PDA

View Full Version : Bankers and Anchors - Round 16

Eastdog
05-07-2014, 11:16 PM
This is the round 16 edition of the Weekly Bankers and Anchors Thread. Once the game against Geelong is concluded post your nominations for:

The Bankers = 3 guys that you we banked on to do the right thing during the game
The Anchors = 3 guys that weighed us down by their errors or poor play

Please limit it to no more than three of each, but feel free to make honourable/dishonourable mentions. As usual try to make it constructive criticism.

Try and restrict it to individual players rather than aspects of the overall match.

The thread is named in honour of a popular WOOF Contributor, The Banker, who passed away on 22/04/2012 after a six month battle with cancer.

GVGjr
06-07-2014, 08:09 PM
Bump

bulldogtragic
06-07-2014, 09:07 PM
Bankers:

- Free Kick Count at a level I can never ever seeing in my lifetime. Why a banker you say? Because we tackled well, pressured well and put our heads over the ball, aka effort.
- the midfield brigade, just a big effort, big, big effort
- Bonts - sign him already

Anchors:

- marking stats, being out marked nearly 5 to 1
- Austin going to ground at nearly contest, why is he still doing it??
- Sunday twilight footy combined with Dwayne Russell, cruel punishment.

comrade
06-07-2014, 09:12 PM

Combined with that bonehead Alistair Lynch, makes enduring a loss that much worse. The Russell/Lynch combo must be the worst in professional sports broadcasting...worldwide.

Scorlibo
06-07-2014, 09:15 PM

Do you think we could start a petition to have him removed from calling all Bulldogs games? He's awful and it really ruins my day having to listen to his tripe. Surely it's at the point now where Peter Gordon should get on the phone to Fox and tell them to stop destroying the Bulldog brand by having Dwayne Russell call our games.

bulldogtragic
06-07-2014, 09:24 PM
Do you think we could start a petition to have him removed from calling all Bulldogs games? He's awful and it really ruins my day having to listen to his tripe. Surely it's at the point now where Peter Gordon should get on the phone to Fox and tell them to stop destroying the Bulldog brand by having Dwayne Russell call our games.

I think so. My wife watchs dogs matches with me and regularly says she thinks Dwayne doesn't like us from the way he talks. I'm assuming other neutrals of potential members would interpret his garbage like an assault on our brand too. Seriously, asking Bonts on 3AW if he was concerned our club called his name. All that aside, he brings nothing to the table, he must know where the bodies are buried.

boydogs
06-07-2014, 09:31 PM
Bankers

Getting back into it after it looked over, 7 goals to 1 in the wet
Bonts repeat efforts, evasiveness & disposal
Murphy's explosive acceleration got us out of trouble numerous times and created some forward 50 entries with time and space

Anchors

Slow start
Getting outmarked
Austin giving us nothing and forcing us to use the sub at half time

Bumper Bulldogs
06-07-2014, 09:40 PM
Bankers

Bonts - He will win a Brownlow he is that good
Macrae - thought he really lifted us after coming on and didn't waste it at all
Crameri - competed for everything, helped not having Taylor standing him aswell

Anchors

Geelongs loss man in the first half, just killed us
Austin - You just needed to play the percentages today but let us all down
Stevens- just takes to long to get it off and continually turns the ball over

Eastdog
06-07-2014, 10:30 PM
Bankers

Murphy - Despite a mistake he made gifting a Geelong goal he just works so hard for our team
Picken - 100% effort everytime
Crameri - Thought he really provided us something up forward today.

Special mentions to Bontempelli who showed more good things today.

Anchors

Our defence at times particuarly Austin
Failure to concert all our opportunities when we get it in the 50
When we turn it over it hurts us really badly.

always right
06-07-2014, 10:36 PM
B:
Our contested work today kept us in it. Libba and Wallis leading the way.
Much improved effort from Big Will today.
Bontempelli performance was impressive after all the media focus on him over the last week.

A:
So much to like about Crameri's effort today but he needs to eliminate his costly errors.
I like Austin but he was poor today.
Chris Scott in the coaches box....what a tosser.

josie
06-07-2014, 11:29 PM
Bankers
The effort of the young players today
Bonts - you will help sell memberships, love ya !!
Crameri tried his guts out all day
Special mention - Had the better of the umpiring however not so surprising seeing as we won the clearances by a long way

Anchors
Wish the coach would not allow opposition to have loose man in our forward when we are struggling to take a mark there
Had we kicked straighter we could have won, yes it was wet but geez we missed some sitters
Some of our players are too opposition focused rather than going for the ball - that's one of the reasons we are often out marked

The bulldog tragician
06-07-2014, 11:41 PM
B
Crameri work effort was huge, well done Stewie
The Bont. So special.
We could have dropped our heads & been thrashed. A very encouraging sign that we clearly have a big desire to win even in adverse conditions.
And honorable mention:
Credit where it's due: we did well from the umps for once!

A:
I was perplexed that McRae was the sub.
Failure to cope with 7 man defence; why do we allow this to happen.
So much hard work from Dahl, and a really fantastic goal, so this is a bit unfair, but that goal was crucial to nail.

as for Fox footy, please, no more! After one of our goals, all they could talk about was how brilliantly Geelong had 'nearly' saved it. they give us no credit, regularly get our players names wrong, and seem to openly fawn over opposition all the time. Pathetic.

Sedat
06-07-2014, 11:54 PM
Combined with that bonehead Alistair Lynch, makes enduring a loss that much worse. The Russell/Lynch combo must be the worst in professional sports broadcasting...worldwide.
Any Channel 7 combination eclipses even the shitfulness of the Pipe/Lynch combo.

Bankers:
Wallis - did a sterling job on Selwood and managed to hurt him the other way with some telling score involvements
Crameri - worked incredibly hard to provide a target today
Picken - clamped down on Motlop and made him a non factor

Anchors:
Score review system - 'nuff said really
Defensive structure in first half - continually opened up by Pagan's Paddock, lucky we weren't further behind at 1/2 time
Minson - having a mare of a season, was a non-factor again today, especially away from the stoppages

Bulldog Joe
06-07-2014, 11:59 PM
B
And honorable mention:
Credit where it's due: we did well from the umps for once!

Not sure about the umps. Free kick count 25 to 13. I want to know how Geelong were entitled to 13.
Also the disallowed goal on review was just WRONG

Eastdog
07-07-2014, 12:02 AM
Not sure about the umps. Free kick count 25 to 13. I want to know how Geelong were entitled to 13.

Yes that should of been a goal in my view. Very hard to tell from that replay that was shown if it was touched.

Twodogs
07-07-2014, 01:00 AM

Unbelievable decision but entirely believable that the first truly shitful decision under this system (how often have we seen the goal umpires decision overturned on evidence like that-never!) would go against us.

The bulldog tragician
07-07-2014, 01:21 AM

You're right. Misguided attempt to seem fair minded by me. It won't happen again !

Ozza
07-07-2014, 10:33 AM
Bankers:

Wallis - Huge game. Has had a really good month of footy.
Bonti - So clean in the wet. Plus 10 tackles. Another terriffic game and stays involved all day. (#extendabonts)
Griffen - Really good return from injury, led from the front.

Anchors:

Austin's first half...have to keep your feet mate!
Minson - Lost the hit outs. No impact around the stoppages or around the ground.
Having to listen to Dwayne Russell. What happened to him in his playing career against us, for him to despise us!?

soupman
07-07-2014, 12:30 PM
Bankers:
Bontempelli: He is going to be a star. Cannot believe how good he looks.
Wallis: Great job on Selwood.
Murphy; Stuffed it up a few times but was our main creative force and was pretty good.

Anchors:
Austin: I usually think he is ok but he was very poor today.
Chris Scott: He is so incredibly cringeworthy to watch. Just a petulant child.
Commentators: Imagine if, for just one week, they managed to commentate our game without using incorrect names, sharing idiotic opinions or making blatantly stupid statements eg. "they're still right in this" when we are 19 points down with 90 seconds left.

whythelongface
07-07-2014, 01:20 PM
Bankers:
Bontempelli: He is going to be a star. Cannot believe how good he looks.
Wallis: Great job on Selwood.
Murphy; Stuffed it up a few times but was our main creative force and was pretty good.

Anchors:
Austin: I usually think he is ok but he was very poor today.
Chris Scott: He is so incredibly cringeworthy to watch. Just a petulant child.
Commentators: Imagine if, for just one week, they managed to commentate our game without using incorrect names, sharing idiotic opinions or making blatantly stupid statements eg. "they're still right in this" when we are 19 points down with 90 seconds left.

The main perpetrator is Dwayne Russell - pretty sure he called Honeychurch, Hrovat and he called Stringer, Crameri FFS - Crameri had long sleeves on - surely he could of got that right - what a knob.

always right
07-07-2014, 01:59 PM
The main perpetrator is Dwayne Russell - pretty sure he called Honeychurch, Hrovat and he called Stringer, Crameri FFS - Crameri had long sleeves on - surely he could of got that right - what a knob.

At one stage he declared that with 60 seconds left in the quarter and the ball in Geelong's forwardline, that there was only time for one team to kick a goal and that was Geelong. You guessed it...within 20 seconds the ball was deep in our forwardline. I'm staggered how some of these blokes keep their job. Surely Channel 7 and Foxtel get sufficient feedback to realise how much the likes of BT and Derwayne are disliked by the viewers.

The Underdog
08-07-2014, 12:11 AM
Bankers:

Dahlhaus - thought he was enormous in the first half when a lot of our guys were down. His capacity to work his butt of continues to impress me. Top 5 on our list for me.
Bont - Classy in wet conditions
Crameri - Worked really hard in tough conditions for a forward. good to see him get some form back

Anchors:
Our ball use into the forward line - Harry Taylor has probably taken more marks in our forward 50 this season than any of our tall forwards have
Higgins - His worst game of the season by far
Dahlhaus - I love him but missing that set shot was a killer