging, but Mitch is one player that can do very well when given a defensive task.
Could see him play that run with head to head type role on an opposition mid.

ratsmac
13-01-2018, 12:58 PM
I see him as an important player in our midfield group. He looked knacked by the end of the season last year. His 2016 was very good until that horrible leg break and that's the form we need him to get back to. His work rate is his biggest asset and we seemed to lack midfield work rate last year from a few.

Also players that can get their own ball can't be underestimated and that's partly why the Stringer to the midfield didn't (and won't at Essendon) work. The Matty Boyd move to defence only worked because of his abilty to find the footy. He was too slow for the midfield and couldn't kick over a jam tin, next thing he's an all Australian defender. For me this should be the fall back position for Mitch if it's not working out in the middle. He can rest forward as a midfielder can pinch a goal here and there which is the ideal scenario but if he's not keeping up in the middle I can't see him as a permanent forward.

This season is looking like a bit of a make or break (definitely no pun intended) for Mitch. Hopefully all the heavy lifting isn't left up to a few like last year where we see a big drop off by the end of the season.

Go_Dogs
14-01-2018, 10:16 AM
The Matty Boyd move to defence only worked because of his abilty to find the footy. He was too slow for the midfield and couldn't kick over a jam tin, next thing he's an all Australian defender. For me this should be the fall back position for Mitch if it's not working out in the middle.

Can see the merit in this - strong in the contest, capable in the air, hates being beaten and can run all day.

There might be a number of players over the next few years (not just with the Dogs) who can thank Boyd and Bevo for extending their careers.

SonofScray
14-01-2018, 10:22 AM
Ferret the footy out of packs rotating with Libba as the ones with licence to put their nose into everything. Resting in the fwd pocket competing for loose balls in space or off the marking contest. He is exceptionally good in those one v one, repeat effort scenarios.

Remeber the drills your coach would do where he would boot the footy away and two of you would have to chase after it and scrap away until someone got free and hand passed it back to the coach? It was a killer at the end of a session. Wally would destroy most in that drill IMO.

Twodogs
14-01-2018, 12:10 PM
Ferret the footy out of packs rotating with Libba as the ones with licence to put their nose into everything. Resting in the fwd pocket competing for loose balls in space or off the marking contest. He is exceptionally good in those one v one, repeat effort scenarios.

Remeber the drills your coach would do where he would boot the footy away and two of you would have to chase after it and scrap away until someone got free and hand passed it back to the coach? It was a killer at the end of a session. Wally would destroy most in that drill IMO.

You obviously don't have a growing up boy or you wouldn't have to remember those sessions. ...ouch...

But that's exactly the spot I have in mind for Mitch. Cast your mind back to the time we beat Sydney in 2016 a pack forms at the 30 minute mark of the last quarter, Wally is at the foot of it and the man who was going to get his hands on that footy ahead of Mitch Wallis hasn't been born yet. Wally flipped it to Daniel who somehow got the ball to dip over a pack of Swans players to the Bont who thought "let's see how big JJ's cohunas are " and kicked the ball to him. And JJ steered it through

GVGjr
21-01-2018, 09:21 AM
I was reading that the Pies might look to rotate the likes of Adams and Pendlebury from half back and have been training like that. Could Wallis be used in the same manner?