Round 12 Fixture

Date Home vs Away Venue AEST Local TV

Fri 6 Jun Geelong Cats v Carlton Etihad Stadium 7:50pm 7:50pm Seven

Sat 7 Jun Hawthorn v West Coast Eagles Aurora Stadium 1:40pm 1:40pm Foxtel

Sat 7 Jun Port Adelaide v St Kilda Adelaide Oval 4:40pm 4:10pm Foxtel

Sat 7 Jun GWS Giants v Essendon GIANTS Stadium 7:40pm 7:40pm Seven

Sat 7 Jun Western Bulldogs v Brisbane Lions Etihad Stadium 7:40pm 7:40pm Foxtel

Sun 8 Jun Gold Coast Suns v Sydney Swans Metricon Stadium 3:20pm 3:20pm Seven

Sun 8 Jun Fremantle Dockers v Adelaide Crows Patersons Stadium 2:10pm 2:10pm Foxtel

Sun 8 Jun North Melbourne v Richmond Etihad Stadium 7:10pm 7:10pm Foxtel

Mon 9 Jun Melbourne v Collingwood MCG 3:20pm 3:20pm Seven

Remi Moses
06-06-2014, 11:46 PM
Geelong awfully lucky to get the win.
Selwood drags them over the line, but can't believe Carlton took so long to put Jamison on Hawkins.
That final stoppage and Carlton not filling the hole cost them.
They're going to whinge about the officiating ,but that was significant.

bornadog
06-06-2014, 11:50 PM
Selwood drags them over the line, but can't believe Carlton took so long to put Jamison on Hawkins.

Great to see Carlton lose like that, love every minute

Scorlibo
07-06-2014, 12:25 AM

Mick is whinging right now. It wasn't a free kick, the Geelong player stopped dead in his tracks to make sure that the only force applied was that which was created by Menzel! That can't be a free kick that late in the game.

As a sidenote, Mick really, really hates Mark Stevens these days.

Remi Moses
07-06-2014, 12:46 AM
Mick is whinging right now. It wasn't a free kick, the Geelong player stopped dead in his tracks to make sure that the only force applied was that which was created by Menzel! That can't be a free kick that late in the game.

As a sidenote, Mick really, really hates Mark Stevens these days.
Would have loved one of them to ask why Carlton left enough space for a car park to allow Selwood to kick the winning goal.
He explained why Jamieson ( think there's no e) wasn't on Hawkins ( was injured during the second term)
Should have been on Hawkins from the get go.
How much does Mick get paid again?
BTW I hate Caaaaaarlton

Ghost Dog
07-06-2014, 11:43 AM
I hate Carlton, and my Footytips says thanks to Mr Selwood.
Still, I thought it was unprofessional umpiring. I've lost faith in the judgement of the men in green.

That tripping on Missy last week did it for me. Some days just want to throw it in and follow Footscray. How can you report a leg trip, but not when it's done with a hand?
Regarding Carlton, how can you allow a runner to impede a player like that?

Topdog
07-06-2014, 11:57 AM
Yeah was terrible umpiring. There were about 5 free kicks missed both ways in the last minute. It was a rugby scrum, terrible to watch.

And I like being on this forum so I will just say the following - runner shouldnt be there.

KT31
07-06-2014, 01:50 PM
Terrible is an understatement, some real blatant decisions were overlooked in the last minute.
At one stage the players had formed a scrum and looked to be trying to find the touch line.
I to love being on Woof so I will refrain from what I said when watching the game.

Remi Moses
09-06-2014, 01:59 AM
What a weird old game Richmond v Norf.
65 pt turn around, and Norf have to be the biggest Jekyll and Hyde team of all time.
Richmond awfully disappointing this season.

boydogs
09-06-2014, 11:26 AM
65 pt turn around, and Norf have to be the biggest Jekyll and Hyde team of all time.

Them and Richmond ;)

lemmon
09-06-2014, 05:40 PM
This is the first game I've seen that I'm seriously buying that the Dees have turned the corner. Structure, structure, structure

azabob
09-06-2014, 05:46 PM
This is the first game I've seen that I'm seriously buying that the Dees have turned the corner. Structure, structure, structure

I tend to agree, as much as it pains me to say. More so cause I cannot stand Paul Roos.

jazzadogs
09-06-2014, 05:49 PM
And I like being on this forum so I will just say the following - runner shouldnt be there.

I don't understand the concern with the runner being there...it was a stop in play, and he was completely out of the area by the time the ball was thrown up.

Or do you just believe that runners should be gone completely?

lemmon
09-06-2014, 05:51 PM
I tend to agree, as much as it pains me to say. More so cause I cannot stand Paul Roos.
I'm exactly the same, the bloke absolutely loves the 'messiah' tag. He has a poor squad playing for him though

bulldogtragic
09-06-2014, 05:51 PM

I can't stand him either, at all. It's now interesting as I suggested we pursue Roos as hard as we could before the Melbourne offer, as a senior assistant for Macca mainly for tactics and game day advice. From memory my suggestion was fairly well rubbished over a few threads, but clearly his structures, advice and match day experience would be worth a fair bit for us right now. I'm still trying to process giving Macca resources that other clubs have is an attack on him. But Macca has some turbulence ahead this week, so I won't go back to that stuff.

lemmon
09-06-2014, 05:55 PM
I can't stand him either, at all. It's now interesting as I suggested we pursue Roos as hard as we could before the Melbourne offer, as a senior assistant for Macca mainly for tactics and game day advice. From memory my suggestion was fairly well rubbished over a few threads, but clearly his structures, advice and match day experience would be worth a fair bit for us right now. I'm still trying to process giving Macca resources that other clubs have is an attack on him. But Macca has some turbulence ahead this week, so I won't go back to that stuff.
It's a nice thought, I'd question whether he would have been interested in a lesser role (perhaps it would have been right up his alley) and whether we simply could have afforded the price tag. I'm sure he had numerous suitors in his time out of coaching.

chef
09-06-2014, 05:58 PM
How the hell did we let Frost slip through our fingers

azabob
09-06-2014, 06:00 PM
Reality is BT some support would be great. I'd prefer Thompson over Roos. Thoughts on Ratten?

azabob
09-06-2014, 06:01 PM
How the hell did we let Frost slip through our fingers

Didn't we preach too injury prone?

chef
09-06-2014, 06:11 PM
Didn't we preach too injury prone?

Yep, hip problems if I recall. Didnt stop us drafting Howard though.

Would have been cheap and decent .

azabob
09-06-2014, 06:14 PM
Yep, hip problems if I recall. Didnt stop us drafting Howard though.

Would have been cheap and decent .

Agree.

azabob
09-06-2014, 06:16 PM
Two very different clutch goals from Dayne Beams either side of three quarter time.

bulldogtragic
09-06-2014, 06:21 PM
Reality is BT some support would be great. I'd prefer Thompson over Roos. Thoughts on Ratten?

Bomber was a part of the Hird love in Cult so we couldn't have got him this year, I'm not anywhere near certain Bomber wanted the top gig again, but clearly he bleeds for them. Roos would've been great, the way he talked it sounded like he was interested in something, but as soon as the AFL coughed up silly figures for him we didn't have a shot. Now he's at Melbourne, I agree Bomber would be a good get, clearly they like and respect each other so i'd hope we'd knock on his manager's door. Ratten could be interesting, I didn't think he was as bad as was made out to justify Malthouse coming in. Ratten must be doing a few things right where he is, wouldn't be a bad plan b.

Webby
09-06-2014, 06:27 PM
I'm exactly the same, the bloke absolutely loves the 'messiah' tag. He has a poor squad playing for him though

I just looked up and saw Melbourne's score and realised there's 10 mins left in the damn game!
As much as they're all tally-ho-ing, all they've done is stem the bleeding. You might only lose by 5 goals, but you've been doubled!

Pipe down, Dees!

It's interesting to see how "feel good" MFC are compared to WBFC...

Despite the fact that they've been drafting early for six years versus our two... (Not to mention getting 2 compo picks for Scully vs our miserly one for Ward..)

azabob
09-06-2014, 06:31 PM
Two very different clutch goals from Dayne Beams either side of three quarter time.

Gee that Dayne beams has great foot skills. Just the type of footballer we need.

azabob
09-06-2014, 06:32 PM
2014 round 12 - would we prefer Ward or Macrae?

bornadog
09-06-2014, 06:35 PM

I would take Macrae , he is going to be a gun

bornadog
09-06-2014, 06:36 PM
I just looked up and saw Melbourne's score and realised there's 10 mins left in the damn game!
As much as they're all tally-ho-ing, all they've done is stem the bleeding. You might only lose by 5 goals, but you've been doubled!

Pipe down, Dees!

Despite the fact that they've been drafting early for six years versus our two... (Not to mention getting 2 compo picks for Scully vs our miserly one for Ward..)

3 goals for a match is pretty weak

Remi Moses
09-06-2014, 06:36 PM

Pipe down, Dees!

Clearly it was about getting The Dees competitive again, but they've had a fair look at early draft picks and the generous Scully compo. The scoring will be the next component. Not great for the neutral

azabob
09-06-2014, 06:39 PM
Clearly it was about getting The Dees competitive again, but they've had a fair look at early draft picks and the generous Scully compo. The scoring will be the next component. Not great for the neutral

I've enjoyed watching, strangely enough. Perhaps this is what I'm use to? ;)

lemmon
09-06-2014, 06:40 PM

Pipe down, Dees!

You watch them and you can see structure and game plan though. They are patient with their ball movement, the forwards hit up consistently into space, they defend as team with loose men and the pressure is very good. They still turn the footy over and make stupid mistakes but you can see what they're building.

Webby
09-06-2014, 06:40 PM
Beams is top 5 in the comp now. Add him to Pendlebury and Swan in the top ten.... With Griff's regression, we don't have a player in the top 25... Nathan Buckley's job's a lot easier than Brendan McCartney's!!

PS. Collingwood drafted Dake Thomas and Pendlebury in the top 5 after finishing 2nd last in 2005.... Jack Macrae and Bontempelli have been our highest draft picks since 2003....

There's a moral to that, somewhere.... We'll come good. We just need to keep nailing our higher picks and pinching a few with our lower picks.

azabob
09-06-2014, 06:59 PM
3 goals for a match is pretty weak

Not only that, didn't they kick the first goal of the match with in 30 seconds?

Remi Moses
09-06-2014, 07:50 PM
How on earth did Ballantyne get reported? Let alone sent to the tribunal!
Seems reputations count for a fair bit re. Tribunal

Remi Moses
09-06-2014, 07:53 PM
Beams is top 5 in the comp now. Add him to Pendlebury and Swan in the top ten.... With Griff's regression, we don't have a player in the top 25... Nathan Buckley's job's a lot easier than Brendan McCartney's!!

PS. Collingwood drafted Dake Thomas and Pendlebury in the top 5 after finishing 2nd last in 2005.... Jack Macrae and Bontempelli have been our highest draft picks since 2003....

There's a moral to that, somewhere.... We'll come good. We just need to keep nailing our higher picks and pinching a few with our lower picks.

Just out of interest does Dane meet the " good bloke" test, with all those pictures?
Hmmm interesting

Webby
09-06-2014, 08:00 PM
Just out of interest does Dane meet the " good bloke" test, with all those pictures?
Hmmm interesting

As my Nan is not a recruiting officer with WBFC, I doubt it matters much. Besides, I believe Swan was sticker-less on draft day. The bigger test would've been his antics outside the Transport Bar nine or ten years ago, if anything - not the tatts.

Scorlibo
09-06-2014, 09:51 PM

Ward for mine. More penetration in his kicking, plays inside and out.

Libba is top ten now. Doesn't get enough recognition out there or on here for what he's doing week in, week out. Best clearance player I've seen. We can build a side around him.

boydogs
09-06-2014, 10:02 PM
Jack Macrae and Bontempelli have been our highest draft picks since 2003....

Stringer was 5, Macrae was 6

Maddog37
09-06-2014, 10:06 PM
Macrae will be more of a knife whilst Ward is a blunt instrument. I reckon Macrae has more upside and I was a big Ward fan.

bulldogtragic
09-06-2014, 11:24 PM
I just saw the footage on 360 of the 'press red for Kev'.

Watching Rchmond people at any age crack it just lights up the place. :)

craigsahibee
10-06-2014, 05:46 PM
I just saw the footage on 360 of the 'press red for Kev'.

Watching Rchmond people at any age crack it just lights up the place. :)

Yes. For all our shortcomings and disappointments over the years, at least we can wake up every morning and say, "Hey, at least we are not Richmond"

Remi Moses
11-06-2014, 12:54 AM
Interesting hearing The Messiah blame the "umpires" for the snore fest yesterday.

bornadog
11-06-2014, 10:20 AM
Interesting hearing The Messiah blame the "umpires" for the snore fest yesterday.

i agree with Roos on this one, 5 free kicks in 4 quarters of football is a joke. You can't just let the game keep rolling on when there are free kicks there. Wayne Campbell is changing our game by not awarding frees so players are adapting to it.

Happy Days
11-06-2014, 10:22 AM
i agree with Roos on this one, 5 free kicks in 4 quarters of football is a joke. You can't just let the game keep rolling on when there are free kicks there. Wayne Campbell is changing our game by not awarding frees so players are adapting to it.

Is 5 free kicks in a game more of a joke than 3 goals?

bornadog
11-06-2014, 10:38 AM
Is 5 free kicks in a game more of a joke than 3 goals?

don't forget the first goal was 20 seconds in.

soupman
11-06-2014, 02:20 PM

I think the issue is not that Roos is declaring that the umpires are responsible for the quality of match but rather that he seems to be declaring the umpires solely responsible.

There is little doubt that they contributed to the quality of the spectacle underneath Campbell's directive but his influence on his teams style of play was a much more significant factor.