PDA

View Full Version : Bones broken countless times, but Western Bulldog Tom Williams never beaten

wb_age
29-05-2014, 09:05 PM
Article in the age

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/western-bulldogs/bones-broken-countless-times-but-western-bulldog-tom-williams-never-beaten-20140529-zrs3e.html

Article in the herald sun

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/injuryprone-western-bulldogs-defender-tom-williams-thought-about-retiring-but-found-motivation-to-keep-going/story-fndv8weh-1226936338123

The bulldog tragician
29-05-2014, 11:16 PM
These are excellent articles. How I feel for all that Tom has been through. What a fantastic bloke he is. I love his comments about the joy he got from kicking those goals v Melb for his team mates, and the fans.

If he does make it to 100 games, he jokes he should get a statue outside the Whitten Oval. I know I won't be the only one giving him a standing ovation. Good luck, Tom. There's lots of different ways to be a champion, you might just have shown the world another one.

bornadog
29-05-2014, 11:23 PM
We all know he is such a talent. Just hope he can get through a few seasons without injury, after all, he deserves it with what he has been through.

jeemak
29-05-2014, 11:30 PM
True Bulldogs, and seemingly a nice guy.

It's strange to think that after all this he still has time in the game. Ten years and 194 operations, still going at it.

Great articles, thanks for posting.

Remi Moses
29-05-2014, 11:55 PM
Is it possible Tom's had more operations than games?
Thanks for posting two great articles. Sounds like a lovely bloke who desperately deserves a break .
Clubs cop a lot of criticism for their treatment of players, but this is one instance the club deserves some credit.

Scorlibo
30-05-2014, 12:06 AM
What a great article. I have a lot of respect for Tommy. We're all hoping he gets a good run at it, a happy ending.

LostDoggy
30-05-2014, 03:44 PM
What a champion. That's some inspirational reading. I can't help but feel a bit like, I'm sitting there thinking mate why not just hang up the boots, and he's thinking the same, but he has another go anyway and refuses to give up.

That's the kind of stuff Kipling wrote poems about.

craigsahibee
30-05-2014, 04:46 PM
Fair play to Tom. A lesser man may not have gone this far. For Tom's and our sake, I hope he can string together a couple of years of continuous footy. Would desperately love to see him get to 100 games.

AndrewP6
30-05-2014, 10:45 PM
Good on the bloke, don't know if I'd have had the same sort of willingness to get up again... and again... and again. And. ...

Wish him a clear run at it, he deserves that at the very least.

Ghost Dog
30-05-2014, 11:15 PM
I think a few folk in the burnout thread should read this.

w3design
30-05-2014, 11:31 PM
beautiful words, the melbourne game might just turned his life around, really hope he can play out 100+ games for us.