PDA

View Full Version : When players did what you were thinking, but shouldn't have?

bulldogtragic
31-05-2014, 08:33 PM
I'm thinking undisciplined acts, suspensions or cheeky gestures to players or the crowd etc.

First to mind in Shaggy Hargrave. Black just pissed me off so much, I couldn't stand him as a player. A scuffle breaks out, and Shaggy threw in my honest opinion the best technical punch (not Hall haymaker stuff) and it landed flush. For that millionth of a second it was like he was reading my mind. Then it was, what did you do that for, that's big weeks?

I'm not condoning violence, it might be Nat Brown giving it the GABBA crowd, or something between players. Just that moment where one of our boys did something you were thinking you wish you could do if you on the park... And then they did it! :)

jeemak
31-05-2014, 09:00 PM
I grew up playing with Black. Troubled lad, who let himself down socially on a number of occasions through his career (he belted a good mate of mine once, and let's just say he treated another mate very badly - but he was only young and starting out then).

I didn't mind him on the field so much, though I didn't watch a lot of Fremantle - or the Saints. There were certainly players I would prefer to see clipped more than Heath for actions on the field.

Interestingly Heath was good with the gloves on. Suppose there's always someone just as good or better, and more willing to step it up just around the corner.