PDA

View Full Version : It's official - Bonti rising star

wimberga
16-06-2014, 08:42 PM
Gun:

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2014-06-16/rising-star-nomination-icing-on-cake-for-bonti

bulldogtragic
16-06-2014, 09:08 PM
Does KB still vote??

Great reward for him, our kids to have this honour is a pretty special club in deed.

bornadog
16-06-2014, 10:29 PM
Well done Bonti. We have got ourselves a beauty here.

Murphy'sLore
17-06-2014, 12:50 PM
'Good times' indeed!

Remi Moses
17-06-2014, 03:28 PM
Just proves what an idiotic comment from Dan Lonergan that the club made a mistake picking up MB
instead of Aish.
You can make this call after a few seasons, but making it after 4 games is just ridiculous .
Well done to the kid

Ghost Dog
17-06-2014, 03:35 PM
His handpass is a great weapon. Long arms and awkward height, the recruiters must be feeling satisfied with their pick at this early stage. Kicking has a lovely action and great composure.

Greystache
17-06-2014, 03:36 PM
Just proves what an idiotic comment from Dan Lonergan that the club made a mistake picking up MB
instead of Aish.
You can make this call after a few seasons, but making it after 4 games is just ridiculous .
Well done to the kid

Even worse he made the comment before Bontempelli had even played a game at VFL or AFL level. He'd tweaked his knee and missed the start of the season.

Ozza
17-06-2014, 03:51 PM
instead of Aish.
Well done to the kid

When will commentators learn not to go off early!

Tim Gosage had a hissy fit about Freo taking Stephen Hill instead of Daniel Rich in their first seasons. I reckon Freo (and presumably Tim) are pretty happy with who they have chosen now. Not a dig at Rich - who can certainly play. But S.Hill is a jet.

EasternWest
19-06-2014, 05:00 PM
That was an outstanding video. He's a great kid.

Pickenitup
21-06-2014, 07:22 PM
If Bonti plays like he has the last two weeks I think he would be a big chance to win the award at the end of the year.

Scorlibo
21-06-2014, 08:29 PM
If Bonti plays like he has the last two weeks I think he would be a big chance to win the award at the end of the year.

He'd be some chance but the award is usually just a media snowball, and players have to start their run early in the year to get enough attention by year's end. Short of being dropped, Tom Langdon should win it on that basis. KK improving his chances also.

What are the chances of Hrovat being nominated this week I wonder?

boydogs
21-06-2014, 08:30 PM
What are the chances of Hrovat being nominated this week I wonder?

I thought he was BOG for us, should be up there

bornadog
21-06-2014, 10:15 PM
This kid can seriously play. Can't wait to see him and Macrae in a few years time

bulldogtragic
22-06-2014, 12:48 AM
Can any constitutional lawyers check the rules if the rules specifically state a player cannot get more than one nomination a year. He deserves it again. :)

Remi Moses
22-06-2014, 01:44 AM
I was worried he might struggle after being down media street.
No need to worry about that

anfo27
22-06-2014, 02:22 PM
I have to admit that i couldn't see what everyone else saw in Bonti early on but the last 2 weeks has given me some hope that we made the right call in taking him when we did. The kid has looked terrific the last 2 weeks.

Ozza
23-06-2014, 11:25 AM
A couple of really impressive moments again on the weekend.

Took a strong mark early in the second quarter where he held his ground well and had sticky hands. The anticipation where he read the pass, stole the ball and kicked the long goal. And also his pass to a leading Jones. Jones mustn't have known what was happening getting a ball kicked to his chest!

Bonti and Macrae - along with Libba and Bob - are our most creative players.

Twodogs
23-06-2014, 03:13 PM
A couple of really impressive moments again on the weekend.

Took a strong mark early in the second quarter where he held his ground well and had sticky hands. The anticipation where he read the pass, stole the ball and kicked the long goal. And also his pass to a leading Jones. Jones mustn't have known what was happening getting a ball kicked to his chest!

Bonti and Macrae - along with Libba and Bob - are our most creative players.

From memory Bont was the guy who found a leading lace out with a 45 metre pass right on the 1/4 time siren.

boydogs
23-06-2014, 10:16 PM
From memory Bont was the guy who found a leading lace out with a 45 metre pass right on the 1/4 time siren.

That was to Grant going back towards goal