PDA

View Full Version : Bankers and Anchors - Round 8

Eastdog
08-05-2014, 01:26 AM
This is the round 8 edition of the Weekly Bankers and Anchors Thread. Once the game against Melbourne is concluded post your nominations for:

The Bankers = 3 guys that you we banked on to do the right thing during the game
The Anchors = 3 guys that weighed us down by their errors or poor play

Please limit it to no more than three of each, but feel free to make honourable/dishonourable mentions. As usual try to make it constructive criticism.

Try and restrict it to individual players rather than aspects of the overall match.

The thread is named in honour of a popular WOOF Contributor, The Banker, who passed away on 22/04/2012 after a six month battle with cancer.

bulldogtragic
10-05-2014, 10:57 PM
Enjoy! Bump!

bulldogtragic
10-05-2014, 11:34 PM
B:

Libba & Griffen combining for 29 tackles
Williams roughing it out
Tutty doing what we've wanted for a while
Stewie earning his keep, despite some stupid acts

A:

Umpiring, non overrule touched, short throw ins, inconsistenty
Jones getting a good spell for a bump I fear
Dickson's shoulder

bornadog
11-05-2014, 12:02 AM
Bankers

*Tom Williams - didn't get much of the ball, but provided a target, toughed it out with an injury and kicked three goals.

* Tackling - we were ferocious tonight

* Tutt - 8 tackles, 18 disposals and a couple of goals, coach should be pleased with his defensive side.

Anchors

* Umpiring - there were two sides out there.

* Jones - very little impact for most of the game

* DRS on goals, non existent.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
11-05-2014, 12:04 AM
Bankers

1. Libba - just a mighty effort, so far and away the best on the ground, a herculean effort. 27 touches, 15 tackles, 8 clearances and 2 goals
2. Morris- outsized and often under immense pressure, still was a rock, with 12 1%ers
3. Easton Wood, another 4 Qtr, committed and composed performance. Really liking his consistency

Anchors
1. Umpiring
2. Lachie Hunter - just couldn't make a contribution tonight.

always right
11-05-2014, 01:03 AM
B:
1. Jones......not his greatest game but thought he he actually lifted after the Terlich incident when I expected him to go into his shell.
2. Libba......our best player tonight by quite some distance
3. Picken....made it a tough night for Jones and reduced his influence significantly

A:
1. Our unwillingness to take the game on and move the ball quickly
2. Our centre clearances in the first half were diabolical
3. Turnout by bulldogs supporters was embarrassing. Absolutely no atmosphere when the dogs kicked a goal.

boydogs
11-05-2014, 01:28 AM
Bankers

1. Midfield tackling pressure
2. Forwardline, 15 goals from 42 inside 50's
3. 4 quarter effort

Anchors

1. Second to the ball
2. No-one leading at the ball carrier, only advanced forward by running the ball or taking contested marks
3. Watching Daniel Cross towel us up

The bulldog tragician
11-05-2014, 01:37 AM
B:
What a mighty game from Libber. And loved the way he kicked that absolute must goal.
Courage from Williams. I enjoyed seeing him chuckle after one of his goal. This guy deserves a break - err, scrap that, some luck.
Great to see Tutt put in a good one. I hope they allow him to have continuity. Its always seemed to me his biggest problem is self belief which isn't helped when he gets turfed out more quickly than others.

A:
really hurt to see Cross play for them. Don't want to rehash whether he should have been let go or not, just saying I would have loved him to have been a Bulldog always.
Our forward entries have to be the worst in the league. Quite painful to see how difficult it is for us to score. The surprise contribution of Wildcard Williams made something out of nothing.
The Dees fans thought they got a raw deal ?!?! They are the least knowledgeable fans in the competition, yelling Ball every time a player gets tackled.

LostDoggy
11-05-2014, 01:47 AM
Bankers:

Williams. It's been said above just a gutsy performance. Well deserved.
Picken getting into Jones.
The nineteenth man, Jack Watts. Thanks old chap!
Cross. Oh, wait… (seriously though, wore his Melbourne badge and cheered him every time he touched it. Love the guy.)

Anchors:

Bombing when we're getting killed overhead.
Paul Roos' style. Thought we'd been rid of it.
Umpiring was beyond farcical, but Dees fans bitched anyway. The umps wouldn't have paid holding the ball if I had my hand on their testicles.

G-Mo77
11-05-2014, 02:08 AM
Bankers
Williams, gutsy effort. I thought he was shot.
Libba, wow. What a stud.
JJ, thought he put together a pretty decent game tonight.

Edit: Macca. Just watched the press conference and when asked about the Crameri free he said the free kick count was 22 - 8. I didn't feel sorry for Melbourne. Love it!

Anchors
Baaaalllllll!!!!! Why do I waste my energy?
The Melbourne supporters behind me whining about umpiring all dam game.
1st half was hard to sit through

boydogs
11-05-2014, 02:58 AM
Its always seemed to me his biggest problem is self belief which isn't helped when he gets turfed out more quickly than others.

He lacks composure, but playing for his life every week brings a certain urgency to his game to be involved and contribute

Remi Moses
11-05-2014, 03:34 AM
Bankers - libbas game
Gutsy from Williams
Tutt's brought a more aggressive game to the table
Crameri ( his work ethic is outstanding, the quintessential modern forward)
Thought our tackling and effort was good tonight
Anchors - The rebound teams get from our fifty kills us .
The forward line in general an ongoing migraine.
Not sure of the stat but it felt like we got beat heavily in the clearances.
Holding the ball, where has it gone?

Twodogs
11-05-2014, 03:54 AM
Bankers

1/ I noticed when Picken was sitting on the bench a couple of players tackled Jones and tried to got a physical reaction from him.
2/ Williams. Gutsy effort. You could see the guy was wincing with each step but he kept trying right through the pain.
3/ Four goals straight in the third quarter kept us within touching distance at the last change. If it had of been 4 behinds we would have been nearly 5 goals behind

Anchors

1/ Joel Corey's beard. I thought a derro had run onto the ground to pester the players for spare change
2/ Umpiring. Enough said.
3/ Decision Review System. What a farce.

EasternWest
11-05-2014, 09:12 AM
Easton Wood was outstanding.
Tom Williams was actually really important for us. Kept working hard even though injured.
Crameri just for pure workmate.

Umpiring. I rarely comment on umpiring, but it was weird last night.
Watching Cross not play for us. I was (and am) comfortable with us letting him go, but it still sucks.

soupman
11-05-2014, 09:44 AM
Bankers:

Crameri: For a player who only kicks goals when the game is done and dusted (well, according to many Essendon supporters anyway), really delivered when it counted tonight. I was very impressed with his finishing and turned out to be somewhat of a matchwinner.

Tutt, Jones and Williams: Three guys who get routinely criticised for a variety of reasons and I thought they were all good last night. Tutt was physical, aggressive and delivered when it counted in the end. Very pleased to see him have an impact throughout the match. Jones struggled in the possesion count but worked his arse off and I don't recall him letting their defenders get an easy intercept mark or clearance. Very competitive effort, shame he won't be playing for a couple of weeks. And Tommygun was not only gutsy to play through injury but kicked some very composed, classy and important goals. I think his entire career highlights reel happened last night.

Cross: Still love this guy and he was very good last night. I think it is the first time I've been genuinely happy for an opponent to do well against us.

Anchors:

Umpires: It happens every week but they still astound us with how poor they can be. Melbourne had nearly everything go in their favour the entire night (excluding a very soft Crameri free and a frustrating free to Williams) and they still contended Essendon levels of self entitlement. Forget the bump, the concept of holding the ball is dead.

Crameri*: This is a little harsh, but he does some really dumb things at times, with his three low lights being:
-The headlock on Dunn. I hate it when players do unnecessarily "tough" things like that and it gave away a stupid free. CXrameri has been a repeat offender this season with a fair bit of responding to taunts from lippy opponents.
-Not thinking through situations. Late in the last quarter Macrae kicked a dribble kick to Crameri's advantage which was clearly designed for Crameri to take over the boundary line and instead he tried the lowest of percentage kicks of the ground which basically gave them a chance at a very easy reound 50 at a crucial stage of the match when we could have locked the ball in our pocket.
-His spoil at the end of the match where he flinched Cameron Pederson style. You can't do that, it opens me up to abuse from my mates for years.
He was very good tonight though, he would just be a much better player if he cut these things out.

The Underdog
11-05-2014, 09:48 AM
Bankers:
Tackling - It's been said already how impressive our tackling was, but I'm not sure I remember a Dogs team having more than 100 tackles.

Backline - With the amount of extra ball they had inside 50, they could have broken us but Morris, Wood et al did a pretty great job

The umpires for gifting us at least 2 goals. They may have got more free kicks but that can happen when you're first to the ball.
You can whinge about them all you like but we got some crucial soft frees in front of goal.

Anchors:
For a contested ball team, we seem to be getting beaten at the contested ball pretty consistently. Sure progress isn't necessarily linear but it's a worry that we seem to be losing these stats pretty consistently.

13 less inside 50's than Melbourne. Really? Sure we had a great conversion rate which is unusual for us, but to lose the inside 50's by that much against a pretty poor team is woeful.

Goal review system - just junk it. It's poorly conceived, confusing and wastes time to no effect because the technology is not there. Trust the umpires to make the call, rather than trying to appear like you're dealing with a problem that isn't a huge problem.

soupman
11-05-2014, 09:55 AM
Tackling - It's been said already how impressive our tackling was, but I'm not sure I remember a Dogs team having more than 100 tackles.

I believe it was the thirteenth highest tally of tackles ever recorded which may go some way to explaining the above.

Goal review system - just junk it. It's poorly conceived, confusing and wastes time to no effect because the technology is not there. Trust the umpires to make the call, rather than trying to appear like you're dealing with a problem that isn't a huge problem.

I don't mind the concept, if it was actually conclusive on a consistent basis instead of always "inconclusive, umpires call" I don't think the crowd would be so upset with the massive stoppage in play. Last night showed yet again that a goal umpire can be in the perfect position and still miss what seems obvious (ie. Morris' touch).

I don't understand why the AFL doesn't buy a crate of go pros and attach them to the goalposts. Even just 2 on each goalposts where the padding ends would give you two angles of the crucial spot you need to see to determine if it was touched on the line. It still wouldn't cover half the reviews, but it would make both calls last night much more conclusive and probably help with atleast 40% of the reviews.

The Underdog
11-05-2014, 10:02 AM
I don't mind the concept, if it was actually conclusive on a consistent basis instead of always "inconclusive, umpires call" I don't think the crowd would be so upset with the massive stoppage in play. Last night showed yet again that a goal umpire can be in the perfect position and still miss what seems obvious (ie. Morris' touch).

I don't understand why the AFL doesn't buy a crate of go pros and attach them to the goalposts. Even just 2 on each goalposts where the padding ends would give you two angles of the crucial spot you need to see to determine if it was touched on the line. It still wouldn't cover half the reviews, but it would make both calls last night much more conclusive and probably help with atleast 40% of the reviews.

The concept is fine. The execution is a farce. They've reacted to a perceived problem by bringing in a system that adds no clarity at all. If you're going to do it, take your time and do it properly. I'm also not sure that any decisions outside of line ball ones will work anyway. I think the touched in play ones are too difficult to adjudicate using a camera without a "snicko" type system that would hold up the game for ages and probably be more controversial than an umpiring decision.

ratsmac
11-05-2014, 10:31 AM
BANKERS

Libba - the kid is a machine. Tough as nails.

Morris - this won't be the last time I say this but he plays above his height and wins yet again.

Cross - continues to put his head over the ball........ Oops he doesn't play for us any more.

MaCrae - the kid was taught a lesson and he is a quick learner. Cross towelled him up most of the night but he never once conceded defeat. He kept tackling and crashing in when things weren't going his way. He has the makings of a very complete footballer.

Griffen - like MaCrae, when things weren't going like he would've liked, he just continued smashing into bodies and tackling. 15 tackles, that's leading by example.

Williams - he played on whilst being injured and snagged a couple. That's worth a banker all day long.

ANCHORS

Game plan /style - I believe that we play a style that we will be in most games we play. We will take it up to some good teams and might pinch one here and there. But what urks me is that we are always beatable and it doesn't matter who against. We seem to be in every game we play but so are the opposition no matter how good or shite they are.

Umpiring - deplorable

G-Mo77
11-05-2014, 10:46 AM
MaCrae - the kid was taught a lesson and he is a quick learner. Cross towelled him up most of the night but he never once conceded defeat. He kept tackling and crashing in when things weren't going his way. He has the makings of a very complete footballer.

This. From a sketchy memory it's probably the first time anyone has put extra work into him. Also had a really good last quarter, especially when it counted.

Scorlibo
11-05-2014, 12:42 PM

Griffen - like MaCrae, when things weren't going like he would've liked, he just continued smashing into bodies and tackling. 15 tackles, that's leading by example.

ANCHORS

Game plan /style - I believe that we play a style that we will be in most games we play. We will take it up to some good teams and might pinch one here and there. But what urks me is that we are always beatable and it doesn't matter who against. We seem to be in every game we play but so are the opposition no matter how good or shite they are.

A couple of really great points ratsmac. Macrae showed some ticker in the last to battle on and I completely understand what you're saying with our style of play. I'm hoping it's not so much a fundamentally flawed style as it is inexperience in putting our foot to the throat. Will be disappointed if we don't get at least one 5+ goal victory this season.

jazzadogs
11-05-2014, 01:42 PM
This. From a sketchy memory it's probably the first time anyone has put extra work into him. Also had a really good last quarter, especially when it counted.

Cross seemed to move more onto Libba in the last quarter, which let Macrae off the leash a little. I actually think tonight was the hardest I've seen him blow at the end of the game - could be because he is just exhausted after 8 weeks of fantastic football, but I think he actually just worked harder than usual last night to try and get away from Cross. I was really impressed with his game.

westdog54
11-05-2014, 06:40 PM
Anchors

Libba. Went into beast mode last night. Hasn't peaked yet either.
Williams. Superlatives won't do him justice today.
Morris. If we were to rewrite our team of the century tomorrow he gets in. Still the best 1 on 1 defender in the league.

Anchors

Jones. Not for his overall game but that bump was undisciplined and unnecessary and will cost him weeks.
Williams' body. Seriously, just let him play!
Goal reviews. Get it right or ditch it because the league can't afford a middle ground on this.

Ozza
11-05-2014, 09:27 PM
Bankers:
Libba- he's a mighty player. Did it all.
Griffen- for sheer effort. Just stayed involved, 15 tackles, created a goal out of not much, really important in the clinches when we needed him. Great captains game.
Macrae- loved that he dealt with the tag and didn't drop his bundle. 11 tackles and a good last quarter.
Tutt- I've said this many times, but I like what he brings to the side, his running power came to the fore in the last quarter.

Anchors:
Probably no individuals in particular. Thought the umpiring was poor, and the forwards got far too high up the ground.
Also, in our typical fashion when we get to the MCG, we didn't set up the ground very well.

LostDoggy
11-05-2014, 10:56 PM
Bankers
Easton Wood and Dale Morris- My gosh. Some mighty efforts.

Tutt - So happy for him and his contribution.

Our last quarter- It was such a big quarter for us and everyone together put their head over it and kicked it up a gear. It was a fantastic win.

Anchors
Still wish we would pull the trigger faster on kicks and go through the corridor more often.

Couldn't have been more against us in terms of umpiring. Non holding the balls in tackles and high tackles against. This coupled with Nat Jones getting frees at every stoppage he enters because he throws his arms in the air whilst Ryan Griffen has 2 blokes consistently under his jumper made me sick. Wasn't aware Brian Taylor was a gold member of Melbourne.

Goal line technology not being played in normal time is a farcical.

bornadog
11-05-2014, 11:23 PM
Couldn't have been more against us in terms of umpiring. Non holding the balls in tackles and high tackles against. This coupled with Nat Jones getting frees at every stoppage he enters because he throws his arms in the air whilst Ryan Griffen has 2 blokes consistently under his jumper made me sick. Wasn't aware Brian Taylor was a gold member of Melbourne.

Goal line technology not being played in normal time is a farcical.

Then you get Paul Roos winging about two free kicks - The one to Crameri and why didn't the player knocked out get a free.

Umpiring is as you say farcical.

Happy Days
12-05-2014, 12:33 AM
Then you get Paul Roos winging about two free kicks - The one to Crameri and why didn't the player knocked out get a free.

You know what would have helped Melbourne win the game? Not missing goals from 35 metres out straight in front. An AFL coach complaining about umpiring is pathetic.

The Underdog
12-05-2014, 07:49 AM
You know what would have helped Melbourne win the game? Not missing goals from 35 metres out straight in front. An AFL coach complaining about umpiring is pathetic.

That's funny I feel the same way about supporters doing it after a game is over (and yes of course I have). It's amazing how rarely you hear anybody talk about how their team totally got the better of the umpiring and it won them the game. Umpires generally don't win or lose you games of footy. I thought both sides got dodgy frees paid and some missed. If we get to the ball first more often, we'll likely get more frees. Whinging about umpires is for Collingwood supporters.

bornadog
12-05-2014, 09:48 AM

That's funny I feel the same way about supporters doing it after a game is over (and yes of course I have). It's amazing how rarely you hear anybody talk about how their team totally got the better of the umpiring and it won them the game. Umpires generally don't win or lose you games of footy. I thought both sides got dodgy frees paid and some missed. If we get to the ball first more often, we'll likely get more frees. Whinging about umpires is for Collingwood supporters.

Dogs coach Brendan McCartney offered a clever response to the soft decision, quipping: “It happened right at a time when I asked our stats man what the free kick count was.
“And it was 10-22, so no I wasn’t feeling too sorry for Melbourne.”

The point I was making Underdog is the cheek of Roos to complain about umpiring decisions when Melbourne had double our free kicks.

The Underdog
12-05-2014, 09:52 AM
The point I was making Underdog is the cheek of Roos to complain about umpiring decisions when Melbourne had double our free kicks.

I wasn't really referring back to your comment but to be fair, Roos was right about both. The free kick count isn't particularly relevant in my eyes. There's nothing that says that free kicks need to be even in a game.

always right
12-05-2014, 10:01 AM
More pertinent was the fact that it seemed the only blokes holding onto opponents at clearances were bulldogs players:rolleyes: It was okay for Griffen and Libba to be almost sexually molested whereas Jones picked up free kicks simply by throwing his arms up in the air whenever Picken touched him. Funny how Roos never mentioned this.

bulldogsthru&thru
12-05-2014, 12:36 PM
B:
What a mighty game from Libber. And loved the way he kicked that absolute must goal.
Courage from Williams. I enjoyed seeing him chuckle after one of his goal. This guy deserves a break - err, scrap that, some luck.
Great to see Tutt put in a good one. I hope they allow him to have continuity. Its always seemed to me his biggest problem is self belief which isn't helped when he gets turfed out more quickly than others.

A:
really hurt to see Cross play for them. Don't want to rehash whether he should have been let go or not, just saying I would have loved him to have been a Bulldog always.
Our forward entries have to be the worst in the league. Quite painful to see how difficult it is for us to score. The surprise contribution of Wildcard Williams made something out of nothing.
The Dees fans thought they got a raw deal ?!?! They are the least knowledgeable fans in the competition, yelling Ball every time a player gets tackled.

This. Has been the case for years. They are the biggest bunch of whingers. I was at a Melbourne v Saints game this year and was quietly hoping Melbourne would win as i dislike the Saints too much. Half a quarter in i was going for the Saints as EVERY melbourne supporter was constantly whining about the umpiring, yelling BALL after every tackle. Pack of whiners....guess that what happens when you are handed everything

bulldogsthru&thru
12-05-2014, 12:53 PM

How good is our midfield going to be? We have had Libba, Girff, Dahl now Macrae getting tagged. YOu could also add Boyd at the moment and Bontempeilli in the future. Looking good in the midfield, but the other ends of the ground are still a concern.

Dogmatic
12-05-2014, 01:25 PM
Anchors

Anchors

Jones. Not for his overall game but that bump was undisciplined and unnecessary and will cost him weeks.

I actually was a little happy to see Jones show a bit of physicality and agressiveness on a couple occasions throughout the night. That doesn't mean i want him getting suspended every second week....but i like the fact he is acting like a key forward.

SlimPickens
12-05-2014, 04:22 PM
I actually was a little happy to see Jones show a bit of physicality and agressiveness on a couple occasions throughout the night. That doesn't mean i want him getting suspended every second week....but i like the fact he is acting like a key forward.

This. I'm glad Jones is starting the throw his weight around and also flying the flag for his smaller teammates when required.

LostDoggy
13-05-2014, 12:46 PM
The headlock on Dunn. I hate it when players do unnecessarily "tough" things like that and it gave away a stupid free. CXrameri has been a repeat offender this season with a fair bit of responding to taunts from lippy opponents.
It's not hard to imagine what the topic of the sledging is, and I'd be a bit pissed off if I was staring down the barrel of two years' sitting on my arse in my prime, a few months after winning a big money contract. Maybe we should cut him a little slack for being a bit grumpy.

For a contested ball team, we seem to be getting beaten at the contested ball pretty consistently. Sure progress isn't necessarily linear but it's a worry that we seem to be losing these stats pretty consistently.
Are we really a contested ball team? In 2013, yes, but this really hasn't been our style this year. Without looking at the stats, pretty sure we've been nailed almost every game in contested footy, and this may not be unintentional.

What are others' thoughts on that?

Cross seemed to move more onto Libba in the last quarter, which let Macrae off the leash a little. I actually think tonight was the hardest I've seen him blow at the end of the game - could be because he is just exhausted after 8 weeks of fantastic football, but I think he actually just worked harder than usual last night to try and get away from Cross. I was really impressed with his game.
Good ol' Danny, still helping us out. Great learning experience for Macrae, and a fantastic teacher of single-mindedness if ever there was one.

This. Has been the case for years. They are the biggest bunch of whingers. I was at a Melbourne v Saints game this year and was quietly hoping Melbourne would win as i dislike the Saints too much. Half a quarter in i was going for the Saints as EVERY melbourne supporter was constantly whining about the umpiring, yelling BALL after every tackle. Pack of whiners....guess that what happens when you are handed everything

Meh. They voted their own club out of existence. Who gives a flying Brian Taylor what they think?

boydogs
13-05-2014, 02:13 PM
Are we really a contested ball team? In 2013, yes, but this really hasn't been our style this year. Without looking at the stats, pretty sure we've been nailed almost every game in contested footy, and this may not be unintentional.

What are others' thoughts on that?

It's been very close in most games

1eyedog
13-05-2014, 06:45 PM
It's not hard to imagine what the topic of the sledging is, and I'd be a bit pissed off if I was staring down the barrel of two years' sitting on my arse in my prime, a few months after winning a big money contract. Maybe we should cut him a little slack for being a bit grumpy.

Imagine playing in a forward line like ours? I'd be doing the Barry Hall every week.

SlimPickens
13-05-2014, 08:21 PM
Bankers:
Easton Wood/Rob Murphy- both putting their body on the line diving across the front of the leading to spoil the ball going forward.

Libba- Outstanding performance, love watching him lead our midfield.

Tutt- if he brings that effort every week he'll play plenty of senior football this year.

Anchors
Minson- not a big knock but thought he was beaten by Jamar.

Laconic kicking- ie Stringer missing JJ with a 15m chip, which ended up costing us a goal.

Poor Umpiring- both field and boundary. So many recalled throw ins.

LostDoggy
13-05-2014, 11:49 PM

Haha correct. Can not believe the commentary around Melbourne getting the raw end of the deal umpiring wise in the media. Hutchy last night on Classified made me furious. The umpires boss coming out saying it was a free to Crameri was gold.

jeemak
14-05-2014, 04:16 AM
Haha correct. Can not believe the commentary around Melbourne getting the raw end of the deal umpiring wise in the media. Hutchy last night on Classified made me furious. The umpires boss coming out saying it was a free to Crameri was gold.

Paul Roos is the biggest dickbag in the game right now.

Apparently because the AFL pays him he's smarter than everyone. Love seeing him erode his reputation, day in and day out.

His commentary around that was great, only because Bmac shut it down so well.

Ghost Dog
14-05-2014, 11:23 AM
" The biggest dickbag in the game" is quite a call. There are a few climbing the ranks above him.
A coach is naturally a bit bitter after losing a close game. He was obviously disappointed with the loss.
I don't think Roos was as scathing as the media make out. It was poor judgement on his behalf to go into it at length, during the start of the presser. It was the reporters who spun it to make that play the focus, and unfortunately, Roos took the bait.
He's a good coach, and anyone who saw Melbourne play last year compared to Saturday will agree he has transformed that list.

Bulldog4life
14-05-2014, 11:29 AM
" The biggest dickbag in the game" is quite a call. There are a few climbing the ranks above him.
A coach is naturally a bit bitter after losing a close game. He was obviously disappointed with the loss.
I don't think Roos was as scathing as the media make out. It was poor judgement on his behalf to go into it at length, during the start of the presser. It was the reporters who spun it to make that play the focus, and unfortunately, Roos took the bait.
How that makes him the biggest dickbag, not sure. There are far bigger ones IMO.

But GD he so enthusiastically took the bait. For any coach to still be talking about one free kick 72 hours after the game is very poor form indeed. He was sooking.

Maddog37
14-05-2014, 05:13 PM
Wasn't he still complaining on Monday at a press conference? Not as if it was in the embers of defeat straight after the game.

Ghost Dog
14-05-2014, 08:58 PM
I agree I thought it was poor form at the time, and I wasn't aware that he was still on about it that long after.
If true, his dick bag stocks are rising indeed.

bornadog
14-05-2014, 10:45 PM
I agree I thought it was poor form at the time, and I wasn't aware that he was still on about it that long after.
If true, his dick bag stocks are rising indeed.

I have zero respect for Roos and it all came home to roost when I heard he sacked Barry Hall via a text message. Too gutless to face him. It's always been about him and no one else.

I hated him as a footballer and the love the press has given him from playing days to coach.

1eyedog
14-05-2014, 11:09 PM
I have zero respect for Roos and it all came home to roost when I heard he sacked Barry Hall via a text message. Too gutless to face him. It's always been about him and no one else.

I hated him as a footballer and the love the press has given him from playing days to coach.

I'd forgotten about that. Imagine telling your premiership captain that he is no longer required by text.

Remi Moses
15-05-2014, 12:50 AM
Loved Mccartney's post match quip on the Crameri free kick.
Turned around at that time and asked " what's the free kick count"
Shut up Million dollar man Roos

Remi Moses
15-05-2014, 12:51 AM

That was cowardly. Wonder if Roos thought he might cop the Staker treatment

1eyedog
16-05-2014, 10:26 AM
That was cowardly. Wonder if Roos thought he might cop the Staker treatment

He may very likely have thought that, yes, but he needed to cop it on the chin pardon the pun.

Twodogs
16-05-2014, 03:39 PM
They could of restrained Barry like Anthony Hopkins in Silence Of The Lambs before Roosy emerged from his ppanic room in the ceiling space of his office.