PDA

View Full Version : Western Bulldogs sack doctor who police say prescribed drugs to Hells Angels

Eastdog
06-06-2014, 09:36 PM
http://m.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/western-bulldogs-sack-doctor-who-police-say-prescribed-drugs-to-hells-angels/story-fni0fee2-1226946025110

Western Bulldogs sack doctor who police say prescribed drugs to Hells Angels

SHANNON DEERY
HERALD SUN
JUNE 06, 2014 8:02PM

A FOOTY doctor linked to the Western Bulldogs has been prescribing drugs to Hells Angels, police say.

Dr Richard Vucinic allegedly issued hundreds of medical scripts to Hells Angels associates and members of the outlaw gang’s feeder club, the Red Devils.

His former VFL club, Williamstown, told the Herald Sun Dr Vucinic hadn’t been employed there since September last year.

Williamstown Football Club chief executive Brendan Curry said Dr Vucinic had been recruited by Footscray Bulldogs last year and had worked with the Western Bulldogs.

Bulldogs chief executive Simon Garlick said last on Friday the club had now terminated Dr Vucinic’s services.

Police say the 37-year-old GP issued up to 20 prescriptions a day to bikies.

In covert phone recordings picked up during an investigation into Hells Angels’ boss Mohammed Khodr, Red *!Devils associate James Turner allegedly boasted he had a doctor “on board” who could provide scripts for any *!medications.

The Melbourne Magistrates’ Court heard Dr Vucinic prescribed Xanax, Valium and other drugs.

Police said Dr Vucinic “was linked to the Western Bulldogs or its affiliate the Williamstown Football Club”.

Williamstown is not an affiliate club to the Western Bulldogs this year, with Footscray instead representing the AFL club in the VFL.

Dr Vucinic told Magistrate Simon Garnett: “I’m not guilty. I didn’t know he was a bikie”.

He said his arrest had the potential to destroy his career.

Dr Vucinic is under investigation by the Medical Board of Victoria. He has been granted bail with strict conditions.

SlimPickens
06-06-2014, 10:05 PM
Not good to speculate. The club has reacted, let's leave it at that.

F'scary
06-06-2014, 10:07 PM
And we were worried we weren't getting enough publicity :eek::eek::eek:

F'scary
06-06-2014, 10:14 PM
By the way, the EEK emoticon is not as good as before.

bulldogtragic
07-06-2014, 12:53 AM
I feel sorry for the bikies who are going to withdraw from the drugs, Valium is quite addictive and Zanax is a dead set bitch to break free from is used long term. Of all the drugs I'd be asking for they'd be the last. Surely endone or OxyContin would be more far, far profitable it was about reselling on the black market.

I agree with slim though. If it's not proven, smearing the man doesn't do anyone any good.

Twodogs
07-06-2014, 02:10 AM
I feel sorry for the bikies who are going to withdraw from the drugs, Valium is quite addictive and Zanax is a dead set bitch to break free from is used long term. Of all the drugs I'd be asking for they'd be the last. Surely endone or OxyContin would be more far, far profitable it was about reselling on the black market.

I agree with slim though. If it's not proven, smearing the man doesn't do anyone any good.

I don't think they'd be on selling them. They'd be using them for coming down off speed.

Happy Days
07-06-2014, 06:08 AM

This is the internet you know?

bornadog
07-06-2014, 10:30 AM
This is the internet you know?

Yep don't believe anything you read and half of what people tell you.

bulldogtragic
07-06-2014, 11:19 AM
I don't think they'd be on selling them. They'd be using them for coming down off speed.

Thanks TD I learnt something today. I knew Valium had that effect, but had no ideas Zanax. But if that's the case, if they tell a doctor I'm a drug user and will continue, but I have a medical need to assist me with paranoia, insomnia, stress (etc) and it's for personal use, then this is more an ethical question than criminal question I would've thought. That said, they've got tapes so they might know more than me.