PDA

View Full Version : Rumour on BF

Mantis
26-10-2007, 12:24 PM
Rumour on BF that Eade will be sacked today.

Sockeye Salmon
26-10-2007, 12:24 PM
Rumour on BF that Eade will be sacked today.

Rumour is bullshit

LostDoggy
26-10-2007, 12:25 PM
Fingers crossed! I wouldnt believe BF

aker39
26-10-2007, 12:27 PM
Leave the bullshit rumours for BF

Dry Rot
26-10-2007, 01:06 PM
Time to move on - OP banned, thread deleted over there.

GVGjr
26-10-2007, 01:51 PM
The threads have been closed on BF and an infraction issued.

westdog54
27-10-2007, 01:07 PM
Fingers crossed! I wouldnt believe BF

Jerry, I've left you alone for now, but what exactly is your problem with how this club is being run? A rumour comes up that our coach is about to be sacked with a year to run on his contract, and you break out the streamers?

The Coon Dog
27-10-2007, 02:32 PM
I have a gut feeling that jerry is not a Bulldogs supporter, but a shit stirrer. Could be wrong tho & if so, I apologise. Seems more of a Freo supporter to me.

bornadog
27-10-2007, 03:27 PM
some one please delete this thread

LostDoggy
27-10-2007, 03:42 PM
What makes you think I'm a Freo fan Coon Dog? I've been a dogs supporter my whole life. I dont rate Eade as a coach. Run and stun footy doesn't work, long kicks, contested footy (denis pagan style) does. Simple?

LostDoggy
27-10-2007, 03:52 PM
The Bulldogs losing to the West Coast Eagles (semi finals 06) by 80pts, should of been a wake up call to Rocket Eade. That his side was to small, soft, unaccountable, cracked under pressure and his game plan wasn't 'finals type footy'. Then the Dogs came out in 07 playing the same style. There is no excuses to letting opposition mid-fielders run free/riot. It was a total waste of a year (07)!!

Rocket Science
27-10-2007, 04:38 PM
What makes you think I'm a Freo fan Coon Dog? I've been a dogs supporter my whole life. I dont rate Eade as a coach. Run and stun footy doesn't work, long kicks, contested footy (denis pagan style) does. Simple?

Don't suppose you've run that considered theory past Anthony Koutafides of late?

GVGjr
27-10-2007, 04:43 PM
Don't suppose you've run that considered theory past Anthony Koutafides of late?

:D I think the argument is that three of the top four teams play a direct brand of footy with long (by todays standards) kicks into the forward line.

GVGjr
27-10-2007, 04:46 PM
some one please delete this thread

BAD, it's OK to leave it here. The group here understand that the rumour was squashed very quickly over on BF.

LostDoggy
27-10-2007, 04:49 PM

That got Carlton far, even when they had Fev sitting at FF so what on earth do you think it will work for us?

And you say you dont rate Eade as a coach. What in your mind makes a good coach?

LostDoggy
27-10-2007, 04:56 PM
one word borgy. Worsfold

The Coon Dog
27-10-2007, 04:58 PM
What makes you think I'm a Freo fan Coon Dog?

In a post somewhere you said you had been watching Andrew McDougall play since he was a youngster. from that I deduce you are from Perth.

I'm generalising a bit here, but I figured you weren't a Doggies fan because of all the negative carping criticism. WOOF seems vastly different & the Doggies fans over here seem to appreciate what the club is trying to do & we perhaps are a little bit more tolerant I suppose.

You couldn't be a West Coast supporter as you don't appear arrogant.

So, using dumb logic I went: a) lives in Perth, b) doesn't support us or West Coast c) only leaves Freo.

As I said previously if i was wrong I apologise, but for Christ sake jerry, look at the glass being half full for a change!

LostDoggy
27-10-2007, 05:32 PM
Everitt showed promise, Higgins looks the goods, Williams looks Ok, Boyd was wonderful. We all know that stuff. I don't like Eade, shoot me.

Dry Rot
27-10-2007, 06:16 PM
I don't like Eade, shoot me.

That's OK - but who should we have appointed at the end of 2004 instead? Who was available (and good) that we overlooked?

bornadog
28-10-2007, 12:36 PM
The Bulldogs losing to the West Coast Eagles (semi finals 06) by 80pts, should of been a wake up call to Rocket Eade. That his side was to small, soft, unaccountable, cracked under pressure and his game plan wasn't 'finals type footy'. Then the Dogs came out in 07 playing the same style. There is no excuses to letting opposition mid-fielders run free/riot. It was a total waste of a year (07)!!

Jerry, our game plan was devised around the players we have or had available in the past couple of seasons. Yes small but I wouldn't say soft. Eade would love a game plan kicking it long into the forward line for a big forward to take a grab, but we just haven't had that sort of player. I think we did well in 2006 when we got under the guard of many teams. In fact, most teams copied us in 2007, ie using pace, moving the ball quickly into the forward line, except, the successful ones have a big forward. In fact, Geelong instructed players to shed some kilos and improve their pace. The difference is they have a Cam Mooney and an Ottens to go up forward and take a grab, or bring the ball to ground for the crumbers.

You can't just blame a coach. In all facets of life whether you are a manager, Coach or leader, you are only as good as the people you have working for you.

Jerry, please stop being negative and posting throw away lines, leave that to BF. Here, we are happy to discuss good and bad, but please constuctive critizism, if you want to have a go at a player or coach.

LostDoggy
28-10-2007, 10:40 PM

Don't you mean 'we' lost to West Coast by such and such and then 'we' came out in 07 playing the same style, etc. That would have been my first clue.

The Coon Dog
28-10-2007, 11:32 PM
Don't you mean 'we' lost to West Coast by such and such and then 'we' came out in 07 playing the same style, etc. That would have been my first clue.
Are you thinking what I'm thinking B1?

Sockeye Salmon
29-10-2007, 12:44 AM
Are you thinking what I'm thinking B1?

I think I am B2.

westdog54
29-10-2007, 03:14 AM
one word borgy. Worsfold

So all of this year's final 4 have rubbish coaches?

I suppose we can't expect too much of Eade then:rolleyes: