PDA

View Full Version : Bankers and Anchors - Round 14

Eastdog
18-06-2014, 06:19 PM
This is the round 14 edition of the Weekly Bankers and Anchors Thread. Once the game against Port Adelaide is concluded post your nominations for:

The Bankers = 3 guys that you we banked on to do the right thing during the game
The Anchors = 3 guys that weighed us down by their errors or poor play

Please limit it to no more than three of each, but feel free to make honourable/dishonourable mentions. As usual try to make it constructive criticism.

Try and restrict it to individual players rather than aspects of the overall match.

The thread is named in honour of a popular WOOF Contributor, The Banker, who passed away on 22/04/2012 after a six month battle with cancer.

bulldogtragic
21-06-2014, 04:40 PM
Fire Away!

LostDoggy
21-06-2014, 06:15 PM
Bankers
Bonts - a star in the making
Higgins & Wood - both having very good seasons

Anchors -
Crameri is he injured? been out of form for weeks, needs a spell
Tutty - that fumble and missed goal (forgive him because of last weeks goal)
Injuries made it very hard for us to go with Port

The Bulldogs Bite
21-06-2014, 06:17 PM
Bankers:
1. Bonti was excellent. Great hands, used the ball really well too.
2. Macrae kept trying. Not his best game but he was still going hard late in the last. Tip of the hat.
3. Hrovat faded after the first quarter but he's going to be a very good player.

Anchors:
1. Crameri and Jones - for the love of god please stop trying to mark a ball with ONE hand.
2. Coaching staff for leaving Roughead on Schulz when he was stuffed. Moronic.
3. Tutt - did he pick up one ball without fumbling? Butchered the ball too. Absolutely terrible.

Scorlibo
21-06-2014, 06:49 PM
Bankers -

Bonts: backed up last week with an even better game.
Hrovat: puts himself in line for a rising star nom.
Wood: an errant handball late but continued to earn my trust aside from that.

Anchors -

Libba: terrible football, hope he copped a spray from one of the coaching staff.
Tutt: why would you kick the football post height from 20 metres out? The ball only needs to travel 20 metres across the ground and you've kicked it 45 metres through the air. Dumb.
Crameri: you are chasing to make it look as though you are chasing. If you're no chance, don't bother. If you're any chance at all, chase like you mean it, like you want the ball to be in your team's possession and not theirs.

GVGjr
21-06-2014, 07:14 PM
I think I will just go with Bankers today

1) The younger group stood up against pressure and showed that our recruiting and development is around the mark.
2) Higgins has come a long way in this season and is playing close to the ability he showed many years ago.
3) Easton Wood continues to defy the doubts I have raised about him. I'm happy to eat some humble pie on this.

bulldogtragic
21-06-2014, 07:27 PM
Bankers:

Simon Dalrymple - For all the Howard first pick stuff that got raised after Howard's bad games recently, your boys today gave us hope
Simon's Picks - Hope
Roughy - I think he played very sore again, different kind of tough. But tough.

Anchors:

Injuries - Bloody hell, Roughy, Griffen and Grant
Gia's Brainfade - I don't know if it's sufficient force or whatnot, but it's so unlike him, but maybe he and the coaches make it a lesson about what not to do?
Misses - In the first quarter just wonder if we had a good lead at quarter time what might have been, but 8 shots and Grant's after siren mark showed we can get near 10 shots in a quarter, but the last 3 quarters were putrid

F'scary
21-06-2014, 10:06 PM
Bankers:

the young brigade: Single Malt Hrovat69, Bon Jovi & Macrazy.
Wood & Higgins for at least drawing with their opponents.

Anchors:
Does anyone else think Morris is starting to look just a teeny weeny bit like he is not immortal?
Wallis is just a very average dime-a-dozen tagging type of player, really.
About another 7 players whose skill levels are not sufficiently good enough to get us back into the finals: Minson, Stevens, Dahlhaus, Tutt, Boyd, Picken & Austin.

Scorlibo
21-06-2014, 10:21 PM
Does anyone else think Morris is starting to look just a teeny weeny bit like he is not immortal?

Yep, I identified a contest in the game day thread where Morris just couldn't get to the drop of the ball despite the ball hanging in the air for a long time. Schulz basically marked uncontested after giving a little stiff arm to Morris. That's not the Dale I know. I get the feeling that he's just not quite as quick and strong as he once was. He's still best 22, and still an important player, but like you say - not immortal, and not likely to play on beyond next year I would think.

F'scary
21-06-2014, 10:28 PM
Yep, I identified a contest in the game day thread where Morris just couldn't get to the drop of the ball despite the ball hanging in the air for a long time. Schulz basically marked uncontested after giving a little stiff arm to Morris. That's not the Dale I know. I get the feeling that he's just not quite as quick and strong as he once was. He's still best 22, and still an important player, but like you say - not immortal, and not likely to play on beyond next year I would think.

He's lost his closing speed.

bornadog
21-06-2014, 10:30 PM
Bankers

Bonti, Macrae, Hrovat - the future

Anchors

Gia - stupid act

Remi Moses
22-06-2014, 01:21 AM
Just watched the game
Bankers - wood and Higgins
The kids
Anchors - threw in the towel after half time , although we were holding back the dam wall from halfway through the second.
- the hot potato was back, as was the awful decision making.

Remi Moses
22-06-2014, 01:28 AM
Bankers -

Bonts: backed up last week with an even better game.
Hrovat: puts himself in line for a rising star nom.
Wood: an errant handball late but continued to earn my trust aside from that.

Anchors -

Libba: terrible football, hope he copped a spray from one of the coaching staff.
Tutt: why would you kick the football post height from 20 metres out? The ball only needs to travel 20 metres across the ground and you've kicked it 45 metres through the air. Dumb.
Crameri: you are chasing to make it look as though you are chasing. If you're no chance, don't bother. If you're any chance at all, chase like you mean it, like you want the ball to be in your team's possession and not theirs.

Tutt just fumbles to often for a competent AFL player , and just misses to many gimme goals
Unfortunately Koby is a poor decision maker and his execution just isn't up to scratch.
Crameri, not sure if this whole ASADa stuff is affecting him, but he has to be better on today's performance ( the kick on 3/4 time or half time where he lazily kicked forward wasn't good enough.
Wallis, I'm afraid we have Mitch's type in spades, he just doesn't have the composure that the other younger players have .

boydogs
22-06-2014, 04:05 AM
Wallis, I'm afraid we have Mitch's type in spades, he just doesn't have the composure that the other younger players have .

Maybe for him it will come with age. Did an excellent job on Polec for 3 quarters but his disposal was rushed and therefore lacked penetration and precision

Bankers

Kids standing up
Roughead playing on
Gia top scoring as sub

Anchors

Injuries
Jones failing to back up his performance
Crameri showing a lack of effort. Might be injured, might be worried about ASADA, but take a leaf out of Roughy's book a have a red hot crack anyway. Effort has to be a non-negotiable and he should be dropped

Webby
22-06-2014, 08:37 AM
Bankers:
Kids were pretty good - Jones and Tutt aside. That's yet another game into a glut of them..

Anchors:
Our defence - Morris is down and end of 2015 looks to be his finish date, whilst Roughie is beginning to look worryingly reminiscent of Tom Williams... I will have a close eye on Roberts and Talia today. We desperately need them to develop into good league level defenders if we're going anywhere as a club in the coming years.

Ozza
22-06-2014, 12:44 PM
Bankers:
Bonti- great to have a 'one grab' player in the team. Had some good creative moments.
Wood- another strong performance in defence. Is so balanced and is getting better with the ball.
Macrae- another clean, creative player.

Anchors:
Crameri - needs to find a way to get involved when having a tough day.
Tutt- had a shocker. Fumbly, bad decisions, crucial misses.
The quarter time and half time sirens.

Twodogs
22-06-2014, 01:55 PM
Bankers:
Bonti- great to have a 'one grab' player in the team. Had some good creative moments.
Wood- another strong performance in defence. Is so balanced and is getting better with the ball.
Macrae- another clean, creative player.

Anchors:
Crameri - needs to find a way to get involved when having a tough day.
Tutt- had a shocker. Fumbly, bad decisions, crucial misses.
The quarter time and half time sirens.

Had to ponder on that for a while.

Remi Moses
22-06-2014, 02:16 PM
Maybe for him it will come with age. Did an excellent job on Polec for 3 quarters but his disposal was rushed and therefore lacked penetration and precision

Bankers

Kids standing up
Roughead playing on
Gia top scoring as sub

Anchors

Injuries
Jones failing to back up his performance
Crameri showing a lack of effort. Might be injured, might be worried about ASADA, but take a leaf out of Roughy's book a have a red hot crack anyway. Effort has to be a non-negotiable and he should be dropped
Probably right on Mitch . In hindsight he did a decent job on Polec

LostDoggy
23-06-2014, 02:14 AM
Bankers
-Jackson for a second year player doing what he has done this year with our win loss column is staggering.
-Easton wood would have to be top 5 in our b and f right now (kicking at times kills him but so glad he's got some continuity).
-I want to say hrovat will be the best of our 2012 class but I can't....nah actually I can. I hope he predominetly players midfield rather than forward for his career, when he reaches ability to get the ball 25iah times a game we will be flying.

Anchors
-getting opened up badly in the 2nd half.
-was disappointed with grants game up until he got hurt. (jones and crameri copping unfair critisms in my eyes this week). Our 2nd half it didn't matter who we had down there, our mids got smashed. It was completely on ports terms.
-I can see why tutt cops it so much on anchors, he is a truly frustrating player.. Flashes of brilliance and then ripping your hair out play in the matter of seconds. I think its because we see the things he does so well and then when he can't produce it as often as we'd like, we rightly get peed off. I want him in the team the rest of the year though.

boydogs
23-06-2014, 10:10 PM
-was disappointed with grants game up until he got hurt. (jones and crameri copping unfair critisms in my eyes this week).

Thought Grant was easily the best of the 3, kept working up the ground to stay involved which is actually how he got injured trying to lay a tackle in the midfield