PDA

View Full Version : Three Things I've Learned - Round 15 Edition

Eastdog
27-06-2014, 12:08 AM
Once the Round 15 match against Melbourne is completed, let us know the three things you learned after watching the match.

Be constructive but be honest.

bulldogtragic
29-06-2014, 04:13 PM
Three things folks.

Hotdog60
29-06-2014, 05:19 PM
Bonti will be something special
Stringer needs to work on his set shots, misses ones he should get
We need either Campbell or Redpath in to take some heat off Jones

Remi Moses
29-06-2014, 05:21 PM
Listened to the game
3. Dan Lonergan's silly comment that we should have picked up Aish ( how you could call that so early is incredible)
2. The media Paul Roos fawning will say Brave dees just fall short over lucky dogs.
1. The young side we fielded today still managed to get up when challenged.

boydogs
29-06-2014, 05:27 PM
1. Bontempelli stands up when it counts
2. We do have a forward that can get space on their opponent and take a mark on the lead. Welcome back Jake
3. Libba really can't handle a tag, we lose two players when Griffen is missing as he can manage it but Libba can't

boydogs
29-06-2014, 05:30 PM
Stringer needs to work on his set shots, misses ones he should get

He had a couple fade on him from 40 out, but got some toughies as well. 4.2 for the day, not counting the dribble goal after a free to Melbourne

3. Dan Lonergan's silly comment that we should have picked up Aish ( how you could call that so early is incredible)

Should be into the Pies over Scharenberg

Hotdog60
29-06-2014, 05:35 PM
He had a couple fade on him from 40 out, but got some toughies as well. 4.2 for the day, not counting the dribble goal after a free to Melbourne

It was a good effort from Jake today, it's just something I've notice with his set shots is that they fade to the right and he needs to fix it or at least allow for it. He deserved 6 goals today.

LostDoggy
29-06-2014, 06:25 PM
1. Paul Roos is the type of mechanic who may eliminate that worrying noise in the engine, but will never get your car running optimally. He's past it as a coach, and the rest of the comp has come a long way since the 2005-06 Sydney halcyon days.
2. Jake Stringer is one very strong, very competitive beast. Oh, wait, we knew that already. But he really showed it today.
3. It's possible to scream so hard and for so long that your head implodes. I'm typing this in bed, feeling elated yet ill.

bulldogtragic
29-06-2014, 06:31 PM
1. Paul Roos is the type of mechanic who may eliminate that worrying noise in the engine, but will never get your car running optimally. He's past it as a coach, and the rest of the comp has come a long way since the 2005-06 Sydney halcyon days.
2. Jake Stringer is one very strong, very competitive beast. Oh, wait, we knew that already. But he really showed it today.
3. It's possible to scream so hard and for so long that your head implodes. I'm typing this in bed, feeling elated yet ill.

Feel better BAS, just watch Bonts goals on loop to feel better!

Bulldog4life
29-06-2014, 08:35 PM
1. Darley is an excellent kick and I liked his game.

2, Paul Roos is a bigger sook than I thought he was.

3. Bonti will be a "huge" star.

Dancin' Douggy
29-06-2014, 08:40 PM
1. Jake stringer belongs in the seniors. He still has more forward nous than anyone else on our list.
2. Bontempelli was a good pick at pick 4.
3. Easton Wood has cemented his spot in our best 22. He has been great all year.

craigsahibee
29-06-2014, 09:14 PM
1. Jake stringer belongs in the seniors. He still has more forward nous than anyone else on our list.
2. Bontempelli was a good pick at pick 4.
3. Easton Wood has cemented his spot in our best 22. He has been great all year.

Agree. I thought Wood was brilliant today. Just needs a little bit more composure on the ball

jeemak
30-06-2014, 01:15 PM
1. There's some resolve and fight in our young group of players. This game, the Richmond game and the Collingwood game were all great examples of the ship being steadied and a win earned at the death, when a young team might usually roll over

2. We are slow to react to a change in opposition intent. We had it easy for for a 30 minute patch in the 1st/2nd which allowed us to get a substantial lead. It wasn't until late in the third that we realised we didn't have it easy any longer and adapt accordingly

3. Our core from the 2010-2013 drafts will be very good, if not the best we've had