PDA

View Full Version : Greg Swan & Ahmed Saad -

azabob
28-05-2014, 07:00 PM
OK, both will be available for roles in 2015.

Should we pursue either of these guys in some shape or form?

Greg Swan has runs on the board - albeit with big clubs - but apparently loves a challenge. Rumours floating around he is headed to one of the Queensland clubs.

Ahmed Saad - We all know what happened. Could he add value in our forward line?

bulldogtragic
28-05-2014, 07:03 PM

Greg Swan has runs on the board - albeit with big clubs - but apparently loves a challenge. Rumours floating around he is headed to one of the Queensland clubs.

I think the clubs will let Saad go back to the Aints if they want him. A bit like Clarke going back to Collingwood, the clubs might just let him go to pick 80 or whatever irrelevant pick they use.

bornadog
28-05-2014, 07:03 PM

Not sure on Greg Swan but I would give Saad a go. He is not a drug taker in all accounts, he was careless with sports drinks.

azabob
28-05-2014, 07:05 PM
I think the clubs will let Saad go back to the Aints if they want him. A bit like Clarke going back to Collingwood, the clubs might just let him go to pick 80 or whatever irrelevant pick they use.

Interesting thought process. He may not want to go back to the aints... driving to Seaford is a long way!! Did they support him enough during it?

azabob
28-05-2014, 07:06 PM
Not sure on Greg Swan but I would give Saad a go. He is not a drug taker in all accounts, he was careless with sports drinks.

I think if Swan was to come, it would mean Garlick would have to step down a rung, not sure he'd want to do that.

bulldogtragic
28-05-2014, 07:08 PM
Interesting thought process. He may not want to go back to the aints... driving to Seaford is a long way!! Did they support him enough during it?

Aints will be long gone by then, it was such a stupid decision to ignore the players wishes and go what is a sterile cultureless environment. As to Saad, they played him a final game before 'the b sample' when I think it was the wrong thing to do, so he would be happy with that you would have to imagine. There was nothing the Aints could do, he took a banned substance, only thing for him was that the Essendon affair took all the heat off him.

azabob
28-05-2014, 07:11 PM
Aints will be long gone by then, it was such a stupid decision to ignore the players wishes and go what is a sterile cultureless environment. As to Saad, they played him a final game before 'the b sample' when I think it was the wrong thing to do, so he would be happy with that you would have to imagine. There was nothing the Aints could do, he took a banned substance, only thing for him was that the Essendon affair took all the heat off him.

Ture, that was a Watters call to play him though, not club sanctioned.

Oh yeah, lay off Seaford... Some pretty good blokes spent the first 20 odd years of their life there... ;)

bulldogtragic
28-05-2014, 07:19 PM
Ture, that was a Watters call to play him though, not club sanctioned.

Oh yeah, lay off Seaford... Some pretty good blokes spent the first 20 odd years of their life there... ;)

Nah, no crack at Seaford the place that was near my formative years around Frankston. Back then Seaford was like Toorak to us who had our school shut, then merged into a tech and taught in the canteen's store room. Seriously, we did psychology in a room surrounded by food boxes and a door between the deep fryers for1,500 kids, I wonder how we did it?? And Seaford had all the good football players too, with teams in every division.

The reference to cultureless was about that sterile building they built, there's nothing that says footy club. As a treat once a year we got to train at Moorabbin, and yeah it was dilapidated but you could feel footy in the stands and around the ground. In surgical speak, their facility is like the sterile surgery room and I don't think that's conducive to the emotion they need to their club and profession. The player's didn't want to go and think their club has to take responsibility for the circus since the decision.

Happy Days
28-05-2014, 08:24 PM
What difference is there between Saad and Dickson?

azabob
28-05-2014, 08:25 PM
What difference is there between Saad and Dickson?

Don't know - what?

Happy Days
28-05-2014, 08:29 PM
Don't know - what?

I'm going with very little; I see no point to recruit him.

azabob
28-05-2014, 08:42 PM
I'm going with very little; I see no point to recruit him.

Thought you might have had punchline of some sort ;)

Yeah you are probably right about they being very similar players, except maybe the agility side of things.

boydogs
28-05-2014, 08:48 PM
No issue with Saad drug wise, it was just a protein shake that he had no reason to believe had the banned substance in it that it did. As a footy player he doesn't particularly excite me though

Happy Days
28-05-2014, 08:49 PM
Thought you might have had punchline of some sort ;)

Yeah you are probably right about they being very similar players, except maybe the agility side of things.

I'm running a melancholy gimmick at the moment can't you tell

Twodogs
28-05-2014, 08:53 PM
Dickson has a three year contract

LostDoggy
29-05-2014, 10:06 AM
I think if Swan was to come, it would mean Garlick would have to step down a rung, not sure he'd want to do that.

Garlick is leaving isn't he?

Ghost Dog
29-05-2014, 10:11 AM
I say we have a go at Ricky Dixon ^_^
Man if Essendon players don't get done, I would be filthy if I were SAAD.
Opps, right Crameri plays for us now...

bornadog
29-05-2014, 10:31 AM

Please tell more.

azabob
29-05-2014, 10:32 AM

Please tell more.

Agree - tell us more M.R.M

LostDoggy
29-05-2014, 10:35 AM
Agree - tell us more M.R.M

Not sure, but i recall he was moving on at the end of the year? I may be completely wrong with this and have him mixed up with someone else, but i genuinely thought he made plans to move on....

The Doctor
29-05-2014, 01:10 PM
I'd take Swann in a heartbeat