PDA

View Full Version : Match Committee - Round 15 vs Melbourne

Eastdog
18-06-2014, 06:22 PM
If you were on the Bulldogs match committee what changes would you make for our round 15 game against Melbourne at Etihad?

As always a brief explanation for your changes would add a lot of value to the discussion.

bulldogtragic
21-06-2014, 04:39 PM
Roughy, Griffen and Grant under the weather at the moment.

G-Mo77
21-06-2014, 04:43 PM
All will miss IMO.

Rocco Jones
21-06-2014, 04:52 PM
Stringer, Honeychurch and JJ next in line you'd think.

bulldogtragic
21-06-2014, 05:07 PM
Roughy, Griffen and Grant under the weather at the moment.

Gia suspended too now I'd guess.

Rocco Jones
21-06-2014, 05:29 PM
If Roughy isn't fit for next week, it will make it very confusing as to why he played on Schultz.

Gia definitely out. Would bring in Honeychurch for him.

Stringer and JJ for Griffen and Grant if they are out. Obviously a very disappointing game but I wouldn't go nuts at the selection table. 3 injuries, fittest side of all time just about and a six day break. Just have to bring the Collingwood performance back straight away.

G-Mo77
21-06-2014, 05:30 PM
If it wasn't for injuries there'd be quite few out if it were up to me. A few will play next week by default.

Scorlibo
21-06-2014, 05:33 PM
Out: Gia (susp.), Crameri, Tutt.
In: Stringer, Honeychurch, Hunter.

Simple, drop the players unwilling to chase (Crameri), drop the players who aren't doing what they're in the side to do (Tutt), bring in the form players at the lower level.

azabob
21-06-2014, 05:49 PM
Out: Gia (susp.), Crameri, Tutt.
In: Stringer, Honeychurch, Hunter.

Simple, drop the players unwilling to chase (Crameri), drop the players who aren't doing what they're in the side to do (Tutt), bring in the form players at the lower level.

Is Minson doing what he is supposed to do?

Pickenitup
21-06-2014, 05:51 PM
Id Drop Crameri has given us nothing the last few weeks
The ins will depend on the VFL Tomorrow and how the injuries will come up but I Hope Hunter can really put his hand up tomorrow.

The Bulldogs Bite
21-06-2014, 05:54 PM
Out: Gia (susp.), Griffen (inj.), Roughead (inj.), Crameri, Tutt
In: Honeychurch, Stringer, Talia/Roberts, Campbell, JJ.

- Crameri has been pathetic, and that's being nice about it, since the Melbourne game. Looks either injured or mentally fatigued which baffles me as to why he's still been playing. Either way, these performances aren't worth a quarter of $500,000 at the moment.

- Poor Rough. Looks as though his shoulders will forever give him trouble. We badly need defensive cover, just as much as we need a good key forward.

Scorlibo
21-06-2014, 05:58 PM
Is Minson doing what he is supposed to do?

Without anyone at his feet his job is made 10x harder. To his credit, he won 10 clearances today. I acknowledge that a number of those were ineffectual but A+ for effort today from Will against one of the competition's best ruckmen in Lobbe.

GVGjr
21-06-2014, 06:18 PM
I'll wait until tomorrow after Footscray play but I'd go with:

Ins:
Stringer, Hunter, Williams or Young, Honeychurch and Johannisen

Outs:
Grant (Inj) Giansiracusa (susp) Roughead (if inj) Tutt (Omitted) Griffen (Inj)

In hindsight Griffen should have been rested before we play Melbourne.
I doubt Grant will bounce back so this opens a spot for the in form Stringer
Gia is likely to get a couple of weeks so I think this gives Hunter a chance
Williams (ideally) or Young will be needed if Roughead doesn't come up.
Tutt wasn't good today and Honeychurch should get his debut game
Johannisen gets a recall.

Rocco Jones
21-06-2014, 07:23 PM
Think people are going a bit overboard with dropping Crameri. Don't get me wrong, I actually do mean 'a bit' and I am frustrated by his form but it's only really been two bad games in a row. Against the Lions he wasn't great but he was far from our worst with 16 disposals, 1 goal and 7 tackles. The week before that he had 21 touches and a goal against Freo. Again not get, but not far from poor.

The Dees game is really big for him. We need him to lift.

The Bulldogs Bite
21-06-2014, 07:34 PM
Think people are going a bit overboard with dropping Crameri. Don't get me wrong, I actually do mean 'a bit' and I am frustrated by his form but it's only really been two bad games in a row. Against the Lions he wasn't great but he was far from our worst with 16 disposals, 1 goal and 7 tackles. The week before that he had 21 touches and a goal against Freo. Again not get, but not far from poor.

3 goals in 5 weeks is a poor return by any forwards standards, let alone one earning over $500,000 a year.

He has been poor.

Bulldog4life
21-06-2014, 07:42 PM
3 goals in 5 weeks is a poor return by any forwards standards, let alone one earning over $500,000 a year.

He has been poor.

Agree Crameri hasn't been great last two weeks but I thought he was on $450,000

Bumper Bulldogs
21-06-2014, 07:59 PM
Looks like a huge danger game for us now! Melbourne will be licking there lips at the thought of us with No Coons, Griff, Gia, Grant, Roughy. That said it opens up the door for some further development of our young pups!

Outs: Griffen, Gia, Grant & Roughead. Cant see the need for any further unless they burn the house down tomorrow.

Ins: Honeychrurch, Stringer, Hunter & Williams

I have gone for Honeychurch over JJ as we should use the rest of the year to blood the kids.

Crameri: as other state he has been really poor since the ASDA notices came out, do you think that the club should sat take the 6 months and see you next year?
It would look a tempting offer with the way the cards have fallen for us now.

bulldogtragic
21-06-2014, 08:09 PM
Looks like a huge danger game for us now! Melbourne will be licking there lips at the thought of us with No Coons, Griff, Gia, Grant, Roughy. That said it opens up the door for some further development of our young pups!

Outs: Griffen, Gia, Grant & Roughead. Cant see the need for any further unless they burn the house down tomorrow.

Ins: Honeychrurch, Stringer, Hunter & Williams

I have gone for Honeychurch over JJ as we should use the rest of the year to blood the kids.

Crameri: as other state he has been really poor since the ASDA notices came out, do you think that the club should sat take the 6 months and see you next year?
It would look a tempting offer with the way the cards have fallen for us now.

I said this on another thread, playing with the sword of damaclese over your head or suing a sports body et al isn't conducive to the tight emotion or mindset to play at an elite. I would take the offer of six months if I was in his position, but it's easy to say that when I'm not him.

Scorlibo
21-06-2014, 08:15 PM

I think the coaching staff will stick by him, but they should be very disappointed with his pressure which has been beyond poor for two weeks in a row. If the injured guys come up for next week, it puts pressure on Crameri because we can't realistically deny opportunities to guys at the lower who perform well when the senior team has been smashed.

G-Mo77
21-06-2014, 08:16 PM

Like last time we played them it's a danger game for them. Next Sunday we'll be the underdogs. At this point of their rebuild they should be well ahead of us and I think they are but only just.

Scorlibo
21-06-2014, 08:18 PM
Like last time we played them it's a danger game for them. Next Sunday we'll be the underdogs. At this point of their rebuild they should be well ahead of us and I think they are but only just.

Really? Would have thought we'd go in favourites.

Scorlibo
21-06-2014, 08:20 PM
We're $1.68 favourites with sportsbet. We're definitely ahead of Melbourne for mine, even with today's loss.

Bumper Bulldogs
21-06-2014, 08:25 PM
We're $1.68 favourites with sportsbet. We're definitely ahead of Melbourne for mine, even with today's loss.

Cant see how these odds are correct, They will be adjusted once we have announced our outs for next week.

Rocco Jones
21-06-2014, 09:39 PM

He has been poor.

Agree mate but it's not Supercoach, you don't get picked relative to what you earn!

No doubt at all he isn't paying to his pay packet but he is in our best 22.

F'scary
21-06-2014, 09:45 PM
Out: Tutt aka Mr Concrete Hands, Crameri for showing about as much commitment as a junkie on a work-for-the-dole program, Griffen (inj), Grant (inj), Roughead (inj).

Don't know about the ins yet but looks like plenty of opportunities.

The Bulldogs Bite
21-06-2014, 10:00 PM
Agree mate but it's not Supercoach, you don't get picked relative to what you earn!

No doubt at all he isn't paying to his pay packet but he is in our best 22.

He is in our best 22 when fit and in form, but like any other player, when you're playing as poorly as he is you shouldn't be a protected species.

I think he is either carrying an injury (his lack of running ability is noticeable) or he's mentally struggling with everything that's going on. Whatever it is, I don't see any justification for Crameri to be playing seniors next week.

bornadog
21-06-2014, 10:02 PM
I think Williams will come in

azabob
21-06-2014, 10:11 PM

Do you want him to come in?

bornadog
21-06-2014, 10:23 PM
Do you want him to come in?

Unsure about that but what I do know is the coach likes him

Remi Moses
22-06-2014, 01:39 AM
In - Talia Honeychurch ( stringer or Hunter)
Out - roughy ( if he isn't fit, don't play him) Griffen ( clearly hampered, time for a spell) Gia ( he'll get 2)
If Griffen and Roughy are hampered please don't play them. The seasons shot and finishing 13 instead of 15th means nothing.

Remi Moses
22-06-2014, 01:40 AM

I really hope not. It's time to cut the umbilical cord with some of our players

Remi Moses
22-06-2014, 01:42 AM
He is in our best 22 when fit and in form, but like any other player, when you're playing as poorly as he is you shouldn't be a protected species.

I think he is either carrying an injury (his lack of running ability is noticeable) or he's mentally struggling with everything that's going on. Whatever it is, I don't see any justification for Crameri to be playing seniors next week.
If he is carrying some ailment I hope they put him away, and if it's the whole ASADA Essendon induced problem take the 6 months .

BulldogBelle
22-06-2014, 04:30 PM
Following the Footscray game on Twitter. Big Jack has 2.3 at quarter time. Surely his form has been good enough to crack a game????

bulldogtragic
22-06-2014, 04:42 PM
I really hope not. It's time to cut the umbilical cord with some of our players

Tough call. Fair call though.

Dry Rot
22-06-2014, 05:36 PM
Following the Footscray game on Twitter. Big Jack has 2.3 at quarter time. Surely his form has been good enough to crack a game????

Can we promote him? Or did Austen take that chance?

Webby
22-06-2014, 05:44 PM
Can we promote him? Or did Austen take that chance?

To be honest, two Joe the goose hand balls for his tally for the day. Jury's still out for mine.

Tough game, though. Had my first kick of the footy for years at qtr time. Slipped on my arse right on front of the Sherrin Stand and received a Vic Park ribbing.... Just happy to see Ayce and Campbell continuing to progress. Still impressed with Ben Kennedy, though.

Remi Moses
22-06-2014, 05:57 PM
Sounded like he played on Marsh ( first year player) bit hard to judge

Go_Dogs
22-06-2014, 07:45 PM
Outs: Griffen, Gia and Roughead

Ins: Hunter, Roberts and Honeychurch

If Grant also goes out, then Stringer gets the nod.

josie
22-06-2014, 07:46 PM

^^^Yarp !!!

Pickenitup
22-06-2014, 07:57 PM
After Watching The VFL Today I would go
In Hunter Redpath(Think The Time Has Come)
Out Gia Griffen
If Grant And Roughy Don't get Up Id bring In Stringer And Roberts.

Nuggety Back Pocket
22-06-2014, 08:54 PM

Crameri was our best forward early in the season but has failed to impress in recent weeks. We should expect more given the reputation he has built for himself.

bornadog
22-06-2014, 11:49 PM

Grant is in some doubt for next week

divvydan
26-06-2014, 11:25 AM
McCartney has confirmed that Honeychurch and Darley will play this weekend. Griffen also confirmed to miss. Scans on Roughead "didn't tell them anything they didn't already know". suspect he misses this week as well. They won't take any chances on Grant's concussion and Williams is in the mix to come in.

jeemak
26-06-2014, 11:53 AM
It will be great to get Darley and Honeychurch into the side. Love seeing young fellas make their debut for us.

craigsahibee
26-06-2014, 01:50 PM
Congratulations to both Mitch and Sam.

As Jeemak said, a young debutant is always exciting.

The Bulldogs Bite
26-06-2014, 04:35 PM
Yep, really excited to see both Honeychurch and Darley.

azabob
26-06-2014, 04:45 PM
And perhaps Redpath - he has been upgraded.

jeemak
26-06-2014, 04:45 PM
Redpath upgraded.

Aza too quick!

azabob
26-06-2014, 04:47 PM
Redpath upgraded.

Too quick Azabob!

As secret agent 86, Mawell Smart would say... "missed it, by, that much...."

The Bulldogs Bite
26-06-2014, 04:51 PM
Even more excited!

LostDoggy
26-06-2014, 04:53 PM
Wonder how many changes there will be exactly.. That's 3 basically confirmed. You would think Hunter is a moral to also come in?

LostDoggy
26-06-2014, 04:54 PM
Now I'm really excited. Three debutants as I'm assuming the upgrade means Redpath will play. Debuts always make it far more interesting especially if the team isn't playing so well. :D

chef
26-06-2014, 04:59 PM
Hopefully big jack gets in this week.

LostDoggy
26-06-2014, 05:37 PM
Gia Griff and Roughie all definitely out, sounds like Grant may miss too.

Ins Mitch, Sam and possibly big Jack surely Hunter will come in for Gia, so need one more and Macca said some may be dropped?

Not sure who gets Dawes? was too big for Dale last time, but can Austin take him? maybe big Jack will play down back? hope not.

Good to see all the ins are good ball users.

Remi Moses
26-06-2014, 05:43 PM
That's great news
Heading to Europe for a family holiday tonight, so all info greatly appreciated.
I think some very important games are being played at Geelong on Friday and next week for us.

jeemak
26-06-2014, 06:20 PM
Tough gig with these outs so far.

Can't wait to win by a few points only for the media to talk up Melbourne's strong showing under Paul Roos' guidance against a full strength Bulldogs line-up.

Greystache
26-06-2014, 06:52 PM
At a guess I'll go with

In- Hunter, Honeychurch, Darley, Williams

Out- Griffen, Gia, Roughy, Grant

Rocco Jones
26-06-2014, 06:59 PM
Really like Tom Williams, consider him a real Doggies man etc but really hope he doesn't play. Just a massive liability IMO, why not just give a game to a developing tall like Roberts? Both will leave us vulnerable but at least one of them has a future.

Go_Dogs
26-06-2014, 07:27 PM
Some big moves at the selection table. I like it.

BornInDroopSt'54
26-06-2014, 07:31 PM
Redpath upgraded, you'd think he's in this week's team.

Remi Moses
26-06-2014, 07:34 PM
Really like Tom Williams, consider him a real Doggies man etc but really hope he doesn't play. Just a massive liability IMO, why not just give a game to a developing tall like Roberts? Both will leave us vulnerable but at least one of them has a future.

Agree totally. I feel sorry for Tom, but time to move on.

lemmon
26-06-2014, 07:36 PM
No Williams in the squad, we look small down back unless Redpath goes back there

lemmon
26-06-2014, 07:37 PM
Full back L Picken M Austin R Murphy
Half back S Higgins D Morris E Wood
Centreline M Bontempelli M Boyd J Macrae
Half forward K Stevens S Crameri S Darley
Full forward L Dahlhaus L Jones M Honeychurch
Followers W Minson M Wallis T Liberatore
Interchange (from): J Grant J Stringer J Tutt
N Hrovat L Hunter J Redpath
T Campbell

jeemak
26-06-2014, 08:19 PM
If Campbell plays, and Redpath does as well I wouldn't be surprised to see the latter used in defence if Melbourne are too tall for us.

A lot depends on Grant's fitness.

Good to see the former rewarded for effort in the two's.

G-Mo77
26-06-2014, 08:29 PM
Our backline is a mess, no Roughy and we're relying on Austin and Morris to hold down the height in the Dee's forward line. Yeah their forward line isn't terrific but they're going to stretch us, big time. It makes me think Stringer is a dead set certainty to play and help down back.

This team, structurally and strategically looks like a real mess. Week in week out I scratch my head on the team selections and wonder how much planning goes into them. It looks like something you muster up 10 minutes in a room after Thursday training session while the players are getting changed (Miss those country footy days :) ).

I was sitting on the fence and leaning towards the Doggies this week I'm now crossing out our team name and picking the Dee's.

After all that I'm happy to see Darley get a game. He's earned a spot, well done to the lad.

jeemak
26-06-2014, 08:31 PM
Gmo, how would you change it?

G-Mo77
26-06-2014, 08:38 PM
Gmo, how would you change it?

Well for starters some help down back. Roughead's out Williams (Pending health) or Roberts would be in to help out. Melbourne's forwards are going to carve us up.

Sorry I missed Honeychurch on my last post as well. Great to see him finally getting a game!

jeemak
26-06-2014, 08:45 PM
Any chance you think Redpath might end up making his debut as a defender?

I don't disagree with you by the way. I'm just pushing a theory and want some validation. :)

G-Mo77
26-06-2014, 08:49 PM

It'd be pretty dumb if he did. I mean he's played forward all season in the VFL and played his best footy there and they'd bring him in first game in defense. It sounds so dumb I reckon we may do it. :P

I think Stringer will be the helper in defense. He'd be a guy who could play on someone like Pederson. Morris to Dawes which would leave Austin to take the resting ruck.

Bumper Bulldogs
26-06-2014, 08:50 PM
I just had a beer with a mate.......... I know sounds like a poor start.

He said that Crameri has been told all week he is starting down back.

The MC hoes it takes the ore sure off him as he is not coping well with the pending ASDA issues, he Aldo said that he will play lose in the back line and Stringer into defence.

dogs have also set them self for a big hard contested win over the Dees

G-Mo77
26-06-2014, 08:56 PM

The MC hoes it takes the ore sure off him as he is not coping well with the pending ASDA issues, he Aldo said that he will play lose in the back line and Stringer into defence.

How many did you have mate? ;)

Bumper Bulldogs
26-06-2014, 08:58 PM

Only four......I think

Sounds like a fair deal to me!

bornadog
26-06-2014, 08:58 PM
It'd be pretty dumb if he did. I mean he's played forward all season in the VFL and played his best footy there and they'd bring him in first game in defense. It sounds so dumb I reckon we may do it. :P

I think Stringer will be the helper in defense. He'd be a guy who could play on someone like Pederson. Morris to Dawes which would leave Austin to take the resting ruck.

We did the opposite with Roberts, really hard to fathom if that is what they do.

jeemak
26-06-2014, 09:00 PM

Hahaha, indeed. Four yard glasses.

jeemak
26-06-2014, 09:01 PM

I missed Stringer in the side. There goes my shit theory.

Bumper Bulldogs
26-06-2014, 09:14 PM
I missed Stringer in the side. There goes my shit theory.

Well not yet.

No one on WOOF would claim to know what the MC would be thinking.

jeemak
26-06-2014, 09:19 PM
We'll indeed!

kruder
26-06-2014, 09:25 PM
So are we going to win boys? I'm right up in the tipping was thinking at going the emotional hedge. Tip Melbourne and hope the dogs win. It will be a really good win from the boys considering the outs....

Thoughts?

Maddog37
26-06-2014, 09:46 PM
I think we can win but probably expect a loss. Cross out hurts them a fair bit.

BornInDroopSt'54
26-06-2014, 09:54 PM
No Williams in the squad, we look small down back unless Redpath goes back there

Melbourne have gone with Gawn, they don't come much taller, maybe to stretch us. No Hogan, Dawes or Mitch Clarke though and they still might stretch us.

Maddog37
26-06-2014, 10:14 PM
Dawes is in.

Remi Moses
26-06-2014, 10:32 PM
Like the inclusions
I'd say if Grant pulls out then Jack will get a gig. Time for a look at him in senior company.

Remi Moses
26-06-2014, 10:34 PM

I don't disagree with you by the way. I'm just pushing a theory and want some validation. :)

I'd be staggered to be honest.
Although nothing shocks me ATM.

Pickenitup
26-06-2014, 10:53 PM
I am Tipping us to win I know we have a lot out but we play the dome better than Melbourne and we have got better depth than Melbourne.Last time Roughy didn't play and we took care of there forwards.
Like the ins Hunter Honey And Darley will give us some good run and energy And Big Jack A Good Target up forward Go Dogs!

jeemak
26-06-2014, 11:26 PM
I'd be staggered to be honest.
Although nothing shocks me ATM.

Well if Grant plays, and Campbell plays does Redpath not get a game?

BulldogBelle
26-06-2014, 11:45 PM
Our selection policy makes no sense to me. Does anyone else think they just pick our best 22 regardless of shape and size or a need for some sort of structure? In the better teams, a half back flanker goes out, a half back flanker comes in, even if that inclusion is only rated the 27th best for that week. This has been our weakness now for years. Not a perfect system either I know, as it would proberbly mean Williams would be at CHB, but if would also mean that we some sort of identifiable game plan too. The only consistency I see in structure is a policy of only playing one ruckman, which again makes to sense to me ( I'm very negative tonight, need my medication) with Will being in pretty ordinary form for a majority of the season and us screaming out for a tall target up forward. It's great to see the developing midfield coming along so well, but give them something to kick to!!! Very concerned this week that we will be to small down back, and just as we get something that resembles a structured forward line. That being said, if the midfield gets on top we might be a chance.

jeemak
26-06-2014, 11:54 PM
Hoopsnake, where do you see Campbell playing if he's eventually included as named?

How would you set up the side?

BulldogBelle
27-06-2014, 12:10 AM
Close to goal for Campbell, rotating through the ruck and interchange in a three way rotation with Will and a medium sized forward such as Cameri. I would have played one of Williams, Roberts or Talia, depending on match ups. If Honeychurch is in then for me it's Tutt that goes out. From a structure point of view it's a bit of overkill to have Dahlhaus, Hrovat, Tutt and Honeychurch all playing pretty much the same role. Hunter on the other hand is a slightly different player and a good replacement for Gia. Those two plus Dickson are all similar, and I'd only ever play one (not counting the sub)

GVGjr
27-06-2014, 12:32 AM
We have some options

I'd go with an IC bench of Stringer, Hrovat, Hunter and Redpath. Hunter needs to play.
I don't think Grant is right, Tutt will be unlucky and Campbell is very close. It's a coin toss between Campbell and Redpath.

We need Stringer because we need his versatility. He's played some good football and we can use him in a few positions. I hope we give him a good run at it.

The harder question to ask is who should be the Sub this week. It might be Hunter or Hrovat.

The Bulldogs Bite
27-06-2014, 12:36 AM
We have some options

I'd go with an IC bench of Stringer, Hrovat, Hunter and Redpath. Hunter needs to play.
I don't think Grant is right, Tutt will be unlucky and Campbell is very close. It's a coin toss between Campbell and Redpath.

We need Stringer because we need his versatility. He's played some good football and we can use him in a few positions. I hope we give him a good run at it.

The harder question to ask is who should be the Sub this week. It might be Hunter or Hrovat.

Agreed.

Sub role is difficult this week, as in an ideal world we'd get a full game into all these young kids, but somebody has to be it. I think it'll be Hrovat.

GVGjr
27-06-2014, 12:42 AM
Agreed.

Sub role is difficult this week, as in an ideal world we'd get a full game into all these young kids, but somebody has to be it. I think it'll be Hrovat.

After having another look I'd nearly lean towards Darley this week. With Griffen out I think we need both Hunter and Hrovat

The Bulldogs Bite
27-06-2014, 12:44 AM
After having another look I'd nearly lean towards Darley this week. With Griffen out I think we need both Hunter and Hrovat

With Roughead out, Morris/Austin/Wood will be our key stoppers so I think Darley will be required for a medium/small forward.

GVGjr
27-06-2014, 02:53 AM
With Roughead out, Morris/Austin/Wood will be our key stoppers so I think Darley will be required for a medium/small forward.

Won't that fall to Murphy, Higgins and Picken?

LostDoggy
27-06-2014, 09:32 AM
Dees have lost their past 17 games at the Dome. Something to consider for the tipsters.

For the sub role, I'd go with Stevens as sub this week. Let the mosquito fleet run amok! Hunter, Hrovat, Honeychurch and Dahl.

The Pie Man
27-06-2014, 01:50 PM
Grant's out, replaced in the 27 by Roberts.

You'd think Redpath's debut looks more likely following that news.

Bulldog Joe
27-06-2014, 02:10 PM
With the side available it will be a mighty effort to win.

If Melbourne can't beat this side Roos is not what the coach he is touted as.

Can't see both Campbell and Redpath getting a game. Would hope Roberts got a run but surely that would have had him selected originally and not to replace Grant.

Perhaps they always knew Grant would miss and Roberts was always going to come in.

Nuggety Back Pocket
27-06-2014, 02:19 PM
We have some options

I would prefer to see Stevens as the sub as believe there is more upside to both Hunter and Hrovat. I would also like to see Campbell who has been in good form in the VFL used in tandem with Will in the ruck and to also provide a bigger target up forward.

LostDoggy
27-06-2014, 05:34 PM
Tom McDonald is set to miss for the Dees, meaning that if we go with Redpath/Campbell they'll be a man short down back if Frawley plays forward.

always right
27-06-2014, 05:36 PM
Reckon they'll bring in Georgiou if McDonald is out.

G-Mo77
27-06-2014, 06:03 PM
Final Sunday teams -
WBulldogs v Melb;
Interchange; Stringer, Tutt, Hrovat, Hunter.
Emergencies; Roberts, Redpath, Campbell.

G-Mo77
27-06-2014, 06:05 PM
Melb/WB;
Int;Salem, Nicholson, Barry, Gawn.
Em;Riley, Georgiou, Tapscott.

bornadog
27-06-2014, 06:05 PM
Final Sunday teams -
WBulldogs v Melb;

Short team, with three big guys emergencies. Better win this or there will be a lot of grumpy people asking questions on selection.

GVGjr
27-06-2014, 06:06 PM
Final Sunday teams -
WBulldogs v Melb;

Close to what I predicted. I would have had Redpath or Campbell in for Tutt.

NBP suggested Stevens for the sub, that might be a good move.

Hotdog60
27-06-2014, 06:09 PM
Jack needs to kick a bag this week to boost he's stocks for selection next week. If he only gets one or two he may have to wait a bit longer.

Bulldog4life
27-06-2014, 06:10 PM
Short team, with three big guys emergencies. Better win this or there will be a lot of grumpy people asking questions on selection.

Yes a short team alright. Wonder if there might be a late change?

jeemak
27-06-2014, 06:14 PM
Close to what I predicted. I would have had Redpath or Campbell in for Tutt.

NBP suggested Stevens for the sub, that might be a good move.

Would have been pretty tough on Tutt to miss after one bad game, even though he really did let himself down with his handling and finishing.

I can't see a late change not occurring though. Perhaps Jones or Crameri is under a cloud.....

LostDoggy
27-06-2014, 06:40 PM
Have a feeling Crammers is under a cloud not just the ASADA one, was getting a lot of work on his hip/side and hasn't been moving as freely the last few weeks. I think one of the tall emergencies will come in, the dees have a tall side with Jamar, Frawley, Gawn, Dawes even Watts. Going to be a tough ask this week with all our injuries.

The Bulldogs Bite
27-06-2014, 06:46 PM
Not a fan and just don't see the logic in promoting a player only not to play him. Should be one or the other.

Besides, a game at ES v Melbourne is the perfect opportunity. We have Geelong (SS) and Gold Coast (Cairns) next, neither one is winnable nor will they be particularly easy as forwards to impact the game. I can see us bringing him in next week and getting dropped after 1-2 quiet games. :rolleyes:

Nuggety Back Pocket
27-06-2014, 08:32 PM

Another strange selection policy. I would have preferred two of Roberts Redpath and Campbell to give us some badly needed marking power. Great to see Honeychurch in who is a near neighbour of mine but the forward line structure doesn't inspire confidence. With both clubs coming off a loss this is a winnable game.

LostDoggy
28-06-2014, 12:43 AM
This is as close to our future 4 years time team as we will see this year. So damn excited. Not sure the stat but this might be the first time our top 4 from the class of 2012 will play together at once.

Go_Dogs
28-06-2014, 12:52 AM
This is as close to our future 4 years time team as we will see this year. So damn excited. Not sure the stat but this might be the first time our top 4 from the class of 2012 will play together at once.

You might be right.

If Prudden continues on from his great first up effort in the VFL last week, we might see all 5 play in the same team before the season is out. Still a long way to go, but it's shaping as an incredible draft for us.

josie
28-06-2014, 01:25 AM
Tutt listed in VFL game - who will it be to replace him? Redpath, Roberts, Campbell? Likely Roberts with Roughead out. And if Crameri is sore then Redpath in? I'd like Stevens to play in VFL and all three in. I know that's a massive lot of changes however if you consider the VFL side has been going well perhaps not such a silly idea. All may be revealed tomorrow at Simmonds Stadium !! Would love to see if Redpath has what it takes and vs Melb would be good opp. Here's hoping....

The Underdog
28-06-2014, 10:10 AM
Tutt listed in VFL game - who will it be to replace him? Redpath, Roberts, Campbell? Likely Roberts with Roughead out. And if Crameri is sore then Redpath in? I'd like Stevens to play in VFL and all three in. I know that's a massive lot of changes however if you consider the VFL side has been going well perhaps not such a silly idea. All may be revealed tomorrow at Simmonds Stadium !! Would love to see if Redpath has what it takes and vs Melb would be good opp. Here's hoping....

Tutt listed in the VFL is just a hangover from him being named on the extended bench. He's been named in the team so he either plays for the firsts or not at all. I'd prefer to see an extra tall defender (Roberts?) in but maybe that's the plan for Stringer. He did play there against them last time with limited success.
Not super fussed about Redpath playing.

Hotdog60
28-06-2014, 10:12 AM
If we load up with a small forward line Melb will stack theirs with tall to stretch our mid sized defenders.

I think we needed to get on the front foot and force them to have some height down back.

With Redpath, Campbell and Jones you would think one could exploit his opponent, we have enough smart small forwards to do the chasing and pick up the crumbs.

Bumper Bulldogs
28-06-2014, 11:41 AM
If we load up with a small forward line Melb will stack theirs with tall to stretch our mid sized defenders.

I think we needed to get on the front foot and force them to have some height down back.

With Redpath, Campbell and Jones you would think one could exploit his opponent, we have enough smart small forwards to do the chasing and pick up the crumbs.
We'll that is if the MC don't allow a spare man floating around blocking up the space. I can't understand why we don't man this bloke up and egg our player to drag him up the field around the 50m to 55m and let our FF play deep

This worked when we had the likes of Jonno, Robins, Gia, Aker, Harhn causing all sorts of damage

Rocco Jones
28-06-2014, 01:05 PM

Came on to post the same thing.

With McDonald out for the Dees I think we should play Redpath. Redpath has shown he can be damaging up against smaller or VFL quality type defenders. Dunn is smaller and Georgiou fits into the VFL standard type. Dunn has being going well this season so far, but will probably be needed on Jones. It means that the Dees really have to think about how they will use Frawley.

josie
28-06-2014, 07:47 PM
Tutt listed in the VFL is just a hangover from him being named on the extended bench. He's been named in the team so he either plays for the firsts or not at all. I'd prefer to see an extra tall defender (Roberts?) in but maybe that's the plan for Stringer. He did play there against them last time with limited success.
Not super fussed about Redpath playing.

Thanks for that clarification Underdog. From VFL reports on WOOF it looks like Roberts did not play so if there is a late change he is the one that will come in.

jeemak
28-06-2014, 08:12 PM
Has anyone actually considered that putting a spare man at our half forward area might be a ploy to bait us into manning that spare, crowding our forward line and ultimately exposing our weak defencive structure (which has admittedly performed better than I thought it would this year) that is in a massive transitional phase?

I know the argument is straw-man in nature, but really none of us are any smarter than our coaching team and none of us see more than their collective group of eight sees.

This year every time I have seen our defenders going head to head without numbers back I've seen us get spanked. Take the game against the Dockers as an example of that. We were opened up and spread big time because our men found themselves all at our half forward line and we had zero capability to get back in time and we were burned on the scoreboard because of it.

LostDoggy
29-06-2014, 01:39 AM
Has anyone actually considered that putting a spare man at our half forward area might be a ploy to bait us into manning that spare, crowding our forward line and ultimately exposing our weak defencive structure (which has admittedly performed better than I thought it would this year) that is in a massive transitional phase?

I know the argument is straw-man in nature, but really none of us are any smarter than our coaching team and none of us see more than their collective group of eight sees.

This year every time I have seen our defenders going head to head without numbers back I've seen us get spanked. Take the game against the Dockers as an example of that. We were opened up and spread big time because our men found themselves all at our half forward line and we had zero capability to get back in time and we were burned on the scoreboard because of it.

Couldn't agree more. I always get frustrated by fans getting upset for our coaching staff for letting teams play a loose man.

If we did actually man that loose up, they would just send another back making it a 8 man forward half. Crowding our forward line even more and opening theirs up even more.

jeemak
29-06-2014, 01:53 AM
Couldn't agree more. I always get frustrated by fans getting upset for our coaching staff for letting teams play a loose man.

If we did actually man that loose up, they would just send another back making it a 8 man forward half. Crowding our forward line even more and opening theirs up even more.

They might stop at eight, or they might stop at nine or ten.

It's like stopping gun related crime with more guns in the populace.......eventually those with the more sophisticated guns and the know-how to use them will win.

Bumper Bulldogs
29-06-2014, 08:48 AM
I disagree with this as if we play an extra forward line or two. We need a structure to drag them into areas of the forward line that suits our team. Yes this would be crowded at 50 to 60 out from goal but if we have space to run and kick over the back we would be better off. IMO. The issue that I see the spare a giants us sit 30 to 40 out which blocks our leads. If he has an opponent and he is 45 out 30 in of the boundary he will be forced to go over and stand by him. Thus opens up the other side or he becomes a dummy lead just out side the fifty.

divvydan
29-06-2014, 12:47 PM
Late change for today. Tutt out, Fletcher Roberts in. Hrovat sub whilst Barry sub for Melb.