PDA

View Full Version : Simon Garlick Re-Signs

boydogs
15-06-2014, 03:03 PM
Reports coming through he has signed a new 3 year contract with the club. Great news IMO

Source: 3AW twitter

chef
15-06-2014, 03:11 PM
How do we tell if he's doing a decent job?

Bulldog4life
15-06-2014, 03:12 PM

We don't really but it shows stability in our Club.

azabob
15-06-2014, 03:13 PM

I guess we can't if we don't know his KPI's.

But is revenue and profit up?

Is membership up?

bulldogtragic
15-06-2014, 03:17 PM
How do we tell if he's doing a great job?

That the club is doing great through strong leadership to the AFL on TV rights, fixtures, money. Making our case for FA compo in some cases. Then other KPI's like income and spending, and obviously debt. Others like membership numbers, brining in new sponsors and keeping existing ones. Then making sure projects like our home ground and other income assets are developed and becoming profitable quickly. That he has the best people in the key jobs at the club to fulfil his vision. That's a start.

bornadog
15-06-2014, 03:19 PM
We don't really but it shows stability in our Club.

Agree -it is really important our administration is stable and strong. Simon is very impressive with the dealings I have had with him. I know a few on the forum don't like him, but with Peter as the President, I think they are a good team.

azabob
15-06-2014, 03:19 PM
That the club is doing great through strong leadership to the AFL on TV rights, fixtures, money. Making our case for FA compo in some cases. Then other KPI's like income and spending, and obviously debt. Others like membership numbers, brining in new sponsors and keeping existing ones. Then making sure projects like our home ground and other income assets are developed and becoming profitable quickly. That he has the best people in the key jobs at the club to fulfil his vision. That's a start.

So who does that grunt work Gordon or Garlick? Gordon is obviously the mouth piece.

Bulldog4life
15-06-2014, 03:20 PM
Be interesting to see when Edgewater is up and about how much it will help us financially.

bornadog
15-06-2014, 03:21 PM
So who does that grunt work Gordon or Garlick? Gordon is obviously the mouth piece.

Garlick runs the club, the administration, and general business of the club under the direction of the Board of Directors which Peter is the head of.

bulldogtragic
15-06-2014, 03:23 PM

As above from BAD.

azabob
15-06-2014, 03:29 PM
Thanks BAD & BT. So obviously Gordon is happy with what he has seen so far, hence why he has re-signed him for a further 3 years.

bulldogtragic
15-06-2014, 03:48 PM
Thanks BAD & BT. So obviously Gordon is happy with what he has seen so far, hence why he has re-signed him for a further 3 years.

Thats got to be the best guess.

boydogs
15-06-2014, 04:07 PM
I think the AFL equalisation changes, reducing our home game sales to 1 game, Club Edgewater, the VFL side and Whitten Oval games are big ticks for our administration. Happy for Simon & Peter to keep getting things done for us