PDA

View Full Version : Macca's Message - Round Eleven

bornadog
02-06-2014, 06:35 PM
http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/video/2013-06-02/maccas-member-message-round-eleven?camefrom=EMCL_307337_14218414

chef
02-06-2014, 07:05 PM
Good stuff, sounds like he's been reading WOOF:D

bornadog
02-06-2014, 07:10 PM
Good stuff, sounds like he's been reading WOOF:D

He knows everyone is disappointed.

chef
02-06-2014, 07:14 PM
He knows everyone is disappointed.

Even himself by the look of him in that video, looked and sounded spent.

bornadog
02-06-2014, 07:15 PM
Even himself by the look of him in that video, looked and sounded spent.

I would say he is extremely disappointed as is everyone. We just have to keep developing these kids and lets hope it all clicks at some stage.

HOSE B ROMERO
02-06-2014, 07:46 PM
Really look forward to his message each week. She'll be Apple(s) Mac. ;)

SlimPickens
03-06-2014, 10:10 AM
Pretty candid stuff from Macca.

Flamethrower
03-06-2014, 07:45 PM
After watching the video the pressure is on like Donkey Kong this week.....we wouldn't want to lose to BrisVegas this week.

Bumper Bulldogs
03-06-2014, 07:57 PM
After watching the video the pressure is on like Donkey Kong this week.....we wouldn't want to lose to BrisVegas this week.

Spot on he has really put his neck out IMO, hope it pays off as we are fair better than the win/loss record at the moment.

Brisbane also would want to loss to get the No1 draft pick this year....

Cyberdoggie
04-06-2014, 05:49 PM
I hear what he is saying but I haven't liked the words that have been coming out of the club since the game, ie we were close and we pushed them, honourable loss etc.

I thought Fremantle played with us, they did only what they needed to do to win the game and just stuck to their plan.
Forget the inside 50's, apart from a patch of about 10 minutes we never even looked like scoring. We kicked 6 goals for crying out loud. I think that tells a pretty sorry story about the way we move the ball which he hasn't really satisfied me in his explanation.
Yes making space is great but you don't find space for long if you don't run the ball and try and break lines. When one player takes the game on and gets passed his man it is a chain reaction that opens holes everywhere else.

What I want to see and what the coach needs to deliver on:

Show us that the team can actually score and kick goals. I want to see over 100 points in our favour, and not just a flurry in
the last quarter. Solid 4 quarter effort of scoring 4-5 at least in every quarter.

Show us that the players can play with some flair and take the game on. Enough of the defensive mindset of 'oh gee no one to kick to i'll just kick it to touch along the boundary line and create another stoppage'.

Show us that football can actually be exciting and interesting to watch again, because if you can't, there won't be many people attending by the end of the season to watch to snorefest football we have been playing all year.

bulldogtragic
04-06-2014, 05:59 PM
I hear what he is saying but I haven't liked the words that have been coming out of the club since the game, ie we were close and we pushed them, honourable loss etc.

I thought Fremantle played with us, they did only what they needed to do to win the game and just stuck to their plan.
Forget the inside 50's, apart from a patch of about 10 minutes we never even looked like scoring. We kicked 5 goals for crying out loud. I think that tells a pretty sorry story about the way we move the ball which he hasn't really satisfied me in his explanation.
Yes making space is great but you don't find space for long if you don't run the ball and try and break lines. When one player takes the game on and gets passed his man it is a chain reaction that opens holes everywhere else.

What I want to see and what the coach needs to deliver on:

Show us that the team can actually score and kick goals. I want to see over 100 points in our favour, and not just a flurry in
the last quarter. Solid 4 quarter effort of scoring 4-5 at least in every quarter.

Show us that the players can play with some flair and take the game on. Enough of the defensive mindset of 'oh gee no one to kick to i'll just kick it to touch along the boundary line and create another stoppage'.

Show us that football can actually be exciting and interesting to watch again, because if you can't, there won't be many people attending by the end of the season to watch to snorefest football we have been playing all year.

I've been contemplating a comment on here for a few days that essentially goes to your point, and I think I've come to conclusion in my own mind that Freo played with us from the opening bounce. If it wasn't a set plan against us, then it soon will be. That being let us chase the ball like a manic male dogs smelling heat, let us crowd the contest, then have an extra one or two talls back to either clog our forward movement or better yet, intercept and put us to the sword. Then wait for us to make a mistake, either skill or decision, break down our forward line and forward entry and work harder than us going they other way if they think we don't have enough players that do it consistently to the work-rate required.

It's too calculated for it not be a plan, and if I was J-Lep this week I'd replicate it as best I could.

LostDoggy
04-06-2014, 06:23 PM
I've been contemplating a comment on here for a few days that essentially goes to your point, and I think I've come to conclusion in my own mind that Freo played with us from the opening bounce. If it wasn't a set plan against us, then it soon will be. That being let us chase the ball like a manic male dogs smelling heat, let us crowd the contest, then have an extra one or two talls back to either clog our forward movement or better yet, intercept and put us to the sword. Then wait for us to make a mistake, either skill or decision, break down our forward line and forward entry and work harder than us going they other way if they think we don't have enough players that do it consistently to the work-rate required.

It's too calculated for it not be a plan, and if I was J-Lep this week I'd replicate it as best I could.

I desperately want to disagree with this but there is alot of merit in the arguement. I remember watching Geelong pick us off last year. They sat one or two outside the 1st contest, picked off the wayward hand pass and then spread like mad things. They were already outside the mill so had space and they also saved their energy by waiting for the mistake on the second or third touch instead of using it in a stacks on rumble. Left them with more Gatorade in the legs. If you watch the replay they structured it time and time again. Think Freo found a similar albeit slightly different gambit that played to their strengths in the rebound.

Remi Moses
06-06-2014, 04:22 AM
Some salient points made but those who desire free flowing unaccountable football will be the ones complaining when we get walloped by the big boys. I do agree we need to find a medium between our contested game and outside run and carry, but do we want to see 05 06 footy that got us nowhere. I'm worried that we don't have enough on our list who kick well ,or can run and carry.
I'm worried we have to many one pacers

Ghost Dog
06-06-2014, 08:53 AM
I really admire him and the way he speaks.

Cyberdoggie
06-06-2014, 06:32 PM
Some salient points made but those who desire free flowing unaccountable football will be the ones complaining when we get walloped by the big boys. I do agree we need to find a medium between our contested game and outside run and carry, but do we want to see 05 06 footy that got us nowhere. I'm worried that we don't have enough on our list who kick well ,or can run and carry.
I'm worried we have to many one pacers

So would you rather be us or Port Adelaide right now?

They may well be the Bulldogs the late 2000's or they may be lucky and go the whole way.

You could argue the reverse is the same for Ross Lyon, totally defensive minded, low scoring, wins by strangling the opposition and scoring goals on the rebounds but can't seem to win against quality attacking sides when it counts.

Yes we have only had one walloping this year but losing is still losing, whether you loose by tko/judges decision or if you get whacked by a K.O.

I'm not disagreeing with the defensive mantra but it still gets you no where if you can't score goals.

I'm not asking for a re-design of side, I just want to see some balance back. Let's see us try and take the game on because we know it works when we do.

bornadog
06-06-2014, 06:47 PM
I'm not asking for a re-design of side, I just want to see some balance back. Let's see us try and take the game on because we know it works when we do.

Refer third quarter against Freo the first ten minutes we really opened the game up and looked dangerous.

Ghost Dog
06-06-2014, 08:44 PM
As disappointed as we all are, you can very seldom pull rabbits out of hats. What we got against Freo was what many predicted.
Brendan has done very good things with a list that has lacked blue chip players.