PDA

View Full Version : Do Journo's ever think for themselves any more or just troll the internet for Stories

bornadog
10-06-2014, 11:22 PM
Watching AFL 360 tonight and Robbo starts talking about the Bulldogs and Griffen just like this:

Over the past 4 weeks Griff has had more tackles than kicks (39-37)... I know we want our captain to lead by example, but surely this 'donkey work' can be left to others and body willing Griff can get back to doing what he does best.

GVGjr/Ozza, not questioning his outstanding form in the last 2 years but would be interested to see his metres gained stat in 2012 and 2013 compared to previous seasons. He was a clearance and contested ball animal the last 2 years - I would love to see a better balance of inside and outside from him so that he can really hurt the opposition and become less predictable to opposition taggers.
With Libba, Wallis and Boyd doing the 'donkey work', wouldn't it be fantastic to see Coons and Griff causing opposition headaches with their run and dare once again. They are still more than young and capable enough.

Not the first time either, and not just Robbo, others have written stories that I swear come from forums like WOOF.

EasternWest
11-06-2014, 09:05 AM
I think your title answers the question, BAD.

always right
11-06-2014, 09:59 AM
Why are you surprised and is it such a bad thing that journo's pick up themes that reflect what the average supporter is interested in? I'd prefer this than have them running agendas or pontificating as if they are somehow experts without peer.

bornadog
11-06-2014, 10:01 AM
Why are you surprised and is it such a bad thing that journo's pick up themes that reflect what the average supporter is interested in? I'd prefer this than have them running agendas or pontificating as if they are somehow experts without peer.

Not surprised, just pointing out lazy journalism.

always right
11-06-2014, 10:05 AM
Why is it lazy? Does everything they raise have to be original?

LostDoggy
11-06-2014, 10:23 AM

I was thinking exactly the same as BAD. A reference would be good when someone says 'i was thinking the other day....'

bulldogtragic
11-06-2014, 10:41 AM
I think TheCoonDog started a thread about 5 years back about the high amount of posters (behinds) we were kicking. Would you then believe it was brought up to the media not long after.

KT31
11-06-2014, 10:53 AM
I think TheCoonDog started a thread about 5 years back about the high amount of posters (behinds) we were kicking. Would you then believe it was brought up to the media not long after.

And a big hello if you are reading TCD, hope all is well with yourself and the family.

always right
11-06-2014, 11:45 AM
I was thinking exactly the same as BAD. A reference would be good when someone says 'i was thinking the other day....'

Yep....attributing credit would be appropriate.

Cyberdoggie
11-06-2014, 01:30 PM
Some of these Journo's have tv and radio careers to focus on, they can't be running around wasting their time researching stories when they have ready made ones done for them here on woof! :)

Twodogs
11-06-2014, 03:53 PM
And a big hello if you are reading TCD, hope all is well with yourself and the family.

And a big shout out to Robbo too.

westdog54
11-06-2014, 04:38 PM
Years ago on BigFooty I posted a light hearted thread on the 'Bay 13' board entitled "Top 10 messages left on Terry Wallace's answering machine". Robbo referenced it in his column the next week as an example of how online forums 'harangue him mercilessly'.

bornadog
11-06-2014, 04:51 PM

The funny thing is Mantis and Sedat are incorrect which means so is Robbo. Griffen has been our number one tackler outside a stoppage. In other words he gets most of his tackles outside. He should have researched the facts first. ;)

bulldogtragic
12-06-2014, 12:08 AM
Robbo... On the 360 replay, who would you rather be? Luke Lowden or Luke Skywalker?

Robbo says, Luke Skywalker, 'easily', and suggestively says 'princess laya'.

I'm know I'm doing über nerd police right now, but wanting to be someone's sister for some 'suggestive' reason is wrong. Either he's sick or he didn't pay attention to the storyline of about 10 hours of cinema.

Nerd Out.

Twodogs
12-06-2014, 12:37 AM
So who is their mother?

Greystache
12-06-2014, 10:37 AM
So who is their mother?

Queen Amadala/Padme.

Robbo is just Joffa in a cheap ill-fitting suit. What he doesn't know on most subjects could fill a warehouse. AFL360 is so much better when he's not there mangling his words and lecturing players on what is really going on during a game.

Twodogs
12-06-2014, 12:13 PM
Queen Amadala/Padme.

Robbo is just Joffa in a cheap ill-fitting suit. What he doesn't know on most subjects could fill a warehouse. AFL360 is so much better when he's not there mangling his words and lecturing players on what is really going on during a game.

Thank you. I saw the original Star Wars in 1978 and haven't seen any of the follow ups. Not really my cup of tea.

I can't believe the amount of respect that Robbo gets on Crunchtime on SEN from blokes who have actually played the game at AFL level. He was ranting and raving about some crap or other last Saturday morning and Dermie (I think) said in all seriousness "well you kicked 80 goals one year, didn't you?". In the Bendigo Football League. The BFL is a high quality comp but if I was an AFL footballer I wouldn't be taking lectures from a bloke who found his level there.