PDA

View Full Version : Lin Jong on TAC SHOW NOW

BornInDroopSt'54
15-06-2014, 02:41 PM
Lin Jong on TAC SHOW NOW, after the ads, ch 7 Melb.

BornInDroopSt'54
15-06-2014, 02:58 PM
Lin Jong is such a great story, East Timorese dad who he said liked Aussie rules before Lin got into it and Taiwanese mum who 'tags along' with it now. He got into Aussie rules only three years ago as a ruckman initially and picked up the tapping but not the kicking and the rest of it. Was lucky to be picked up by the Oakleigh Chargers and seems to have responded well to some good influences. He spoke charismatically with a modest manner but a glint in the eye. He seems inwardly very confident, as balanced as his kicking action and running. He received a letter of congratulations from the Prime Minister of East Timor when he debuted.
Go Lin!

bornadog
15-06-2014, 03:24 PM
Lin Jong is such a great story, East Timorese dad who he said liked Aussie rules before Lin got into it and Taiwanese mum who 'tags along' with it now. He got into Aussie rules only three years ago as a ruckman initially and picked up the tapping but not the kicking and the rest of it. Was lucky to be picked up by the Oakleigh Chargers and seems to have responded well to some good influences. He spoke charismatically with a modest manner but a glint in the eye. He seems inwardly very confident, as balanced as his kicking action and running. He received a letter of congratulations from the Prime Minister of East Timor when he debuted.
Go Lin!

Thank you BID

bulldogtragic
15-06-2014, 03:27 PM
Thank you BID

Make it x 2

Thanks BID

bornadog
15-06-2014, 03:28 PM
Make it x 2

Thanks BID

you can keep watching channel 7 and the flash back to the 1997 Prelim :D

bulldogtragic
15-06-2014, 03:34 PM
you can keep watching channel 7 and the flash back to the 1997 Prelim :D

I've never seen the replay, until now, and it's making me sick... But I'm going to do it because I blame Mark West for it (no one else seems to) so I want to see if what I remember from sitting in the GSS is accurate.

I've already sworn once, at Romero for spoiling Cook. 22 points now at 3/4 time.

bulldogtragic
15-06-2014, 03:41 PM
I forgot Romero hit the post. Arghhhhh.
Ellis, no, what were you thinking.
"Looking more and more likely the Western Bulldogs are going to the grand final" - Drew Morphett
That was a goal to Libba.

Argh.

bulldogtragic
15-06-2014, 03:43 PM
Jarman had 3 kicks to 3/4 time...

bulldogtragic
15-06-2014, 04:00 PM
No goal for us since 19 minute mark of the third.

If the result was different, the boys holding Libba up would have been an iconic moment in our history. Unfortunately, it was Bubba punching the ground.

I take some on my annoyance Mark West, but he should've kicked the one with 3 minutes to go. Hudson should've made space for Grant.

I wouldn't recommend watching it...

LostDoggy
15-06-2014, 04:12 PM
. Hudson should've made space for Grant.

I wouldn't recommend watching it...

I've never watched it again and not that keen to...but that Hudson incident is seared in the memory (along with the almost libba goal). heartbreakingly close.

bulldogtragic
15-06-2014, 04:20 PM
I've never watched it again and not that keen to...but that Hudson incident is seared in the memory (along with the almost libba goal). heartbreakingly close.

There's no need, trust me. :)

As for the things of note, Jarman had 3 kicks to 3/4 time, so maybe Wallace was right not to change.
Libba kicked a goal, it just wasn't paid.
West, Mark, should've kicked the goal from 40 straight in front. My memory was Cook had given a great lead which West ignored, but I didn't see it on the replay.
Hudson should've guarded the space. It would have only saved 0.3 seconds, but I would back Turtle to kick it with a better angle and the spoilers a step behind.

My take from the replay is he had a lot of top liners but also a lot of good ordinary players in 1997. I think the talent in 2008-10 was much higher, maybe they were worse losses??

F'scary
15-06-2014, 07:10 PM
The club better promote him - it'll look terrible if they don't. He has probably done enough to get on the senior list.

bulldogtragic
15-06-2014, 07:11 PM
The club better promote him - it'll look terrible if they don't. He has probably done enough to get on the senior list.

He's an official AFL ambassador.