PDA

View Full Version : Malthouse Coaching 700th Game tonight

bornadog
13-06-2014, 10:35 PM
http://www.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/Media/Images/331898-tlsgallerylandscape.jpg

http://www.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/Media/Images/331878-tlsgalleryportrait.jpg

For those of you who are younger, Malthouse began his coaching with Footscray in 1984 and coached the team for 5 years. We only made the finals once and that was in 1985 going down in the prelim by 10 points to the Hawks. We really should have achieved more but a few injuries to star players really killed us.

The 1985 team was one of the best I have seen, with some great imports from WA like Andrew Purser, Brad Hardie, Jim Sewell to name a few and of course the great Simon Beasley.

Malthouse was still learning the caper with us and set himself up for a fantastic coaching career.

Record at the Doggies was Still pretty good,

Coaching 137 games, with 69 wins, 66 Losses and two draws.

bulldogtragic
13-06-2014, 10:41 PM
With two of our last three coaches (inc. current one) having heavy losses over wins ratio, I think I'd take a positive ledger.

How did it come to pass from us to WCE?

bornadog
13-06-2014, 10:59 PM
With two of our last three coaches (inc. current one) having heavy losses over wins ratio, I think I'd take a positive ledger.

How did it come to pass from us to WCE?

Sorry BT not sure what you mean?

bulldogtragic
13-06-2014, 11:07 PM
Did Mick quit, did he jump, was the offer from WCE too good and so forth.

Sorry BAD, bloody auto corrector took a word out!

bornadog
14-06-2014, 12:34 AM
Did Mick quit, did he jump, was the offer from WCE too good and so forth.

Sorry BAD, bloody auto corrector took a word out!

When the merger was announced with Fitzroy, Mick shot off like a rocket.

Remi Moses
17-06-2014, 01:01 AM
When the merger was announced with Fitzroy, Mick shot off like a rocket.

He walked pre merger.
Shit bloke Great coach, but is past it for mine.
I think he's only coaching to p off E Mcguire