PDA

View Full Version : Just wait for the sooking & hypocracy....

bulldogtragic
29-06-2014, 10:40 PM
Sunday's game between Coolingwood & Carlton was the lowest crowd attendance between the two teams in nearly 100 years.

Cue Eddie sooking about HIS team playing late Sunday as being some sort of one off cosmic tragedy, but our team virtually playing them every week is good because we should just be happy to exist with some shared revenue.

Brace yourselves people.

The Bulldogs Bite
29-06-2014, 10:41 PM
How many turned up there today?

bulldogtragic
29-06-2014, 10:42 PM

Can you believe it?? I'm sure they made only a good profit from gate receipts.

Lowest since 1921.

bulldogtragic
29-06-2014, 10:58 PM
Eddie in radio already demanding $200,000 compensation from the AFL for the fixture tonight...

FFS I'm going to lose it over this.

Prince Imperial
29-06-2014, 11:06 PM
Give Collingwood our three Sunday twilight home games (with another highly probable in round 23 against GWS) and then they would have something to complain about.

F'scary
29-06-2014, 11:14 PM
Good thread, BT. No wonder we have attendance and membership issues. And welcome to our world, Eddie.

Twodogs
29-06-2014, 11:23 PM
There's no way there was more than 30k at the last Collingwood Carlton game at Vic park so that statement is wrong for a start.

bulldogtragic
29-06-2014, 11:26 PM
There's no way there was more than 30k at the last Collingwood Carlton game at Vic park so that statement is wrong for a start.

I was thinking that, they must be using MCG games. Even full, Vic Park wouldn'tve held more than tonight's crowd.

SonofScray
29-06-2014, 11:33 PM
Came on here hoping to see a thread addressing this. Eddie is demanding a six figure sum as compensation. Hang on a minute, aren't Club's like Collingwood a success financially and in terms of 'relevance,' purely off the back of their hard work? Aren't us lazy clubs in the position we are in because we don't work as hard?

It couldn't possibly be that playing in unattractive timeslots has an impact on the gate and a Club's ability to attract an audience and all the benefits that can produce? Can it?

Now Collingwood, try playing mostly Sunday twilight / night and occasional expansion market games for the next 10 years and lets see how far your hard work gets you.

LostDoggy
30-06-2014, 12:24 AM
Came on here hoping to see a thread addressing this. Eddie is demanding a six figure sum as compensation. Hang on a minute, aren't Club's like Collingwood a success financially and in terms of 'relevance,' purely off the back of their hard work? Aren't us lazy clubs in the position we are in because we don't work as hard?

It couldn't possibly be that playing in unattractive timeslots has an impact on the gate and a Club's ability to attract an audience and all the benefits that can produce? Can it?

Now Collingwood, try playing mostly Sunday twilight / night and occasional expansion market games for the next 10 years and lets see how far your hard work gets you.
He's finally put his foot in his mouth, but nobody at the AFL has the balls to stand up to him anyway.

Twodogs
30-06-2014, 12:59 AM
If I was Peter Gordon I'd be on the phone at 9,02 to Eddie and ask him if he's had any further thoughts now on the Equiization debate. Because if you follow the precedent of one club being reimbursed then why are we writing them cheques?

The AFL can divert some of our compensation money for this year of playing home games in the slots no one else wanted to them.

Hotdog60
30-06-2014, 06:45 AM
I read this and thought what an a hole, not only have they (Wobbles) get handed the silver spoon of a draw the one time they get the crap end of the stick they moan.
Wake up Eddie that's why the other clubs support base dwindles each year because it's easier to watch it on telly.
Maybe Carlton who have sucked for over a decade just don't pull crowds any more and that prehistoric rivalry isn't as big as it once was.
Here's a thought, what about a even draw and you don't have to play compensation to the other clubs that prop you up and make you bigger.
Television is the maker and destroyer of the competition and you can thank the time slot to the media. do you what to knock back your cut from the tv rights and have your prime time advantage.
Gee this peeves me off.

Flamethrower
30-06-2014, 06:30 PM
I thought Collingwood didn't have fair weather fans?

Two losses in a row and they all jump off the Magpie bandwagon.

Dancin' Douggy
30-06-2014, 06:39 PM
It's always the richest, most priveleged, bloated pompous arseholes that squeal the loudest about injustice.
Eddie can join the conga line with Gina Rinehart, Alan Jones, etc

SonofScray
30-06-2014, 06:51 PM
On SEN this morning they were having none of it from Eddie. "Welcome to the reality Western Bulldogs face every weekend, and have for many years." "Try selling corporate sponsorship packed and growing your brand if you live that every week Eddie." Was very refreshing.

bulldogtragic
30-06-2014, 07:13 PM
Channel 9 running Collingwood's injustice in the first lot of 'stories' in the news tonight. How the hell is that remotely news?

Gillon needs to bitch slap Eddie of forever be on the wrong side of the relationship.

azabob
30-06-2014, 07:50 PM
On SEN this morning they were having none of it from Eddie. "Welcome to the reality Western Bulldogs face every weekend, and have for many years." "Try selling corporate sponsorship packed and growing your brand if you live that every week Eddie." Was very refreshing.

Channel 9 running Collingwood's injustice in the first lot of 'stories' in the news tonight. How the hell is that remotely news?

Gillon needs to bitch slap Eddie of forever be on the wrong side of the relationship.

They seem to be the only media outlet who are sympathetic towards Collingwoods complaints.

Bumper Bulldogs
30-06-2014, 08:06 PM
If I was Peter Gordon I'd be on the phone at 9,02 to Eddie and ask him if he's had any further thoughts now on the Equiization debate. Because if you follow the precedent of one club being reimbursed then why are we writing them cheques?

The AFL can divert some of our compensation money for this year of playing home games in the slots no one else wanted to them.Spot on and I really think that Peter should use this as a tool against our Statium deal and fixturing for years to come.

He is in a corner no doubt. Workout what percentage Colongwood say they are down, them apply that over our games/membership present this as a package to the other clubs in our situation and make done demands of the the AFL and bluntly refuse to plat at Etihad with the threat to head down to Geelong.

This would completely stuff the AFL and would get them all at the table to discuss with Eddie having to sit at the table quitly as he caused the whole $#€? Sandwich.

Payback is a Biatch

jeemak
30-06-2014, 10:05 PM
Spot on and I really think that Peter should use this as a tool against our Statium deal and fixturing for years to come.

He is in a corner no doubt. Workout what percentage Colongwood say they are down, them apply that over our games/membership present this as a package to the other clubs in our situation and make done demands of the the AFL and bluntly refuse to plat at Etihad with the threat to head down to Geelong.

This would completely stuff the AFL and would get them all at the table to discuss with Eddie having to sit at the table quitly as he caused the whole $#€? Sandwich.

Payback is a Biatch

I wouldn't have thought our best strategy is to piss off City Hall during the lead up to the next broadcasting rights negotiation phase. I'd hate for them to have to make a decision on whether 18 or 16 is the optimal number of teams that didn't go in our favour.

Like it or not, we have to work with the AFL to get the Docklands deal into better shape and we have very little chance of using another ground in Victoria as leverage to achieve that.