PDA

View Full Version : A Don turned Dog writes about his first match as a newbie

The bulldog tragician
07-05-2014, 10:12 PM
Not sure if this is right place to post this.

An Essendon fan recently decided that he'd had enough of his club's appalling behaviour in the drug scandal, its blind adherence to Cult Hird, and refusal to take responsibility. He decided to do one of the most challenging things in sport - change teams. Luckily for us he chose us, liking our connections to the community and the resilience of our fans.

He's published this piece on how it felt to go along on Saturday night and barrack against his old club. Captures the surreal experience really well. Recommend it as a fascinating perspective - how WOULD it be to go along and barrack against Murph and Morris, for example.

Link here http://www.footyalmanac.com.au/afl-round-7-essendon-v-western-bulldogs-the-final-frontier/

( I also wrote about his intriguing experience on my blog http://www.bulldogtragician.com/1/post/2014/04/product-placement.html which also contains a link to his original article)

Remi Moses
07-05-2014, 10:26 PM
Great stuff. When was your last flag? Smug conceited arrogant and a sense of entitlement .
Sums Cult Hird up

Twodogs
07-05-2014, 11:58 PM
Interesting read. It's fascinating going back over his past blogs and reading his reasons for embracing the True Faith.

bornadog
08-05-2014, 10:04 AM
Great stuff. When was your last flag? Smug conceited arrogant and a sense of entitlement .
Sums Cult Hird up

Have heard this a million times in my life - wankers:D

Ghost Dog
08-05-2014, 10:16 AM
When was your last injection?

1eyedog
08-05-2014, 11:03 AM
Wow this is an amazing article! I couldn't imagine ever being in the same situation...

KT31
16-05-2014, 10:23 AM
Thanks for posting Tbt, great article, not sure I would ever be able to do the same.
Although I did say if it had of been the Doggies at the centre of the injection controversy and we had taken the same disgusting path of denial as Essendon, I would have considered not following a team in the AFL again.

The first time I have seen 'The Footy Almanac' so thanks also for putting me onto it.

Twodogs
16-05-2014, 11:24 AM
The first time I have seen 'The Footy Almanac' so thanks also for putting me onto it.

Yep. Good site.