PDA

View Full Version : Gold Coast Sponsor Logo

Scraggers
05-05-2014, 12:26 PM

Back in 2010/11 the Western Bulldogs were told to their logo was too big and outside AFL regulations. Our jumper suppliers at the time, Diadora, had to remake 200 player jumpers within the week for us to avoid paying a hefty fine.

I would put it to you (and the AFL) that the Gold Coast FIAT logo is just as big, if not bigger than our original Mission logo.

I have attached pictures of both ... you be the judge.

1eyedog
05-05-2014, 12:48 PM
Looks just as big for mine in terms of dimensions although being white font with no borders it doesn't appear as big for mine.

bornadog
05-05-2014, 01:07 PM
The Fiat one looks bigger because of the words only, whereas the Mission one includes other graphic. If you measure from the top to bottom of each, they are most likely about the same.

On a side note:
Last year I had a voucher given to me for my birthday to spend at the Bulldog Shop. I was keen on a jacket - the one called Coaches Jacket. It looked great when I tried it on, then I saw the back which had the biggest Mission logo on a piece of clothing I had ever seen, so I didn't get it.

craigsahibee
05-05-2014, 05:06 PM
I noticed that yesterday and thought Fiat cars aren't even as big as that logo.

I vaguely recall the issue with our logo a few years back. More double standards from HQ.

Greystache
05-05-2014, 05:24 PM
I noticed that yesterday and thought Fiat cars aren't even as big as that logo.

I vaguely recall the issue with our logo a few years back. More double standards from HQ.

The AFL approved our jumpers with the logo, but Melbourne who'd lost out on the Mission sponsorship demanded the logo be measured because it was too big. They did and it was, so the AFL had to buy all new jumpers for the club and we sold off the rejects for a profit.

AFL HQ didn't really care.

KT31
07-05-2014, 11:45 AM
Our jumper looks much better with the smaller logo.

LostDoggy
07-05-2014, 08:15 PM
The Mission logo is far bigger.