Round 11 Fixture

Date Home vs Away Venue AEST Local TV

Thu 29 May Sydney Swans v Geelong Cats SCG 7:10pm 7:10pm Seven

Fri 30 May St Kilda v Collingwood Etihad Stadium 7:50pm 7:50pm Seven

Sat 31 May Melbourne v Port Adelaide TIO Traeger Park 1:40pm 1:10pm Foxtel

Sat 31 May Brisbane Lions v Carlton Gabba 4:40pm 4:40pm Foxtel

Sat 31 May Essendon v Richmond MCG 7:45pm 7:45pm Seven

Sun 1 Jun Adelaide Crows v Gold Coast Suns Adelaide Oval 1:10pm 12:40pm Foxtel

Sun 1 Jun Western Bulldogs v Fremantle Dockers Etihad Stadium 3:20pm 3:20pm Seven

Sun 1 Jun Hawthorn v GWS Giants MCG 4:40pm 4:40pm Foxtel

Sun 1 Jun West Coast Eagles v North Melbourne Patersons Stadium 7:40pm 5:40pm Foxtel

bulldogtragic
29-05-2014, 09:52 PM
I wonder if the AFL media police will decide Goodes should be suspended for sniping Selwood.

Off his feet, head high, strong force.

Already commentators launching into the defence, but if Liam Picken does it....

jeemak
29-05-2014, 10:16 PM
Seeing Geelong getting pantsed like this doesn't make me feel better about the 3rd quarter of Sunday's game, but I would argue the talent differential between ourselves and GC is probably similar to Geelong and Sydney.

Shows everyone can have a terrible day/night and it doesn't really mean all's lost.

jeemak
29-05-2014, 10:59 PM
Just saw the Goodes incident.

1 - He'll get off

2 - He did it deliberately

3 - When you're jumping in the air, realising you can't get the footy the way you planned so then decide to bump someone in the face you should get done

4 - The apologists to the protected players, who work in the media are tarts

bulldogtragic
29-05-2014, 11:09 PM
Just saw the Goodes incident.

1 - He'll get off

2 - He did it deliberately

3 - When you're jumping in the air, realising you can't get the footy the way you planned so then decide to bump someone in the face you should get done

4 - The apologists to the protected players, who work in the media are tarts

Yep, yep, yep and yes.

I didn't realise winning a brownlow meant you could elbow other players in the face. Someone needs to tell Cooney ASAP.

jeemak
29-05-2014, 11:36 PM
I just laugh at the way the game is covered.

Not having Fox, I don't get to watch as much international sport as I'd like. One thing that I find when I do, is that even though the coverage is hyper-produced there's no overt ball licking narrative of the stars each time a game is played, let alone the narrative that goes with whichever team is supposed to win that day (FIFA World Cup aside - I can't stand the way it's covered and adjudicated).

The AFL operates in an insular and backward environment. That it does will eventually be to its detriment.

Remi Moses
29-05-2014, 11:48 PM
Biggest Geelong loss since 1990.
In games decided by 50 pts or more since 07 Geelong are 55 from 57!!
Lot of hysteria on Buddy ruining Sydney's culture. Fair to say that might have been premature.
Thought Sydney's pressure was just incredible.their defence won't get any accolades, but they're first class.
I'd say Geelong will bounce back

jeemak
29-05-2014, 11:55 PM
I don't have the same confidence in Geelong that you do. I think they're top of the mid table teams nowadays, which is fair enough considering the run they've had.

The reality of the AFL now is that teams will bottom out relative to their resources at some stage. I think we're seeing the start of it with Geelong.

Remi Moses
30-05-2014, 11:35 PM
Here's me thinking the mantra was teams "earning" their Friday night games!
Yet we get Stkilda coming off 16 th getting a gig!
Stkilda remind me of us in Mccartney's 1st season

Greystache
31-05-2014, 04:25 PM
Dom Tyson can seriously play. A tough ball winner who can kick 60m accurately, gun.

Remi Moses
31-05-2014, 05:41 PM
Port were there for the taking today.
Sign of a very good side that plays poorly and still gets over the line.
Listened to the game and it sounds like Boak got them over the line .
Very good performance from the Dees, but they'd be disappointed they didn't get the chocolates.

G-Mo77
31-05-2014, 08:22 PM
Ha ha. Brisbane just beat Carlton thanks to 2 undisciplined idiots who they rate so highly. Love it!

bulldogtragic
31-05-2014, 08:25 PM
Ha ha. Brisbane just beat Carlton thanks to 2 undisciplined idiots who they rate so highly. Love it!

Touché GMo, touché. :)

lemmon
31-05-2014, 09:11 PM
Richmond are awful, they must play touch footy at training- go to water under any sort of pressure and apply none themselves. Hardwick won't survive the year.

jeemak
31-05-2014, 09:18 PM
Waite would have to be the biggest douche in the competition. I mean, he probably isn't a bad bloke but he can't help but be a dickhead on the field and it costs his club multiple times in a season.

Of course it was soft in the scheme of things, but aggressive high contact gets punished all the time.

jeemak
31-05-2014, 09:19 PM
Richmond are awful, they must play touch footy at training- go to water under any sort of pressure and apply none themselves. Hardwick won't survive the year.

I think we should give them another Blockbuster game.

Remi Moses
31-05-2014, 11:54 PM
Folks buckle up .
Tiger talkback coming up

jeemak
01-06-2014, 12:18 AM
Folks buckle up .
Tiger talkback coming up

Do not listen to talkback!

Seriously, I think the adverse affects of listening to footy talkback on ABC or SEN should be clinically examined. It's bad for people.

Remi Moses
01-06-2014, 12:26 AM
Do not listen to talkback!

Seriously, I think the adverse affects of listening to footy talkback on ABC or SEN should be clinically examined. It's bad for people.

It's good for a laugh, and I don't take it seriously.
Nothing wrong with a bit of schadenfreude Jee.

jeemak
01-06-2014, 12:36 AM
It's good for a laugh, and I don't take it seriously.
Nothing wrong with a bit of schadenfreude Jee.

I'm glad you can treat it as a laugh, I'm too intense for that it seems. Talk back radio actually changes the way my car smells due to the release of anger related pheromones.

LostDoggy
01-06-2014, 03:36 AM
"We are a very mediocre football team" :D Love it!!!!!

Gonsky is Hardwick...

Remi Moses
01-06-2014, 04:46 AM
Watched the game and Hardwick is right.
The media waxed lyrical on their "Moneyball" recruiting.
You don't need sabermetrics to tell us that Hampson is useless.
List management is all wrong, as they've copied Hawthorn by topping up with players, but the issue is they're ordinary footballers.

Sedat
01-06-2014, 05:03 AM
In light of Brisbane's victory last night, are we a silly chance for the wooden spoon this year? Got a brutal draw after the Brisbane game next week. We only beat GWS and Melb in the last 10 mins, and fell in against Richmond, all of whom are bottom 4 sides. It's not out of the question that we could end up stone motherless in 2014.

LostDoggy
01-06-2014, 08:41 AM
In light of Brisbane's victory last night, are we a silly chance for the wooden spoon this year? Got a brutal draw after the Brisbane game next week. We only beat GWS and Melb in the last 10 mins, and fell in against Richmond, all of whom are bottom 4 sides. It's not out of the question that we could end up stone motherless in 2014.
Good, we can get a KPF.

bulldogtragic
01-06-2014, 10:40 AM

You read my mind. I watched the last few minutes of Brisbane winning yesterday and that was my thoughts exactly. It's not a silly chance, it's a realistic proposition you raise.

LostDoggy
01-06-2014, 10:54 AM
No. We are not that bad.

Topdog
01-06-2014, 12:44 PM
You read my mind. I watched the last few minutes of Brisbane winning yesterday and that was my thoughts exactly. It's not a silly chance, it's a realistic proposition you raise.

We probably have to win 2 out of these 4 games to not get the spoon

Brisbane @ Etihad
Melbourne @ Etihad
Saints @ Etihad
GWS @ Etihad

I wouldnt write off beating Essendon in late July @ Etihad either.

So I highly doubt it but at 3-6 of course we are a chance for the spoon.

bulldogtragic
01-06-2014, 12:49 PM

Brisbane @ Etihad
Melbourne @ Etihad
Saints @ Etihad
GWS @ Etihad

I'm not saying we are, but that's it's a realistic proposition, ie it's not so illogical to dismiss it.

I agree with your assessment on those 4 games, but it depends which Bulldogs team takes to the ground. The team from late last year could win all 4. If the team that played WCE, North earlier this year, and GCS last week plays the rest of the year, I'm not sure I'd bank on 2 wins though.

bornadog
01-06-2014, 12:53 PM

Brisbane @ Etihad
Melbourne @ Etihad
Saints @ Etihad
GWS @ Etihad

We have 13 games left and need to win at least half to say we have improved on last year.

lemmon
01-06-2014, 07:35 PM
Giants lead the Hawks...we may be in for a very early pick

GVGjr
01-06-2014, 07:46 PM
Giants lead the Hawks...we may be in for a very early pick

It's goo to see one of the fancied sides being pushed back a bit. Given their injuries it's a fair old start they are going to give sides. Baptism of fire for the stand in coach.