PDA

View Full Version : Imagine you're Peter Gordon & Macca's Review is Coming Up.

bulldogtragic
02-06-2014, 11:20 AM
Hypothetical, of course. I'm interested to see the types of KPI's you personally see as important from before the season and how you think he is tracking against the things you see as relevant to reviewing him in a mid-season typical (employee) performance management process?

Optional question b) If Macca was not re-signed last year, when would you re-sign him, now or after the season? If after the season, what KPI's on win/loss ratio would you be telling Macca are essential by season's end? If you would sign him now, what is the reasoning and do see any messages either positive or negative to the club, coaches, players or members/supporters?

The questions are around what you think, not what Peter might or might not think.

G-Mo77
02-06-2014, 11:41 AM
I don't think it should be judged on W/L. It was always going to be a huge uphill slog so I'd take that out of the equation. Progression, development not just single players but a team as a whole. I see some good development with some players, others not so much but not every player is going to be a great AFL player or even a decent AFL player. For our entire team I see no progression at all on the field. Our deficits are shrinking compared to 2013 but that's because we are playing a style which bottles play up.

It looks like were playing to not be blown away rather than trying to win. That has to change.

LostDoggy
02-06-2014, 02:09 PM
Here are the questions I would ask and I'd be very happy to listen to each answer carefully as it could easily be case by case;

- why has Talia gone backwards in both AFl and VFL. How do we get him to speed
- same question Hunter
- same question JJ
- same question Campbell
- why can't Cordy hold a mark and what are you doing to fix it
- why has Stringer gone from threading a needle to missing the barn in set shot kicking forward 50

Good work with Wood (huge leap), Wallis (consistent improvement), Higgins (let's give Macca this one although its probably just lack on injuries) and Libba who keeps on giving.

Depending on the answers to the above he may get a fail, pass or credit.