PDA

View Full Version : In Your Opinion: Draws

bulldogtragic
31-05-2014, 08:24 PM
Draws are a funny thing, sometimes they feel like losses, sometimes wins, sometime dead.

For me, the draw about a decade ago at Subi, was it Sampi after the siren after we worked our butts off all day. Dead set deflating. The 2 points meant Jack.

Conversely,

The draw with the tigers, I want to say 2008 (?). Behind all day, the Tiges morons giving it to me all last quarter. As we crept back I kept smiling, one guy starting punching the seats and screaming when Lake snuck forward to take a mark and fake cramp, which led to expletives, Minno takes the kick and the smile turned into laughter. Browny denied a free kick with seconds to go. I could have sworn us bulldog folk thought it was 4 points.

bornadog
31-05-2014, 11:52 PM
Draws are a funny thing, sometimes they feel like losses, sometimes wins, sometime dead.

For me, the draw about a decade ago at Subi, was it Sampi after the siren after we worked our butts off all day. Dead set deflating. The 2 points meant Jack.

Conversely,

The draw with the tigers, I want to say 2008 (?). Behind all day, the Tiges morons giving it to me all last quarter. As we crept back I kept smiling, one guy starting punching the seats and screaming when Lake snuck forward to take a mark and fake cramp, which led to expletives, Minno takes the kick and the smile turned into laughter. Browny denied a free kick with seconds to go. I could have sworn us bulldog folk thought it was 4 points.

I remember the guys in front of me left at the 25 minute mark.

We had a draw in the 80's against North at the MCG. We were behind for most of the day.
I lost track of the scores and when Super McPherson kicked a goal on the siren to draw the match, I thought we won and was jumping up and down on the spot. Needless to say every one around me thought I was a bit strange.